Lay Me Down

By Thischickisbomb

Lizzie had been forced to sleep with men for as long as she can remember to support her mom and stepdad's rag... More

Lay Me Down Chapter 1
Lay Me Down Chapter 2
Lay Me Down Chapter 3
Lay Me Down Chapter 4
Lay Me Down Chapter 5
Lay Me Down Chapter 6
Lay Me Down Chapter 7
Lay Me Down Chapter 8
Lay Me Down Chapter 9
Lay Me Down Chapter 10
Lay Me Down Chapter 11
Lay Me Down Chapter 12
Lay Me Down Chapter 13
Lay Me Down Chapter 14
Lay Me Down Chapter 15
Lay Me Down Chapter 16
Lay Me Down Chapter 17
Lay Me Down Chapter 18
Lay Me Down Chapter 19
Lay Me Down Chapter 20
Lay Me Down Chapter 21
Lay Me Down Chapter 22
Lay Me Down Chapter 23
Lay Me Down Chapter 24
Lay Me Down Chapter 25
Lay me Down Chapter 26
Lay Me Down Chapter 27
Lay Me Down Chapter 28
Lay Me Down Chapter 29
Lay Me Down Chapter 30
Lay Me Down Chapter 31
Lay Me Down Chapter 32
Lay Me Down Chapter 33
Lay Me Down Chapter 34
Lay Me Down Chapter 35
Lay Me Down Chapter 36
Lay Me Down Chapter 37
Lay Me Down Chapter 38
Lay Me Down Chapter 39
Lay Me Down Chapter 40
Lay Me Down Chapter 41
Lay Me Down Chapter 42
Lay Me Down Chapter 44
Lay Me Down Chapter 45
Lay Me Down Chapter 46
Lay Me Down Chapter 47
Lay Me Down Chapter 48
Lay Me Down Chapter 49
Lay Me Down Chapter 50
Lay Me Down Chapter 51
Lay Me Down Chapter 52
Lay Me Down Chapter 53
Lay Me Down Chapter 54
Lay Me Down Chapter 55 (COMPLETED)
One Shot!!!!!
Lay Me Down One Shot Winner

Lay Me Down Chapter 43

221K 1.9K 249
By Thischickisbomb

Wow I got 1,000 fans. That's amajor accomplishment for me. I think all the new fans for fanning. It really means alot and I hope you are enjoying what you are reading. I also what to think just everyone one of you for reading, voting, commenting, and all that good stuff.  Yall's comments really make me smile. I might not get to reply to all of them, but I love and appreciate every single comment I get!

VOTE.COMMENT.LIKE.TWEET

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I awakened sometime in the late afternoon next to Carter, naked and inside his arms. God, this was amazing! Last night was amazing! Carter was- is amazing! I was just this over happily girl who was probably getting excited over nothing. I still had to stay in reality and come down off of my cloud nine.

Carter had a girlfriend and yes, I wanted to be with Carter, but I didn’t want to be the reason they broke up no matter how much I disliked Ariel. Yes, I wish that I could just rub it in her face, but that wasn’t me and it really wasn’t the way to handle things. Last time I went about things the wrong way I ended up losing my scholarship. This time I didn’t want to make any mistakes that would cause me to lose something that is extremely important to me.

I rolled over in Carter’s arms. He was still asleep and he looked so cute. His chest closed in on mine every time he breathed. His hair ticked the top of his forehead. His perfect tan skin was illuminated by the light coming in through the window and his eyelashes fluttered every now and then. The thin line of his mouth just looked so kissable even when he was asleep. He was perfect! He was the man of my dreams.

I reached my hand out and lightly stroked his jaw bone, his smoothness connecting with the tips of my fingers. His eyes snapped open and he stared at me and then a smile spread across his face causing his lips to look even more kissable. I think that I was obsessed with kissing Carter.

“Good morning,” I said in a groggy voice.

“Good morning,” he replied.

I chuckled and he gave me a weird look. I knew he thought I was dumb, but he just always made me feel like this giddy little girl, who couldn’t stop laughing because she was so damn happy.

“How are you feeling,” he asked as he moved closer to me, if that was possible, and began playing with my hair.

“Spectacular,” I replied causing him to laugh. He inched his face closer to mine and he kissed my lips softly then pulled back.

“I love you,” he said.

I smiled and I knew he was waiting for me to say it back, but I couldn’t and it wasn’t because I wasn’t in love with Carter because I was. Trust me, I was head over heels for the guy, but he had a girlfriend and I didn’t want to get hurt so I figured that it would be better if I not let him know how I felt truly just for the time being. The smiled began to fade as he realized that I wasn’t going to say it. “Do you not feel the same way?”  

“Carter was this just sex or was it real?” I asked him not answering his question.

“Of course it was real! What do you mean?”I avoided his gaze and began to look elsewhere. “Lizzie, I plan on breaking up with her,” he said fully on point with my thoughts.

“Are you sure?” 

“Of course I’m sure.” There was more silence. I averted my gaze.

“You aren’t going to say it back, are you,” he asked. I shook my head and he let out a deep sigh. “Do you believe me when I say that I love you?” He questioned as his hands roamed across my body.

“I don’t know, can we not think about all the complicated stuff right now? Can we just talk about it later?”

“Yea, whatever you want!” There was a silence amongst us before he decided on speaking again.

“So . . .” He began with a smirk appearing on his face. What was he up to now? “I’m pretty sure that you were screaming my name last night.” I could feel the heat began to rush to my face and I was pretty sure that he could see that I was flustered.

“Gosh Carter, you are so full of it.” 

“You were full of it last night,” he stated. “It . . . being me,” he added.

“Stop with the sexual jokes,” I said placing my head in his chest. “You know how I get.”

“Yea your face turns all red and you get this really cute look, that’s why I do it!”  

“You are so cruel.”

"Whatever, you want to come join me in the shower?”  

“Will you carry me there?”

“You are such a baby!”  

“Come on Carter, please,” I begged while giving him my sad face and rubbing my hands across his chest. He rolled his eyes and got up removing the covers from his body and, like always, I stared, my eyes roaming every inch of his nakedness. He chuckled when he noticed me staring. Once he got to my side of the bed, he lifted me into his arms and I wrapped my legs around his waist to keep from falling. It was early in the morning and he was already excited, he must have been dreaming about me last night.

“Did you dream about me last night?”   I asked him as I kissed along his neck and across his shoulder blades.

“Yea, why?”  He asked curiously

“Just wondering,” I chuckled before we made it to the bathroom where we got down and dirty before actually getting to the cleaning part.

I walked out of the steaming hot bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body and Carter followed with his hands resting on my waist. He tried to reach inside my towel but I slapped his hand away.

“Aww, come on Lizzie,” he pleaded.

“A girl has her limits,” I told him laughing. I was so teasing him.

“Not my girl,” he said as he pulled me toward him wrapping his hands around my waist.

I laughed and tore myself away from him. “I’m going to get dressed.”

He groaned.“Okay, whatever,” he muttered. I walked out of his room and down the hall to where I was staying. I slid on some jeans and a t-shirt before heading back out of the room.

“You ready?” I asked Carter, who had planted himself on the couch.

“Ready for what?”  

“To go to the drug store! You know we did have sex like a million times last night and it only takes one time for the egg to become fe--“

“Alright, alright, I get it,” he muttered cutting me off. I laughed and followed him out the door after grabbing his keys.

I popped the pills into my mouth and swallowed the tepid water that I had gotten from the drug store. The sun was shining into the car causing me to see the dust particles that floated around us.

“What do you want to do today?” Carter asked me. I shrugged my shoulders.“We could stay in bed all day,” he suggested with a wink of the eyes.

I chuckled.“There is always night time for that. Let’s go visit your mom and sister.” 

“My mom is going to figure it out.”  

“Figure out what?"

“That we are having sex. She has like this sixth sense or something. She can just tell.”

I chuckled. That was kind of true. I thought about the situation for a moment. Carmen was destined to find out what was going on and I really didn’t want to go through that with Carmen and Sasha. I mean, I loved them to death and we talked occasionally but I didn’t want them to question me about Carter and I.  Some things were just better left unsaid and Carter and I’s relationship just happened to be one of those things.

“True. I guess I’ll take you up on that staying in bed all day offer,” I told him.

A huge smile spread across his face and he immediately put the car in drive pulling out of the parking lot that belonged to the drug store. We were going to be at it all day again. Gosh, we were like animals.

I sat down across from Carter in the dimly lit restaurant. Jay occupied the seat next to me and Jenny was supposedly supposed to be showing up soon.

“What have y'all been up to lately?” Jay asked and it was obvious that he was referring to me and Carter having sex. So, like always, my face heated up and I knew that I looked flush. I don’t know why that always happened to me but it was just something that I couldn’t control.

“Just chilling,” Carter replied as I turned my head to the side looking out the window. Jay laughed at me when he noticed that I was trying to keep him from seeing my blush.

“Man you must be killing it, because Lizzie is steady blushing all day every day,” Jay stated making Carter laugh.

“Stop!” I said as I nudged Jay in the shoulder. He laughed and I began to look back over the menu searching for what I wanted to order.

“Hey you guys,” I looked up from my menu to see Jenny sitting down next to Carter.

“Hey girl!” I said excitedly.

“How have y'all been?”  

“Oh, Lizzie and Carter have been great,” Jay replied for all of us. Jenny gave me and Carter a weird look.

“Okay, what’s that suppose to mean?” 

“That Lizzie and Carter are getting it in . . . again.”  My mouth fell open.

“Jay!” Carter shouted.

“What?" He acted innocent.

“No way! Really?” Jenny questioned.

“Jay, I cannot believe that you just said that,” Carter stated.

“What? It’s just Jenny!”

“Yea, it’s just me,“ Jenny added.“Is this true Lizzie?” Jenny asked looking at me. Once again the heat rose against my face betraying me. “Oh yes, it is so true! Carter! I thought you were engaged . . . Holy shit! You two are sneaking around. Lizzie, I can’t believe you,” she said laughing.

“What?” I gasped.

“You’re the other woman,” she half yelled.

“Jenny, be quiet,” I scolded her.

“This goes nowhere else,” Carter demanded.

“You know I wouldn’t tell anybody about you guys,” she stated. Carter rolled his eyes.

“That’s bullshit! I know you and Jay and I know that you both can't seem to withhold anything anybody tells you not to tell,” Carter stated.

What? I can’t believe that you think so little of me,” Jenny said faking as if she was really hurt. “But I also can’t believe that you and Lizzie are doing the nasty behind your fiancé’s back.” She was really starting to make me feel bad for doing this with Carter. Ariel was supposed to be coming down in a few days and Carter had told me that he would let her know everything then.

“Shut up Jenny!” Carter told her. “I don’t even know why we even agreed to do dinner with you two and for the record me and Ariel are not engage, nowhere near it” He informed her. 

“Because Jenny won’t come around me unless Lizzie is around,” Jay stated referring to why we came to dinner.

“Oh, whatever, that is so not true,” Jenny stated.

“I can’t believe that you are just using me?” I asked feigning hurt like Jenny had done earlier.

“Come on girl, you know I love you. You are just a very important asset to me right about now,” He said ignoring Jenny’s comment.

“Whatever, I feel used.” He laughed and shrugged me off.“So what do you need to talk to Jenny about?” 

“What?” He questioned.

“Well, obviously you want to see Jenny so much, why is that?” Jay stepped on my foot under the table, but I only laughed.

“Yea, why is that Jay?” Jenny also questioned.

“Because I feel like we really need to talk, but you won’t give me the time unless I tell you Lizzie is coming.” 

“That’s because I know what you want!”

“And what is that?”  

“You tell me.” 

“I think you are making a mistake by marrying this guy,” Jay blurted.

“Umm, maybe Carter and I should give you two some alone time,” I said sliding out of the booth.

“What?” Carter asked obviously not agreeing. I glared at him.

“No, y'all can stay,“ Jenny said. “You guys are good friends and we trust you too.”

I rolled my eyes. Really? I knew that pretty soon the tension would become so thick that It could be cut with a plastic knife and I knew that whatever was about to play out was going to put me and Carter in an awkward situation.

“Why do you think I’m making a mistake,” Jenny asked.

“Because the guy is a douche.”

“Wow, nice reasoning,” Jenny said sarcastically.

“Do you love him?”  

“Of course! I wouldn’t marry him If I didn’t.”  

“Do you still love me?” 

“I knew this was where you were headed.”  

“Answer the question Jenny.”

“Why should I? You should know the answer.”

“Well, I don’t”, he told her.

“That’s just too damn bad,” she said. “I’m leaving.” She began to rise from her seat.

“Why,” he questioned.

“Because you don’t have the damn balls to just tell me what is really on your mind!” 

“What’s really on my mind? You want to know what’s really on my mind,” he asked standing up.

“Duh,” she stated now becoming frustrated.

Carter and I looked on as Jay just stared at Jenny for a moment. Carter loved drama so he was all into this. Without another thought Jay pulled Jenny against him and he kissed her. He held on to her tightly, not even when she tried to push him away did he stop, and he brought their bodies closer together. Eventually she gave in while wrapping her arms around his neck. I felt as if I was watching some soppy chick flick on TV. It was just so cliché! They eventually parted, both of them in some sort of trance. Jenny was the first to be dismissed from the daze.

“I’m engaged,” were her first words spoken.

“I know,” he said as he wrapped his hands around her waist. “But I want you back Jenny.”

“Jay, it’s been years! Why now?”

He shook his head as if he was trying to clear his mind.“Because I realized that I was being stupid and that without you I’m nothing. It’s like my world is only complete when you are in it, like it is right now.”

I watched as she tried to keep the smile from rising onto her face, but she failed and I had to admit that I had a smile on my face also; that was like the sweetest thing I have ever heard in my life. Jenny let out a soft chuckle and I could now see that she had tears running down her face.

Jay groaned.“Come on, don’t be such a baby,” he told her while wiping at the tears.

“You don’t know how long I have waited for you to say that.”

He smiled.“Well, our time is finally here,” he said as he pulled her closer and kissed her again.

“Ahemm,” Carter fake coughed.

I stepped on his foot.“Don’t ruin their moment,” I snapped. I heard Jay chuckle.

“I need to go,” Jenny mumbled against Jay’s neck. “I need to go talk to Johnston.”  

“You want me to go with you?”  

“No, I think I can handle it,” she said pecking Jay on the lips one last time. “I’ll try to come over later tonight,” she said before grabbing her things. “Bye Lizzie and Carter. I’ll see you two later,” she said raising her eyebrows.

I laughed.“See you later,” Carter and I both said.

“I’m going to follow her,” Jay said grabbing his wallet. “I don’t want her and her fiancé getting in any types of altercations so I’ll catch up with you guys later.

We said our goodbyes and he left after Jenny. I guess that moment didn’t turn out to be as chaotic as I thought it would be. Carter and I stayed and ate our food that we had ordered while discussing the whole Jenny and Jay situation. After that we went home to a fun filled evening!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 69.5K 61
"Are you afraid, my wee human?" "Will you hurt me?" "No, Ailsa. I swear to you I will never harm you. I'd rather die than lay a hand on you." "Then...
82.5K 3.1K 29
After she's sold to the mafia, she never thought that love would come in the form of a sizzling gray-eyed bodyguard. *...
368K 9.1K 21
secret ˈsiːkrɪt/ noun plural noun: secrets something that is kept or meant to be kept unknown or unseen by others. Secrets are what we contain and ke...
11.5M 318K 32
"He's staring at you," my sister whispered, wide-eyed. Now that I realised, I could feel someone's eyes burning the back of my head and as I turned a...