Kingdom Hearts: Tremors

By mickol93

11th adventure. Sora and his friends have decided to take another vacation to rest. They arrive at a isolated... More

Opening
Prologue
Chapter 1: Arriving at Perfection
Chapter 3: We plan ahead, beneath Perfection
Chapter 4: Less than Perfection, high and dry
Chapter 5: Bad things from the garden, road kill, some kind of mutation
Chapter 6: The dead of night
Chapter 7: Who's best on a horse?, Where's the Golden Oldie coming from?
Chapter 8: They're under the ground! Giant worms
Chapter 9: On the rocks, you guys know how to pole vault?
Chapter 10: Where do they come from? One long smorgasbord. Graboids.
Chapter 11: The pesky parasites invade Perfection
Chapter 12: The monsters go to market
Chapter 13: Broke in the wrong Rec Room
Chapter 14: We killed it! Bring down the house, Nestor's wild ride
Chapter 15: A heck of a long walk
Chapter 16: Armored and flying transports
Chapter 17: Heading for the mountains, final battle, stampede
Chapter 18: Working up to it, local heroes, ending/epilogue

Chapter 2: Helping Val and Earl, meeting Rhonda LeBeck

341 3 9
By mickol93

For the four days, the heroes have been spending their vacation in Perfection. They even help out around the town while staying. They've been helping the good people in this town. Mindy and Brenda are also good kids, and they love playing with Zwei. They managed to go to the next town to get a couple of rental cars. A four-seated car, and a couple of vans. Right now, Sora is with Kairi, Riku, Roxas, and Namine. They're with Val and Earl in the desert of the valley. Riku is going to the bathroom with Val. They're doing their business over the ledge of the cliff. Three cows are by them, mooing and eating the plants on the sand. Riku and Val both sigh with relief as they're done with their business. They zip up their flies, and walk back to the truck and van. Sora and Kairi are sleeping together in the van along with Roxas and Namine. The boys are hugging the girls close, and the girls lay their heads on their shoulders. Riku walks over to them, and looks down at them. 

Riku: Good morning, Sora, Kairi, Roxas, and Namine. This is your wake-up call. Please get up. 

They don't wake up, as the girls get comfortable on the boys. Riku sighs at this. He looks at Val, and sees he can't wake up Earl either. They both look, and see the cows. Then, they both get an idea as they smirk. They both nod at each other, and walk to the side of the truck and van. Then, they leap on them, and start shaking them. 

Both: STAMPEDE!!!

Kairi and Namine both scream in shock as the boys shake awake as they roll out of the van, holding onto the girls. Earl panics too, and climbs out the back of the truck, taking his sleeping bag with him.

Riku: Stampede, guys! Get out of the way! Quick! 

They all panting as they all look up, and they see the three cows, looking at them. They realize that their friends just pulled a prank on them. 

Sora: Riku! 

Roxas: (Glares at him) That wasn't funny!

Earl: You dumb craps. 

They all get up as the two get off the vehicles, laughing. 

Riku: Sorry, guys. I couldn't help it. 

Earl: I was in a stampede once. Three hundred head going heck-bent for the horizon. (Puts on boots) 

Val: Now, exactly how many cows are required for a stampede, Earl? I mean, is it like three or more? Is there a minimum speed?

Earl: (Puts sleeping bag back in the truck) I wish a stampede up your butt.

The heroes all chuckle at that answer. Riku helps his friends set out the stuff from the van. They're gonna nail some bar wire to wooden boards on the sand. Val and Earl are now smoking as Earl sits on the back of the truck. He then picks up a brewing canister, and puts it down as he looks at Val.

Earl: No breakfast?

Val: I did it yesterday. It was bologna and beans.

Earl: (Ponders) No. It was eggs. I did eggs. Over easy. The kids there and their friends liked it. 

Val: The heck you did. Bologna and beans. It's your turn. 

Earl puts his cigarette back in his mouth, and brings up a closed fist. Val sees this, and gets annoyed as he puts his back in his mouth. They know how to settle this. Rock, paper, scissors. They both shake their fists up and down three times and on the third shake, they pick their choices. Earl picks scissors, and Val picks paper. Earl wins. 

Val: Well, I guess when I'm your age, I'll forget what I eat, too.

Earl hands him the canister, and he takes it to make breakfast. 

Val: (To kids) You kids hungry?

Sora: Yeah. We'll go for breakfast. 

Val nods, and works on it. Later, they're now working on the boards and wires. Riku holds on the wire with Earl, but it stabs through their gloves, and they recoil in pain.

Riku: Ow!

Earl: Oh, gosh dang it! (Throws it down, looks at Val) I ask you, is this a job for intelligent men? 

Val: Show me one. I'll ask him. 

Earl: (Picks up the wire, and holds it with Riku) I mean, if we were real serious about money, we'd quit being hired hands...

Val: Handymen, Earl. We are handymen. 

Earl: Yeah, yeah. We should quit this job and find ourselves some real employment. 

Val: Are you gonna give up all this personal freedom? I don't know. 

Val starts hammering the nail on the board to hold the wire down. The heroes watch them as Sora and Riku hold the board for them. Val gets the nail in, and they move on to continue working. They finish it up, and get in the truck and van, and drive back on the freeway. The van follows the truck. 

Sora: Time to get back to town. So, what's on the list for today?

Riku: Well, today is garbage day.

Sora: Aw, man! What's Nestor paying Val and Earl, and what is he offering us?

Riku: He's paying them 50 dollars. And he's offering us free drinks. 

Sora: Well...Burt, Heather, and Brenda's place is closer. How about we do their linoleum today and let Val and Earl do the garbage?

Riku: We can't. Nestor won't be home tomorrow. And the Gummers are only giving us free food for doing their work. Look, we don't help digging out the garbage today, we don't get free drinks today. Come on, Sora. You gotta plan ahead. You've got to take the long view. Wait...Is today Monday? 

Kairi and Namine giggle at this. As they drive, they spot someone bt their truck on the sand to the left. 

Roxas: Who's that?

Riku: I don't know. I know it can't be the grad student they've talked about. He graduated. So it has to be the new one. 

Just then, they see Val driving off road, heading for the truck. They follow after them. They shake from the bumps on the sand. 

Riku: Oh, man. I bet Val wants to meet this girl, because he'lll imagine her to be on his list of beauty. 

They all laugh at that. Then, the truck stops, and they stop behind it. They all wait and watch as the girl sees them. She walks up the truck first to talk Val and Earl. They talk for a couple of minutes. And after that, they both drive off. The girl then touches her nose, and sees the sunblock on it. She sees the van, and walks up to them. 

Girl: Hi. I'm Rhonda LeBeck. I'm up here for the semester. Seismology. Earthquakes. 

Sora: Nice to meet you. I'm Sora. And these are my friends, Riku, Kairi, Roxas, and Namine. We're here on vacation with our friends. 

Rhonda: Nice names. Listen, I need to ask you something. Do you all know if anyone in the town is doing any drilling or blasting around here?

Sora: I don't think so. The sheriff would have told us and the town about it. 

Rhonda: Well, I've been monitoring the seismographs. They measure vibrations. 

Kairi: In the ground, right?

Rhonda: Yeah. I've been getting really strange readings. The school had these machines for three years, and we've never recorded anything like this. 

Namine: Well, when we get back to town, we'll ask the sheriff if he heard anything. 

Rhonda: Thank you. Anyway, sorry if I bother you.

Sora: You didn't, Miss LeBeck.

Rhonda: (Giggling) You can call me Rhonda. 

Kairi: Ok, Rhonda. We'll see you later. 

Sora then drives the van back to the freeway to head back to the town. They see Val and Earl were waiting for them to follow. Then, they start talking.

Riku: If we stayed, we could have taken a look at those seismographs for her. To see if there's anything wrong with them.

Sora: What the heck do we know? We don't know that much about seismographs 

Kairi: Kai and his friends would know. His uncles live in Los Angeles on their world. 

Riku: Yeah. Val should have stayed. That way, it would have been a good way for him to get to know her.

Sora: Tell me about it. I mean, do you remember the list he showed us of his type of girls? 

Roxas: Yeah. He don't go for any girl unless she fits that stupid list of his from top to bottom. And it's dumber. Like that...that woman, Bobby Lynn Dexter.

Namine: Actually, it's Tammy Lynn Baxter. 

Roxas: It don't matter.

Riku: Yeah. They're all the same, dead weight. Like this. (Girly voice) Ooh! I broke a nail! (Normal voice) Jeez. That makes my hair all messed up. 

Sora: Well, Val said he's a victim of circumstance. 

Riku: (Looks at him) Didn't he called it his pecker? 

Sora looks at him, and they both chuckle at this. Everyone else also chuckles. They continue driving the van back to the town. 

Here's the second chapter of Kingdom Hearts: Tremors. Yeah, I let Sora, Riku, Kairi, Roxas, and Namine go out to help Val and Earl in the desert. And Riku helps Val prank them with the stampede prank. And they meet Rhonda on the way back. Let me know what you all think of the chapter. Vote, review, and comment. Thank you.   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

418 49 12
"A new mystery begins..." What would a brilliant young mind from Mistral, a well received teen play actress that's a member of one of the richest fam...
4.2K 27 14
12th adventure. The heroes are now flying through space. They've traveled into the future, and continue flying through space. They get lost, until th...
98.5K 2.5K 106
Earth is an incredibly peaceful and beautiful World home to the amazingly intelligent Humans that live upon its surface. Upon these many, many Humans...
2.5K 235 32
When Katsuki Bakugo woke up that morning, he had no idea that he'd be walking into his last villain battle as Dynamight. Only the number one hero for...