Fantasy Newsletters

By Fantasy

Latest updates and news in the Fantasy profile and other fantastic profiles in Wattpad. Dive in for news from... More

Welcome
August 2024 - Community Newsletter
December 2023 + January 2024 - Fantasy Newsletter
JANUARY 2023 - Fantasy Newsletter
FEBRUARY 2023 - Fantasy Newsletter
MARCH + APRIL 2023 - Fantasy Newsletter
MAY 2023 - Fantasy Newsletter
JULY 2023 - Fantasy Newsletter
AUGUST 2023 - Fantasy Newsletter
SEPTEMBER 2023 - Fantasy Newsletter
OCTOBER 2023 - Fantasy Newsletter
NOVEMBER 2023 - Fantasy Newsletter

JUNE 2023 - Fantasy Newsletter

147 12 2
By Fantasy

Welcome to the June 2023 edition of the Fantasy newsletter!

Here are the things you can find in this update:
i) Fantasy Profile Updates
ii) TeamFantasy Profiles Updates
iii) Other Fantastical Profiles Updates
iv) News and Other Exciting Things

Contest
The fantasy family had a fantastic time hosting the Fantasmical 2023 which has now come to an end.

Thank you to everyone who joined in to make the contest more magical and memorable! We enjoyed each character you crafted, each story you submitted, and each fantasmical friday answer you left for us.

Fantasmical will be back!

In the meantime, keep an eye out for the winner announcements which will be as soon as possible.

Interview
We recently featured arveliot, the author behind several science fantasy series. To learn more about them, visit this link.

Take a look at everything our wonderful #TeamFantasy profiles have to offer:

highfantasy

New Releases
We launched our first official Book of the Month, as well as an Anthology book to feature upcoming shorts for contest winners or exceptional High Fantasy one-shots.

For our First Book of the Month, our profile selected wdhenning for his story, Cries of a Wounded Soul. His interview can be found here, and his story here.

Interview
For Pride Month, we interviewed Aro/Ace author Birdpaw for their story, Out of Evenfall. It was truly an honor to sit down with Birdpaw and discuss what Pride means to them as they spoke of the LGBTQA+ characters in their epic story. Their interview can be found here.

Reading List Updates

Wonderland
Once Upon a Lie by cressandleigh
Queen's Graveyard by DefinedBookJunkie
Light Bearer by Delphi_Arcana

Prythian
Shattered Crown by TheWallflowerWitch

lowfantasy

BOTM

During June, we featured our second author BellOfSilence with their book, Rotten To The Core, in our book for Book of the Month. You can read the interview with them here.

Monthly Activities
In May, we hosted the Challenge Mystery Word #1 in our book Monthly Activities. During June, we announced the winners of the first Mystery Word Challenge Elvira_Kamgut, amaryll28, Zerseus, Lone_Wolf-, Favesat5, WildHawk2, and sspn9kaz on our Message Board.

We also updated our Monthly Activities Book in June with the new activity Flash Fiction #1 in which the users can participate from June 4th to June 30th. You can find the chapter here.

mythandlegend

RL Updates

We have updated our Mythopoeia and Invented Mythologies RL. If you need something to keep you busy over the summer, we recommend checking out the awesome stories on this list.

Contests
The winner of our 13th Labor contest is @-astralis! Check out their story here.

Interviews
In June, we featured an interview with avadel, the author of "Of Caverns and Casters". Check their interview here. We also featured flowersforleah, the author of the 2021 Wattys Winner in Fantasy, "Priestess of the Moon". Learn more about them here.

Live Your Myths Anthology
If you have a story about your culture's mythology and folklore that you'd like to share with other users on Wattpad, check out our submission guidelines here and consider applying!

We've recently shared more folktales and myths from Japanese mythology:

Japanese Urban Legends (Fatal Fare, Human Pillar, The Red Room Curse)
✨ Japanese Folktale: The Marriage of a Mouse

retold

RL Updates

We are currently updating our Rethology RL. If you have a story that fits, please submit via the submission form.

We have combined our Tick, Tock and Darker Shadows RL with Crossroad. View the complete, updated list here.

Interviews
In May, we featured anneperaltanovels, the author of "Those Lovely Shards". View their interview here.

In June, we featured AllyCWrites, the author of "Princess Snow and the Empress". Learn more about them here.

talesofthedeep

Intrepid seafarers!

A new adventure has set sail in our murky waters. Beware for this is not for the faint of heart, but if you dare, come read all about ❝Shark Tag❞ right here.

We're always looking for more seafaring adventures from you. Submit your stories involving sea creatures, beaches, pirates, and more via this form.

WattpadAsianFantasy

RL Updates

Need something to read over the summer? Our Netherworld has been updated! Check it out here.

We have also released our Summer 2023 Cultivation Month Catalog. Learn more about this here.

Interviews
We featured the following authors this month:
🌸 JJJ000YYY and actressjp95, the winners of the Songkran 2023 contest!
Check out their interview here: JJJ000YYY and actressjp95.

🌸 MiyaHikari, the author of "Whisper of Blade". Learn more about them here.

🌸 AziaElga, the author of "The Lightning Mage". Lean more about them here.

Asian Mythology & Folklore Anthology
Need inspiration for writing? We recommend you check out our recent updates to our mythology & folklore anthology, which includes a new detailed and organized table of contents that you can easily navigate! Browse through here.

WattpadWitches

✨ New RL features:

[Hocus Pocus]
ALICE by Firdosefk
Tales from the Savanna by theafricanwordsmith

[Absolutely Spellbound]
The Wolf's Favorite Witch by MelaninMagik
All I Need For Yule Is You by MoonyMo0ns
The Curse of Lykaon by Werepanther
That Year You Were In by Alsyna_Rose
Merlin's Curse by Benhauthor
The Broken Raven by K_Evans89

[The Young and The Wicked]
Wicked Ways to Ruin a Boy by TAJoseph
The Irresistible Mickey Holly by ASMorrow

[Supernatural Crossroads]
Moonrise by True-North

[World of Magical Fandoms]
Gods & Thieves by kndlntsva

[Broad-Spectrum Spellcasters]
The Grimm Dossier by BellOfSilence
The Wise Women by Bhashini
Roxy The Witch Vs. A Tedious Amount of Side Quests by LTECcreations
Arcane Extinction by IngridPalmerPitt
Blight on Magic by Aptionia
Magika by IntoTheTempest

✨ Contest of June:

Summer Spells: Our latest contest, Summer Spells, is all about the celebrating Summer Solstice or Litha. If you are someone who wants to explore more witchy themes, this might be a great choice for you to join in and weave some wicked stories. The contest will end on July 31st.

✨ Ongoing current activity:

Question of The Week
Check this out in our Message Board right here.

Our weekly questions are still live! Join us for our question of the week and drop your comments in the qotw book!

WattpadDarkFantasy

Contest
The Shadow Trials are here! We recently launched a monthly contest initiative full of dark prompts and even darker entries. For more information, visit the contest book, right here.

Reading List Feature Opportunities
Our reading lists are always open for new submissions. If you have a dark fantasy story that you must absolutely share with the world, don't hesitate to submit to us. To learn more about our reading lists and how to submit, visit our Profile Guide Book.

mythandlegend

Contests

Stay tuned! We have two fun Myth & Legend specific contests going live on July 1 and August 1 respectively.

Interviews
In July, we look forward to featuring Precious_Nkem and SuVida777.

retold

We will have some small Retold-specific contests coming your way in July and August, so stay tuned!

talesofthedeep

Coming up: July is all about sharks, but in August we're hanging out with pirates in ❝Dead Men Tell No Tales❞. Make sure to add our contest book to your libraries to be informed as soon as the announcement drops!

WattpadAsianFantasy

Planning for Shiver Me Timbers 2023 is underway! Join us with @talesofthedeep and many other profiles in September and October for an interactive pirate exploration adventure. Available languages: Arabic, Hindi, and English.

Before Shiver Me Timbers 2023 begins, we will be taking a break from contests in July, but will be back with a fun short writing event!

WattpadDarkFantasy

The Shadow Trials are going to come back in July with a new set of prompts. Stay tuned!

WattpadWitches

✨ Upcoming Updates:
July - August Playlist will be added soon here.

Our next update in the playlist book will be live in July. If you have any song suggestions, you can check out our playlist book and submit your suggestions through the form that is available in the first chapter of our playlist book.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

372K 13.2K 42
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !
129K 5.4K 10
taehyung was a little surprised when jungkook asked to call him 'baby boy'. taehyung and jungkook are classic childhood friends and their love really...
34.9K 538 7
[PREVIEW ONLY] Jasper Van Terra stalks the streets of the city-planet Kronos, masquerading as a notorious (and obnoxious) teenage supervillain. Under...
5.6M 2.5K 62
Relic and Ruin is now published as a Hardcover and E-book by Wattpad Books! As a Wattpad reader, you can access the Wattpad Books Published Edition h...