Eternal Monarch Academy

By Maxxycrejy

In the depths of despair, Rassii, an outcast and enslaved member of an underground organization, suffered rel... More

Prologue - A Night Tale
Chapter 1- King of Zodiacs
Chapter 2 - The Gathering of the Kings
Chapter 3 - The Slave
Chapter 4 - Born after Death
Chapter 5 - The Nobles of Midnight Walkers
Chapter 6 - A proper Meal
Chapter 7 - Attending School
Chapter 8 - Imperial Nightfall Allied School
Chapter 9 - Mr. Greenleaf from Elfinwoods
Chapter 10 - The Waking Grand Auditorium
Chapter 12- Bad Omen
Chapet 13 - Grimoire Keep
Chapter 14 - The Two Converging Rifts
Chapter 15 - Reincarnation of a Gullon
Chapter 16 - Emergence
Chapter 17- Absolute Veil
Chapter 18 - The World Of Rhyesliëa

Chapter 11 - Cadaverous Ring

102 10 0
By Maxxycrejy

The building was overwhelmed with vibrant energy and the sound of liveliness as students from various schools took their seats. Anticipation hung in the air, fueled by the rare occasion of the Sacraflamus rite, which occurred once every century to awaken the chosen Bearers.

It was a momentous event that also determined their rankings, making it even more thrilling for the students to witness the unveiling of the new bearers' strength and abilities.

However, amidst the sea of enthusiasm, Rassii stood apart. Her world seemed to shrink, and her senses tuned into the thunderous beats of her own heart reverberating in her chest. Her hands felt like ice, and each step she took felt burdened, as though the weight of the entire world was pulling her down.

"Are you okay?" Lisbeth asked. Her expression somehow shows genuine concern.

"Yea-yeah, I'm okay." Rassii replied with a shuddering voice.

Ernouf placed his hands on her shoulders and smiled, but clearly, Rassii flinched at his sudden action. Before she could say anything, Ernouf pushed her shoulders backward to help her straighten and correct her posture.

He was so close that she could smell and feel his warm, fresh breath on her cheek. These made her feel the prickly heat spreading across her face.

"Just breathe... Everything will be fine, human..." Ernouf whispered to Rassii before he let go.

"Let's go. We have no time for this." Quint snapped, seeing the incoming bearers from each school slowly lined up in the middle of the grand auditorium.

Looking around carefully, Rassii watched each tier filled with students. But one thing caught her attention. The last corner harbored lots of rows of empty seats. From that lonely tier, she noticed Alexandria sitting alone.

So those must be the seats of Imperial Nightfall...

The four of them were wearing a stunning, regal black uniform, so Alexandria easily spotted them out of the rest. She showed support by waving her hand. Four of them smiled at her in response.

"Look, they are from Euphonia Augusta Allied School, ruled by King Russ Rhyve Amreu, the only school permitted to sing the hymn of Gladiolus." Lisbeth whispered to Rassii as students wearing Dreamy Yellow uniform lined up neatly next to them. "They were Avids."

"Avids? You mean wing people? But I don't see any wings behind their backs."

"Well, they don't just let anyone see their wings."

"But what about those students?"

Lisbeth swept her glance across everyone. "You mean the students wearing a fabulous purple mage?"

"Yes."

"They are from Aeclelon Cirque Allied School, ruled by King Errich Myrideth Tryffin. They are mages."

The auditorium suddenly fell silent, and the atmosphere changed as the students from the Celestial Monarch Allied School arrived and their steps echoed throughout the silent building.

They exhibit the traits of intelligent and sophisticated individuals in their baroque, full-white uniforms. Their presence was overwhelming, even in front of the thousand royalties from different schools.

After the upcoming bearers were all lined up neatly, Rassii realised they were the shortest line between the schools, which have twenty to thirty new Bearers.

"Look! The Royal Knights!"

"Then the Warlords were coming, and the Eternal Kings!"

"I can't wait to see the Kings!"

Rassii could overhear what other students were murmuring when a sudden roar of applause erupted in the auditorium as the eight Warlords arrived.

They sat at the high table below the eight thrones, while the Royal Knights were at their respective seats below the high table.

And it was followed by another thundering round of applause and greater admiration as the Eternal Kings of each school appeared on their thrones.

Everyone who sat quickly stood. They put their right hand on their chest and made a bow.

Rassii, who had never seen other Eternal Kings, was enthralled by their conspicuous character. Just like King Hourii, they exuded powerful energy. Their beautiful, gem-like eyes flared as their gaze skimmed the crowd of upcoming bearers.

Rim Xyxia Euryn, the revered King of Eternal Realms, assumed a dignified stance, commanding the attention of all present, who fell into hushed silence.

"From the gathered upcoming Bearers, chosen from the Eight realms, preserved through time. Their lineage traces back to the blood of the revered Holy Beast, carved by the Royal Keeper, and with the formidable power bestowed by the Eight Eternal Kings, I commence the Rite."

Once again, the crowd of students roared and clamoured with excitement. And the Rite began as the Royal Keeper stepped forward with a golden roll of parchment.

He calls the name of the Bearer.

"Theorind Everdale Trynad..."

The bearer from Smaragd Forestcrown Allied School walks forward to the middle, near the golden eight-petaled cauldrons. The keeper draws a golden knife. The bearer cut his finger long enough to draw drops of blood into the cauldron.

The cauldron blazed with sacred green fire. The fire goes to the bearer's hand, and three green rings materialise. The sacred fire will ignite and form into a ring according to how strong the bearer is.

"Novice!" Declared by the Royal Keeper. Everyone clapped.

The Rite continued as the bearers were called. The cauldron is ablaze in different colours corresponding to school. Students' excitement bubbled up as the Celestial Monarch Allied School was called. Zodiacs gracefully marched into the center.

"Personage!" The golden cauldron ablaze with huge golden fire.

"Personage!"

"Personage!"

The stadium erupted in thunderous applause. All bearers from Celestial Monarch Allied School were ranked into Personage. However, the excitement died when the Imperial Nightfall Allied School was announced.

"Ernouf Fuèr dé Jassen."

Ernouf stepped forward. He cut his finger. A few drops of his blood fell into the cauldron. A sudden blaze of Black fire. Seven rings materialised on Ernouf's finger.

"Personage!" Declared by the Royal Keeper. Just a few people render applause to Ernouf.

Meril, who was looking from the distance, looked unhappy. The rites continued as Quint was ranked as Novice while Lisbeth was ranked as Aidder. The students seemingly lost interest and turned into a gossiping crowd.

"I'm next..." Rassii whispered to herself, agitated. Sweat beaded on her forehead.

"Rassii Vé Drusvenaire." Called by the Royal Keeper.

Rassii moved forward and took the knife. Her heart was beating so fast. She cut her finger and grimaced at the pain. Her blood started to swell and drop into the cauldron.

A sudden burst of massive sacred white fire engulfed the auditorium. All the kings jolted to their feet, taken aback by the unexpected spectacle, except for the Dark King. His eyes were blazing with excitement, and a sinister smile played on his lips.

The fire swirled violently and was sucked back into the cauldron. A cauldron broke in half, and a single colourless ring materialised on her middle finger.

Silence engulfed the whole building.
Everyone went stupefied. In shock. They gaped at Rassii with their wide eyes.

"What? What just happened?"

"T-that's a...."

"A Cadaverous Ring..." The Royal Keeper said with astonishment.

As Rassii lifted her gaze, she immediately froze upon meeting the eyes of King Rim Xyxia. Their gaze locked in a powerful connection, and she felt a rush of emotions within her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140 10 10
Enter the extraordinary world of Starlight Academy, where parallel realms of supernatural beings collide. Seraphina Marshall, the enigmatic queen of...
39.4K 1.4K 29
Growing up as a typical college student at Mystica Elementa High, Quinn Emerald Naveen's life was turned upside down by an unbelievable incident. Her...
105 3 6
Welcome to the 100th selection! You are here today because you hope, in your soul, that you will find a place in our academy but before your hopes ge...
507 99 17
To victory, we march, breaking oppression's chain, Till the dawn of shadows heralds our reign. **** Akeshia used to be a place where mages, hunters...