Pride and fire

By AnnStillWrites

Soon to be added More

Teams
1. Tamao's vision
2. Up The Snowy Mountain
3. Lovers quarrel
4. The Burden Of The Asakura Name
5.Nichrome's pledge
6. Lyzerg's betrayal
7. I am no damsel if that ain't clear
8. The amorous princess vs Basil
9. Eternal Devotion vS Eternal Allure
10.How It All Being
11.The Chains Of Ones Heart
Fun Memories with the characters
Art page
Ship Wars
12. Jeana Vs Lulu
14. My passion

13. No One Gets Left Behind

31 0 0
By AnnStillWrites

" Then let's find her a new ghost! "  Uma clenched her fist," we came together all this way, we can't leave her behind." "

____________________

        That morning the apartment complex that hosted most  shamans in Dobi village was quake by a loud bang. It wasn't your ordinary closed Jn western Europe apartments but a series of rooms with a common exit to a balcony that descended on a stair to the open concept lobby.

        Around  6:00 in the morning  an earthquake shatter the upper side where the girls were hosted. In a panic both alpha and beta rushed on the hallway only to see Romina with her medium gun pointed against Hao's neck.

       They and a few other bystanders gasp loudly freezing on the door. Hao looked different, in a good way, he wasn't wearing his normal poncho and lego pants/gloves but a more civil outfit made out of simple black pants, black shoes and a button-up white shirt with his bangs in a low tail. He wasn't intimidated by the o.s. he actually seem to ignore the cold feeling against his skin.

" Ah, Lulu!" he waved wanting to take a step closer to only to be stopped by Romina who load her gun.

" Don't ya dare ya smuck! I kno'w yer game and I am not going to let ya hurt anyone here!"

He pushed the tip of her medium with his pointer finger.

" If I wanted to hurt anyone I would have done so by now. " he smiled walking till he was face to face with team alpha who shared the same spot next to the stair rails.

" Ah, Lulu there you are! I was looking for you."

Lusamin pushed her team behind her shielding them from him.

" Is that so?" she strengthen her back," How may I be of assistance mr.Asakura?"

" Well you see,  I was hoping you can join me for coffee this morning."

Minka chock on her own saliva. 

"Me and you?Coffe? As in a date?" she repeats the words of the young man in front of her while biting her inner cheek.

" Well, yes, I saved you twice I believe I deserve a thank-you. " the fire shaman smiled calmly resting his hand on the edge of the door frame.

She crossed her arms to her chest.

" How many times did you save me, Hao?"

" Once, because the first time you've saved me and that's how you broke your leg. "

" You saved him!?" it was the turn of the Indian to talk from the already perplexed crowd of girls who woke up with the gunshot that morning. 

" I do suppose you're right. I shouldn't take your kindness for granted. You had no obligation to help me."

" So it's a yes?"

" Don't get too cocky, I didn't say that. "

" Then?"

" How about an outing instead?  I don't sell myself short and both my presence and respect are not up for bargain but rather a prize you must work to earn."

" What do you have in mind?" he asked curiously.

" Well, I was always fascinated by astrology, you are well-documented in the topic and the stars did shift from 500 years ago. How about we meet around 19:00 in the desert and you teach me about the constellations? But I must be home by 22:00 as Uma gets worried."

Hao grabs her hand intertwining their fingers.

" Sounds lovely, I would be more than happy to share my knowledge with you."

" I shall see you around 19:00 then. Good day to you, mr.Asakura."

" Good day to you ladies." he walked away giving Romina one last smirk.

Lusamin walks to her.

" Did he hurt you, dear?"

" No!" Romina puffed her checks" , bec'use he knew I would kick 'is ass!"

" Glad you're safe," she put a hand on her shoulder," You were very brave protecting everyone here. I am proud of you."

Romina's face flushed a bright pink against her tanner complexion. She, like most of her team were somewhat deprived of affection in their life, and being praised by someone as strong as Lusamin, whom they all look up to, was sort of a big deal. They were friends but despite being the youngest she was more like a big sister to them all.

" Thank you ohimesama, are you going to meet alone with that creep?"

" I made a promise, you all know that lies aren't reasonable. Besides, I can stand up to him."

" But what if it's a trap and he hurts you ohimesama?!" Minka gasps loudly rushing to embrace her. " Miyu will be destroyed!"

    Miyu Tao, their best friend, was still in the hospital recovering from the dispute with the X-law and their delusional leader. It was unknown what happened with her yokai, who turned out to be the sister she desperately looked for, but until the girl woke up it was hard to tell.

" We should prepare to go visit Miyu," Tessa pointed out since they hadn't seen the girl in almost two days.

It wasn't that they didn't want to, but Len started a big scandal that the whole X-law incident wouldn't have happened if Miyu had been home as he instructed and the matter turned into a private problem of the Tao dynasty,  with the reminder that Miyu, once of age, must birth an heir to Len's bloodline.

They had at least 7 more years for that to happen but the boy didn't want to listen to reason and demanded that they all leave for him and Miyu to converse with Tao family heads and decide her fate. Which, despite their refusal was also Miyu's wish, and she asked her friends to listen to Len.

Her fate as of right now was known to them, and now they meet with another bombshell.

" Do you think Len will ask her to leave?" Minka squeezed Tessa's palm, the Tennessee girl put on her a sad smile.

" That might happen nevertheless if she has no guardian, the patch might eliminate her. "

" Then let's find her a new ghost! "  Uma clenched her fist," we came together all this way, we can't leave her behind."

" I agree," Lulu joined them," there are tons of ancient spirits in the valley near Dobi, we will surely find one. "

" No one gets left behind, let's go then!

__________________

" I too was a nobody until I put on the mask," Taro smirked at his comrade as he gazed at the golden mask, it was a plain, golden gloss with no expression. Between the hunters, it is the symbolism of status. That he was among the few high enough to call themselves "mighty". He didn't care about it much, he wanted that status just to be on Cassilda's level, his beauty.

Taro once wore the mask as well, but he lost that privilege.  Not that it affected him, he was zealous as always.

" Are you worried, my golden child?" Taro somewhat mocked, rolling one of his hair bangs behind his ear. His smirk reached his ears," Stressed you'll disappoint your muse?"

" Of course not," Hiro put the mask on," I just can't believe it's over. We finally found him. It's been years."

" You'll let her get the kill, won't you? You people are no fun."

" This isn't about fun, Taro. It's about saving humans ."

" I am aware." he smirked," Perhaps once it's over you two can settle. "

" We are barely 16." Hiro rolled his eyes," we have work to do. "

" As you wish." he turned then stopped for a brief moment, their backs facing each other. " Why did you hide that you two are a couple from me?"

" Because of the past."

He despite Taro but had enough regard to answer him. The hazelnut haired boy smirk uttering,

" Well, the past dies in front of tomorrow. "

before departing.

_____________________

" Well, this is nice," the Japanese girl floated on the petals of her o.s. landing with a gracious click on the cold desert rock.

Hao was sitting down, his back facing her glaring at the sky above where millions of stars flashed back at him. He knew them all, from 500 years ago and only now noticed small imperfections into them. They indeed shifted.

" Join me," he offered his hand helping her to sit down," the desert can be quite cold at night despite burning during the day, here you go."

He warped his poncho around her slim shoulders protecting her from the cold. Lusamin pouts, she just returned the article to him a few days ago after washing it. When Miyu was rescued Hao gave her the cloth to shield herself and got blood all over it. Hao might not be a good dude but it felt wrong to mess with his possessions, so she ironed and washed it before going to his camp to give it back.

Hannah was a bit hostile but said that she does appreciate the gesture. Even now Lusamin could smell the faint lemon and lily scent on it.

" Thank you, but won't you be cold?"

He laughs.

" I am a fire user."

" Oh, I forgot." she changed the subject," What will you teach me, Hao?"

" Let's start with the basics, the word “constellation” comes from a Latin term meaning “set with stars.”We know the constellations have been around for centuries, historical records in 4000 B.C., Mesopotamia refer to these bodies of stars. Homer’s epic poem, the Odyssey talks about the constellations, and Eudoxus of Cnidus wrote about 43 constellations, 400 years later."

Her mouth formed an "O" shape.

The fire shaman pointed with his gloved hand at the night sky, Lusamin followed it curiously.

" The stars are broken up into groups. The 21 Northern Constellations are; Andromeda, Aquila, Auriga, Boötes, Cassiopeia, Cepheus, Corona Borealis, Cygnus, Delphinus, Draco, Equuleus, Hercules, Lyra, Ophiuchus, Pegasus, Perseus, Sagitta, Serpens, Triangulum, Ursa Major and Ursa Minor."

" That numerous? Wasn't it just a zodiac thing?"

He laughs.

"Not everyone can see all the constellations – it depends on where you are in the world. In addition, the season of the year also plays a role in what constellations can be seen."

" Really? So, while we stay here there are still stars and constellations we can't see. " she pressed her finger against her lip," that's sad. "

" Yes Lulu, for example, Hydra is the largest constellation by area which takes up 3.16% of the sky. The smallest constellation is Crux. It only takes up 0.17 percent of the sky."

" Nee, Hao. If you were alive 500 years ago, and you didn't have modern technology how did people of that time understand stars?"

" Before fancy telescopes, navigational equipment on seafaring ships, the stars were used to pinpoint their locations; Polaris  and Ursa Minor were used to figure out latitude by how high Polaris was in the sky. Also, farmers use them, in some areas the changing of seasons was so subtle that the farmers depended on the stars to know when it was time to plant and when the time was right to harvest. "

For a moment time stood still, the two looking at each other with warm smiles and then their bells rang. They look at each other, then at oracle bells then back at each other.

" Team star," he started the sentence only for her to finish it.

" Vs team alpha. "

A few hundred of seconds of silence only accompanied by the winds.

" I should go, it's late. "

" I will fly you there," he offered, she denied her head.

" That won't be necessary, thank you for tonight. "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 549 26
In a world where angels and devils can become guardians of humans...
24 1 1
will come later with cover
1.9K 88 10
A yandere demon Slayer var! X reader "fuck the french"
175K 4.7K 18
It all started after Chat started visiting Marinette after the Evillustator attack. Just in those few visits, he begins to fall for the raven haired...