The Make-Up Artist | J- Hope

By MikrokosmosLove

In a twist of fate, Y/N finds herself stepping into the shoes of Hoseok's previous makeup artist, only to be... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Final Chapter ๐Ÿ”ž

Chapter Fourteen

123 7 0
By MikrokosmosLove

Having reached the rooftop of the building, you close your eyes and take a deep inhale, relishing in the momentary respite from the chaos below. The cool breeze rustles your hair as you try to steady your racing thoughts.

You play the scene over and over again, the vivid images etching themselves deeper into your mind. Humiliation washes over you, making your cheeks burn as a salty tear slides down your face. With trembling hands, you wipe it away, the moisture leaving a damp trail on your skin.

The way Soomin had spoken to you echoes in your ears, her words cutting like a thousand tiny daggers. 

The disdain in her voice as she treated you like trash still lingers, fuelling the ache in your chest. And then there was her brazen sharing of her night with Hoseok, a blatant display of their intimacy that felt like a cruel twist of fate.

You clutch at your chest, as if to physically hold your heart together. The pain radiates through your fingertips, a tangible reminder of your own vulnerability. How foolish it feels to be drowning in these emotions, knowing deep down that you never truly had a claim on him in the first place.

"Ugh," you mutter, frustration dripping from your voice. The sound escapes your lips like a whispered plea, a futile attempt to ease the turmoil within.

Your mind becomes a battleground, thoughts clashing back and forth in a relentless war. Wasn't this what you wanted? To break free from the shackles of this absurd crush and forge a path towards healing?

But as the voices in your mind bicker, a realization dawns upon you. You can't escape the fact that you hold some responsibility for this heartache.

 He was an idol, adored by many, while you remained a mere makeup artist. The discrepancy between your worlds looms like an insurmountable barrier, reminding you of the futility of your desires.

 Yet, your mind viciously reminds you of his anger over your kiss with Woo-sik, exposing the double standard at play.

Meanwhile, Hoseok's face contorts with anger, his eyes blazing with intensity. Fuelled by frustration, he confronts Soomin, his voice laced with a raw edge.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" he seethes, his words slicing through the air like shards of ice.

Soomin's response is laced with a nonchalant air, as if she were merely discussing the weather. She feigns innocence, her voice dripping with casual disregard. "What do you mean? I'm just returning your earphones."

Hoseok's patience wears thin, his tone simmering with suppressed fury. "You know exactly what I mean. She probably thinks we slept together!"

With a dismissive wave of her hand, Soomin belittles his concerns, her voice dripping with indifference. "Chill, would you? What's got your panties in such a twist? So what if she thinks that? She needs a reality check for losing a catch like you to that director."

Hoseok's frustration ignites into a roaring flame, his voice crackling with a mix of disappointment and urgency. "Soomin! It was all a misunderstanding!"

Her face falls, the realization hitting her like a crashing wave. "What?"

"Woo-Sik took advantage of her," Hoseok reveals, his voice softer now, filled with a deep-seated sadness. "She thought it was a business meeting, but he deceived her."

Soomin's scepticism takes hold, her brows furrowing as she questions the truth. "Oh... are you sure, though?"

Hoseok's gaze meets hers, unwavering and resolute. "Yes."

A pang of remorse tugs at Soomin's heart, her voice tinged with regret. "Shit, sorry. Seriously, you two need to talk."

"It's not that simple, and you know it," Hoseok retorts, his frustration still simmering beneath the surface. He rises abruptly from his chair, the screech of wood against the floor echoing his determination. "Next time, can you just stay out of my business, for God's sake?"

Without sparing another glance, he storms out of the room, his footsteps resonating with purpose. 

--

You press your hand against your face, gently patting it dry, determined to compose yourself. You had been gone for longer than expected, and you couldn't afford to let your emotions interfere with your professionalism. Your job always took precedence.

Turning around, you start to head back towards the door, only to be met with the sight of Hoseok standing there, watching you intently. Your heart skips a beat, but you quickly school your features into a mask of composure.

He takes in your face, his gaze lingering on the traces of redness and puffiness around your eyes. Concern tinges his voice as he speaks your name softly, "Y/N..."

You force a bright tone into your voice, not daring to meet his gaze. "Let's get your makeup finished."

But he doesn't let it go. His worry evident, he bites his lip and asks, "Have you been crying?"

Quickly, you deflect, not ready to expose your vulnerability to him. "No, I just got an eyelash stuck in my eye," you lie, your eyes focused on anything but his face.

Unwilling to let the matter rest, Hoseok's voice holds a note of command as he insists, "Y/N, look at me." He waits patiently, giving you a moment to collect your emotions before meeting his gaze. "What Soomin said - "he begins, you hold up your hand.

"You have nothing to explain," you interject, your voice firm. "I'm just your makeup artist."

The frustration in Hoseok's features becomes apparent as his brows knit together. "Stop saying that," he insists.

"Why? It's the truth," you shrug, maintaining your defensive stance.

Hoseok's voice softens, an undercurrent of sincerity lacing his words. "You're not just my makeup artist... I care about you."

A sharp retort escapes your lips, laced with bitterness. "I don't think Soomin would appreciate that."

He lets out an exasperated sigh, dragging his hand down his face. The frustration directed towards Soomin is palpable in his expression. "I didn't sleep with her," he states firmly, attempting to clarify the misunderstanding.

"That's not what it seemed like," you respond, looking away from him, unwilling to meet his gaze.

Hoseok's voice carries a hint of urgency as he tries to explain. "Look, she's just a friend. After I left the restaurant, I bumped into Soomin. She invited me back to her place to help her with learning choreography."

You scoff, rolling your eyes at his explanation, still feeling a mix of disbelief and hurt.

Hoseok lets out a chuckle, causing your irritation to intensify. "What? What's so funny, Jung Hoseok?" you demand, narrowing your eyes in annoyance.

His smirk grew, a playful glimmer in his eyes as he closed the distance between you once again. "Why are you getting so mad about it, hmm?" he questioned, his eyebrow arching in teasing curiosity.

You struggled to find a response, your heart pounding in your chest, caught off guard by the intensity of his presence. 

"She was rude to me! I don't like her!" you blurted out, frustration and longing intermingling in your voice.

Agreeing with a nod, Hoseok's gaze intensified as he stared into your eyes, making it difficult for you to look away. 

He spoke with a low, velvety voice that sent shivers down your spine. "True, but she..." he paused, his voice trailing off as he searched for the right words.

A pregnant pause lingered in the air, charged with unspoken desire and unexplored possibilities. Your eyes locked, your breathing growing shallow as you waited for him to continue. "What is this between us?" 

Your sass takes hold as you reply, "Oxygen." The defiance in your voice is clear, refusing to let him see your vulnerability.

Hoseok shakes his head, amusement dancing in his eyes. "Just admit it." He takes a deliberate step forward, his presence making you instinctively step back, feeling like prey being hunted.

"Admit what?" you say, crossing your arms defensively.

"That you want me, just as much as I want you," he declares, his voice brimming with conviction and desire, his words hanging in the charged atmosphere.

Your heart hammered against your chest, caught in a battle between pride and surrender. The temptation to give in to the pulsating chemistry between you both grew with every passing second.

But the stubborn, defiant part of you refused to cave, clinging to the remnants of professionalism. "I don't," you replied, your voice tinged with a mix of flustered defiance.

A mischievous glimmer danced in Hoseok's eyes as he challenged you further, stepping forward until he loomed over you, his presence overpowering. "So what was that at the launch party?" he countered, his voice filled with quiet certainty.

Your façade wavered, your eyes darting away briefly before you feigned indifference, inspecting your nails. "Nothing. I don't know what you're talking about," you retorted, your voice betraying your growing vulnerability.

Hoseok closed the remaining distance between you, his eyes never leaving yours, his gaze filled with unwavering determination. "Liar," he whispered, his voice a seductive caress against your lips.

Before you could protest or summon any words of denial, he leaned in, capturing your lips in a gentle, yet electrifying kiss. A surge of warmth and longing washed over you, erasing any doubts or reservations.

In that stolen moment, time stood still as your bodies intertwined, your lips moving in a dance that conveyed unspoken desires and smouldering passion. Sparks ignited, consuming every inch of your being.

But just as the intensity peaked, a voice shattered the enchanting spell. "Hoseok!" Namjoon's voice echoed through the door , piercing the bubble of intimacy.

Your hand flew to your mouth, eyes wide with shock and embarrassment. Panic surged through you, and you pushed Hoseok away, gasping for air, desperately trying to regain composure.

"Oh my god. No, no, no! I am your makeup artist. I do NOT have feelings for you," you stammered, your voice filled with desperation, before hastily retreating, your face flushed with a mixture of arousal and shame.

"Why is everyone going around kissing me?!" your voice echoed down the hallway as you rushed back to your makeup station.

Hoseok followed at a slower pace, a smirk playing on his lips, knowing that despite your denials, you had kissed him back. The lingering taste of your lips fuelled his determination to win you over.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 5.3K 34
โWe're like the sun and the moon.. never there at the same time..โž A J-Hope biased Korean stranger befriends you online. And, struggling with differe...
26.5K 925 26
Hoseok messages a wrong number thinking it's his Hyung but it's a girl named, Y/N. They start getting to know each other. Y/N starts forming feelings...
3.2K 306 25
He closed his eyes and leaned in. You watched him and went rigid. You squeezed your eyes shut, waiting for the kiss. But it didn't happen. When you o...
19.3K 1.4K 23
What will happen when, taehyung a medical student and hoseok a sheltered stubborn boy with possibly the worst family ever-get forcefully married to e...