Love is a game (Love in the a...

By Feychild1225

This is a collection of Love in the air one shots that I have already published elsewhere and I am putting to... More

Secret agent man
The Window
Stitches of Love
The Canvas
The Easter Bunny's Tale
Amusement Park Date
Rain the fan boy
The Internship
It's only make believe
Rain The Cat Whisperer
Love in reverse
I licked it, it's mine
Old Friends, New loves
The Mischievous Princes
Choices of Love
Fairy Child
Sensual Arts
Sensual Arts part 2
Cooking Lessons
Woke up in Love (Emo Demon)
Last Friday Night
Phi is mine
He's Your Problem Now (phi is mine part 2)
Mating Ritual (Phi is Mine part 3)
Crystal Clear
Midnight Aurora
Candy Striped
There's a thin line between secret admirer and stalker
Rain is unlucky
Kumiho: A Tale of a Nine Tail
Better Than in the Middle
Always
Blind Date
Cat's in the Cradle (a hybrid story)
Cat Class and Cat Style (a hybrid story)
Holiday Angel
Bell in the night
No One But You (Cam Boy Phayu AU)
I'd Rather be famous Instead (Cam Boy Phayu AU)
Learning What I like about you (cam boy Phayu au)
Be Mine, Only and Forever (cam boy Phayu au)

Crying With the Wolves

1.1K 48 16
By Feychild1225

For centuries Thailand has been carved up into pack territories, there isn't an inch of the country that isn't claimed by one pack or another. In most areas the werewolves and humans live peacefully side by side. The wolves are even considered to be protectors of the humans in these packs. However, even today there still exist a few packs who consider humans to be beneath them, nothing more than playthings for the wolves. Rain had the misfortune to be born into one of these latter types of packs. For as long as Rain can remember he has been bullied by the other pack members because of his views on humans. He doesn't believe humans are less important than wolves and has never been very good at keeping his opinions to himself.

Only his parents understand him. His mother originated from a protective pack in Bangkok and his father has a gentle soul. They are low ranking pack members and can't protect Rain from the rest of the pack. They can only be there to dry his tears when the other pups are mean to him and secretly hope that their sunshine boy doesn't have his light dimmed before he can escape. They know from a young age that Rain will have to leave the pack someday, he doesn't belong here. They are only waiting until Rain is old enough to safely make the cross country journey on his own. Since lesser pack members aren't allowed to leave the compound or contact people from outside, the best they can hope for is to get Rain out, and even that takes several years of planning. When the new pack leader takes over they feel they have run out of time.

Although Rain is bullied, the old pack leader, Niram, mostly leaves Rain alone, ignoring his existence. He is an old wolf and although he has always ruled with an iron fist, he can no longer bring himself to worry about one pup with odd ways and a rebellious mouth. He lets his younger pack members deal with Rain. That all changes with the new pack leader. It doesn't help that Rain has grown up with the pack leader's son, Stop, and they have hated each other from a young age. Of course Leader Kiat takes his son's side in everything and also sees Rain as a disruption to the pack. Rumors have already begun to circulate that the pack leader will make an example of Rain, he will give in to his true nature or he will suffer the consequences.

Rain loves his family and his friends in the pack but he feels that he has no choice but to leave this place. He is certain now that his life depends on it. That is why his parents and him are here in this field in the middle of the night. The pack doesn't have the numbers to keep constant patrols in this area because of its size and the fact that it is close to the property line of a stronger enemy pack. The forest next to the field is contested property and any patrols sent to this area are in danger of being attacked. Their pack is too small to lose members to the enemy clan.

Rain's mother cries softly while her husband puts a comforting arm around her shoulder. Rain gives them both a quick hug. He isn't sure if he will be able to see his parents again. It has been hard enough for the three of them to plan Rain's escape.

"Be careful, and as soon as you get to Bangkok, call Pakin, he will help you for my sake," his mother reminds him again. "He will probably want to take you in as a pack member, if he does accept his offer. The Bangkok pack enjoys freedoms that we don't here and you will be well protected as a member of his pack."

Pakin is the leader of the Bangkok pack, the largest wolf pack in Thailand. He is also Rain's cousin. He and Rain's mother are first cousins and had grown up together. That was before she had married and moved here to her husband's pack.

Rain travels cross country, skirting the territory of the other packs as much as possible. He also remains in human form although he could travel faster as a wolf. He doesn't want to do anything to alert the other packs because he isn't sure which ones are friendly and which ones will see him as an enemy. It takes him three weeks to get to Bangkok and by the time he reaches the city he is completely exhausted and feeling very much the worse for wear. He stops at a convenience store on the outskirts of the city and talks the clerk into letting him use the phone. He calls the number his mother gave him. When he tells P'Pakin who he is, the man immediately tells him to wait there and he will send a car for him.

The car takes Rain to P'Pakin's private residence. The maid that greets him takes him to a room where he can shower and change clothes, there is a closet full of several different sizes of clothes as if P'Pakin often takes in wayward wolves. Rain suspects this is the case, his mother had told him that the Bangkok pack leader was a mix of kindness and sternness that made him the most respected pack leader in all of Thailand. The maid brings Rain a tray of food after he cleans up and tells him to rest, P'Pakin will see him in the morning.

As Rain's mother predicted, P'Pakin immediately accepts Rain as a member of his pack. He helps him with all his identity paperwork and even provides him with a generous bank account. He also helps to get Rain into a university as an architectural student and even finds him a roommate, a fellow student and a turned wolf named Sky.

Rain immediately hits it off with Sky, they seem to be polar opposites but they quickly become fast friends. Rain is moved with pity when he hears Sky's story. Sky had come to Bangkok at sixteen to attend highschool, he had met Gun in a bar one night after too many drinks and had thought the older man loved him. He didn't know at the time that Gun was a werewolf that enjoyed toying with humans. Forcefully turning humans was against the law in the Bangkok pack but Gun had used his connections to stay off the radar, doing whatever he wanted with the humans in his control.

It had been a battered and broken Sky that had found his way to P'Pakin after escaping his so-called boyfriend one night. Knowing he could be punished, Gun had disappeared and P'Pakin's men were still searching for him.

Sky tells this to Rain so he can be careful of any strange wolves. He has shown Rain a picture of Gun, but says there are others that follow Gun's lead. Sky knows there is a strong possibility that Gun will show up wanting revenge and this prediction proves true a few nights before they are to begin their freshman year at the university. Luckily Rain had been out buying supplies and saw several werewolves into the building that their dorm was in. Rain recognizes their leader from the picture that Sky has shown him and immediately calls P'Pakin who says he is sending his second in command, P'Chai and some men. He tells Rain to sit tight and not try anything but Rain is too worried for his friend to wait. He strips and changes into his wolf form before slipping as quietly as possible up to their dorm. Rain uses his key trying to slip in unannounced but is apprehended by several big wolves.

"What do we have here?" one says.

"This is my dorm," Rain growls, "Let Sky go." He struggles against the arms that are holding him.

"Not likely, little hero. Gun has unfinished business with your friend. We will gladly entertain you while we wait though." The wolf says. Rain increases his struggles and manages to bite one of his captors on the arm. The man retaliates by slapping Rain so hard across the face Rain sees stars.

There is a noise outside and several new wolves rush into the room subduing Rain's captors. Rain rushes to the bedroom where he sees Gun has Sky, still in human form, pinned down and is taunting him. Rain is relieved to see that his friend appears unhurt. He barrels himself at Gun and takes him by surprise. Rain is a little ball of fury snapping and biting at Gun, when the Bangkok pack pulls Rain off of Gun he other wolf is bleeding profusely in several spots. It's one particular wound that makes all the male wolves cringe, but Rain isn't the least bit contrite. The bad wolf had deserved it for the things he had done to Sky before he had escaped.

It's this wound and Rain's slightly manic grin that earns him a reputation among the Bangkok pack for being slightly unhinged.

A handsome wolf with almost honey golden fur moves to check on Sky. Rain knows this is P'Pai, a high ranking member of P'Pakin's pack. Ever since Rain has known them P'Pai has had nothing but heart eyes for Sky and although Sky likes to act cold, Rain feels as if the turned wolf returns P'Pai's affection.

In return for all the help P'Pakin and the Bangkok pack, Rain helps out part time at some of P'Pakin's businesses when he doesn't have school. Normally that just means doing paperwork at some of the offices but not tonight. Tonight his job is to test some of P'Pakin's new human guards at one of his underground races. Rain will never be in any danger, P'Chai will watch out for him. Also there is the fact that humans can't physically harm Rain even if they try. His instructions from P'Pakin are to wander around the race and see if the guards pick up on the fact that Rain doesn't belong there.

Rain gives his best wide eyed boy performance and to his delight he is quickly apprehended by the guards. P'Pakin will be pleased with this lot. Now for the second part of the test, he stamps on one's foot, as gently as possible, he wants the guy to release him not take his foot off. When Rain pulls away he runs trying to temper his speed. He wants the humans to be able to catch up with him.

Then something unexpected happens, he is looking back to judge how close the guards are to catching him, when he runs into a pair of strong arms. Has one of the guards been smart enough to circle around and catch Rain from behind? If so Rain is going to recommend that one for a raise, it is a brilliant move. Rain pretends to struggle for a minute while the other guards catch up.

It isn't until the guard says, "Thank you, Khun Phayu." that Rain realizes he knows this human. He should have recognized his scent immediately but Rain wasn't expecting to come across his university senior here at the races. What is he doing here? Does P'Phayu work for P'Pakin? Rain can smell motor oil and rubber on the man and remembers that P'Phayu's family owns a garage. P'Fah had even mentioned working on P'Pakin's bikes but Rain had failed to connect the dots. The respected university senior just seems so far removed from P'Pakin's world.

"P'Phayu." Rain says in genuine surprise looking back at the senior. As always when he sees the senior he can't help but think about how handsome he is.

P'Phayu says, "You're good at creating trouble, aren't you?"

Rain thinks back to the day that he had met P'Phayu. It had been a few weeks after he had started the semester. Ever since his first day of school Rain had been hearing tales of the "god of the architectural faculty." P'Phayu. The other students had gushed over the senior's reputation, especially Ple, a girl in his class whose brother had been P'Phayu's junior while he was still in school. According to her, P'Phayu was the most kind, the most handsome and the most talented senior to ever walk the face of the earth. That wasn't the exact words she had used but it was the impression Rain had gotten.

Rain had brushed these stories aside, surely if the guy was half of what the students said he would be conceited beyond belief. Rain thought of Stop and how the other pack members had graveled at his feet just because of his father's rank. That had been before Kiat had taken over as pack leader but he had still held a high position in the pack. This P'Phayu could very well just be the human version of Stop getting by on a reputation he really hadn't earned.

Then came the night of the code line meeting. P'Phayu hadn't even bothered to show up on time, which had not improved Rain's opinion of the man. In fact as the night wore on Rain had become convinced that he wasn't going to show up at all. He probably thought he was too good to give his juniors guidance.

Just then a loud crash of thunder made Rain jump. After his three weeks of travel from his pack to Bangkok, Rain had grown to loathe storms. He wasn't exactly scared of them, he just hated them.

At that moment the door to the bar opened and in walked the most handsome man Rain had ever seen in his life. Rain feels his mouth drop open in surprise. Was this P'Phayu, if so his reputation for being handsome hadn't done him justice. Still, Rain thought while trying to calm his racing heart, that didn't mean P'Phayu was a good senior or a nice person.

"So handsome," Rain whispered. P'Phayu had given him a smile as if he had heard this and had come over to their table. He greeted the seniors Rain was sitting with and the girl that is Rain's senior by one year at the faculty. Finally Rain stood up and had given him a polite wai.

"And who are you, nong?" the senior had asked kindly.

"Rain, it's nice to meet you, P'Phayu." Rain said, he had suddenly felt a little shy.

"Rain, if you need any help feel free to let me or the other seniors know. We are here to help." P'Phayu said.

He is nice, Rain thought. Maybe he had misjudged the senior. Before he left that night P'Phayu insisted on getting Rain's phone number and giving him his own. "In case you need anything." He had said. For a minute P'Phayu looked like he would say something else, but one of the other seniors called his attention before he could.

That had been a few days ago and Rain had been thinking a lot about the senior since then.

Now he ran into him in the most unexpected place. The race. Rain can't help but to wonder about the contradiction of the nice senior, and the mechanic that works for the werewolf equivalent of the Bangkok mafia. There is obviously more to P'Phayu than meets the eye.

Getting over the shock of what has happened, the guard that had chased Rain seems to remember his job, "Please hand him over to me. I'll handle it from here." Good man, Rain will be sure to sing his praises to P'Pakin.

Rain can smell fear coming from P'Phayu at this suggestion. Rain can't let him know it's ok without clueing the guards into the fact that they are being tested. P'Phayu says, "It's fine. I'll handle this myself. This boy came with me." Rain is surprised at this, P'Phayu is taking a risk claiming a known troublemaker, he could get in as much trouble as Rain if P'Pakin decided that P'Phayu was responsible for Rain.

The guard says, "But I must report this to the boss." Another point for him.

P'Phayu says, "I'll report to him myself. For my sake, just this once, please."

The guard says, "Sure. All right then. Khun Phayu, you must take better care of your boy." P'Phayu must be someone very important in P'Pakin's organization for the guard to give in like this. He feels P'Phayu breath a sigh of relief at this, so he had known the danger and had claimed Rain, a virtual stranger to him, belonged to him anyway. Rain feels a warmth at this.

Rain allows P'Phayu to drag him away. He decides to tell the senior that he works for P'Pakin once they reach whatever destination P'Phayu is heading for. During the car ride he practices what he will say. He realizes he wants P'Phayu to like him, but feels he needs to be honest. He needs to tell P'Phayu about working for P'Pakin and about being a werewolf. Many humans find werewolves scary, even those from protective packs like P'Pakin's.

However, before he can tell the senior anything, he is dragged into a house and finds himself draped over the man's lap. It takes Rain a shocked moment to realize what is happening. The human is actually spanking him, something not even Rain's parents have ever done to him. Rain isn't sure if he should laugh or be irate at this. Indignation wins and Rain rolls off his lap and says, "How dare you do this to me?"

P'Phayu moves to stand in front of him and says in a dangerously quiet voice, "Do you realize what you did? Do you know what would have happened, if I wasn't there?"

Rain decides it's time to let P'Phayu know what he had been doing at the race, he starts by trying to apologize for the ruse but P'Phayu misunderstands.

Phayu says, "I'm asking whether you know! I don't need an apology. Do you want to lose your future? If you tried using your brain a bit, no matter how stupid you are, you would realize how powerful the organizer of an illegal street racing event, set up in the middle of the city, really is. It isn't that difficult to make one stupid boy disappear!" Rain chafes at being called stupid, but he understands what the senior is saying. It would have been a stupid thing for anyone to do if they hadn't been there on P'Pakin's behest.

"P'Chai would not have let that happen," Rain says quietly.

What he says doesn't register with P'Phayu at first, he continues with his rant, "I thought you said you were mature.....what?"

"I said, P'Chai would not have let that happen. I was there at P'Pakin's request to test the guard's reflexes." Rain says.

"You know P'Pakin?" P'Phayu seems to be trying to process this new development.

"He is my mother's cousin, they grew up together. That was before she changed packs so he could marry my father. P'Pakin took me into his pack and helped me out when I came to Bangkok." Rain says.

"Your mother's cousin?" P'Phayu repeats. "Does that mean that you are..."

Rain grins at this. So P'Phayu is close to P'Pakin, "A werewolf?"

P'Phayu stares at him incredulously and sits back down as if his legs have lost their strength. He puts his head in his hands.

Rain is afraid that P'Phayu is scared of him, he doesn't want that so he says in a rush, "Don't be scared of me, I'm not a bad werewolf, I would never hurt a human. That's why I had to leave my old pack and come to Bangkok."

"Not a bad werewolf," P'Phayu repeats and Rain realizes that the senior is laughing. This causes Rain to pout, P'Phayu is laughing at him? He thought the senior was scared of him.

Rain turns away in a huff, crossing his arms. "Are you making fun of me?"

He hears P'Phayu stand up and come up behind him, "Rain, there is a difference between mocking laughter and affectionate laughter. I'm not making fun of you, I was just surprised that's all. To be honest I think you are cute."

Rain turns back in surprise, breaking into a grin, "Really, Phi?"

P'Phayu nods, "Really, I have thought you were cute from the first minute I saw you. Then when you said I was handsome, it did funny things to my insides.Thank you for the compliment by the way."

"You heard me?" Rain asks, embarrassed.

"You aren't very good at whispering," P'Phayu teases, "I think the whole restaurant heard you. Luckily for you most of the people there were nodding their heads in agreement."

"Narcissist." Rain mutters but he guesses P'Phayu has a right to be. "So what happens now?"

"What do you want to happen now?" P'Phayu asks.

Rain seems to think for a moment then does something he has wanted to do since meeting the senior that first day at their code line gathering, he pulls P'Phayu in and kisses him. It's a clumsy, fumbling kiss because Rain has never kissed anyone before in his life. He had never even met anyone who he had considered kissing before P'Phayu. He had hated most of his old pack members and no one he has met since coming to Bangkok has stirred up his emotions like P'Phayu.

When Rain steps back he sees P'Phayu's bottom lip is bleeding. Rain drops his head ashamed that he had lost control and hurt the human even just this little bit. To his surprise, P'Phayu grabs his head and pulls him back in for another, more skilled kiss. Rain feels heat starting to radiate from his middle and spread through his body. He feels like he could kiss the senior forever. When P'Phayu pulls back and rubs his thumb against Rain's lower lip, Rain wants to melt into the touch.

P'Phayu smiles at him, as if guessing his thoughts but he only says, "Go to sleep, we'll talk later." Much to Rain's disappointment.

Phayu closes the door behind him and wipes at his lip with his thumb, looking at the spot of blood and grinning. His hand is trembling slightly, not because he is afraid, but because he wants the boy so much. It's all he can do to not return to the room and kiss every inch of Rain until he is a trembling mess. He has wanted Rain since the first day he had seen him at the university. It had been shortly before the codeline meeting, one of the seniors he was with had pointed Rain out as their newest codeline junior. That had been just over two weeks ago and Phayu had been thinking of and rejecting several ways to get close to Rain since then. Finally before the race tonight he decided to use his position as a good senior and offer to mentor Rain in his studies, figuring that at least should get him close enough to Rain to pursue him.

Nothing could have prepared Phayu for the shock of seeing Rain running from the guards at the race tonight. He felt like his heart had almost stopped. He didn't know why the cute boy was there but he was worried for his safety. He knows that P'Pakin and P'Chai have zero tolerance for anyone who causes trouble at the races. He thought Rain couldn't possibly know the danger he was in.

Then to find out that Rain was there at P'Pakin's request and that he was actually from the man's pack. A werewolf, Phayu had spanked a werewolf. He had been coming from a place of fear for Rain at the moment, a need to teach Rain how badly he had screwed up by sneaking into the races. Now that he knows the truth it's funny to him. He chuckles again.

Now he has Rain in his grasp, what is more the boy had kissed him! P'Phayu could tell from the clumsy kiss that Rain had no experience. While Phayu has no intention of letting the boy escape he feels there is no need to rush things. Phayu thinks that if he takes things slowly he can win not only Rain's body but his heart as well. Phayu wants that, he thinks together they can build something beautiful together.

The next morning P'Phayu brings Rain a set of clothes he can change into. Rain catches the teasing light in his eyes and looks suspiciously at the clothes he has been brought. The t-shirt and pants will be a bit big on Rain but should be okay if he rolls up the cuffs of the pants to keep from tripping. Nothing unusual with those. In between though is a scrap of fabric so small that at first Rain can't make out what it's supposed to be. He holds it up and finally realizes that this is a g-string and one with so little fabric he isn't sure what it will even cover.

Rain's cheeks grow red in embarrassment. P'Phayu is apparently an insufferable tease at heart, so much for the picture perfect "god of the architectural faculty". Rain bets none of his juniors at the university has seen this side of him.

"P'Phayu!" Rain whines. He has never even seen this sort of underwear much less attempted to wear it.

"Just this and you are embarrassed?" P'Phayu asks with a grin.

Rain pouts as the senior leaves the room chuckling.

Rain has two choices, wear the thong or go commando and neither seems like a good choice to him. In the end he grudgingly decides to wear it. He'll have to watch out for P'Phayu's teasing side in the future if they become a couple.

When Rain goes downstairs he finds that P'Phayu has made breakfast. This pushes all thoughts of underwear out of Rain's mind, he is absolutely starving. Wolves have a high metabolism anyway and Rain had missed dinner last night while getting ready for the race.

Once Rain has taken the edge off his hunger he starts looking around P'Phayu's house with interest. It is designed in one of the first architectural styles their professor had lectured them on in class. The first floor is an open design leaning towards a minimalist styling.

Rain notices some drafts at the end of the table, partially covered by a drafting tube. "What's that, P'Phayu?"

"It's a project I will present to a client on Monday." P'Phayu says.

"May I take a look?" Rain loves architecture and wants to see the work of a professional, especially one of P'Phayu's level.

"Go ahead," P'Phayu says with a smile.

Rain moves to the end of the table and moves the drafting tube so he can take a better look. "Wow this is awesome, I want to be able to do something like this too." Rain says with admiration.

"You will soon be able to," P'Phayu says almost directly into Rain's ear. Rain had been so enthralled by the drafts he hadn't noticed the senior get up and move behind him. Rain looks up in shock and freezes. He almost feels like he is drowning in the senior's eyes. Rain thinks for a minute the man will kiss him again and Rain wants that very much. He swallows nervously, his gaze drawn to P'Phayu's lips.

Just then P'Phayu's phone rings, causing Rain to jump back. He returns to his seat with bright red cheeks.

Phayu looks and sees that it is Saifah calling. Silently cursing his brother's time, Phayu hits accept.

"Phayu, are you home?" Saifah asks.

"I am, what's up little brother?" Phayu asks.

"Is Rain with you?" Saifah asks in return.

Phayu quickly looks up at Rain who smiles back, "You know Rain?"

"I met him at P'Pakin's, it was that party that you couldn't attend because you had to go out of town for a project for P'Mhok." Saifah tells him, "So is he there?"

"Yes, is something wrong?" Phayu asks.

"P'Pakin called, he said to tell you to come to his office and to bring Rain with you." Saifah says. Phayu frowns at this, why hadn't P'Pakin called him directly? "I didn't even know you knew Rain."

"He's the university junior I told you about," Phayu says. Saifah had accused him of daydreaming the day after the codeline party and had questioned him until Phayu had finally admitted that he had met a cute junior he liked. It had just sort of slipped out, Phayu didn't usually talk to Saifah about his relationships, but Rain was different.

He hears Saifah groan, "Yu, you really have no sense of self preservation. You finally meet someone you like and it's a werewolf. Rain could rip you to pieces, literally. He has a reputation among the Bangkok pack, even P'Chai is slightly scared of him."

Phayu rolls his eyes at this, "Don't be stupid. What time should we be at P'Pakin's office?"

"He said to be there at ten and don't be late. We'll talk about this later." Saifah says, hanging up. Phayu grimaces, wishing he had never told Saifah about Rain, but then his brother would have found out eventually. Phayu sighs. Rain and Saifah will just have to get to know each other later, he is sure once Saifah knows him, he won't be able to resist the cute boy's charms.

P'Chai meets Phayu and Rain in the lobby of the office building and Phayu doesn't miss the nervous look he gives Rain. So is it true? Phayu had been sure Saifah had been joking. Phayu had never seen P'Chai afraid of anyone, except maybe P'Pakin. He looks from Rain's innocent, open expression to P'Chai's professional stern one and wonders what Rain could have done. He'll have to ask Rain later.

P'Chai escorts them to P'Pakin's office on the top floor, leaving them with a nod and one last glance at Rain. Once P'Chai is gone, Rain runs and gives P'Pakin a hug. "Uncle, it's great to see you again. Your guards are very good. P'Chai chose this bunch well."

P'Pakin gives Rain an affectionate look and says, "Thank you for helping out with that." He indicates two chairs across from his desk for Rain and Phayu.

"So how did you two meet? I heard what happened last night of course. Although from the guard report it sounds as if the two of you already knew each other before last night." P'Pakin asks, wasting no time once they are seated.

"P'Phayu is my senior from the architectural faculty. I've had a crush on him forever." Phayu raises his eyebrows at this. "Imagine my surprise when he rescued me from the guards last night." Both Rain and P'Pakin chuckle at this.

Phayu clears his throat at this slightly embarrassed, "So you wanted to see us?" He hopes it isn't just to talk about his and Rain's relationship.

"Yes, I wanted to talk to both of you, because what I have to say involves Rain and because you seem to care for him. Afterall you wouldn't have risked my wrath for a boy you didn't care about, right?" P'Pakin smiles at this, "Rain, I've had word about your former pack. It seems that the pack has been in an uproar since you ran away. The pack leader, Kiat, is furious. Apparently he sees it as a defiance of his authority. The man also seems to have a particular vendetta against you."

"Well I probably shouldn't have called his son an oversized barking dog," Rain says, not sounding the least bit contrite.

P'Pakin gives a bark of laughter at this, "Probably not, but that is a perfect description of Stop."

"So is he demanding I come home? Because it's not going to happen." Rain says.

"Actually, Stop is here in Bangkok to drag you back." P'Pakin says. "Don't worry, I have already made it clear that you are part of my pack. Once word is out they won't touch you. They won't dare make a move against the Bangkok pack."

"I hope so," Rain says, uncertainly. "Stop really hates me. I helped several humans escape that he had planned on turning."

"Turning?" Phayu asks.

"Some werewolves are born, as I was. Others though are turned with a bite." Rain explains. "It's despicable to do that to unwilling humans but it is a common practice in my old pack. They see it as a way to grow their numbers."

P'Pakin frowns at this, "It's been outlawed in most packs in Thailand. Only a few packs still see it as their entitled right. Don't worry though, we'll send this oversized barking dog back to his father with his tail between his legs."

Rain nods at this, trying to believe it but he has known Stop his entire life. Spoiled and entitled, Stop doesn't know how to take no for an answer.

Rain is quiet on the ride back to his apartment. When they reach the parking lot, he looks at Phayu and says, "I will understand if you don't want anything to do with me, it could be dangerous for you. You probably shouldn't be seen with me."

Phayu leans over, bracing a hand on either side of Rain and studying him. "Rain," he says, then he is kissing Rain. He puts his hand on Rain's neck as if trying to pull him even closer. Rain moans into the kiss and Phayu takes the opportunity to push his tongue into Rain's mouth, relishing in the junior's taste. When he pulls back they are both breathing fast. "I'm not going anywhere," he tells Rain, tracing his finger down Rain's cheek. "Understand?"

Rain nods, "I understand."

Rain goes up to his apartment feeling slightly dazed. Sky is waiting for him with P'Pai by his side. Oh, crap he had forgotten to message Sky last night to let him know he wasn't going to be home. His usually cool friend looks like he is ready to rip into Rain.

"So where were you last night?" he asks.

"I, um, stayed with P'Phayu last night." Rain admits.

P'Pai lets out a laugh at this. "Our senior, P'Phayu?" Sky asks incredulously.

"So, what did the two of you get up to last night, or should I ask Yu?" P'Pai says.

"Yes our senior," Rain answers Sky then to P'Pai says, "You know P'Phayu?"

"Why were you with him?" Sky asks.

"Yu is one of my best friends," P'Pai answers.

"We met at the race last night." Rain says, "He thought I was in trouble but I was there testing the guards for P'Pakin."

"Dammit, Rain those races have a lot of dangerous wolves that hang around them." Sky says.

"Too bad I had to work last night, sounds like I missed all the fun," P'Pai says.

"P'Chai was looking out for me, I was doing a favor for P'Pakin." Rain says. "Why is P'Pai here anyway?" Rain decides it's time to turn the tables back on Sky.

Sky glares at Rain, daring him to complete that thought. "I called him this morning when you didn't come home and didn't answer your phone."

Rain looks surprised at this and takes out his phone to see that it's dead. He had forgotten to charge it yesterday. "Oops." he says, putting it on the charger.

Sky shakes his head, "Rain how are you so scatterbrained. Seriously?"

"Well I was busy yesterday and this morning I had to go see P'Pakin." Rain says with a pout.

"Oh what did he want?" P'Pai asks.

Rain frowns, remembering the reason for P'Pakin calling him to his office, "One of my old pack members is in town. He wants to take me back to face punishment for running away."

P'Pai and Sky both growl at this. "You are a member of our pack now." P'Pai says, "He won't dare touch you."

"I don't know," Rain says. "I wouldn't put it past Stop to do something and rely on his father's position to keep him out of trouble. Stop has always hated me, even more so than the rest of the pack."

Sky seems to think this over, "Do you think he might try to kidnap you and force you to go back that way?" Rain nods. Sky turns to P'Pai, "The pack can't watch over Rain all the time, we need to think of something just in case."

P'Pai grins, "Actually I have an idea."

They talk over P'Pai's plan and decide it's a good one. The best one they have anyway.

Rain almost bounces with joy when he sees the message from P'Phayu the next day inviting him to lunch. Rain messages off an excited, "yes" with a smiley face and P'Phayu sends back, "great I will pick you up at eleven."

Rain goes through and rejects all of his clothes. He has nothing date worthy, even for a lunch date. He finds a pair of jeans he thinks are okay, faded and artfully ripped. Maybe Sky will let him borrow one of his shirts, Sky has some of the best shirts in Rain's opinion.

"Sky," he says, knocking on his bedroom door, "Can I come in?"

"Sure," Sky calls back. Rain opens the door and sees his friend laying across the bed and reading one of his favorite manga series.

"Can I borrow a shirt?" Rain asks.

Sky waves a distracted hand towards his closet and says, "Take whatever."

Rain finds a black T-Shirt with red English lettering that he is sure will set off the faded jeans perfectly.

There is something else he wants to ask his friend, "Sky, how do you date someone? I mean I think P'Phayu likes me but I want to make sure."

Sky puts aside his book and studies Rain for a little bit. "Rain, I am hardly an expert. Look how my first relationship turned out."

Rain wishes Sky would stop blaming himself for what that bad wolf had done. Rain wants to find Gun and add a few more wounds but he suspects that the wolf had ended up in a ditch somewhere. P'Pakin did not tolerate rule breakers on his territory.

"Seriously, you've at least had more experience than me. I just need to know how to get him to like me." Rain whines.

"Hmm, someone as annoying as you," Sky seems to think it over, "Show up in front of him every day, maybe he will become addicted to your face."

"Sky!" Rain whines. Sky picks up his book and proceeds to ignore Rain. He is completely immune to Rain's whines and pouts or at least likes to pretend he is.

Rain grabs a couple of Sky's leather cord bracelets off his dresser, his friend had said to take whatever after all, and goes to get ready.

P'Phayu picks him up on a large blue motorcycle. Rain's eyes go wide looking at the bike. He has ridden smaller taxi bikes but nothing so large as this. P'Phayu helps him with his helmet and Rain carefully climbs up behind him.

"Hold tight," P'Phayu says. Rain nods against his back and puts his arms around the senior. He wonders if there is anything that P'Phayu doesn't do well. They go to a Korean restaurant, Rain's favorite. He wonders if P'Phayu somehow knew this or is it just a coincidence.

Afterwards, they decide to go to a movie. It's a new horror movie and Rain jumps and hides his face against P'Phayu's chest when the ghost is menacing the main character. P'Phayu chuckles at this. "A werewolf scared of ghosts?" He teases Rain as they are leaving the theater.

"Don't laugh, she was really scary," Rain pouts. This just causes P'Phayu to laugh harder.

Rain thinks of Sky's advice to show up in front of P'Phayu everyday. He knows the senior works days at an architectural firm and weekends at his family's garage, not to mention the work he does for P'Pakin. He's a busy man and Rain is also busy with his school work.

"P'Phayu, do you go to your garage after work?" Rain asks.

"Sometimes, why?" P'Phayu asks.

"Could I come see you there some nights?" Rain hopes the senior says yes.

P'Phayu seems to think it's over, "You need to be able to balance your school work and not get behind waiting on me. What about this if you are coming to see me, call first. If I am going to the garage, I will send you a text. You can bring your school work to do while you wait and I can help you with that as well. Okay?"

Rain nods happily. It sounds perfect.

P'Phayu drops Rain off at his dorm not forgetting the good night kiss. Rain already feels like he is getting addicted to P'Phayu's kisses.

The next day in class P'Phayu texts Rain to let him know he will be at the garage that night. Rain happily grabs his things and tells Sky he will be home later. Sky shakes his head at his friend's enthusiasm and decides to send P'Pai a text.

Sky: I want soy eggs and steamed dumplings with rice

Psycho: Your wish is my command, my Sky

Sky: I'm not yours.

Sky puts away his phone and gives a small smile before remembering himself. He looks around to make sure no one saw him, luckily all his classmates have already gone on ahead.

Rain greets the garage staff and goes to the private lounge. No one tries to stop him or asks who he is so Rain can only assume P'Phayu told them he would be there today. There is a man waiting for him inside the office.

"P'Fah," Rain says, happily greeting the man. "So great to see you again."

Saifah looks at Rain slightly nervously, but that doesn't bother the wolf. A lot of humans are nervous or even scared by werewolves, it's almost an instinctual reaction.

"Rain, here to see Phayu?" Saifah says.

"He's going to meet me here after work, he said I could do homework while I waited, do you mind? It won't bother you if I work here will it?" Rain says. He wants P'Fah to like him. Not only because he hopes to date the man's brother, but also because he likes P'Fah's open and teasing personality. He reminds him of P'Phayu except not quite so intense and more easy going than the senior.

"Be my guest," P'Fah says.

Rain sits up his laptop on the coffee table and takes out the draft he is supposed to turn in next week. He works in silence for a while and is surprised when P'Fah brings him a bottled drink.

"You've been working hard, reminds me of when Yu was in school. I thought you might like something to drink?" P'Fah says.

"Thank you," Rain gives him a brilliant smile. "What was P'Phayu like when he was in school?"

"Stubborn," P'Fah says with a laugh, "Just like he is now. He would stay late working on a bike in the garage then make me and my friend Oat stay up until dawn helping him finish a model or assignment that had to be turned in the next day. Let me know if you need any help, I became as talented at cutting models as any of the architectural students."

"I will," Rain says. He tries to imagine a P'Phayu in school, leaving his projects until the last minute like Rain sometimes did.

He and P'Fah were giggling over more stories about P'Phayu when the senior arrived to take Rain out to dinner.

"Did you get any work done?" He asks Rain but he is glaring at his brother.

"I finished," Rain says.

"What are the two of you talking about?" P'Phayu says with a raised eyebrow.

"I was telling Rainy boy what a good senior you are." P'Fah says with a wink at Rain, causing him to giggle. "Have a good dinner. I'm going home."

Since it's late they go to a porridge shop. Rain takes the order pad from the waiter and says, "What do you want to eat, P'Phayu?"

"Are you trying to ask me sneakily?" P'Phayu says. That teasing light is back in his eyes. Rain knows by now that light means trouble for him. He plays into it anyway.

"What do you mean sneakily ask, can't you see I'm trying to order here?" Rain says.

P'Phayu takes the pad from him and says, "And what do you like to eat, Rain?"

Rain thinks it over, "Hmmm since we are in a porridge shop it has to be, stir-fried morning glory and stir-fried preserved radish with eggs."

"How about spicy salad?" P'Phayu asks, writing down Rain's choices.

"Spicy Salad! Spicy salted egg salad. Wait! I'll get century eggs instead. I also want congee. It's late already." Rain says.

"Worried about gaining weight?" P'Phayu says.

"It's virtually impossible for wolves to eat enough to gain weight," Rain says with a laugh.

P'Phayu hands the order pad over to the waiter and Rain says, "Wait am I the only one ordering?"

P'Phayu says, "It's too late for that, you stupid boy. If you're trying to ask for my info sneakily, you're ten years too soon."

Rain can't stop the pout at this. "You're teasing me again, and laughing at me. You even called me stupid again."

P'Phayu leans across the table to ruffle Rain's hair, "Then as a reward for a good boy, replace my 'stupid' with 'cute'.

Rain feels a warmth spread through him at the thought of P'Phayu calling him a cute boy.

The next four weeks fly by in similar fashion. Rain studies hard for school because he doesn't want to disappoint P'Phayu but he also spends as much time at the garage as possible. He knows from P'Pakin that Stop is still in town but he seldom gives his pack member a second thought, after the first couple weeks. His brain is too full of every sweet and spicy moment he shares with P'Phayu.

"I think P'Phayu is going to ask me to be his boyfriend." Rain tells Sky happily one Friday night while they work on their assignments so they can have their weekends free. They both have dates the next night, although Sky stubbornly insists his isn't actually a date.

"What makes you think so?" Sky asks, "Has he said anything?"

"Well no," Rain pouts, "but it's our one month anniversary."

"Just don't be disappointed if it doesn't happen," Sky says.

Rain is pretty sure he will be heartbroken if it doesn't, he has been waiting anxiously for this moment for the last month, but he says brightly, "Of course not."

Rain buys a new outfit for the next night, and goes to the salon to have his hair done. He decides to have it dyed black, it has gotten quite a bit longer since he arrived in Bangkok and he thinks he will look good with black hair.

Rain looks himself over in the mirror. He is wearing black jeans with a red button up shirt. Black leather cord bracelets, his own this time he had bought them so he could stop stealing Sky's, adorn his slender wrists. His hair is still styled from the salon, flattened to frame his face. He thinks he looks pretty good like this.

From the look in P'Phayu's eyes when he picks Rain up he must think so too. He pulls Rain in and gives him a passionate kiss, then moves his lips to the side of Rain's neck where he is most sensitive. Rain shivers at the touch of P'Phayu's warm lips to his neck. Part of him wants to suggest they just go back to P'Phayu's house but he is looking forward to this date. P'Phayu got them reservations at an elegant restaurant that Rain has been dying to check out. The chef is world famous and the food is reputed to be top notch.

Rain is looking over the menu when P'Phayu calls his name softly. "Rain, do you want to..."

"Yes, definitely." Rain says quickly.

P'Phayu raises his eyebrows at this. "I haven't asked you anything yet."

"Oh," Rains says, realizing that for all he knows P'Phayu was just about to ask him if he was ready to order or wanted a soda or something. "What were you going to ask?"

P'Phayu pushes a box across the table. "You better have this." Rain opens it and sees it's a thick silver bracelet, with a row of tornado symbols etched into it. Phayu holds up his wrist and Rain sees he is wearing a matching black titanium bracelet with a row of rain clouds etched in. Couple's bracelets.

"Does this mean that we are boyfriends now?" Rain asks, fingering the bracelet.

"Of course, you've already answered the question and can't take it back now." P'Phayu says.

Rain is pretty sure they order something and eat, and it was probably good but he can't tell you what it was. He keeps staring at the bracelet on his wrist and all he really wants is to get out of here and go home with P'Phayu.

"Do you want me to take you home?" P'Phayu asks when they leave the restaurant.

Rain shakes his head and asks shyly, "Can we go to your place?"

P'Phayu nods at this. "Of course."

It's a beautiful night and Rain is suddenly very glad P'Phayu had brought his bike instead of the car. Everything feels sensuous and delicious about the night. The way he is plastered to P'Phayu's back, his arms around the senior, and able to feel his strong back muscles. The human scent of the man as Rain rests his chin on P'Phayu's shoulder. Even the wind and the scents of the night seem to feel Rain with desire. Rain can't resist sliding his hand down P'Phayu's leg and giving him a little squeeze earning him a slap on the hand from the senior who places Rain's arms around his waist in a silent command to keep them there and be good. Rain grins against P'Phayu's back.

Back at P'Phayu's house, the senior grabs his hand and pulls Rain inside.

"Is P'Fah home?" Rain asks, looking around the dark house.

P'Phayu is shaking his head, "He decided to stay at the garage tonight."

Rain looks at him, eyes sparkling mischievously. "Did you plan this?"

P'Phayu pushes him back and pins him against the wall. He leans in and kisses him, licking at Rain's lips until he opens his mouth. Rain feels a little lightheaded and holds onto the seniors shoulders. He feels as if his knees will buckle if he doesn't. P'Phayu pulls aways and says, "Lets just say I was more hoping the night might end this way." P'Phayu takes Rain by the hand and leads him to the bedroom.

Once in the bedroom, Rain lets P'Phayu undress him as they continue to kiss. He loves the feeling of P'Phayu's hands on his skin and whines and tugs at P'Phayu's shirt because he wants to feel P'Phayu's skin as well. Realizing what he wants P'Phayu pulls off the shirt and shrugs out of his pants. Rain feels a growl forming in his throat at the site of the man's beautiful body and nips at P'Phayu's shoulder stopping just short of breaking the skin.

"Naughty puppy." P'Phayu grins, pulling him to the bed and pushing Rain down. Rain gasps at the sudden motion, as P'Phayu moves on top of Rain and straddles him. He pushes Rain's hands above his head, "Keep them there," he orders.

Rain whines at this and throws his head back, as P'Phayu kisses him on the neck. In the moment Rain feels his instincts take over, letting the senior take complete control. P'Phayu runs his hand down Rain's side as he continues to worship Rain with his mouth, kissing every inch of Rain he can manage, moving his mouth down Rain's body.

There is a click and Rain feels the coolness of the lube as P'Phayu uses his fingers to coat the outside of Rain's rim. He then pushes a finger inside of Rain the sensation causes Rain to whine louder. He wants more than this but P'Phayu takes his time opening Rain up slowly, adding a second finger to the first then a third. He moves his fingers in and out fucking Rain with them and opening him up. He smiles triumphantly when he hits Rain's P-spot, Rain bucks his hips at this and moans loudly.

P'Phayu removes his fingers and retrieves a condom that he has stashed under a car model. Rain watches in interest as he rips it open and puts it on. P'Phayu positions himself and pushes into Rain, taking Rain's cock in his hand at the same time. He matches his strokes to his rhythm of moving in and out of Rain. Rain feels waves of ecstasy begin to wash over him as his breathing speeds up. "You look so pretty like this, so pretty and so feral. Cum for me, good boy." Rain feels himself slip over the edge orgasming and tightening around the senior at this. P'Phayu groans at this, Rain feels him shudder and spasm inside of him.

P'Phayu helps him clean up and Rain feels himself drifting to sleep in his boyfriend's arms.

When Rain wakes the next morning, P'Phayu's side of the bed is empty. Rain sees that the senior has laid out some clothes though and Rain assumes they are meant for him. Rain stares happily down on the bracelet still on his wrist. The sight of it makes the previous night feel all that much more real.

Rain picks up the clothes and goes to take a shower, taking special pleasure in washing with P'Phayu's shampoo and body wash. Afterwards he goes downstairs and finds P'Phayu in his personal gym. Rain can't help but smile while watching the man work out, his boyfriend's body is so beautiful. Rain spots the mark on his shoulder where he bit him and can't help but blush at the memory. The wolf part of him had wanted to bite down until he could taste blood. Since he was in human form he wouldn't have been in danger of accidentally turning P'Phayu with a bite but he could have seriously hurt him.

At breakfast he apologizes for hurting P'Phayu.

"Silly boy, what are you thinking, you didn't hurt me." P'Phayu tells him. "Last night couldn't have been more perfect."

"I bit you," Rain says miserably. "I could have really hurt you."

"You didn't though, you controlled it and do you want to know a secret?" P'Phayu leans across the table whispering, "I liked it, I liked you marking me in that way. I loved seeing your teeth prints on my skin this morning."

Rain isn't sure whether to blush or grin at this, so he does both.

The next Monday Rain has a school holiday so while P'Phayu is at work he buys dinner from the local market, not forgetting to get enough since P'Fah is supposed to join them that night. When he hears P'Phayu's bike he runs and greets the senior, jumping into his arms as soon as he enters the door. A surprised P'Phayu just manages to catch him and keep them both from falling over.

"Are you a monkey or a wolf?" P'Phayu asks, laughing.

Rain shakes his head and says, "I'm a boyfriend." He tilts his head up so that P'Phayu can kiss him.

Rain hears someone clearing their throat behind P'Phayu and looks up to see P'Fah clearing still standing in the doorway looking at the pair with a disgusted look.

Rain blushes and lets his feet drop to the floor, going to lay out dinner for the three of them. He takes the rice out of the cookers and puts it in a dish and quickly reheats the things he got at the market, while P'Phayu sets the table.

P'Phayu feeds Rain with a grin telling Rain how adorable he is.

"Big brother, did you forget I still live here too." P'Fah says, "First you do sweet things to Rain in the doorway of the house, now you are being tooth rotting sweet while I'm trying to eat."

"You can always move out," P'Phayu tells him.

"This house is a shared inheritance," P'Fah reminds him. "Are you going to take Rain to the Race next month?"

P'Phayu frowns at this, "There are a lot of bad people and wolves there."

"P'Pakin won't let anything happen. He won't tolerate violence or trouble makers at the race and P'Chai will be there as well. Besides, Rainy boy is more than capable of taking care of himself from what I hear."

"Please, P'Phayu. I want to see it. Last time I was there to work and didn't get to watch any of the races." Rain begs.

"Fine, but stay close to me, and if anyone asks tell them you are P'Phayu's wifey." he teases. This causes Rain to smack him on the shoulder but he grins at it as well.

The next month Phayu escorts Rain to the race and introduces him to the guards as his boyfriend. The guards all grin and greet the pair happily. They know now that Rain is P'Pakin's pack member and that along with being P'Phayu's boyfriend places him near the top in the race hierarchy. P'Chai also comes to the mechanic's tent to greet them. After the head guard leaves Phayu remembers something he wants to ask Rain. "Saifah says P'Chai is scared of you, why is that? I haven't seen him act that way around other werewolves or humans."

It's P'Pakin that answers, coming into the pit area. "He once watched Rain neuter a bad wolf."

Phayu can't help but turn slightly pale at this image, "Did you say neuter?"

"He deserved it," Rain says, frowning. "He hurt Sky."

P'Pakin nods and adds, "He also broke our law by forcefully turning a human. Gun got everything he deserved. Rain just helped us out a little with the punishment." He turns to Rain and says, "Speaking of bad wolves, guess who is here tonight."

Rain groans, "Please don't say Stop."

"The one and only, he won't dare cause trouble here but I thought you should know anyway." P'Pakin says.

"Is Rain in danger, should I take him home?" Phayu asks.

"He would be in more danger away from the race. Here I have several pack members that will help to protect Rain. In fact I'll send Prapai over now." P'Pakin says. He knows that Phayu and Pai are good friends and that Phayu would be more comfortable around a familiar wolf.

Rain says that he is not going to let his old pack member ruin his fun. There is nothing Rain enjoys more than sitting on a crate watching Phayu work on a bike and interacting with the racers. Phayu is in his element here and Rain just loves watching the way he moves in his mechanic coveralls.

Rain and Phayu both look up in surprise when there is a loud commotion not too far from the tent. It sounds like someone is fighting, but P'Pakin has a strict no violence allowed policy. Who would dare break the rules?

"Stay here, I will check it out," Phayu tells Rain.

"Not on your life," Rain answers, hopping down from the crate to follow.

"Fine, but stay behind me," Phayu tells him.
A few feet away they find Prapai face to face with a guy Phayu doesn't recognize. He hears Rain growl beside him and guesses this must be Stop.

Just as they reach the pair, P'Chai steps between the Pai and the other wolf. "There is no violence allowed here." He reminds them.

"Who do you think you are talking to, you cur, do you know who my father is?" Stop says. The guards, both human and wolf, move forward with a growl at this. P'Chai puts up his hand to stop them.

P'Chai points a finger at Stop's chest and says, "I think you should leave while I am being nice to you."

Stop starts to say something else, then looks around and realizes he is outnumbered. "Fine, I don't want to stay at this shitty event anyway, it's not even entertaining." His eyes find Rain and he says, "I will see you later." Phayu moves towards him but Pai puts up a hand to stop him.

"Rain is protected by the Bangkok pack now," Pai reminds Stop. The wolf just waves a hand at this and stalks off.

"What was that about?" Phayu asks Pai.

"Oh that idiot was bragging that he would take Rain back with him, no matter what the Bangkok pack said. I was just reminding him whose territory he was on." Pai says, then turns to Rain, "Everything okay Rainy boy?"

"I'm fine," Rain says with a grin.

Pai looks around. "So Sky didn't come with you tonight?" He asks in a disappointed tone.

Rain's grin widens at this, "He said he was feeling too lazy. He also said to tell you that if you don't win tonight don't bother coming to the dorm after the race."

"Oh I will win every race." Pai says. "How can I lose under those conditions?" He takes his helmet from a nearby attendant and goes to get his bike.

Pai does indeed win all his races and Rain sends Sky a video of Pai's final race as proof.

P'Pakin sent word that Stop had been called back to his back by his father. Apparently the pack leader began to worry that the Bangkok pack would take revenge for his son's slights. They are keeping an eye on him until he leaves town. Rain tries to relax, hoping that the worst is behind him, but he can't help but to remember the look of hatred in his former pack members eyes at the race. Stop has always hated him but he seems to be taking Rain's defection to the Bangkok pack personally.

The two weeks after the race passed quietly enough. P'Phayu is having to work over most nights on a new client project and Rain has several assignments due for school. Rain has barely managed to grab a quick dinner with his boyfriend three times in two weeks. So he is really looking forward to the date they have planned for the upcoming Friday. Of course his professor would choose that afternoon to let his class run on, Rain anxiously watches the time, worried he will be late. As soon as he gets out of class he runs back to the dorm to shower and change, just barely making it to the garage fifteen minutes before the time they agreed to meet.

Rain bounces into the office and greets P'Fah happily, settling down to wait on P'Phayu. He is a little surprised the senior didn't beat him to the garage as he was supposed to have an early afternoon. A reward for finishing the first stage of the client project.

When the time comes and passes, Rain begins to get nervous. He checks his phone but there is no message that P'PHayu will be late. "P'Fah, you haven't heard from P'Phayu?" Rain asks.

"I haven't talked to him since breakfast this morning." P'Fah says not looking up from his work.

Rain takes another look at the clock behind the desk and shifts nervously. P'Phayu is never late without texting or calling him. Could something have happened? Rain tries to tell himself it's fine, P'Phayu us just running a little late but he can't shake the bad feeling. He tries to call P'Phayu but it goes straight to voicemail.

"P'Fah, you really haven't heard from P'Phayu?" Rain asks yet again.

Rain doesn't miss the way P'Fah rolls his eyes. "No Rain, Phayu's only 45 minutes late, maybe traffic is bad or something."

"Wouldn't he call or message though? And he's not answering my calls." Rain says.

Saifah sighs, "Maybe there isn't a signal, or his phone may be dead. He'll be here, Rain."

Rain knows he is right, but it doesn't stop Rain from taking out his phone and trying to call P'Phayu again.

Another half hour and even P'Fah is getting nervous he calls P'Phayu's office and asks if he is still there. The receptionist tells him that P'Phayu had left over two hours ago, saying he had an important date he couldn't be late for.

Rain immediately calls P'Pakin to let him know something has gone wrong. To his horror, P'Pakin tells him that Stop supposedly left town that morning, but the men following him managed to lose track of him. Rain calls P'Pai who offers to drive to P'Phayu's office then backtrack to the garage to see if he finds any clues enroute.

Rain paces, phone in hand while he waits for P'Pai to call back. He is wound so tight that he almost drops his phone when it rings. The display shows its Sky.

"Rain, I'm with P'Pai. We are at P'Phayu's office and his bike is still here in the parking lot." Sky says. Rain's blood runs cold at those words. Sky says they will talk to some of the locals to see if anyone has seen anything, but the parking lot doesn't have cameras.

After Sky hangs up, Rain is about to call P'Pakin back when his phone rings again. This time the number is listed as unknown.

When Rain answers he isn't surprised to hear Stop on the other end of the line. It's what he has been fearing all along without even admitting it to himself.

"Hello, whelp." Stop says, "I think you know why I am calling."

"Let P'Phayu go you mongrel." Rain growls angrily into the phone.

"Do you really want to talk to me like that? One slip of a paw and your boyfriend's pretty face will be destroyed." Stop says.

This has the effect of a bucket of ice water being dumped over Rain, "Don't hurt him." Rain pleads.

"That's up to you, whelp. Come alone, drive south, I will text you an address once you are on your way. I wouldn't want you tipping off that human you are with after all. We'll be watching you. If you try any tricks, I won't bother turning your human. I will simply let my men rip him to pieces." With that Stop hangs up. So Stop has someone watching him and closely, otherwise he wouldn't know that he was with a human.

P'Fah tries to stop him, to find out what's going on when he sees Rain grab his keys. "Stay here," Rain says, "I'm going to look for P'Phayu." With his back to the office door he mouths two words then he is running out the door as quickly as possible.

The building Stop sends directions to is in an abandoned section of town, so it is easy enough for Rain to spot the car following him, obviously Stop's men making sure Rain doesn't try to contact anyone. They are following close enough where they can see if Rain attempts to use his phone.
Rain parks in front of the building. He doesn't bother taking his phone in, knowing that they will just take it from him as soon as he enters. As if to confirm this two men pat him down taking just inside the building and take his wallet and keys.

They escort Rain into an inner room, where Stop is waiting for him. Phayu is there as well. He is in the center of the room tied to a chair with a gag over his mouth. As soon as he sees Rain he starts to struggle.

"I'm here, let my boyfriend go." Rain says.

"If I let him go you won't do as I say," Stop replies smugly. Rain wants to rip his throat out but he is all too aware of the wolves guarding P'Phayu. They could easily hurt him before Rain could get close.

"What do you want?" Rain asks.

"Isn't it obvious, I want you to fight me, pup. A battle of might." Stop says. "On camera it will look like a fair fight. However if you want your boyfriend to walk out of here in one piece you know what you need to do right? Don't worry, I won't kill you, unless you make me that is."

A battle of might is an ancient practice respected by all werewolf packs. Both parties agree to the battle and the outcome is beyond dispute.

Rain glances over at P'Phayu, the senior has never seen him in wolf form, will he be scared of Rain? Rain shrugs, the important thing is to get them both out of here even if P'Phayu decides he never wants to see Rain again after this. Rain wouldn't blame him.

"Fine," Rain says, he strips out of his shirt and jeans and neatly folds them, placing them on an empty chair. No need to ruin a perfectly good set of clothes. His boxers will just have to be collateral damage, there is no way he is stripping completely in front of these wolves. P'Phayu is the only one allowed to see him that way.

Rain closes his eyes and focuses on his inner wolf, encouraging it to come to the surface. The transformation process looks painful to an outsider but Rain doesn't actually feel anything in the moment as his body changes shape. He is too much in his own head. He knows well enough what he looks like as a wolf, larger than he is normally with a vaguely human shape. His fur is gray almost to the point of being silver and he has pointed ears and a tail that are very wolf-like. He runs his tongue over a snout full of sharp teeth and extends his hands now tipped with razor sharp claws. "Let's do this," he growls.

Before the cameras roll, Stop feeds Rain his lines. Stop's lackey turns the camera on Rain and he says, "I, Rain, a member of the Bangkok pack challenge Stop to a battle of might."

He and Stop then begin to circle each other. The man with the camera moves around the room, trying to get the best angles and light. Stop is twice Rain's size, this would hardly be a fair fight even if the other wolf wasn't holding a hostage. That's probably why Stop wanted it to look like Rain was the challenger.

"Remember, whelp, make it look good." Stop says in a quiet growl. Rain gives a slight nod at this.

Rain rushes at Stop snarling and growling, but checks his speed at the last minute, only appearing to headbutt the other wolf. Stop on the other hand grabs Rain wrapping his arms around Rain's waist and squeezing. Rain hears a crack and feels a sharp pain and thinks he probably has a broken rib. Rain gives a pained yelp and jumps back, but that only gives Stop a chance to advance and bite down on Rain's shoulder. Rain can't stop a whimper at this, he can feel the blood flowing from the bite.

He glances over at P'Phayu and sees the senior struggling hard to escape his bonds. He is making a pained noise that sounds like he could be screaming Rain's name against the gag. Rain waves a hand in his direction trying to let him know that he will be okay, but Rain is already badly hurt and the fight is just starting.

"Eyes on me, whelp." Stop says, moving in on him.

Rain pushes him back and is about to go in for another pretend attack when there is a warning howl from Stop's men in the front of the building.

The room is suddenly filled with dozens of members of the Bangkok pack in full werewolf form. A small black werewolf that Rain recognizes as Sky moves to help him but he insists they check on P'Phayu first.

"Rain, you're bleeding." A golden wolf tells him, this is P'Pai.

"I'm fine, check P'Phayu first. I still have business with this mongrel." Rain says. He turns to Stop and before the other can react, rushes him for real this time. Rain is a fury of teeth and fur. He moves almost too quickly for anyone to follow what happens next but Stop is soon curled up on the floor in a little ball whimpering. "That's for daring to touch my boyfriend." Rain says moving away. He turns aways but then turns back and gives Stop an extra kick in the ribs for good measure.

"Rain," a big black wolf says warningly.

"Don't worry," Rain says with a panting grin, "He will still be able to produce offspring, eventually. Although if it wasn't for my parents still being a member of his father's pack I might have decided to end his diseased line with him."

"I wouldn't worry about your parents," P'Chai tells him, "P'Pakin and some of the other packs have decided it's time to take control of your old pack. This vermin's father won't be in control much longer." Rain nods at this, glad.

He goes over to where Sky is untying P'Phayu, he wants to check his boyfriend himself to make sure he is all right.

"Rain," P'Phayu asks immediately, "are you ok?"

"I should be asking you that question, are you ok?" Rain says. "Did they hurt you? I'm sorry, P'Phayu."

"Why are you apologizing?" P'Phayu asks.

"It's my fault they took you." Rain says, "If it wasn't for me you would be safe."

"I told you, I'm not going anywhere." P'Phayu reaches up and strokes his fur and it's then that Rain remembers he is still in wolf form.

"You don't think I'm scary do you?" Rain asks.

"So scary," P'Phayu says with a grin, "whose boyfriend is so cool?"

Rain gives a toothy grin at these words and grabs his clothes from the chair. He needs to change back to human so that his shoulder and ribs can be bandaged. Luckily P'Pakin has a good doctor in the pack, Dr. Heam. Someone finds a clean cloth to wrap Rain's shoulder until it can be treated.

They find Rain's keys and P'Phayu insists on driving. Rain doesn't really argue, his side hurts like a bitch and he is having difficulty breathing. Almost surely a cracked or broken rib. P'Phayu takes him back to his house where P'Fah is waiting for them. Sky has already called the doctor to meet them there to check on Rain and patch him up.

Saifah goes to answer the doorbell, insisting that Phayu stay with Rain. Saifah feels his mouth drop open when he sees the petite young woman standing there. This is the pack doctor?

"Hi, Doctor Oatkheam?" Saifah asks, feeling a little dazed.

She gives him a brilliant smile that goes straight to his heart and says, "In the flesh."

"I like you, will you go out with me?" he says, making her laugh.

"You are bold," she says, smiling, "Maybe I should see my patient first, then we can discuss it."

That's not a no, Saifah thinks to himself with a grin as he leads her to Phayu's bedroom.

"Well, young pup, you are very lucky. You have a cracked rib that we will wrap and the bite on your shoulder that needs to be cleaned and properly bandaged, but both should heal quickly and cleanly." Dr. Heam tells him. She tends his wounds and leaves him with a painkiller specially formulated to work with a werewolf's metabolism.

"Take good care of him, Rain is a precious member of our pack now." She tells Phayu, who nods at this. He will baby Rain until he feels better, and beyond if he gets a chance.

"I'll walk you out," Saifah says quickly.

Phayu hides a grin, he doesn't miss the dreamy look that Saifah is giving Rain's doctor. Maybe Phayu isn't the only one who doesn't have a sense of self preservation when it comes to werewolves. He will be certain to tease Saifah about this later.

"I'm curious about one thing," Phayu says, brushing Rain's hair back from his face. "How did the Bangkok pack find us? I heard Stop's instructions and I know no one would have had time to follow you."

"It was P'Pai's idea in case Stop tried to grab me to force me to go back to my old pack. Sky put a tracker on my phone that could be activated by him just in case. When Stop called I wasn't able to tell P'Fah what was going on, there was no time and we were being watched, but I was able to tell him to call Sky as I was grabbing my keys. When I got to the warehouse I was afraid that Stop's men might take my phone and turn it off or break it so I left it in the car. They didn't seem to notice, probably seemed like something a worried, absentminded, impulsive wolf would do without thinking." Rain says.

"So smart," Phayu tells him, ruffling his hair, "Good job, sweet boy."

Rain practically glows at the praise.

Phayu grabs a bottle of water and Rain's medicine. Rain needs to sleep and to heal in his opinion and Phayu will make sure that happens.

"P'Phayu, you're not really afraid of me are you?" Rain asks, swallowing the medicine obediently and holding out his hand for the water bottle. Instead Phayu takes off the cap and tips it up to Rain's lips himself

P'Phayu shakes his head, "Today I was only afraid of losing you. When you attacked Stop for me, I fell in love with you all over again."

Rain's eyes go wide at this, "You've fallen in love with me before?"

P'Phayu nods, "Um, huh. Maybe from the very first time I saw you. I love you, Rain."

"You never said anything." Rain says, as Phayu sits down beside him and gently pulls him close to rest his head on Phayu's shoulder.

"Neither have you," Phayu reminds him.

"Oh," Rain says, then grins. "Me too," he says teasingly. Phayu grins at this, it seems that Rain is picking up his teasing ways.

"What's me too?" Phayu asks, putting his chin down on Rain's hair.

"Rain loves P'Phayu, now and for always." Rain says. He gives a yawn, the medicine is starting to take effect.

"Sleep good boy, I will be here when you wake up. Now and for always." Phayu plants a kiss on the top of his head and strokes his hair until Rain falls asleep.

Notes:

This is a rewrite of a fic I submitted to a discord contest. I loved the idea of Rain being a bad ass so much I wanted to rewrite and expand on the idea, but had to wait until the contest was over. 

Title from Selena Gomez song, "Wolves."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.6K 814 15
A fanfiction of PrapaiSky from Love In The Air the series. This story is made on my own imagination. I hope you will like it β™‘ [Completed] ✺ Sky lost...
72.8K 2.5K 20
AU where Phayu and Prapai are at the same university as Sky and Rain. Sky has no history of trauma and Rain is the same precious little cinnamon rol...
115K 1.6K 36
Oneshots that I've written for Haikyuu!! ΰΌΆβ€’β”ˆβ”ˆβ›§ From Old to New β›§β”ˆβ”ˆβ€’ΰΌΆ β†ͺ Original β†ͺ Some may be inspired by songs, taken from real-life experiences and...
6.6K 202 16
I dont know its 1 in the morning and I really want some phan oneshots so here Ur welcome. 2 years later- I went back and revised them all and realiz...