๐†๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐€๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐“๐จ ๐Œ๐š๐Ÿ๐ข...

By Ibirockerchick

Mercedes never thought much of the popular saying 'The sins of the father becomes that of the child", that is... More

Authors Note
~0~ Cast || Prologue
~1~ An Unlikely Encounter
~2~ An Enemy Of My Father Is My Enemy....Apparently
~3~ Sheep in the midst of Wolves
~4~ It's your Choice
~5~ Of all the humiliations, I hate this the most
~6~ I don't think I like Gia
~7~ Do I look presentable yet?
~8~ I'm not for sale!
~9~ Pizza sounds great
~10~ Run all the way to freedom
~11~ LA cops and panic attacks
~12~ Paint me Heaven
~13~ when reality dawns
~14~ Planned like a pro
~15~ The art of submission
~16~ La Famiglia
~17~ Sin's the sweetest fruit
~18~ Flowers in the rain
~19~ In need of redemption
~20~ A brunette named Arabella
~21~ The fault in Trust
~23~ Our final goodbye
~24~ Nothing's New
~25~ Skin game
~26~ Queen of Petty

~22~ The devil's comfort

405 11 1
By Ibirockerchick

I was a pretty light sleeper, so light that even the faintest sound could wake me up.

Well...not actually but I was a light sleeper. That's why, even in my sleep I could sense something was wrong.

My room was hot, hotter than usual and I could feel sweat beads rolling down my forehead.

I didn't want to open by eyes but eventually I did and I'm glad I didn't open them a minute later.

My face turned pale as I stared at the burning room in horror. Everything was on fire; the curtains, my bed, the ceiling, everything!

"Help!" I screamed at the top of my lungs before jumping off the bed. I hurriedly made my way to the window but it was jammed.

I clutched my chest area as I coughed violently and ran to the locked door.

"Please open up!" I banged on the door, my lungs tightening and my breath shortening. "Please help!"

I could feel my flesh heating up and up until today, I never knew the smell of roasting flesh.

Fire was truly a horrible sight, a destroyer. Consuming everything in it's way.

Amidst my violent coughs, I found my voice and yelled once more before my knees gave out. Unlike the descriptions of death, I didn't see my whole life flash Infront of my eyes, my whole life didn't replay so I could watch. I just felt empty and unsatisfied. I didn't see a bright light calling me, I just felt the severe heat surround me.

My senses had weakened but I still felt myself being lifted off the floor and I couldn't feel the scorching heat of the fire but my chest still hurt.

With my blurry vision, I managed to make out a group of men in black trying to put out the fire, trying to douse my burning room.

I heard faint voices I couldn't make out as my coughs got more violent but in the midst of the confusion, I heard his. The only voice I recognized and knew who it belonged to.

"What happened? Why did you start a fire in your room?" the concerned voice scolded me.

"I didn't.." I trailed off still in his arms as I could no longer feel the pain I felt in my chest.

Infact, I couldn't feel anything. My brain had blocked everything and everyone out.

***

My hand slowly gripped the white sheets as my chest throbbed with pain. Managing to seat up, I took in the unfamiliar white surrounding.

I sighed as my lower body felt numb.

How long had I been here?

My mouth was dry, too dry for me to utter any words. I needed water, even if it was just a little drop.

My stare shifted to the drip attached to my hand.

I took in the room and realized it was a hospital room.

Why was I here?

Managing to move my numb legs, I set them on the cold floor.

The feeling felt so strange and my wobbly legs couldn't accommodate my weight so I fell to the floor.

I ripped of the drip from my hand, and tried to wipe the blood with the sheets.

I grunted, pulling myself on the floor till I reached a window. Using it to support myself, I stood and peeped outside.

The whole parking lot was empty aside from a few ambulances and three black cars.

My throat ached, begging me for liquid and I took small shaky steps out of the room.

Stepping into the hallway, I met the exact same emptiness that was in my room.

Where is everybody?

I remember thinking to myself as I took faster steps, opening every hospital room but they were all vacant.

Was I alone in this hospital?

I heard distant voices coming from a room and decided to follow them.

I peeped into the room, there was a bald chubby man who held a white coat in his hand and a stethoscope over his neck so I just presumed he was the doctor.

He was talking to Ermanno who leaned against the wall with folded arms, his button up shirt clung to his muscles.

“Due to the inhalation of the smoke, it caused respiratory irritation.. nothing too serious though.” the old man's gruffy voice informed Ermanno who just nodded without saying a word.

“I heard you caught the traitor.. I never expected it to be Elio..” I doctor said to Ermanno but he still didn't respond. “But don, I think killing him was the wrong move, we could have made him confess-’’

“I know Elio, doctor. He takes whatever he knows to the grave.”

The doctor was silent for a few seconds. “Don,” Ermanno looked up at the old man. “I did a general check up on the patience and the amount of smoke she breath in caused cyanide poisoning. That is a condition that occurs due to an excessive amount if cyanide in the body. It can cause serious health complications like seizures, heart failure-”

“Heart failure? Is there a cure?”

Everything they said after that just sounded like gibberish. My brain failed me and I couldn't comprehend any more. I had read about cyanide poisoning, how fatal it was.

Pains returned to the chest as I walked passed the office and into an elevator. I knew they were calling me but I had to leave. I didn't know where exactly I was going but I just had to go.

The elevator stopped at the ground floor and I stepped out, my feet dragging on the floor as tears rolled down my cheek.

I was young but I still remember, my grandfather died from cyanide poisoning after his house caught fire. I didn't want to die.

There were so many things I hadn't done yet.

I hadn't graduated from my online courses.

I hadn't gotten my certificate.

I hadn't found love.

I hadn't had sex.

I hadn't had kids.

I hadn't travelled the world and worked in different hospitals.

I hadn't reconciled with Rachelle.

I felt a strong yet gentle grip on my wrists before being pulled back into his arms. I was taken by surprise as he wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

“How much of that did you hear?” I felt his chest vibrate as he spoke.

I was silent, still breathing his cologne before a lone tear rolled down my cheek.

“My grandfather died from cyanide poisoning.”

I could tell he was looking for a response. It wasn't easy to comfort the daughter of your enemy.

“There are treatments and antidotes for this sort of thing.” was his brief reply as he held me even closer.

“Who set my room on fire?” I watched him glance to where three if his men stood. Their guns fully loaded and ready to shoot on sight.

“Your father had enemies, more than you can imagine. I have my suspects, however I can't assume anything yet?”

Realizing I was still in his arms, I moved backwards before wiping my face with the back of my palm.

“Let's go. The doctor has some more tests to run.” he took my hand in his leading me back to the hospital.

While we walked, I stared down at my hand in his, the feeling was weird. The sight was weird but yet oddly comforting.

__________________________________
Alright guys! The twenty second chapter of GATM! If you liked it, please vote, share and comment.

It's actually my birthday today and I got some birthday motivation to post this lmao

I'm a law student and not a medical one so everything you saw her about 'cyanide poisoning' is not my general knowledge, I got it from google. So if there anything untrue.. blame google. However I believe that it is very accurate because I also checked other medical sites.

Till next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.6K 449 35
You know the feeling when the whole world turns against you? When no one listens to you nor acknowledge you? And then in the end your all alone, well...
39.1K 4.6K 63
Ranked #2 in Aquarius Award He is a mafia don she is a doctor. He is ruthless, and she? A innocent soul,who tries to save and safe everyone. Every...
2.5M 53.8K 34
Layla was born into the mafia life. Her father is the Don of the Italian mafia, all her life has been filled with crime and the illegal things done b...
3.7K 186 21
๐–๐ž ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐ฅ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ๐ฅ๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐ฅ. ๐๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ž๐ง๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ ๐ข๐ง ๏ฟฝ...