Marvel Heroes React To.... Sp...

By StupidandDumpy

Superheroes from multiple universes are brought into a theater, where they see the events of the Spider-Man g... More

The Fisk Takedown
Aunt May's Party and The Demons
Jefferson Davis, New York's Best Cop
City Hall
Sable International
Martin Li's Office
Dinner
Standish
Oscorp Tower and Sable Again and More Standish Oh My

Shocker and More Demons

1.2K 20 6
By StupidandDumpy

[Spidey calls Yuri.]

Spider-Man: Hey it's me. What's with the units heading down third?

Yuri Watanabe: Looks like our old friend Herman Schultz is at it again.

Spider-Man: Shocker. Didn't he just get paroled?

Yuri Watanabe: Yeah, well, guess it didn't take.

Spider-Man: No worries-- Herman's just a big cupcake. I'll have him back in Ryker's by bedtime. (he hung up) Just had dinner with my ex after saving her from masked criminals... and now I'm gonna go beat up a maniac who uses shock waves to rob people. What a perfectly normal life you have, Peter Parker.

[Spidey got a call from Dr. Octavius.]

Otto: Peter, I just want to make sure you haven't left any equipment you've built for your... friend... around the lab. It's no bother to me, but if the grant committee stops by again --

Spider-Man: Don't worry. Doc. I make a point not to leave anything there. But I know my "friend" appreciates you looking out for him. There's a lot of people who don't like him very much.

Otto: That buffoon Jameson and his audience of sheep? Please.

Otto: The people who do great things in this world are those who don't let bullies like him stand in their way. People like us!

Spider-Man: You said a mouthful, Doc. Take care.

"Why didn't he decide to take care?" Peter mumbled

[Spidey arrives at the scene of the robbery.]

Spider-Man: Hi, Herman.

Shocker: Seriously? Grr... (runs) Give it up. You're never gonna catch me.

Spider-Man: That's what you said last time.

Shocker: I don't wanna hurt you, it'll just slow me down.

"Feeling the love, Herman."

Spider-Man: Wow, that's... considerate. What's the money for, Herman?

Shocker: Why do you care?

Spider-Man: Actually, I don't. Just trying to make polite conversation...

Shocker: I'm done talking.

Spider-Man: But this could be so much more rewarding if we connected on an emotional level...

"Yeah, right."

Spider-Man: Wait, I forgot, you don't have any emotions. (he catches Shocker) Gotcha. Now let's talk.

Shocker: I said I'm...DONE...TALKING!

Spider-Man: Noted.

"He sure seems polite."

"I know, Herman is a polite young man."

"I was being sarcastic."

"But he can be."

"Like when?"

"One day in the future hopefully."

Spider-Man: Honestly Herman, why are you robbing again? You know the police are watching your every move. I mean, we all know you're kinda dumb, but I didn't think you were this dumb. You must be desperate. Which means you're not just stealing for yourself. You must be working with someone. Or for someone... You can tell me who it is now, or make me punch it out of you later. Your choice!

Shocker: I've said enough.

[Spidey defeats Shocker.]

Spider-Man: You know what Herman, you have like zero personality... but your suit is awesome. Can we talk design details? Maybe later.

"He still hasn't shared any type of details for his suit."

"Bummer, that would've looked awesome!" Miles said

"I know buddy, it would've." Peter said, pretending to cry

Yuri Watanabe: Good work, Spider-Man. Did you learn anything about his motive?

Spider-Man: I tried. But he's not very talkative. Plus, I think he hates me.

Yuri Watanabe: You have that effect on a lot of people.

"I wouldn't say a LOT of people but-"

"No, you do." Mary Jane interrupted.

"Do I have the effect on you?

"Sometimes."

Spider-Man: But you love me, right Yuri?

Yuri Watanabe: I tolerate you.

Spider-Man: Wow. That might be the nicest thing you've ever said to me.

"That's kinda sad."

Spider-Man: Looks like I got some free time. Maybe now's a good time to look into that mask.

[His phone ringing.]

Spider-Man: Oh. It's MJ. Hey MJ. You're up late.

MJ: Just catching up on the news-- looks like you had quite an adventure with Shocker tonight.

Spider-Man: Yeah, he was unusually combative. Anyway, thanks again for dinner, what do I owe you?

MJ: How about a favour? You still have that mask from the gallery?

Spider-Man: Yeah. I'm actually on my way to the F.E.A.S.T. Center now to ask Martin Li about it.

Miles and Peter started grinning.

"Why are you two smiling?" Wanda asked, normally she would read their minds, but she wanted to find out

"You'll find out. It's ironic."

"I still hate him." Miles whispered to Peter

"It'd be hard not to, he affected your family quite hard." Peter whispered back, intentionally not bringing up the fact that he killed Miles' dad

MJ: Martin Li? Why?

Spider-Man: He has a degree in Art History. If anyone knows about the origins of that mask, he will.

"He sure does." Mary Jane said to Peter

MJ: Just keep me in the loop. Like I said. I think there's a bigger story here. And I plan to be the one to break it.

Spider-Man: Uh, sure. So I can call you, like whenever?

MJ: Yeah. Whenever, whatever.

Spider-Man: So I guess we're talking again. Cool. Almost morning. Mr. Li will be here soon. I could use a snack...

"Why are you always hungry?" Mary Jane asked Peter

"Enhanced metabolism."

[Later at F.E.A.S.T. Center.]

Martin Li: Peter! What can I do for you?

Peter: Sorry to bother you, Mr. Li... She's doing a story about art imports, and she found this piece... and she wanted an expert opinion on it, and I know you have a degree --

Martin Li: Let's see what you have. Interesting. Where did she find it...? A replica of an antique Chinese opera mask. I haven't seen one in years. This symbol here roughly translates to "Demon."

Peter: "Demon"?

Martin Li: My father read me ghost stories with that mask and symbol in it when I was young. Scared the hell out of me. Peter, listen. That mask, it's... It could be connected to dangerous people. Mary Jane might want to find a different story.

"Not happening, bud."

Peter: You think she's in trouble?

Martin Li: I don't know. Why take the risk?

[Peter leave and call MJ.]

MJ: Hey.

Peter: The symbol inside the mask means "Demon." It really spooked Mr. Li. Never seen him like that. He even said you should drop the story.

"Now that I know the real reason he wanted me to stop, I would've done the story five more times."

MJ: Fat chance. Do you think Mr. Li knows more than he's letting on?

Peter: No. I think he just had a weird flashback or something. I know his childhood was pretty traumatic...

"Oh Peter...how wrong you were."

Wanda couldn't take it anymore and read Peter's, Miles', and Mary Jane's mind.

She saw Martin Li setting off a bomb, killing many people. 

She saw Miles' dad killed in front of him.

She saw Otto Octavius releasing a virus.

She saw Aunt May day right in front of Peter.

Wanda fell to the floor crying. Everyone looked at her.

"Wanda, are you okay?" Bruce asked

Wanda didn't answer and instead went up and sat next to Peter and his friends.

"I'm so sorry for all of your losses."

"How did you know?" Mary Jane said

"I read your mind."

"Oh, that's....kinda creepy, but thanks for sending your condolences."

"You can sit with us for the rest of the....movie? I guess. If you want." Miles offered

"Sure."

Seating 

Row 1:  Peter, Mary Jane, Wanda, Miles

Row 2: Empty seat, empty seat, Bruce, empty seat

Row 3: Empty seat, Tony, Natasha, empty seat

MJ: Yeah, makes sense. Demons, huh? Catchy name. Okay, gotta get writing. See you soon.

Peter: Well, that went about as well as I could've hoped...

[Next scene Spidey swings around the city and get a call from Aunt May.]

Aunt May: Peter. Mr. Li spoke to me... he seemed worried. Are you into something dangerous?

Spider-Man: Oh, it's just a story Mary Jane's investigating. Don't worry. I'll make sure she's careful.

Aunt May: Please tell me you two are back together.

"We sure are." Peter said, holding Mary Jane's hand

Spider-Man: We're talking again. Baby steps. I hope I didn't upset Mr. Li.

"Peter, I knew you were excited to see me again, but I didn't think that you were already trying to get back with me again."

"It worked, though."

"I guess."

Aunt May: He's just concerned. I was actually touched by how concerned. I knew he liked you - he admires how dedicated you are to helping others. I think you remind him of himself when he was younger. Both orphans, both so smart...

"You're an orphan?" Tony asked

"Yeah."

"Nat, Wanda, and I are too!"

"Huh...cool. I guess."

Spider-Man: Well the admiration's mutual. You've got a good boss, May.

"I take that back." Peter said to Mary Jane, Miles, and Wanda

Aunt May: I'll tell him you said so. Love you, Peter.

[Spidey got a call from Otto Octavius.]

Spider-Man: Hello?

Otto: Peter, it's Doctor Octavius.

Spider-Man: Oh, hey, what's up?

Otto: Lance Corporal Texidor is here for a fitting.

Spider-Man: I totally forgot! I mean. I didn't forget-forget, I just... Uh. I'll be there soon.

Otto: This tardiness is starting to become a pattern. Come on, Parker. You're better than this.

Spider-Man: Ugh, he's right. How did I lose track of time? Grr...

"Woah, calm down there, Petey boy." Nat said

"First I get mad at Tony for calling me Pete, but that's crossing the line.

"Do I need permission?"

"Yes, and no one's allowed to call me that."

"Fine, Petey Boy."

Peter sighed in defeat before continuing to watch his past.

[Spidey go back to the lab.]

Veteran: How does it work?

Otto: Just like a natural arm. You think of what you want it to do, and...!

Peter: Yes!! Hey! (some people enter the room) Hey! Wh-what do you think you're doing?

City Worker: This site's been declared a safety hazard.

[The people trying to power off lab's devices.]

Otto: Stop that right now! This is highly sensitive equipment. That's it, I'm calling the mayor's office directly!

Norman Osborn: Peter Parker! How the hell are you.

"Aah! Where did he come from?"

"Hell."

Otto: Speak of the Devil.

"Told ya."

Peter: Mr. Osborn, what –

Norman: Oh please. How long have we known each other? It's "Mr. Mayor." It's Norman. Norman!

Otto: Norman, what do you think you're doing?

Norman: The grant agreement you signed has strict safety provisions. This isn't your first violation.

Otto: Those were excused --

Norman: By me. We should have confiscated this equipment long ago.

Otto: But, but I've had a breakthrough --

Norman: (to veteran) Thank you for your great service to our country. These folks will escort you to Oscorp Robotics, where you'll receive the latest in prosthetics, no charge.

Otto: This isn't about safety infractions, is it?

Norman: I'm trying to help you. Otto. You're free to continue your work... in a secure environment.

Otto: At Oscorp.

Norman: You always were the smartest guy in the room.

Otto: You haven't changed a bit.

Norman: Neither have you. Hey Peter. Harry will be coming back from Europe early next year. Maybe the two of you can start that business you always talked about. This is opportunity knocking.

Peter: (to Otto) Easy. They didn't take everything. Maybe we can start over --

Otto: Peter... there's no "we." Without the grant from the city, I can no longer pay you. I need some time to think. If I were you... I'd look for a new job.

"That sucks."

[Next scene. Spidey swings around the city. He gets a call from Yuri.]

Yuri Watanabe: Spider-Man. Shocker has escaped. And now he's robbing a bank on East Thirty-First.

Spider-Man: What happened? I thought he was behind bars?

Yuri Watanabe: He was.

Yuri Watanabe: But one of the guards just walked up to his cell and released him, then gave him his suit back.

"Employee of the month." Tony joked

Spider-Man: I knew Shocker was working for someone. What'd you get out of the guard?

Yuri Watanabe: Wish I could ask him, but he's dead. Whoever made him release Shocker didn't want any loose ends.

Spider-Man: Damn.

Yuri Watanabe: Looking at the security footage, the guard was in some kind of trance. And it might have been the lighting, but it looked like his eyes were glowing.

"Oh.....I take that back."

Spider-Man: Well that's creepy. Okay. I'll see what I can get out of Shocker when I get to the bank.

[Spidey face Shocker at the bank.]

Spider-Man: Herman! Long time no see. Hey I'm no lawyer, but uhh... I'm pretty sure that's a parole violation. Oops, guess we're stuck in here for a while. Wanna play twenty questions? No? How about we thumb-wrestle? Okay. Face-punch it is... Whoa! Your gauntlets are all digital now, aren't they?

"Jesus, do you ever work on your jokes." Bruce asked

"They don't need to be worked on."

Shocker: RHAAAAAHHHH! DIE!

"I thought he didn't want to hurt you?"

"Well, he changed his mind, I guess."

Spider-Man: Remember our first fight? Me, so young and stupid. You, just stupid.

"I have to give you props for that one." Miles said

Shocker: You talk too much.

"He sure does."

"HEY!"

Spider-Man: Well, that's a matter of opinion. I mean, are there any standard metrics for how much talking one should do? And who determines the ideal ratio of talking versus not-talking? Also, how would you measure it? Words per minute? Syllables per second? Or is it more about how many words one uses to express a single thought? It's all so subjective... If you ask me, some people don't talk enough. Like about who their mysterious overlord is the person they're working for, that kind of thing. Okay, now I can do some real damage. Why are you doing this, Herman?

Shocker: Because if I don't, they'll kill me!

"Oooh, drama!"

Spider-Man: Comin' your way! If you come clean, I can help you.

Shocker: You really want to help me? Just let me have the money.

Spider-Man: Sorry, not gonna happen. You know, people don't use banks anymore. You're lucky you found actual cash. If you really want to rob banks... Try day trading. It's all the rage. Oh-- wait, wait, wait, wait... oh no! Aw, come on. Herman... If you tell me who you're working for. I can help you cut a deal.

Shocker: If I talk-- I'm dead. They made that very clear.

Spider-Man: Catch! You're freaking me out, Herman. It's not like you to be afraid of people.

Shocker: Not even sure these guys are people. Could be anything under those masks...

"Something tells me those are the Demon guys."

"They are."

Spider-Man: Wait. Did you say *masks*? These mask guys, what do they want the money for?

Shocker: Don't know, don't care. Soon as I finish the job. I'm gone.

Spider-Man: This one's gonna hurt!

Shocker: Stand still!

Spider-Man: If you ask nicely. MAYBE. Okay, catch this one with your face! Give up now and we can protect you.

Shocker: No way. You ain't seen what I seen. What the --. You son of a --

Spider-Man: Okay, last chance to give up. This time I *really* mean it.

Shocker: Quit moving!

Spider-Man: Okay. I was kidding before.

Spider-Man: NOW is your last-last chance. Seriously. Sorry, Herman. (he hits Shocker with a  chandelier) You brought this on yourself... literally.

"Work on your threats, are you just gonna keep saying 'last chance' or not?"

"Fine, I'll say 'third last chance' better?"

"Not really."

[Spidey leaves the bank.]

Spider-Man: Man, he was scared, and desperate. These demons are everywhere all of a sudden... Okay Yuri. Shocker's all yours now.

Yuri Watanabe: Good work. We have a special cell waiting for him at the RAFT. We'll make sure he stays behind bars this time.

Spider-Man: Also. I'm pretty sure he was working for the demon gang.

Yuri Watanabe: Demon gang? Sounds like a Daily Bugle headline.

Spider-Man: The Bugle is a perfectly fine news organization...

Yuri Watanabe: Not sure I'd call it "news."

Spider-Man: Well. I've heard they have some really good reporters. Anyway, have you had any more reports on demon... er... guys with masks?

Yuri Watanabe: Let me get back to you. By the way, how much of a mess did you make inside that bank?

Spider-Man: You probably don't want to know.

"She'll find out."

"She always does."

Yuri Watanabe: Ugh. Shouldn't have asked...

Spider-Man: Fight with Shocker took a while. Time to catch up on what I've been missing out in the city. Doc left a message...

[He checks his voicemail.]

Otto: Peter. I might have been a bit hasty advising you to find another job. I have a plan. Give me a bit of time... we may yet live to invent another day!

Spider-Man: The indomitable Otto Octavius. That's great news - hope his plan works.

"It did." Peter whispered

This time, everyone heard it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 240 19
This is exactly what the title says. Updates are super random but the longest wait is probably two weeks. #Everything belongs to their respective com...
5K 203 51
Oneshots of your favorite MCU characters!
426 3 6
"I love you. I need you in my life. I need you in my life. You help me become a better man," he said, leaning back. "No Tony, you make yourself a bet...
256K 4.8K 111
PLEASE READ I'd just like to say yes I've already done two MCU stories with a third one in progress. But I really wanted to do another one as I've h...