England's Bloody Rose

By Flytrap4534

Lydia Euphemia Potter. Daughter of Fleamont and Euphemia Potter. Heiress of the Potter fortune. One of the gr... More

Prologue
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #1
Flashbacks Chapter #1
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #2
Flashbacks Part #2
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #3
Flashbacks Chapter #3
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #4
Flashbacks Chapter #4
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #5
Flashbacks Chapter #5
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #6
Flashbacks Chapter #6
Flashbacks Chapter #7
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #8
Flashbacks Chapter #8
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #9
Flashbacks Chapter #9
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #10
Flashbacks Chapter #10
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #11
Flashbacks Chapter #11
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #12
Flashbacks Chapter #12
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #13
Flashbacks Chapter #13
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #14
Flashbacks Chapter #14
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #15
Flashbacks Chapter #15
Mid Story Character Guide:
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #16
Flashbacks Chapter #16
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #17
Flashbacks Chapter #17
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #18
Flashbacks Chapter #18
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #19
Flashbacks Chapter #19
Iolanthe Potter: Epilogue:
Flashbacks: Epilogue:

Iolanthe Potter Chapter #7

5.8K 195 11
By Flytrap4534

"You two are really too sweet," Lyetta pinched Lydia's cheeks.

"Shuld ulp," Lydia attempted to say, but her mouth could form her words properly.

"What was that?" Lyetta smiled, and continued on.

The film has a time skip, and it's spring of 1992. Iola, Susan, and Neville are 13, and Regulus Black is getting married. Iola wore a beautiful blueish periwinkle dress, that had flowers down the bottom, fitting the spring vibe.

"She looks so beautiful," Lydia whispered to Benjy, "that's our daughter."

"She looks a lot like me," Benjy says contemplatively.

"You're right," Lydia agree, "she does."

Susan wore a blue and silver ballgown, and was excitedly talking to Sirius about something. Sirius was dressed up as well, and he looked nervous for some odd reason.

"What do you think?" Sirius asks Susan, "is it too embarrassing?"

"Nah," Susan laughs, "if anything, you could add more." 

A shout for Sirius is heard, and he dismisses himself, saying, "Bestman duties, sorry."

"I'm Reggie's bestman?" Sirius whispers to himself, "who would have thought?"

"Does anyone know where Callie and Benjy are?" Dorcas Meadowes floats in, wearing a shimmering grey gown.

"Looking good Dor," Pandora tells her younger friend, "time treated you well."

"Thanks," Dorcas was enthralled by older her. Her dark skin was really reflected well in the dress. She was surprised her children's skin wasn't darker, but wondered if it had something to do with death. Dorcas was intelligent, she noticed that Sirius looked far too much like his niece, Iola, to be normal. Something had changed, something that Dorcas felt death had had a hand in, and that effected the genetics of her children.

"I just realized," Benjy turned to Sirius, "you named your son after me. Thank you."

"No problem?" Sirius answered, more like questioned. What are you supposed to answer to that?

"No, sorry Aunty," Neville said, looking dapper in his dress robes, "do you want me to look for them?"

"No thank you, Neville," Dorcas took a deep breath, before shouting, "Benjamin Fleamont and Callie Lydia Potter, get yourselves over here this instant!"

"You named your son after me?" Fleamont looked at his pseudo son with tears.

"Of course Monty," Sirius answered, tearing up as well, "you're more a dad to me than Orion ever was." The Potter men share a hug, while trying to not attract too much attention. They fail.

"Coming Mummy!" Callie Potter rushed to heed her mother's call in a beautiful purple ballgown she insisted on wearing, despite not matching the theme.

"She looks adorable," Euphemia cooed at her granddaughter, "and she'd be 11 now, right?"

"As always," Fleamont kissed his wife, "and our granddaughter is most certainly adorable."

"She looks like me," Lydia bragged, "doesn't she, Sirius?"

"She actually does," Sirius tilted his head at the screen, "a good amount like you actually."

"I guess all my experimenting worked out," Lydia rubbed her hands before cackling, "I can't wait to tell you Siri."

"Your father wants you to get ready," Dorcas told her, pushing her towards a door, "so go into the dressing room with Cathy. And where's Benjy? He better not have lost the rings, or Merlin help him, I'll-"

"I'm here Mum!" Benjy Potter pattered into their sight, "Uncle Reggie just gave me the rings."

"Now don't you lose them," Dorcas warned, "or-"

"You'll get Dad to fill my room with spiders," Benjy shuddered, "I know."

"Huh," Dorcas said, "that was not what I was expecting."

"It's time," Amelia ran out of the Manor, "make sure Reg's by the altar. Otherwise Cathy will murder us all in our sleep."

"So everyone is terrified by this Cathy," Lydia points out, "what fun."

Regulus Black is seen being brought to the altar by an extremely nervous Sirius Black. The bestman was more nervous than the groom. "Oh calm down Sirius," Regulus whispers to his brother, "you're going to make me nervous if you keep this up."

"Aww," Andy coos, "ickle Reggie's nervous."

"How are you not nervous?" Sirius asks, "I was so nervous by my wedding day, that Lydia had to stop me from fainting."

"Sirius Black," Lydia cackles, "beaten up by his own wedding."

"I'm not nervous," Regulus began, "because I'm using occlumency. I locked all my nerves up in a vault in my head, and I am keeping that vault shut until tomorrow afternoon."

"Curse your brilliance," Sirius mutters, "and how are you not terrified of Sam? I'm pretty sure he'd gut me if anything went wrong on his baby's big day."

"Are you trying to make me freak out?" Regulus asks, "I really should've had Jacob be my bestman. You're doing a horrendous job."

"Jacob?" Lydia questions, "as in Jacob Scamander?"

"Jay's too busy trying to get himself a date," Sirius rolls his eyes, "and don't deny it, you want me as your bestman."

"Of course I do," Regulus scoffed, "otherwise I wouldn't have asked."

"Oh Merlin," Sirius says, "here comes Benjy and Callie. I can't believe they're so grown up." Sirius wipes a tear from his eye at his babies. Callie sprays her flowers around the walkway like the crazy child she is. She somehow acts like her father and aunt in one. Benjy walks super seriously, worried about the rings. His parents would not be happy if he lost them.

"You're such a good father," Lydia whispers to Sirius, "I'm sure my daughter's in great hands."

"Thanks Prongsie," Sirius watches his older self, "it means a lot."

"Shh," the officiator, one Kingsley Shacklebolt hushes, "or I won't perform the ceremony at all."

"You're officiating Reggie's wedding?" Sirius asks a shocked Kingsley Shacklebolt, "I didn't know you had an interest in performing weddings."

"I don't," Kingsley huffs, "I wonder what future me is doing."

Benjy Potter reaches his father, hands him the rings, and goes to sit with his mother and younger sister. Finally, after some waiting, the beautiful bride comes out on her father's hand. Her father is wearing his full, medalled, military apparel.

"She looks gorgeous," Amelia whispered, "Black is certainly a lucky man."

"I agree," her sister-in-law, Allison, tells her, "the girl is certainly a beauty. Wonder how she and Black met."

"Nervous yet?" Sirius asks his awestruck brother.

"Shut up," Regulus mutters as his bride joins him by the altar. The basics of the wedding happen, the vows are said, rings are exchanged, and the muggle side is done. Now, it's wizarding time.

"I can't believe Regulus had a muggle wedding," Andy whispers to her husband Ted, "the future is full of surprises."

Regulus and Cathy take out their wands, and place them in dueling position. Kingsley takes his wand, and places it on top. "I, Kingsley John Shackelbolt, with the power vested in me by this couple, pronounce you married. Ligare!" Regulus and Cathy's wands let off extreme light, and a golden energy fills the room. The two then put their hands together, and Sirius takes out his wand and taps it on their hands. He blesses them with the spell felicitas, and returns to standing on the side. The maid of honor, Mallory Vogel née Scamander, does the same process, but gives the blessing, sanitas."

"Is that our Mal?" Newt asks his wife, shocked.

"I think so," Tina gasps in awe of her granddaughter's beauty, "she looks so much like Josephine."

"But I see the Goldstein in her," Newt tells his wife, "she's got your salamander-like eyes."

"She does, doesn't she?" Tina says happily, "and look, she has a ring on her finger. It seems she's married!"

"Our niece gets married?!" the twins shout, outraged, "who dares to touch her?!"

"Calm yourselves," Newt told them sternly, "you're making a scene."

After, Regulus kisses Cathy, and everyone in the crowd cheers, and lights up their wands. Colonel Samuel Green is crying as he hugs his daughter, and Sirius claps Regulus on the back.

"REG!" Jacob Scamander in all his glory runs up, "I can't believe your sorry self got married. Especially to Cath. How you got her to marry you is beyond me."

"Jacob knows Black?" Nico asks his father, "how would that happen?"

"Maybe we'll find out," Newt says, "I'm sure it's a lovely story."

"Excuse me," Cathy Green, now Cathy Black, narrows her eyes, "did you just attempt to belittle my husband?"

"No Cathy," Jacob quickly changes his tune, "I'd never, ever do that to my best friend's husband. Never."

"So Cathy is friends with our Jacob," Lyetta points out, "maybe that's how they met."

"Glad to hear it," Cathy smirks, "why don't you go over there and talk to some of the guests? For Morigan's sake, you need a love life."

"Number one," Jacob says, "mix out. Number two, I just got a job at the Academy of Broom Flying. I need to focus my energy there."

"Whatever," Regulus says, "I just got married, so I'm going to take my beautiful wife to dance. You, on the other hand, can go dance with your grandmother." And with that, the newlyweds head to the dance floor.

"Smooth," Sirius says, "real smooth."

"Michael!" Iola Potter shouts, catching the attention of her cousin, who was standing next to his mother, Lyetta.

"Is that my son?" Lyetta asks, "neat."

"Iola!" Michael shouts, before spinning her around, "I've missed you since you left school. Mum was going to pull me out as well, but Dad said that he wanted me to stay. They're talking about moving to the U.S with Granny Tina and Grandpa Newt, so I'm not sure how long it'll last."

"Aww," Tina squeezed her daughter's hand, "you do care about us."

"Of course I do Mom," Lyetta spoke softly, "why wouldn't I?"

"Michael Corner!" Eobard Corner, Lyetta's husband came shouting, "what's this I hear about you dumping water on Phillip's head? Your Uncle Nico is very upset. His 8 year old son is crying because his older cousin just can't control himself?"

"Congrats Nicky boy," Lyetta nudged her brother, "seems you become a father."

"Thanks," Nico brightened, "he better have my handsome looks."

"You mean mine," Newt interjects smirking, "you're a carbon copy of me. So if they're anyone's good looks, they're mine."

"Gotta run," Michael yells, as he rushes off, his father chasing him, "tell Rolf I say hi if you see him."

"Will do," Iola shouts laughing. The scene switches to everyone sitting at the tables, and Sirius tapping his glass with a spoon. It was speech time.

"Oh this is going to be great," Sirius grinned.

"If I could have your attention," Sirius stood up, "I'd like to begin embarrassing Reggie, I mean giving my bestman speech."

"Why did I pick him?" Regulus groans, and his new wife patted him on the back sympathetically.

"When Reggie asked me to be his bestman," Sirius began dramatically, "I immediately took a recalling potion. That way, I could remember every embarrassing thing he's ever done."

"Really Sirius?" young Regulus asks, finally speaking. He'd been completely overwhelmed and embarrassed at watching his own wedding. He didn't even know any of the people there, other than Sirius.

"However," Sirius continues, "I figured there's nothing more embarrassing for Regulus than recounting the first time he properly met my late sister Lydia."

"This I want to hear," Lydia laughs, and it's not a kind one.

"Don't you dare," Regulus hisses.

"Oh I do dare little brother," Sirius smiles evilly, "consider it a repayment for the stunt you pulled at my wedding. Revenge is a dish best served cold. Anyways, it was a nice, cool, beautiful night, and I was sleeping oh so peacefully with Lydia on a couch in my apartment. Suddenly, someone begins banging on my apartment door."

"I've never heard this story," Cathy whispers to her husband.

"You have," he whispers back, "Sirius is just adding drama."

"It was in middle of the war," Sirius is still talking, "so when I open the door, and see the brother I haven't spoken to in 6 years, I immediately slam the door in his face."

"As you should," Lydia supports Sirius, "I'd do the same thing."

"You don't have any siblings," Lyetta points out.

"Schematics," Lydia dismisses.

"Then Lydia tells me to let him in," Sirius says, "because, and I quote, "He's too much of a pushover to come talk to you, so the world must literally be burning down. Or death eaters are trying to trap and eat us. Take your pick." So of course, I let ickle Reggie in, and he dumps three pounds, and I mean three pounds, of paper on my couch."

"It wasn't three pounds," Regulus rolls his eyes, "it was more like twenty."

"What?" Sirius was confused.

"Anyways, the first thing he tells me is, "The Dark Lord tried to kill my house elf, so here's all the evidence you need to take him down."

"You're telling me," Sirius began, "that my cowardly literal brother, the brother who's admired Voldemort since he was 8, and has a literal Voldemort scrapbook, is trying to take him down. Because of his house elf!"

"Immediately, I tell him, "You're telling me, that you, my cowardly literal brother, the brother who's admired Voldemort since he was 8, and has a literal Voldemort scrapbook, are trying to take him down. Because of KREACHER!" And unfazed, he responds, "It's more complicated than that. It's also because he's disgusting, a hypocrite, and broke the most fundamental law of magic that even the darkest of dark wizards don't dare to break."

"What information does Regulus have on the Dark Lord?" Professor Flitwick asks, "that could make someone like him switch sides. Something so dark, that the darkest of dark wizards won't perform it."

Is it possible that the boy knows, Horace Slughorn wonders worriedly, will he tell anyone?

"And those words," Sirius is still talking, "completely reshaped the direction the war was turning. All over a house elf. Of course Lydia, Regulus, and I ended up doing a lot of more embarrassing things over the course of the war. Like there was that one time the two of them had to pretend to be married, and that I was their lovable dog."

"WHAT?!" both people in question shouted.

"Why'd Sirius get off easy?" Lydia scowled, "I always have to do the dirty work."

"I am not dirty thank you very much," Regulus scowls, "but I agree with you. Sirius got it off easy."

"Or that one time he got himself arrested by the muggles for breaking in to his own apartment. Ted had to go bail him out, and then obliviate the poor muggles. Boy was Ted pissed."

"Seems your future is full of fun," Ted Tonks tells his wife's cousin tentatively.

"For Sirius maybe," Regulus sighs, "he's enjoying making fun of me."

"The there's all the confidential stuff, things which luckily for poor Reggie, I'm legally not allowed to speak about."

"What in Merlin's saggy left buttock do you guys get up to that you're legally not allowed to discuss it?" Frank Longbottom asks, dodging the swat from his mother.

"Don't ask me," Sirius shrugs, "invent time travel and ask him."

"At the end of the day though," Sirius begins his conclusion, "Reggie is a great person. He really changed himself, and went through a real transformation. He went from a Voldemort Fanboy, to the one responsible for his death. He went from a pureblood supremacist, to someone who fell in love with a muggleborn. However, I do wish he fell for someone a little less violent. I still have bruises from the last time Cathy hexed me."

"Would you like some more?" Cathy pulls her wand out sweetly, "because Dora taught me this really nice on eshe made last week, and I've been dying for some target practice."

"I absolutely adore my new sister-in-law," Sirius hastily corrects, "violence and all. Welcome to the family Cathy. Once you're in, you can never get out."

"He's not wrong," Dorcas jokes loudly, "6 years divorced and you lot still won't leave me alone."

"Love you too Dorcas," Sirius smiles sarcastically, "I think it's Mal's turn. A toast to the groom first."

"To Regulus!" The crowd shouts, and Mallory Vogel stands up.

"Maybe we'll find out how they know each other," Tina tells Newt, who nods along.

"Cathy and I met at Illvermorny," she began, "and she was the biggest brat I had ever met in my life. She was a hoity toity military kid, and was obviously placed in Wampus, where I'd already been for two years. There she made my life miserable for my entire school year. Worse, she was my younger brother's best friend."

"How is that worse?" Jacob asks offended.

"We only started getting along," Mal ignored him, "after I started dating Aaron, which happened a year before I graduated. So when Sirius brought a supposed to be dead Regulus Black to our Yule party in 1979, I immediately thought, "He'd get along great with Cathy."

"Supposed to be dead?" Andy asked, "I wonder what that means."

"So years later, when Cathy was looking for a blind date, I immediately hooked them up. The two of them didn't end up dating immediately, but were pen pals for years, before dating. Of course, everyone loved Cathy, so she was already all the children's aunt, even before she married Regulus. I honestly have no clue why I'm the maid of honor, so I'll end my toast with wishing the two of you much luck in your marriage, and hope that Samuel doesn't end up murdering Regulus. A toast to the bride."

"To Cathy!" The guests cheered, and dancing broke out once again. The wedding ends, and the scene switches to a confrontation between Remus, Lydia, and Sirius.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.1K 800 29
Lady Magic, incensed by the state of affairs in the wizarding world, offers one final opportunity. It's a chance for the wizarding community to witne...
20.7K 848 35
โ› ๐—ช๐—˜'๐—Ÿ๐—Ÿ ๐—•๐—˜ ๐—” ๐—™๐—œ๐—ก๐—˜ ๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—ก๐—˜ โœ โช ยทหš เผ˜ ยฐห–โœงหš * เณƒ โบห– โธโธ หšโ‚Šเผ‰ โซ in which mavis black was known all around hogwarts, but mostly for her nam...
13.9K 334 29
As Azkaban's icy walls closed around Sirius Black, accused of the heinous murders of James and Lily Potter, little did he know that the life of his w...
27.7K 694 34
My story is a little different from others. "Of course that's why he knew what to give you Harry!" Hermione tells him. "Who is that? Jayden Potter...