England's Bloody Rose

By Flytrap4534

Lydia Euphemia Potter. Daughter of Fleamont and Euphemia Potter. Heiress of the Potter fortune. One of the gr... More

Prologue
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #1
Flashbacks Chapter #1
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #2
Flashbacks Part #2
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #3
Flashbacks Chapter #3
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #4
Flashbacks Chapter #4
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #5
Flashbacks Chapter #5
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #6
Flashbacks Chapter #6
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #7
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #8
Flashbacks Chapter #8
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #9
Flashbacks Chapter #9
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #10
Flashbacks Chapter #10
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #11
Flashbacks Chapter #11
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #12
Flashbacks Chapter #12
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #13
Flashbacks Chapter #13
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #14
Flashbacks Chapter #14
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #15
Flashbacks Chapter #15
Mid Story Character Guide:
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #16
Flashbacks Chapter #16
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #17
Flashbacks Chapter #17
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #18
Flashbacks Chapter #18
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #19
Flashbacks Chapter #19
Iolanthe Potter: Epilogue:
Flashbacks: Epilogue:

Flashbacks Chapter #7

5.5K 180 2
By Flytrap4534

"Sirius!" Lydia is seen scolding, "that's not how you tell over such things?"

"How else should I have said it?" Sirius huffs, "it's really not that big a deal."

"It is a big deal!" Lydia shouted, "look what you did to poor Remus. We waited an entire year, we could've waited five more minutes."

Remus is seen sitting on his bed, pale as a ghost, and in complete and utter shock.

"What is Lupin so afraid of?" someone in the crowd asks.

"What am I going to do?" Remus worriedly whispers to Lydia, "everyone is going to know."

"I don't know Moony," Sirius was worried as well.

"I have an idea," Lydia slowly turned to Remus, "I may be able to modify the fidelius charm with death magic, and protect your secret. It would only appear to those who are in the know, and people could probably use context clues. But it's better than nothing."

"Thank you Prongs," Remus breathed out relieved.

"I'm not sure it'll work though," Lydia scrunched her nose as she concentrated, "so be on edge Siri."

"Got it Prongs," Sirius stood up, and positioned himself in front of Remus.

Lydia begins muttering to herself, trying to get the spell to work. 

"You two know," Remus panics, "how do you know? Why aren't you scared?"

"Seems Lupin has a secret," Snape drawls, "and it seems we'll get to find out."

"Pssh," Sirius laughs, "scared of you? Remus, you fold your socks, polish your bed frame, and cry over transfigurating animals on class. Forgive me if I'm not trembling before you."

"Yeah," Lydia chimes in, "I turn into a monster once a month for a week, and I don't see anyone terrified of me."

"That's because they're too terrified to act terrified," Sirius tells her wisely, "they think you'll get mad if you find out they're scared."

"WHAT?!" Lydia shouts, "Remmy, is it true? Are people scared of me when I'm on my period?!"

"That's what you were talking about?" Lyetta laughed, "that's hilarious."

"Definitely," Remus says, "if you hadn't noticed, only Sirius ever dares to approach you when you're on your period. Everyone knows because you get very hex-happy."

"That's beside the point," Lydia brushes it off, "we're here to talk about you Remus."

Remus becomes quite worried again, having relaxed in the normal banter of Sirius and Lydia.

"Κρατήστε αυτό το σκοτεινό, στρεβλό μυστικό. Απαγόρευσε στις άγνωστες ψυχές να το ανακαλύψουν. Κάντε το να μοιάζει με θολούρα στους αμύητους. Προστατέψτε το μυστικό του λυκάνθρωπου. Κρύψτε τον!"* 

*Keep this dark, twisted secret. Forbid the unknowing souls to discover it. Make it look like a blur to the uninitiated. Protect the werewolf's secret. Hide him.

 Lydia Potter shouted into the hall, great silver light replacing her beautiful, hazel eyes. Dark grey beams of glowing light shoot out, and enter the bodies of most of the hall's occupants.

"What just happened?!" people screamed, glaring at the Potter girl, who was entirely too familiar with the feeling of an entire crowd's contempt.

"That boy's a werewolf?" Fleamont whispered to his daughter in shock, having understood the spell she muttered in death tongue. 

"Yeah," she whispered back, "but he's harmless. Siri and I accompany him in animagus form on the full nights, keep him docile, and he's fine the rest of the month."

"I'll trust you my little heart," Fleamont sighs, "I just hope you know what you're doing."

"There's nothing to be ashamed of," Sirius says, "you just have a furry little problem."

"What does Lupin have?" people shouted, confused, "why is it blurry and soundless?"

"Did they not hear?" Horace asks Albus, "it said furry little problem."

"That must be what Ms. Potter just cast," Flitwick observed, "it's remarkably similar to the fidelius charm. It seems to keep Mr. Lupin's condition secret."

"So they're aware," Poppy Pomfrey said astutely, "perhaps that's the reason behind their becoming animagi. A werewolf is hostile only to humans."

"That's a good point" Minerva McGonagall says, "I'd never thought of that. I wonder how it works."

"You don't care that I'm a werewolf?" Remus asked shocked.

"Of course not," Lydia shakes her head, "we're friends. We're not going to judge you because of a once a month issue."

"In fact," Sirius brags, "we're going to help you."

"Huh?" Remus questions, "There is no cure to a werewolf's bite. What could you possibly do to help?"

"We've been studying to become animagi," Lydia explains gently, "we think it could help. After all, the werewolf is only hostile to humans."

"Why is the film cutting off?" some people in the hall asked, confused.

"Because I charmed it," Lydia Potter rolls her eyes, "it's bad enough private matters of both myself and my future daughter are being revealed, I will not allow Remus to suffer from the same fate."

"Why didn't you do that before?" Regulus asks the Potter witch.

"Because I didn't understand or know what was being shown specifically before. But I know exactly what the secret is, so I was able to cast protective magic over it. I couldn't do it over my own family secret, because death magic can't hide itself."

"Oh," Regulus, clever as always, understood, "makes sense."

"Absolutely not!" Remus shouted, "I will not allow you to do something so illegal for my sake."

Lydia took her glasses off, looked Remus straight in the eye, and said, "Do you think you have a choice in this matter?"

"That's my girl!" Fleamont clapped his daughter on the back, "show him who's boss!"

The scene switches to earlier that year, and Sirius and Lydia are seen sitting in the forbidden forest. The forest was loud, as a huge electrical storm was taking place, and they were each holding a vial in their hands. "You ready Lyds?" Sirius asks softly, as his hair blew all over.

"I was born ready," Lydia smiled, "let's do this." 

The two of them lift their wands, and point them towards their hearts. "Amato Animo Animato Animagus!" they incant softly, and drink the potions. Immediately, the two of the begin thrashing, and their bodies begin to shift.

"Incredible," Professor Dumbledore breathed, "for two 14 year olds to successfully perform an animagus transformation without any guidance."

"I agree," Professor McGonagall was awed, "I was only able to due it with your tutelage, and I was 17 at the time. This is truly a remarkable feat."

"Did it hurt?" Euphemia fusses over her daughter, "I can't believe the two of you did that."

"It felt fiery and hot," Lydia describes, "I felt a second heart beat, and there was a burning picture of my form in my head."

"It was certainly an experience," Sirius adds, and Euphemia immediately begins fussing over him as well.

The shifting ends, and a beautiful, slender gazelle takes Lydia's place. Sirius Black turns into a grim.

"You look stunning," Euphemia kisses her daughter's brow, "and so do you Sirius."

"Why thank you Effie," Sirius bows, "I aim to please."

"So that's why Mortem calls you little grim," Fleamont laughs, "I mean, we saw earlier, but it really only hit now."

Lydia and Sirius, in animagus form, look at each other, before shifting back. "We did it!" Lydia pumps her hand in the air, "I knew we were clever enough."

"You know," Sirius looks at Lydia's face seriously, "I think I saw your glasses on your animal form."

"And I saw your beautiful grey eyes," Lydia laughed, "I guess there are parts of us that we can't hide."

"You know," Sirius grins, "we should make codenames for our animagus forms. that way we can talk about them, and no one will know."

"Brilliant," Lydia beamed, "you can be Padfoot. Your little paws are just so cute."

"And you'll be Prongs," Sirius chose, "your beautiful antlers are pronged."

"We can call ourselves the MARAUDERS," Lydia chirped as they walked back to the castle under the cloak, "and we can name the map, the marauder's map."

"Clever girl," Sirius grinned, "now let's get to bed before we get caught."

"You two really are the cutest," Dorcas smiled, "I wish I had a friendship like yours."

"I'm not so sure anyone can," Lily Evans, ever observant, pointed out, "there seemed to be an instant connection between the two. I've seen married couples with less love, care, and understanding for each other. It doesn't mean they're bad, it just means that Lydia and Sirius are just special and unique."

"I have to agree with Ms. Evans," Professor Sprout said warmly, "I've seen many relationships between people, but never one quite like them."

"Why thank you," Lydia gets up, and curtsies, "I feel so honored."

"Is she always like that?" Regulus asks his older brother softly.

"That's her tame," Sirius says, "and you haven't even seen us together."

The scene shifts again, this time to the summer after their fifth year. The screen has begun to play Lydia Potter's future. "Lyddie!" Euphemia calls loudly, "we're going to be late!"

"Coming Mum!" Lydia Potter calls, walking down the stairs, dressed formally.

"Is that me in the future?!" Lydia shouts, "because I look gorgeous."

"You've grown into a beautiful lady," Ausgusta tells her niece, "you look a lot like Mia, but I see the Monty in you."

"That's my sister," Sirius brags to anyone who was actually paying attention, "and she's gorgeous."

Many people in the hall were immediately made aware of the Potter girl's unfairly good looks. 

"I wonder what the occasion is," Lydia whispers to Sirius, "I hate sequin dresses. They're always itchy."

"Come," Fleamont offers his hand, "we need to apparate. The floo's going to be too busy. The ministry doesn't normally host galas, and I don't want to get caught in the floods of people."

"So the ministry is having a party," Rabastan Lestrange murmured to his brother, "that could be an opportune time for the Dark Lord to strike. It would cause fear and panic over his power."

"You're too close minded," his sister-in-law interjects harshly, "the Dark Lord wants to gain support at the moment. While he may be powerful enough to attack the ministry and escape, many of his followers are not. You, Rodolphus, and I are uniquely talented, but there are also many powerful, talented witches and wizards likely to be there. While we would escape, it would be too risky for a full frontal assault. Too many of our numbers would be taken down, and important information could be lost. No, it's better to remain in the shadows just a little longer."

"Always the clever girl, aren't you," Rodolphus purrs to his wife, "that's why you have found our Lord's favor."

"Indeed," Bellatrix's eyes gleam with madness, "he is worthy of our attentions. I have never seen such power before."

"Okay Daddy," Lydia takes his hand, and is promptly whisked off to the ministry's apparation point. They get through security, and are immediately greeted by friends.

"Dia!" Nico Scamander walks up to her, and spins her, "it's been a while. How were your O.W.L's?"

"Pretty sure I got all O's," Lydia bragged, "how's Maria?"

"Why don't you ask her yourself?" Maria Scamander née De Moraes asks smiling.

"So this is the girl you fancy?" Lyetta smirks, "I have to say Nicky boy, you have good taste."

"Thanks," Nico ignores her teasing tone, "she is pretty great. Seems I marry her in the future."

"And have a son named Rolf," newt points out, "that's how we found out about your girlfriend in the first place."

"And a Phillip," Tina points out, "Lyetta's husband mentioned that Nico had a son Phillip."

"Good point," Newt kisses his wife, "you're always keeping up my slack."

"Maria!" Lydia hugs her tightly, "how are you?"

"Great," Maria links her arm with her husband, "and I'll be even better if this man could get me a drink."

"It seems I have marital duties to attend to," Nico smirks at his cousin, "after I get my wife some apple juice, I'll catch up with you."

"It's fine," Lydia waves him off, "I wanna go find Siri."

"He's here?" Nico asked, "would never have thought those uptight snobs would come to a fundraiser for the new orphanage."

"How dare you speak about the Most Noble and Ancient House of Black like that?!" Cygnus Black shouted.

"Well," Nico began, "I think I obtained my dare when I felt the righteous fury of-"

"YOU DARE SPEAK BACK TO YOUR ELDERS?!" Cygnus shouted at the boy.

"Yes," Nico responded cooly, "I dare. It was actually rather easy, and felt quite fulfilling."

Cygnus had nothing to say, he simply sputtered a few shouts, before Druella attempted to spare them any more embarrassment.

"Miracles do happen," Lydia shrugged, before spotting Pandora Fawley, "I'm going to talk to my friend Dora. See you soon." Lydia kissed Nico on the cheek, before running off.

"Lydia," Pandora Fawley said softly from within the hug Lydia was giving her, "I'd appreciate being able to breathe now."

"Sorry," Lydia let go, "I'm just so excited to see you. You look absolutely stunning. I'm digging the radish earrings. Did Xeno get them for you?"

"He made them for me," Pandora swooned, "isn't that sweet of him?"

"You two gossip?" Sirius asked, "since when."

"Since that time you ditched us to play Exploding Snap with Moony," Lydia said, "we got to talking, and haven't stopped since."

"It is," Lydia sighed, "I wish I had something like that. I never really can seem to get a date."

"Well," Pandora began, "that may be because-" 

Pandora was cut off by Lydia saying, "Look, Siri's here. Mind if I go talk to him?"

"Of course," Pandora shook her head fondly, "I couldn't bear to keep you two apart." As Lydia runs, Pandora says, "and that's why you can't get a date."

"Are you saying that she can't get a date because of me?!" "Are you saying that I can't get a date because of Sirius?!" Lydia and Sirius shout at Pandora loudly. All of the Potter and their extended family laugh, they too having noticed the issue.

"Yes," Pandora held to future her's opinion, "you can't get a date because you two are attached at the hip. Everyone assumes you two are lovers."

"GROSS!" the two shouted, utterly digusted, "I'd never date him!" "I'd never date her!"

Pandora simply laughed.

"Prongs," Sirius hugs her, "you look great."

"And you look even better," Lydia compliment, "do I have a story to tell you?" The two of them find a table, and begin talking. Eventually, Lydia puts her feet on Sirius's lap, and they continue to talk. 

"I need to go," Sirius suddenly said, "can't let Walburga catch me? She thinks I'm talking to the Greengrass girl. Not that there's anything wrong with her, but Walburga's trying to marry me off. I hate the lot of them. They're all about Voldemort these days. I can barely sit in the house."

"Well our door's always open," Lydia is serious for once, "and your bedroom still stands."

"Thanks Lyds," Sirius gets up, and kisses her on the cheek, "love you."

"Love you too Siri," Lydia smiles, "and say hello to Nico before you leave. He's missed his favorite cousin."

"Will do," Sirius salutes, and walks off. The two siblings miss the camera flash nearby.  The scene shifts to Albus Dumbledore and Sirius Black. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 785 52
[Book 3] ❝ π’π¨π¦πž 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩π₯𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐰𝐒𝐭𝐑 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝𝐲 𝐒𝐧 𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐒𝐫 𝐛π₯𝐨𝐨𝐝. ❞ Voldemort is back, only the Ministry just woul...
40.9K 3.1K 69
The one where Harry gets a father. Lilith Evans knew Voldemort would return. He thought he was untouchable even in death. But when Lilith caught him...
2.2K 73 23
Everyone saw me as perfect, I always had been my whole life. I was Regulus Black, I was raised to be perfect. I was everything that my parents wanted...
386K 13K 87
~Where dwell the brave at heart, their daring, nerve and chivalry sets a Gryffindor apart~ What if there was another prophecy made? It talked about...