The Other Side of Paradise

By Aishhhh1004

This is a love story featuring four individuals who were each punished differently by their soulmate bond Kin... More

The One with Hazel Orbs
The Special Infermum
•Character Files•
A Blaze of Bright Flame
Dreaming of You
The King and a Stranger
The Dark Veins Curse
A mere trace of the truth
Should I trust any of your words?
A Myth Comes True
The Twin and A Sun
Never a Damsel in Distress
Who am I?

Code of Disaster

75 11 3
By Aishhhh1004

Dal dragged him away from his room. He knows better that nothing can stop him as he watches how powerful the lightning strikes Jeff earlier. Being dragged into the elementalist quarters is a new experience for him. Their place is more luxurious than the rest of building. It's like a different place all over again. Walking around the corridor while his arm in Dal’s hard grips.

"Sir, I don't think I should wait here. If you want to take me away. It's okay. I would not resist, but why can't I stay in my room?"he asked, confused. He is still sceptical with this. Dal did not answer, he opened the golden coloured door. The room that greets them is beautiful and neat. It has one queen size bed in the middle. The furniture is expensive, it is not suitable for a place like the orphanage. It’s like they used all the donations for these decorations. It is funny how they keep this area so rich while the place for orphans looks so cheap.

"Stay here until Gina comes. Don't try to run", Dal ordered him. Apo was taken aback, Dan's face was scary, his eyes lazer into him but his speciality in observing people, noticed the slight fear in his stoic face. He walked out of the room satisfied when Apo decided to sit on the bed. He heard a click, and it signified that this room was locked. Being alone in the room. Apo flexed his injured arm that healed suddenly. It is perfectly normal now. No sign of a broken bone at all. The scar he received during his childhood also vanished. Blue incident earlier now feels like a fever dream for him.

He doesn't know all things about the elementalist, it is normal for infermum to know nothing about it. They are secretive about almost all their protocol, this also due to early days. The elementalist is often hunted by infermum as they were accused  for whatever odds events that occurs. The Elementalist was tortured to death. It was not until they helped win a war  that they finally accepted into society. Then, the kingdom was overthrown by the Elementalist, the late King of Water Elementalist took the charge of ruling. Apo loves to read history, trying to study the flow of the story. The beauty of the fault happened to the world but he can't shake the feeling that there is a missing chapter in history. Especially why there was no detailed event of The Darkest War.

The sound of the door crack opening startled him, "Gina," said Apo, relieved to find someone he knew. Gina walks inside the room with a glass of water and pills. "You should eat only 2 of these pills", she said as she handed the glass of water and put 2 pills on his reluctant stretch hand. Apo observed the red pills on his hand. Debating whether to shallow it or not. Gina is waiting for him with hawk eyes.

“What is code red? Isn’t it shady to give this to me without telling me what it's for?" asked Apo. She looks exhausted and is holding her frustration. It has been a long day for everyone.

“Inferns don’t deserve to know" muttered Gina

Apo felt insulted by the slur, she also an infermum, "I don't have to know? I have to take these pills. I should know what I consume" Apo glared. He was also exhausted by the event that happened in less than 24 hours, and he is really confused. Now he is forced to do something without him knowing, without his consent.

"Don't make it hard, Nattawin. Just swallow it or you want a hard way?" Gina gritted his teeth. She is visibly angry with him now.

"I can't just-"

"Eat the pills! You are not even an elementalist, even by blood you should. Saint hated you so much. Your level is below mine, your kind is worth nothing. Stubborn bastard, stop complaining" yelled Gina. Insulting his background, as an infermum born from an Elementalist family. It breaks his heart.

Apo was shocked by this attitude. Gina never loses her composure. Now she yelled and belittled him for not taking these pills. From her reaction, he became even more sceptical of taking these weird red pills. He put it down on the tray that Gina brought. Refuse to take it. Gina was angry with his actions, her eyes widened with anger. She took the pills and launched at him. Tackle him down on the bed. Both her legs were on his side, it took Apo by surprise. Her hand squeezed his cheeks. Gina's small body frame was easy to push but the attack was too sudden, Apo couldn't react fast. She pushed the pills into his mouth before pouring the water and cups his mouth with her palm. He can't help himself but swallow the pills and cough.

Gina looked crazed and satisfied by her act of violence. The result was instant, his body started to feel light. It must be a strong drug. His mind is fuzzy, a ringing sound assaulting his ears. Gina who was still on him stopped smiling. Before his consciousness drops, he can make out 'I’m sorry' from the movement of her lips.

They just drug him with unknown substance, its was strong

She moved away from him and walked out of the room before locking the door. Apo is alone again, he tries to move his body but to no avail he can't even move his fingers. He tries to stay awake, he knows that this situation is not normal, but his body becomes more tired and betrays its owner. He succumbed to it.

•••

Job was pacing back and forth inside the room. Apo's belongings were carried away just half an hour ago. They did not answer any questions regarding him at all. The only clue they got is that Apo be brings upon the King, for he is somehow cursed by the spirit that possesses Blue. For 10 years living and studying in this orphanage he never heard anything about elementalist that can possess other elementalist. Even if the elementalist is strong enough, they can't do that unless they use something unspeakable. It was an absurd act, no one beside the rebellion learned the disgusting tricks of possessing people. If it is true that Apo was cursed or possessed, his body should deteriorate instead of healing. So one thing for sure, they hide something. He worried about his new best friend. He knew that something went wrong with Apo after that incident, but couldn't put a finger on it. He just thought that he was shocked.

He also feels bad about his outburst earlier, Apo did not deserve that treatment. Job was too wrapped up in sadness and trauma of losing someone. Apo doesn't even know anything about elementalist besides the fact that they can control elements. Even when Job was always oblivious, he could see that the authority was a bit shady.

"We need to save Apo. Looks from how fast they move his belongings, they will bring Apo away in the morning" said Job to the other two. He finally stopped pacing around the room and faced the other two. He wants to plan an ambush just to save Apo.

"No. no. They'll obviously stop us. If we move against the authority, it is a death sentence." Bas argued

"or killed on the spot. They are awfully powerful" added Jeff while groaning, the lightning struck is still affecting him. "We need a better plan," added Jeff. He is clutching his side as he moves to sit upright.

Bas still bites his nails out of habit when he is thinking and planning something. Out of the three he always has the brightest plans. Jeff is the close second. While Job expert in executing the plan.

"We cannot move hastily, they are not shy to start something worse. We already saw it. We should stick to the plan after the evaluation. Then it is easier to break into the palace." said Bas. Everyone that passes the evaluation is usually allowed to enter the palace.

“What!? So you'll sacrifice Apo? It's code red!" yelled Job. Jeff threw a pillow onto his face and whispered-yelled 'shut up. everyone will hear you'. As far as Job knew, any rules regarding elementalist cannot be used to infermum. So giving Apo a red code medicine is absurd. It is usually used before execution for an elementalist who breaks any higher rules, usually killing or using dark magic. The pills will inhibit elementalist power. Apo obviously is not an elementalist, so it must be something bad if they decided to use that method.

"It's not what I mean, but why would they use code red medication? The rule only applies to elementalist. They have the bigger picture here", said Bas, calculating.

"They know something. If Apo is clearly cursed they would definitely execute him on the spot, here. Infermum worth nothing to them. But no, they bring him to the King. Not everyone meets the King easily. As far as I know, just a few warriors are allowed, which is honestly suspicious too. What I can conclude is that if it is true, Apo had heard something important from Blue. Those things bring threat to them", concludes Jeff.

"His healed arm is also an indicator. Even if he is a well trained elementalist, he can't heal himself. He is not even an elementalist in the first place" added Bas. Both Jeff and Bas are very observant plus they are more realistic while Job will always be the one that  does things in rush. Job sighs. He can't even win against both of these masterminds.

“What bothers me is the secret code that we don't even know. What is code black?”Jeff asked them.

“I don’t know. I think we need to find out about that too”, Bas replied.

"So what is our next plan?" mumbled Job. He looked at the empty bed on the far left of the room, already missing the presence of Apo and his snarky remark. He might be shy and silent at first but when he is comfortable enough he can be more fun than these two masterminds. "Whatever the plan,  what's important is that we save Apo in the end," said Job. The other two just nodding and sad smile forming on their face

•••

Apo wakes up in another foreign sight. The bed he laid down on is too soft to be the one in his old house, not even close to the one in the Red House. The king size bed with white and gold bed sheets, too soft, like silk. His clothes were changed into something more fancy and expensive.  It is loose long sleeve white silk shirts with a black satin pants. He never wore something this expensive, his usual clothing was handed down cloth. Feeling out of place as he finally looks around the room. The white and gold colour stood up to show how expensive this room is, the interior designer must have taken a long time to design this room. There is a chandelier in the centre of the ceiling. The mirror in front of the bed gives him excess to look at his appearance now. He looks different, clean, but still out of place. His hair was washed. He cringes at the thought that someone undresses, washes and changes his clothes while he passes out.

How long has he been out? The drug is sure doing its job.

The door of the room was opened suddenly by five women, the maidservant that works in this place. The oldest of them noticed that Apo is awake. She bowed deeply, the other followed.

"Good morning young master," said the lady. Apo is taken aback by this. Since when is he their master? She approached him without waiting for his answer and trying to undress him. Shocked by the act, he shrieked "No. Stop touching me", the maidservant stopped her movement immediately.

“Forgive me, young master. His Majesty gives us orders to properly prepare you. We are also under your service as His Majesty ordered." she said, her eyes lowered. Never meeting his eyes. He was utterly confused. He remembers Gina forcefully fed him the red suspicious pills. He thought he would be a prisoner, or they'll torture him to got what ever Blue said to him, but never has he thought that he lying on a luxury bed, being pampered.

"I’m perfectly capable of preparing myself. Just left the clothes on the bed", Apo ordered, his voice wavering a little. Never could he imagine someone can submit to someone like him. He should play with the situation, it is already confusing and suspicious with all that happens. Hopefully meeting the King can give him some light.

The woman looked at him in horror "That is not how things work here. We should guide you with everything, young master" bowed the ladies. He looks at them awkwardly, rubs his nape and tries to convince them to leave the room. After a few minutes, they did not even budge.

"Seriously!" yelled Apo frustratingly. Then one idea came to him. "You said His Majesty ordered all of you to be under my order too? Am I right?" said Apo with a little authority.

"That right, young master" said the lady

"Then, I ordered you to wait outside until I'm readily prepared," said Apo.

"Young master-" she looked at him, worried.

"You'll be in the King's wrath if you don't follow the order" threaten him. All the ladies went rigid and left the room immediately. He himself was taken aback by this, it worked.

Apo gets up immediately as he is afraid the ladies will change their mind. He finds the bathroom attached to the room. The bathroom is equally big and luxurious as the bedroom. He thought that he could sleep inside this bathroom, it's insane. Quickly washed up and wore the clothes that they left him, again it was silk and creamy in colour. It suits him, contrasting with his tan skin and coal black hair. As a que, the ladies opened the door and dragged him onto the seat in front of the mirror, they dried and styled his hair. He looks even more presentable than before. His appearance now looks like he belongs here, but deep down he was uncomfortable with all this. If he can, he wants to run but he notices when the maid went inside this room. There were two guards guarding his door. So running is not the option. He needs to face this.

He misses Jeff, Job and Bas. Their quarrel during the day. Pushing each other so they can use the bathroom first. Hear Job's fun story when he was training. Bas is a bit shy with him but he feels that he too wants affection, And Jeff, his present that soothes him. It feels like he gains a brother in this friendship. He frowned and looked at his bitter expression in the mirror. He needs to survive this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 187 2
Kinn and Porsche would celebrate their one year relationship tonight. And while the first one had apparently found the perfect gift for him, Porsche...
90.8K 3.3K 31
Porsche comes back home after two years in America. He goes back to school but encounters the egocentric Kinn, the cousin of a friend whom he met in...
21.1K 893 14
some times the start is not pretty good but when two souls falls for each other ,breaking all the restrictions of the world.. which stops you from lo...
59.1K 2.9K 37
Kinn ❤️ Porsche love story ????????????......