Embracing Chaos [Sweet Pea]

By h3llfir3_eggos

"Why are you so surprised that I can fight?" I asked Sweet pea, I blocked his punch and kicked him in the sto... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
THANK YOU!!!

Chapter 12

9 0 0
By h3llfir3_eggos

AJ and I are currently rushing into Riverdale General Hospital. AJ had gotten a frantic phone call from Archie earlier this morning saying that Mr. Andrews has been shot. Archie and Mr. Andrews were at Pops having some breakfast until some random thief with a gun came into the diner. The second that the train had stopped, we got our things and headed straight here. 

I held Odessas carrier in my hand while we arrived at the floor where Archie is at. My heart broke seeing a worried Archie whos covered in blood. AJ ran over to her brother and hugged him. I saw my mom, sister, some of her friends, and a few adults. Veronicas face lit up in excitement when saw me. She ran over to me with Betty and Kevin behind her. 

Brooke! Veronica tackled me into a hug almost knocking us over. I hugged her back with my free arm. Youre finally home! You must tell me everything that happened in New York! Veronica exclaimed. I pulled away from the hug and I looked at my sister. I will I promise, a lot went down, but right now lets focus on Mr. Andrews, I told her, and she nods her head at me. I glanced at Archie who was staring over at us. 

Betty came over to hug me and I hug her back. You worried us when Veronica said you left town during the dance, Betty whispered in my ear. I know as I said, Ill explain everything later, I whispered back into her ear. Betty pulled away from the hug, and Kevin was next to hug me. Hi Bunny, I missed you, Kevin says to me, and I smiled at the nickname. I missed you too Kev, I say, pulling away and he crouches down to look at my daughter. Aww! Is that? Kevin asks looking at me and I nod my head.

Thats my Odessa, I said, I put the carrier on a chair near me and I took Odessa out of it to carry her. Shes wide awake now, she looks so cute with her bed hair. Odessa is looking around and taking a good look at Veronica, Betty, and Kevin. She reaches her little arms out once she saw Veronica.

 Someone wants her auntie, I said to Veronica, she smiles widely and walks over to take Odessa from me, and she did. Hi baby girl, Veronica baby-talked Odessa, Odessa smiles back at Veronica. Odessa continued to look at Betty and Kevin. Dont mind her staring, shes studying you since she doesnt know you guys. 

Thats fine, shes so adorable! How old is she? Kevin asks, letting Odessa grab his index finger. Shes a year old now, shes turning two in June, I answered Kevin, I couldnt hold back a smile seeing how happy Odessa is. Shes adorable, Brooke, Betty commented, and I nodded my head in agreement. Yeah, she is, I agreed, I glanced at Archie and AJ, they were speaking to each other. 

Hows Mr. Andrews doing? I asked, looking back at Veronica, Betty, and Kevin. We havent heard anything yet. We're waiting on the doctors right now to tell us, hes in surgery, Betty answered me, and I nodded my head. AJ was speaking to her brother, so I decided to walk over to them letting Veronica introduce Odessa to everyone else. She appeared to be liking the center of attention. 

Just then the doctor came in. He walked over to Archie and AJ. Archie Andrews? Im Steven Masters, Im your fathers doctor, The doctor said to him, and everyone perked up at the mention of Mr. Andrews. How is he? Archie and AJ asked Dr. Masters, and Dr. Masters looks at them. Well, we got the bullet out. And weve stopped the internal bleeding, but whats most worrisome is that hes not breathing on his own yet, Dr. Masters answered both of them. 

We need to see him, Archie and AJ said, wanting to see their father. And you will. As soon as weve got him set in a room, youll be able to see him. Should be an hour or two at the most, Dr. Masters reassures the Andrews siblings. And what are we supposed to do? Nothing? Archie asks, I started to walk away from my sister, Kevin, and Betty. I go over to them. Maybemaybe you should go home and get changed, Veronica says, walking over as well whilst holding Odessa in her arms. 

Archie took notice of Odessa and smiles a bit before shaking his head no. 

No, Im not leaving,

I turned to AJ. Yeah, I agree, AJ you need to go home and get some rest we just got here, you look exhausted, I try to reason with them as I glance at my sister. Screw that! Im not leaving either, AJ argues with me, and I gave her a look. No, Archie, AJ Veronica, and Brooke are right, Betty agreed with Veronica and I. 

Here are your dads clothes and personal belongings. Everything he had on him, A nurse said coming up to Archie and AJ, causing all of us to look at her. Okay, well yet another reason to go, you two can get your dad a change of clothes. Veronica and Brooke will go with you two. Right, guys? Betty says to Archie as she looks at my sister and I.

 Well hold the fort down here. Archie, AJ try not to worry. Your dad is strong stock. Hes a fighter. Fred Andrews isnt one to leave unfinished business behind. Mrs. Cooper insisted, Archie and AJ look at each other and they sighed. Fine, AJ gave in, she walked toward me, and she links arms with me, and she lays her head on my shoulder grabbing my hand. I gave her hand a gentle squeeze as a way of telling her that everything will be okay. 

Okay, well go home, Archie also gave in. Mija, you go with AJ and stay with her, I can take care of Odessa, Mom said, and I was hesitant when Veronica hands Odessa over to Mom. Shes going to be fine here, Mija. Go, Mom shoos me away, I nod my head at her, and I quickly walk over to my daughter giving her a quick kiss on her little head. 

Will you please change her and get her new clothe, mama, I think have some of her things at the apartment, I told Mom, she was already entertained with Odessa. Okay, Mija, Mom said to me, not even looking at me and I giggled at her before walking away with AJ with her brother and my sister following behind. 

~~~

We all arrived at the Andrews residence shortly after leaving the hospital. AJ and I were the first ones to come up to the front door, AJ took out her house keys and she opened the door then we walked in.

I let out a small yawn. You two need to get some sleep, youre clearly exhausted, Archie says to AJ and I, and I shake my head. Im fine, I reassured him, AJ had disappeared into the living room, and it seemed that she was looking for something-someone. My sister and I look at AJ confusedly. What are you doing? Veronica and I asked her, and she looks at me, panicking a little. Archie, wheres Saylor? 

Archies face dropped at the mention of Saylor. 

Uh oh. I have a feeling this isnt going to end well. 

Archibald, wheres Saylor? AJ repeated herself, Archie became nervous as he looks at his sister. Whos Saylor? Veronica asked, I looked at her shaking my head. He was with Dad and I at Pops, Archie replied to his sister, AJ walks forward toward him, she looked like she was going to kill him. I bit my bottom lip nervously. I was scared for Archie. Was? 

Was, 

AJ goes to lunge at her brother, but I grab her by the waist and dragged her out of the living room. AJ! No! Were not going to commit murder today! I tell her, dragging her up the staircase. Im going to kill him! Let go! AJ yelled; I held a good grip on her as we were halfway up the stairs now. No! I yell back, she nearly escapes but, I got her again. I dragged AJ into her room then quickly closed the door then locked it. 

Honey, I know youre freaking out, were going to find him, okay? Now, who would normally watch the little man besides your dad? I ask, trying to calm down AJ. AJ exhaled sharply and starts to think. Noelle, but thats only on the weekends and when I really need her.

Anyone else? One of those serpent friends of yours? Not the ones you introduced me to, I dont think they know about Saylor, do they? 

AJ continued to think who else would have Saylor. No, they dont know about Saylor, Im gonna start making phone calls, AJ says to me, letting out a deep sigh. AJ takes her phone out from her back pocket and starts dialing phone numbers. I grab her hand and guide her to the bed to sit her down. I sat there listening to her, I gently squeezed her hand letting her know that everything will be okay. I was worried for Saylor as well, I hoped wherever he is, he was safe. 

After making a couple of phone calls, AJ is stressed and still freaking out. Shes pacing back and forth in her room. No one has him! AJ exclaimed worriedly, and I stood up from her bed sighing. Who else havent you called? I raised an eyebrow at her, AJ seemed to have thought of someone but isnt sure. Call him or her, I told her, she shakes her head at me, I knew she didnt want to. I dont want to call him, AJ groaned, and I gave her a look. Babes, do us both a favor and call him, 

Fine, AJ huffed, and she called the person she thought of. Hello? A deep voice said on the other line, I instantly knew who that was. That dude I knocked out at the bar when I hung out with AJ and her southside friends. Tallboy. Do you have Saylor? AJ asked, getting straight to the point. Yes, I do, Tallboy replies, a little cry was heard, and AJ gave a sigh of relief Thank god, Okay Ill be down to get him in a couple of minutes.

I think Ill keep him for a little bit longer, hes actually nice unlike his mother. Ill bring him by later on.

I dont think so, Im coming over there right now, have him ready, AJ said sternly, hanging up the phone. Do you want to come with? Tallboy has him, I nodded my head, and we left the bedroom. We walked down the stairs; I stopped walking when I heard Archie telling Veronica to leave. Did he? Or am I deaf? 

I continued walking down the stairs and went to the kitchen. Hey, whats going on over here? I ask Veronica, she looked like she was in a mood. Everythings fine, Brooke, Veronica said to me, and I know theres something wrong with just the sound of her voice. Its nothing, Osita (little bear). Dont worry about it, Veronica reassures me, I look in between her and Archie. Okay, well, we will be right back. We know where Saylor is. We wont be long, I told her, and she nods her head at me. Okay, be safe, 

Always, 

We then left the Andrews residence,  

We arrived at Tallboys trailer. Wait here, this wont take long, AJ says to me, she parked the Jeep. AJ gets out of the car then she goes up to Tallboys trailer. I watched her closely, making sure she was okay. The door opened revealing Tallboy holding the little man in his arms. I smiled seeing Saylor reaching out his little arms to his mother. Tallboy hands Saylor over to her and his things. 

Tallboy closes his door and AJ comes back over with Saylor in her arms. She goes to the backseat, and she puts Saylor in the backseat. Saylor babbled as AJ strapped into the car seat then she placed a soft kiss on his forehead. She closed the backseat door, and she gets back into the drivers seat. Hes fine, thankfully, AJ said, making a U-turn and making her way out of the Sunnyside trailer park. Yeah, thankfully, I mumbled, leaning back in my seat. 

Are you okay? 

I nod my head. Yeah, I lied, AJ kept her eyes on the road. Brooklyn, AJ says my name, I look out the window watching the scenery passing by. Yes? I ask, taking out my phone from my purse to check messages. Are you okay? 

Yes, Im fine, 

Promise? 

Promise, 

~~~

We are back at her house, sitting on her bed with Saylor laying in between us talking about random things. She had just changed his diapers and his clothes and now hes currently napping. So, have you and Sweet pea discussed any dates yet? AJ questioned me, and comes to think about it, not really. No, we havent gotten around to it I guess because of the whole Dakota thing, I replied to her, and AJ made an oh face. It makes sense, Brooke. If I were you, I wouldve also been more focused on getting back my kid, 

Yeah, he did mention when I come back to town that he wants to go on a date so we might do that, I said, smiling a bit. Thats good, dont tell him I said this, but he talks about you all the time and its cute, AJ teased, and I smiled a little more. Aww, really? No, he doesnt, I said to her not believing AJ. Oh, yes, he does, you can ask Toni and Fangs if you dont believe me. I havent seen him this happy at all in a while, 

Thats cute, didnt you tell me that you two had a fling or whatever? I arched a brow at her. Yeah, it was a small fling though, its nothing to be worried about I promise. We dated for 3 months, it didnt last long, AJ replies, and I hummed in response. Have you decided when to talk to Reggie? I ask, changing the subject a little bit. Yes, no, maybe, I dont think Ill ever be ready to talk to him, AJ sighed, glancing at her sleeping baby boy. You need to, hes going to keep bugging me about you until you talk to him, AJ. 

I know, I promise I will eventually I just need toyou know AJ trailed off, I knew what she was talking about. She wants to talk to him; she just doesnt know how to yet. "Dont hate me for asking this, but do you like anyone else besides Sweet pea? Or find anyone else attractive?" AJ questioned. "Well, I did think your brother was cute when we first met, but hes dating my sister so its not like I can make a move or anything, I confessed, giggling at a little and earning a look from AJ. Why didnt you tell me?! I couldve set you two up instead of setting you up with Sweet pea! Archie thought you were so pretty, 

I smiled and laughed at that. Eh, its fine honestly, my sister and your brother are cute together, 

Yeah, but you and Archie wouldve been cuter though! 

I shook my head at her. Its okay, I also thought Moose was cute too, but when you told me he was a closeted gay, I got sad, I giggled, remembering the conversation we had at the homecoming dance. How about you? Do you like anybody?" I repeated AJs question. Um, yeah, kind of but not really," AJ responded, then I squealed excitedly. "Babes, you like someone and didn't tell me?! Ouch!" I playfully slapped her arm and she let out a small giggle. "I-I didn't say anything thats because I dont really like him and we've been busy with other things," 

"Well, who is it? Tell me!

She bit the bottom of her lip nervously getting a little nervous to say who. "I kind of like this girl, you dont know her." AJ said to me, and I smiled widely. "That's cute! Have you told her yet?" I ask her, wondering if she has said anything to him yet. "No, I haven't told her yet and I'm probably not going to," AJ replied to me, and I gave her a look. "But, but why?! You never know if she never likes you back, she might, I mean shes stupid if she doesn't, I commented, and she knows that Im right. "I know,

 I decided to check my phone and see if I have any messages since it was going off. I look at my lock screen seeing a couple of messages and other notifications. I saw a few messages from Sweet pea. I enter my passcode to see what the boy has to say. 

From: Sweets

To: Brookie

Brooke? Are you home yet?

To: Sweets 

From: Brookie

 Yeah! Im sorry I didnt get back to you, things got so chaotic when we got home. 

To: Brookie

From: Sweets

Thats fine! Just glad to know that your home, how was New York? 

To: Sweets 

From: Brookie

A lot of shit went down in New York. Ill tell you about it later though. Im with AJ right now

From: Sweets

To: Brookie

Shit! Okay. Tell AJ I said hi!

To: Sweets

From: Brookie

I will!

To: Brookie

From: Sweets 

Thanks! Talk to you soon. 

I left Sweet pea on read and set my phone aside. Sweet pea?" AJ asks me, and I giggled. "Yeah, he was just asking if we were home and he says hi by the way," I replied to her. Aww, and tell him I said hi back, 

My phone beeped for the millionth time, and I groaned wondering who was blowing up my phone now. I furrowed my brows down to the middle of my forehead. I grabbed my phone that was next to me to check. "What is it babes? Its not Dakota again, is it? AJ asks me, and I nodded my head. Uh, its about Dakota, I corrected, reading over the message and my jaw dropped. 

What? 

Dakotas been arrested,

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 389 36
"What's your problem?" He asks darkly. "What's your problem?" I spit back. "Why do you keep following me?" He hisses. "I don't follow you!" I shout...
52.6K 1K 60
[BOOK 1] Andriette Lodge has a rebellious past. Her father wanted her to be the picture perfect daughter, just as her older sister Veronica, but she...
1M 52.1K 82
Before I could walk away completely, he grabbed my arm and pushed me against the wall. My wrists were caught in his grasp as he placed them above my...
3.3K 71 11
When Southside High closed down the dynamic duo went to Riverdale High. To say people didn't throw themselves at the two would be a complete and udde...