Midnight Memories

By CallmeCristine

• An Eremika Vampire Au The moon turns Vermilion The horror and nightmares Keeps her... More

MIDNIGHT Memories
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 [Bittersweet]
Epilogue [Would they be able to have their happy ever after now?]
Final Note

Chapter 25

37 2 0
By CallmeCristine

Chapter 25

     Sasha was quiet good at explaining things, intelligently naming all the photos as she introduced it one by one, making the long walk entertaining.  Back in the human world, Sasha wasn't as entertaining as this- maybe because it wasn't her natural habitat.

"By the way, Mikasa,Are you a vampire now?"  The sudden question caught her off guard but she still answered it with a simple shake of her head, disappointing the female vampire, she turns to glare at the king.

" You're weak, you can't bite your mate now?"

"What bite? I thought you'd die if you bite humans?" She ash, confused of their conversation.

"Not  unless, they were your mate." Sasha replied with a smirk. " Infact, we could turn our mates into a vampire if we bite them during midnight under the eyes of the dark red moon. " She happily explains further, making Mikasa interested of it.

" Midnight bites? "

Sasha look at her with a smirk after she repeated what she had just said before her smile goes wide as she look over at Eren who was watching Mikasa intensively. "Ofcourse, it only happens so rarely. Nobody is actually willing of doing such a thing. Oh before I forgot, it's the year of the dark red moon, Armin told me that the Dark red moon will happen two days from now, I'm looking forward to seeing it." 

A teasing smile rose on her lips as Mikasa look like she was thinking of something deeply and Eren was glaring at her. " Is the dark red moon important? "

" Yes, it's the day that everything can almost come true, just almost… wishes doesn't always come true but most of it does so just made sure to think about what you will wish to the moon. " They continue to walk until they had reached the opening of the secret garden. The gate was a beautiful gold color, and carvings of flowers appear to surround the gate.

" Here we are. " The door open on it's own and they enter, all of them amazed by the scene infront of them. Straight out of a fairy tale as Mikasa would describe it to be. In the middle of the garden, was a fountain that is surrounded with lilies, a flower with lilac color, at the sires of the garden formed a bunch of blue colored roses, glistening in the dark as if glitters were thrown at it. There is similar things like this in the human world but it wasn't as majestic as this blue shining roses. 

"It's pretty." She says softly, admiring the beauty of the flower.

" Indeed it was, do you know, this blue roses are very rare, it could only be found in certain areas."

" As rare as the blood tree as of right now? "

" Even more rare than the blood tree right now, I feel like all these flowers are dying." Mikasa smiled.

" Do you think we could find a way to solve all of this?"

Sasha look at her with surprise but the smile didn't fade away from her face as she replied sincerely. " Why, ofcourse it would be solved your Majesty. Everyone is contributing to the experimentation of the blood tree and I know that you already know about the Ackerman's right? They are your family when you were still a vampire, they were helping a lot. The government is also helping a lot, those who was opposing Eren left their position so it was kind of imbalanced for a moment."

" Eren didn't tell me anything about that. " She sadly mutters.

"He didn't want you to worry over nothing, it's been solved anyway. The Ackerman's step forward to help in the power imbalanced. I didn't know Master Levi could actually be as kind as that, the head Ackerman was kinda scary, do you think so too? You've met them right? "

" Father? " Mikasa muttered again, before a tiny wholesome smile appears on her face as she talk about her first father. " Well, Father is nice. "

" You are saying that because you are his child. "

" No?.. Well, maybe. " She admits as Sasha raised a brow. " But he's not bad, he actually welcomed me with a smile when I met him the second time. Father was still the same as before, I'm sad I hadn't met Mother yet. I don't think she knows that her child reincarnated. "

" Mikasa, I'm so happy for you. " She gleefully said to her as she hugs Mikasa with all her strength, Mikasa being a human- struggles a bit under the tight hug of the vampire infront of her. She was not used to being hugged.

"Anyways, there would be a celebration if the project of restoring the tree would go successfully, which I really hope it would.  I don't want Eren to suffer anymore so after that," She leans towards Sasha's ear. " I was hoping to find a way to get rid of that entity in his body. It's very scary when it takes over, I like seeing the peaceful face of his. "

" You know he grew more each year." Sasha replied as she move two steps back, they both watch Eren as he busied himself looking at the flowers. "..but what you're saying might be different to what I am thinking, are you sure about that? The Queen mother never say anything."

"It appeared before me." She answered, walking over a golden colored bench- followed by Sasha and they both sat there, facing each other.  "So many times, I think it's intentional. He even revealed his plan to get rid of all vampires, when he does, I don't know what he will do next but it makes me scared. "

Sasha was about to say something but immediately stop when she noticed Eren approaching them. She gestured at Mikasa so Mikasa immediately stoop up to walk closer to him.
" What are you two talking about? "

" About the shadow. " She truthfully admits, making a shadow cast over his heavenly features. His dull green eyes appeared wide upon her answers. " .. but don't worry too much, I think we can handle this situation. Eren, I told you that we will help you and so I will. " Mikasa didn't wait for his answer. " If you will let me, I will help you, as always."

" You don't nee–"

" I must. " She replied, her breath hitching for a moment as she stared at him.

Sasha found it a cue for her to leave so she queitly leaves the secret garden, transforming into something that looks like a bat.

" Mikasa, I can handle such thing, this creature in my body. I won't ever let it achieve what it wants."

" Yes, I know. " She replied as her eyes darkened, glaring at his back. " .. but I won't ever share you with anyone, even that thing inside your body, so it must peacefully leave or else I will do it and he wouldn't like it."  Flabbergasted, he wasn't able to utter a word to her.

Mikasa was still looking at him with eyes full of determination.
" On the night of the dark moon, I will wish for it. I would never share you with anyone, you got that right Eren? So prepare yourself two days from now. "

       It goes right over his head and below, he was so focused to it over the past two days that Armin gets annoyed of him not paying any attention to what he was saying. Armin told him that he was too enthralled of her that he could not focus on anything else: he refers to her as a witch and Eren queitly agrees, maybe she was a witch that bounds him to love her for the rest of his life. He honestly doesn't know, but he likes to think that way - at least, it removes the thoughts of entity clouding his mind.
Later that night, the entity appears before him, taking a form of a grumpy child, the entity has a dark look on his face, appearing as if he wasn't pleased of him.  The entity appears to be so upset, the nerves seem like it was threatening to burst. The door suddenly closes, causing a few gasp and shout from the outside of Eren's room.

" I've been waiting too long. I cannot wait even longer. " It says, the displeadure in his voice made Eren shiver which didn't go unnoticed, unfortunately.
"I already gave you what you want, how long must I wait to get what I want."

The entity's question made him ask himself, had it ever gave him what he wanted? When all those years he still felt empty.. he doesn't know, what did he ask for that day, he wasn't on his right mind - he couldn't remember.

" What I want?"

" Yes, for her to be back." It says, with a strong convincing voice, his eyes widen. It appears that it does gave him what he wanted, and he gritted his teeth because he can't give the entity what he wanted. He wished he never say those things that night, it has consequences he didn't want and he had to solve it.

" You tricked me that night."

" Tricked you? No, I did not. It was to save your sanity. Why do you two say that I did when I did not." It whines angrily,asking the mirror shattered at a distance. The entity was glaring at him furiously. "I hate you for saying that. "

Eren muttered something under his breath, calmly, he looks at the shattered mirror and sigh, suddenly feeling exhausted.
" Then what do you want?"  The entity seems to be happy with his question, it's face suddenly becoming delighted.

The entity's red eyes twinkled.

" Destruction? Could you give it to me while I'm asking nicely?"

" Why do you want to destroy everything? " Eren couldn't help but ask, the entity's red eyes widen, shock- he concluded but it didn't answer him, instead it shouted at him.

" Just give me what I want. Father and mother would be happy! " It suddenly says so Eren became  intrigued. It has parents, the old entity has parents. Truthfully, Eren never saw it's real face, it always too a form of something else - as if it couldn't find itself and the unnatural glow of it's red eyes suggested that it wasn't the entity's real eyes either. 

" Your parents. " He repeated.

" Don't ask. " It demanded, glaring at him hatefully. The entity looks over the room.
" All vampires shall die. You vile beings. "

The first time he had seen this creature, it seems like it already hate him. The entity gave him the impression that it didn't like him, not like he does either but it still feel extremely weird. It made him feel a tremor he never felt before.

" We aren't vile. "

" How so? You took what does not belong to you. "

" What are you talking about? " He ask, confused if the entity's word but it didn't give him an answer. It disappeared like it was never there in the first place and the shattered mirror becomes whole again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 5.4K 45
Reality has always been a subject to shrug off as we pay heed more on our daydreams. It never really knocked on our windows to remind us about the 'r...
35.2K 2.4K 24
adopted story. original by @Mijunaa :3 - The afterlife of a dead human that reincarnated into a Killer!Sans variant. The facade of the new owner of...
2.3K 155 18
Y/N dreams of adventures like the ones she reads about in her books-until she becomes the prisoner of a fearsome Beast in a mysterious, enchanted cas...
175K 6K 22
《Confirmed. Reconstructing the spirit...『Gamers mind』 has been acquired. Report. 『Gamers mind』 and 『Gamers body』 evolved into one skill category: 『G...