Embracing Chaos [Sweet Pea]

By h3llfir3_eggos

"Why are you so surprised that I can fight?" I asked Sweet pea, I blocked his punch and kicked him in the sto... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
THANK YOU!!!

Chapter 10

8 0 0
By h3llfir3_eggos

Im sitting on the bench thats outside of Odessas room. I havent left my daughters side since I arrived at the hospital. Its been a long 3 days, Dakota has gone radio silent again; he suddenly stopped blowing up my phone after his little threat. I have not slept a wink since that phone call. Im too anxious hell come to take my daughter the second I leave her side or when Im sleeping or when Im not by her side. The doctors have said that Odessa could go home at the end of the week as long as she continues to do better. 

Mom had left to go back to Riverdale because Dad is getting out of jail early. She wants to make sure everything is ready for him. Mom insisted on staying and making sure we were all okay, but I kept reassuring her that everything will be fine and that Ill call her if anything happens. AJ has been nothing but overprotective of me and Odessa along with Jasper and Mia. From the looks of it, it seems that she and AJ have been getting along fine.

Jasper has been taking care of Mia for the most part so I can focus on Odessa. Ive been checking in on her either way too though. Ive been keeping a close eye on the doctors and nurses that have been coming to do checkups on my daughter. I dont trust anyone that walks in through those doors. Ive also been keeping a close eye on the other employees of the hospital. I know for a fact that Dakota would send his bitch ass friends to keep an eye on me and Odessa. 

"Psst, Violet! A voice calling my name snapped me out of my thoughts, I look around trying to find who was trying to get my attention. I make eye contact withoh my godthats Josiah, Wren, Xander, Grant, Avery, and Sasha. Those are Dakotas friends. All 6 boys waved me over to them. I hesitated at first but, I get up from the bench and I walk up to them. They were around the corner from Odessas room.

"What the hell are you guys doing here? I snapped at them, Josiah was standing in the middle, Wren and Xander were standing next to him on his left, and Sasha, Avery, and Grant were standing next to him on the right. Weve come to make sure that youre still alive, Josiah says, there was a hint of worry in his voice. I gave him a confused look. What do you mean? I ask, not understanding what he meant by that. 

Josiah exchanged worried looks with Sasha and Avery. What Dakota has planned for you is over the top. We are scared for you and your daughter, Sasha told me, he also held a worried tone in his voice. How do I know this isnt a trap and that youre telling me the truth? Because I have no time for games, I said to all 6 of them, putting my hands on my hips. 

"Violet, I swear on my mother that we are not lying to you, we want you to help you get out of this hospital and out of New York safely with Odessa. We want to get you two away from that psychopath, Grant said in his thick British accent. Poor Grant lost his mother a couple of months ago and he is still grieving his mom. 

I exhaled sharply before nodding my head. Whats the plan, boys? I nod my head toward Odessas room so we can talk. When we all walked over there. Jasper and AJ were outside Odessas room talking. Jasper was sipping on what looked like a coffee cup and she held another one in her hand along with AJ who also has a coffee cup in her hands. Jasper is the first one to notice me walking up to them, 

AJ followed her gaze, and she gave the boys a mean mugging face and so did Jasper. 

Jasper set down the drinks on the floor and she brushed past AJ and came up to the boys with AJ following behind. 

"What the fuck are you guys doing here? Dakota couldnt have been a man to come alone so he had to send his bitch ass friends instead? Jasper snapped at them; I bit my bottom lip trying not to laugh at that. That was overprotective Jasper talking; she instantly became protective of me. She brushed past me going becoming face to face with Josiah. A few of the boys backed up a bit and so did he; they have always been scared of Jasper. They are lucky its Jasper and not Mia herself. 

My eyes widened and I quickly grabbed her by the waist pulling her back. Whoa, whoa, sweetheart, their helping I promise, I assured Jasper whos trying to escape my grip. Whoa, theres no need to be all feisty, love. I promise and swear that we are not here to hurt Miss. Brooke or her baby, Grant told her holding his hands up in surrender. 

Jasper stopped trying to escape my grip, however, she glared at them. I kept my arms around her knowing that she will kick their asses if I let her go. Were here to help bring down Dakota. Were done with him and were risking a lot by being here, Sasha commented, looking in between Jasper and me. This could be a trap for all we know! Jasper glared at them. Whether you trust us or not, we are your only hope in bringing him down and putting him behind bars, Xander added to Sashas comment. 

Jasper tapped my arms telling me to let her go. Are you going to behave if I let you go? I asked Jasper, Jasper nodded her head but the look on her face said otherwise. Jasper. I said sternly and she shuddered a little at the tone of my voice. Hmph! Fine, fine Ill behave! Jasper huffed, and I let her go. 

AJ came to my side and wrapped her arms around me in a protective manner. Fine, we chose to trust you, however, Im coming for all of you if things go south, got it? AJ warned them, causing them to nod their heads. Im sorry and you are? Avery asked, he had his arms crossed over his chest. I'm someone you will be scared of if you hurt Violet and her daughter, AJ says, trying to hide a smirk. 

"Sweethearts, lets play nice now, I said talking to AJ, and Jasper. Both girls gave me a look. Lets discuss the plan in my daughters room please, I said, taking AJs hand in mine and guiding them to the room. The 9 of us all gathered around in a circle around the room. Whats the plan, boys? I asked them again, looking at all of them, AJ and Jasper were sitting next to me. Jasper was on my left and AJ was on my right holding my hand still. She intertwined our fingers together. 

Odessa is sleeping soundly in her bed. Shes been getting plenty of rest for the past 3 days. So, Dakota is planning on taking back Odessa before she gets discharged. Meaning the second he sees the little princess by herself thats when hes taking action, Josiah began, and we all listened to him speak. That means we cant leave her side. Josiah continued and I gently squeezed AJs hand. We will take turns in taking shifts. The little princess and the Queen must be protected at all costs, Grant says, and I smiled at that.

"I can take of myself, boys. The one that needs to be protected is my daughter, I reminded them, and they all shook their heads in disagreement.

"While that may be true, sweetheart, however, youre also Dakotas target. He will try to take you out first the minute you are alone. So, you are going to be protected as well, Grant says to me, and I let out a deep sigh. Fine, dont get used to it though, 

Grant smirked. Think of us as your bodyguards for the next couple of days or so, we arent gonna leave your side nor hers until you leave the hospital and New York, Xander winked at me, and I felt the blood rushing toward my cheeks. 

Did Xander King just make me blush? 

"Aww! You made her blush! Jasper giggled and I playfully rolled my eyes at her. Xander has always had a little crush on me and so has Grant too ever since I met them through Dakota. Any questions? Josiah asks looking in between Jasper, AJ, and I. Yeah, if youre going to protect my daughter and me, are you going to protect Mia too? One or two needs to be protecting Mia. Dont forget Dakota will take out anyone thats friends with me, I asked and spoke. 

"We will protect Mia too. Sasha and Avery are going to be protecting her while Grant, Xander, and myself will be here, Josiah replies, I nod my head in approval. I was about to say Ill be the one protecting Mia. But more help I guess would be better and you also have a plus one besides the boys anyway too, Brooke. Jasper said to me. Okay, I was just making sure because Mia is on the road to recovery right now and I dont want her to get hurt either, 

"She wont. We wont let anyone get hurt, Avery reassured me, and I smiled at him. I let out a big yawn. You need to get some sleep babes, you havent gotten a single amount of rest, AJ said, I sighed knowing thats true. The tiredness was finally kicking in. How about you go get some food and then go to a hotel or something tonight and get some sleep, you look exhausted, Josiah said, everyone looked at me as I let out another yawn. 

Okay, fine, I gave in, thats how when to know that Im tired. I dont argue. 

Yeah, shes tired, otherwise shed argue and say shes staying here, Jasper laughed, I got up with a help of AJ. 

I let go of her hand and walked over to my daughter. I planted a soft kiss on her forehead. Ill be back tomorrow baby girl, 

"Ill come back either later or tomorrow, I said to everyone as I began to leave the room with AJ following behind. Youre coming back tomorrow momma bear! You need sleep and a lot of it! Josiah called after me, I put my hand on the handlebar ready to open the door before looking back at Josiah. Take care of my daughter, 

We will! 

I look at my daughter one more time as I opened the door and then walked out. AJ linked arms with me. Were getting you food first then we go to a hotel and sleep, 

I nodded my head in response and leaned my head on her shoulder. We walked to the elevator doors, down to the first floor, and we left the hospital.

~~~

AJ and I are currently in our hotel room. Mom had booked us a room before she left and left our stuff there waiting for us. I was lying on my stomach on the bed scrolling through my phone while AJ was ordering room service for us. I was texting back a few people. 

I was texting Reggie, Sweet pea, Toni, and Fangs at the moment. I was mostly texting back Sweet pea. Hes been oh so worried for me and Odessa. He knows Ill be fine because I have AJ and my girls to protect me and now Dakotas friends too. Texting back the green giant? AJs voice came into my room just as soon as I pressed send. I look up from my phone and up at her. 

I smiled and giggled. Yes, hes worried, 

AJ laid down on the bed with me. Hes been worried about you since the night he met you, Bee, 

I know, 

Someone knocked on our door. "Room service!" 

"Yay! Food!" I cheered, quickly getting up from the bed and running over to the door. I heard AJ laugh a bit. I opened the door, and it was a lady in the hotels work uniform; she had a badged on the right side of her shirt. Her name was Harley. The room service lady named Harley walked in with a cart full of food. Thank you, madame! I told the lady. Youre welcome, sweetheart. Enjoy the food and your stay, 

We will, 

The lady left our room, and she closed the door behind her. AJ and I grabbed the plates, and we sat back down. I began to eat the food the second I grabbed a fork. A moment later, there was another knock on the door. Ill get that, AJ says, she got up from the bed and went to answer the door. I continued to eat my food, I hear the door open and close again. AJ came back with a yellow envelope in her hands, and she had a confused look on her face. Whats that babe? 

I dont know. Lets open it when were done eating, AJ says, I heard my phone ding and I flinched. Are you okay? I nodded my head at her as I swallowed my food. You flinch every time your phone goes off, AJ tells me, I ate a little more off of my plate and swallowed. Dakota is one of the only people that Im scared of, I admit, I set my plate aside starting to get full. Youre so brave in coming down here, Bee, 

I dont know about brave, I let out a sad chuckle. More like stupid, 

AJ shook her head in disagreement. No, youre not stupid at all. Youre fighting for your daughter and thats a brave thing to do. Not a lot of teenagers our age do that. They gave up. You didnt, 

I smiled at her. I guess so,

I grabbed my plate from the bed and got up to put it back on the cart. As I walked over there, my vision began to blur, and I dropped the plate. Brooke! AJ called my name, I heard her call my name, and I tried to catch something to even my balance. AJ quickly caught me and set me back on the bed. Brooke? Are you feeling, okay? AJ asked, I nod my head. Im f-fine. I got dizzy out of nowhere, I reply, I closed my eyes for a moment and put my head in my hands. I think I got up too fast, 

"You also havent been eating a lot, haven't you?

"Not really,

"Brooklyn, thats dangerous, AJ says, making me look at her. You need to start eating more, okay? 

"Yes maam,

My heart was thumping in my chest. I placed a hand over it and inhaled. I exhaled and inhaled again trying to steady it. I was glad AJ was here or else I probably wouldve fainted. Sit further back, AJ pushes me back further into the bed. I leaned my head against the headboard of the bed. I felt awful, I made a mental note to myself to make a doctor's appointment. This isnt exactly normal. Im fainting or nearly fainting more than I usually do. I havent gotten any sleep in technically 4 days, I have an eating disorder, and I struggle to eat so its difficult to know what could be wrong. 

AJ climbed into the bed with me, and she grabbed the envelope. Do you want to go through this with me?

"Sure,

AJ nervously opened the envelope. Its addressed to me, AJ said, she dumps out whatever was in it. It was a bunch of files, medical records, pictures of AJ, and some couple. What the hell? I ask, grabbing one of the photos. Is this you? I showed her the picture. Yeah, thats me, AJ replied to me. T-thats weird, that cant be me, AJ said in disbelief, she was going through one of the files. I kept looking through the pictures and medical records. I noticed that on one of the medical records AJ went by a different name. Babes, you might want to take a look at this, I said, AJ leaned over, and I showed her the medical record. I pointed to the name on it. Briar Rose Cohen is your real name,

"If thats my real name, then that means-" AJ began to say but she cut herself off and we both gasped in shock knowing what that meant. Im adopted?! AJ exclaims, and she starts to freak out. She looks through the envelope trying to look for the adoption papers. When she finds them, she looks through them. I flinched when one of our phones went off. We had them sitting on top of each other on the nightstand. Its my phone, AJ told me, and I let out a sigh of relief. AJ leans over to get her phone and she does. She goes through it to see who messaged her. AJs face turned white as a sheet. What is it?

Its from an unknown number,

What does it say?

To: AJ

From: Unknown 

The truth hurts, doesnt it? 

"It says, quote on quote, the truth hurts, doesnt it? AJ read the text out loud. I raised my eyebrows at that. "Thats not creepy at all, I said, kind of shocked that AJ received a text right after looking through the envelope.

"Lets get to bed, I cant handle this right now. Im tired. AJ said, gathering all of the stuff that was in the envelope and I rubbed her back. I helped her put everything back in it. She puts the envelope on the nightstand; I got up from the bed and went to the bag I had brought. 

I dug through it looking for my pajamas. Babe! Did you bring any clothes with you? I called out to AJ; she was on the other side of the room. "Uh, yes but not enough, AJ replies, I grabbed her another pair of my pajamas. I walked over to her and handed them to her. Here you go, I brought clothes so you can borrow my shit while were here, okay? I tell her, AJ grabs the pajamas from me. Okay,

When AJ and I are in our pajamas, we climbed into bed. We got a single bed, so we share this one. We dont mind sharing so it doesnt bother us to sleep in the same bed together. I want cuddles, AJ said sweetly, looking at me and I giggled at her. I opened my arms and let the girl curl up next to me. AJ wrapped her arms around me and lays her head on my chest then she closed her eyes and fell asleep. I ran my fingers through her hair as I looked out the window. The bright lights of New York made me smile. You could hear a lot of commotion and racket outside of the hotel. 

It makes sense though, New York is in fact the city that never sleeps.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117 0 6
I shuffled closer to Cam and whispered in his ear "This sucks. Remind me why we're here again." He chuckled and put his arm around my shoulders, "Be...
224K 4K 19
Meet Isabel. She gets along with most people, not super popular but she's not a wallflower either. Isabel doesn't need anyone else in her life not to...
101K 1.9K 38
« Book One of the Sunshine Series » Clemintine Bartholdy had lived across from Archie Andrews and Betty Cooper her entire life. Her father was one of...
53.3K 1.6K 56
"Juggie, I'm your fucking girlfriend! Betty's my fucking sister! How could you do something like this?" I asked him throwing every ounce of betrayal...