When the Tide Switches - Rafe...

By svevarossi2

Lillian Bianca Jones and Rafe Cameron have been enemies for as long as they can remember, but when the tide s... More

Prologue
🫶CHARACTERS🫶
Playlist🫶
Chapter 1- The Boneyard
Chapter 2- Homeboy Likes You
Chapter 3- Thorton Playboy
Chapter 4- Big Revelations
Chapter 5- Mind Games
Chapter 6- For What It's Worth
Chapter 7- My Person
Chapter 8- Heavenly Looks
Chapter 9- Apologies & Discoveries
Chapter 10- He Missed It
Chapter 11- Damage Control
Chapter 12- Dead Past
Chapter 14- Revealing Comforts
Chapter 15- A Big Secret
Chapter 16- Stupid Dare
Chapter 17- Meaningful Words
Chapter 18- Love Bomb
Chapter 19- What A Night
Chapter 20- Tough Day
Chapter 21- Party Hustle
Chapter 22- Throwing Up The Past
Chapter 23- Celebration of Love
Chapter 24- Police Sirens
Chapter 25- The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 26- Open Mouth
Chapter 27- Anger & Panic
Chapter 28- He Did It
Chapter 29- Finally Together
Face-Claim
Chapter 30- Back To Real Life
Chapter 31- Clubbing on the Mainland
Chapter 32- Altruism or Selfishness?
Chapter 33- What The Fuck
Little Update
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 1)
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 2)
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 3)
Editing
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 4)
Chapter 35- Unmerited Favours
Chapter 36- Harmful Memories
Chapter 37- Used To Saying It
Update
Chapter 38- The Monster's Gone

Chapter 13- Cozy Future

954 10 11
By svevarossi2

The next day I got a text from Rafe:

Rafe❤️

Hey Princess

Be ready by 8, and dress nicely.

I'll pick u up

Me

Okkk

I was curious after seeing that message, what did he have in mind? 

Either way, I already started to get ready because it was four. Earlier I had gone surfing and just hung out with the pogues and now I was home. 

I really wanted to tell them about me and Rafe. Mainly Sarah, because it was her brother. I really hoped she would support me. I made up my mind that I was going to tell her very soon because not telling her would feel like me betraying her almost. 

I picked out what I was going to wear, a beautiful red dress. It was a mini dress with a square neckline and long sleeves. It was very elegant and fancy and I had never worn it before. I decided to pair it with red heels and a red shoulder bag. 

Lillian's Outfit: 

Before showering I asked my maid if she could please iron my dress. Kook life comes with many privileges. Then I did my makeup like I do when going out: concealer, mascara, highlighter, blush, eyeliner, and  red tinted lip gloss to go with the dress. Once all of that was done I looked on Pinterest for ideas of what to do with my hair. I decided to slightly curl my hair, braid a section of it and pin that with two red ribbons. It was really elegant and it went well with the rest of my outfit. 

I looked at the time and it was almost 8 p.m. So I just put things in my bag and waited for Rafe to pick me up. 

Just then I realized that my parents were home and if they found out I had a date they would force him to come in to meet them. I quickly grabbed my phone and called Rafe, 

"Hey love I'll be there in three minutes," he told me. He sounded so charming. 

"Perfect, but should we tell my parents?" I asked him and he was caught surprised. My parents did like him a lot but it was still weird. 

"If you want to princess," he answered. 

"Okay I think I do," I told him and I could feel his smile under the phone. 

I went downstairs and as soon as my parents saw me dressed all fancy they stood up to look at me. 

"You look beautiful honey," my mom said, "thanks mom," 

"What's the occasion?" she asked me. This is it. Telling my parents. 

"A date;" I mumbled. "With who Lillian?" my dad asked me. I could tell he was afraid that it was going to be a pogue. 

Just then the doorbell rang and I got so nervous. "You'll see," I told my parents as I ran to open the door. 

There he was, Rafe, standing there with a bouquet of lilies in his hand. I gasped at seeing them, they were my favorite flowers. "You look stunning," Rafe told me while checking me out and smiling. "Thank you," I told him smiling. 

I turned around and saw my parent's faces. They were shocked, to say the least. "Hi Mr and Mrs Jones," Rafe told them and they snapped out of whatever they were thinking about. 

I could tell they were ecstatic it was him but also confused because the last time they checked I hated him. "Please, call us Simon and Laura," my mom told him and he nodded smiling. 

"So are you the young man who's taking her out tonight?" my dad asked Rafe as if it wasn't clear enough. 

"Indeed I am, I promise to have her home at a reasonable time, of course, no drinking and she'll be safe with me." He told them and they both smiled, they trusted him deeply. 

I was so happy to see him so comfortable around me and my family, he looked so handsome. He was wearing a navy suit and a white button-up. 

"Should we go?" I asked him and he nodded. 

"You kids have fun," my mom told us as we were walking out. 

"Oh Mom, Dad, please don't tell people about this yet," I asked and they gave me an understanding nod. 

We walked out the door and he finally kissed me. "You look so gorgeous Love" he whispered in my ear. 

"How did you know lilies were my favorite?" I asked him. I tried to open my car door but he stopped me and opened it himself. "Well, at family lunches when you and Sarah were talking about your dream weddings, you would say that you wanted a bouquet of lilies," he told me still looking at me and slightly grinning. 

"You paid attention to that?" I said blushing. "Of course, I've liked you for like a year before I tried anything with you. I just paid attention." I gave him a kiss and it was long and passionate. 

I'm falling in love with this man. The way he smells, his smile, his chuckle, his love, his protectiveness. I was falling in love with all those features. "You look really handsome," I told him. "Oh do I?" he asked sarcastically and I nodded. 

He started driving and I kept asking where to but he wouldn't tell me. He put his hand on my thigh and started caressing my leg. I loved when he did that. His touch made me numb, like as long as he was touching me I was protected from anyone else. 

We got to the destination and he opened my door for me. I got out and recognized that we were at the port. I saw that the druthers (The Cameron's boat) was parked there. 

He led me into it with his hand placed on my lower back. He led me into the driver's room and signified for me to sit down. He drove the boat to a beautiful empty spot in the ocean. Wow. We were so far away from the outer banks but it still felt like home. 

Because he was there. 

He led me to a room with an open roof. There was a table and it was set for two people. He put the chair out for me to sit on. 

"Rafe, this is all so beautiful," I said looking around. "Thank you, for all of this," I told him and he just smiled. 

"You look beautiful," he told me and I blushed, he emphasized 'you'. 

We started eating and all of a sudden he stood up from his seat. He got close to where I was a kneeled down. What was he doing? 

"Lillian, words cannot describe how much I love everything about you. You saved me from so many things and I believe that we're soulmates. You're the most beautiful woman in the world and I only have eyes for you. Will you be my girlfriend?" he said and pulled out a ring, it was gold and had engraved R+L on its inside. 

"Rafe of course I'll be your girlfriend. But oh my god you didn't have to get me a ring?!" I said before he kissed me deeply. 

"This is just a promise ring, I promise to be by your side for all of it. For all the ups and downs. I promise to one day marry you," he said and butterflies entered my stomach thinking about a future with Rafe. It felt so warm and cozy, we hadn't even said I love you yet but I knew we both felt like close to that. It was just too early to say it if you know what I mean. But yeah, I was basically in love with Rafe, he was the one for me and I was sure about that. 

Now we were together, I was his and he was mine. "M' lady, may I have a dance?" he asked and I stood up and took his hand. "I'm playing this song for you, not because I like it, just so you know." he said as I heard the intro to Daylight by Taylor Swift live from Paris, my favorite song of all time. 

We danced close to each other and everything was perfect. This man who used to be my enemy had become the feeling of home to me, all in such a short amount of time. The love walked in on us when we least expected it and it wasn't going to go anywhere. 

I saw Rafe looking at me and smiling intensively, 

"What?" I asked chuckling.

"You're finally all mine, the beautiful woman in front of me is all mine," he said, he was mainly talking to himself but it was just seeing him think about us as that gave me chills. I was so happy, nothing could ruin this moment. 

"I'm all yours," I told him and he kissed me passionately. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he picked me up. It was just us two, and the ocean. It was the most beautiful moment ever. This man had changed so many things in my life, but all for the better. 

"Do you want to swim Love?" Rafe asked me. 

"Yeah, but it's going to be cold." I said looking around. Today was a very hot day but regardless I was scared the water was going to be cold. 

"It's okay, if you're cold I'll warm you up," he told me grinning and I laughed. 

"I don't have a bathing suit though," I told him. 

"About that, I got you a little something as a gift," Rafe said pulling out a small bag. 

"Rafe, the ring is more than enough you don't need to buy me anything," I told him and he shrugged his shoulders. 

"Lillian you deserve the world, now that you're mine, I'll give you the world." I kissed him and once we pulled away he signed for me to open the gift. I opened it and saw the prettiest bikini ever. It was blue and white and had a floral fantasy on t, it was so beautiful. 

I gasped as I saw it and Rafe smiled at my reaction. "Just a little something," Rafe told me. 

"Rafe, it's beautiful, thank you so much," I said looking at the bikini. 

"No need to thank me my love," 

My Love. 

He called me my love. He always called me love but now it was my love. Because I was his. He drove me so crazy oh my god. 

"Go change and let's go for a swim," he told me and I squealed out of happiness. I ran into the bathroom to change fast. I was so happy. I got out and he looked at me like I was the only person on this planet for him. 

"Wow. This is all mine," he said looking at my body intensely which made me chuckle. 

"All yours," I said as I got ready to dive in. He had changed in his bathing suit and he looked. Wow. His abs were enough to turn me on. 

"Wait for me princess," he said chuckling. 

He got next to me and picked me up bride-style. He dived into the water and held me close to him. This man was it for me. 

Notes from the Author:

Omg they're so cute istg. Anyways, hope you guys are liking the story!! Pls comment and vote if you feel like it it would make me very happy!! Thank you for reading!!

Love you all so much!! X

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

616 12 14
"I don't wanna pretend, we're still friends in the summer. Did you think I'd forget? I said, leave if you wanna." After exiling his best friend from...
6.6K 95 46
It's been seven years. Is she naive to think he could have changed? It's been years since she left Kildare for New York - seven years since she calle...