Gareth Margrave's Boiling Isl...

By TheDaleyFlames

Two friends now lost from their weird enters into a mysterious one where they saw things that they thought th... More

A/n
Introduction/ Bio.
Two lying Witches and The Warden.
Witches before Wizard
We were a teenage abomination.
The intruder
Convention
Hooty moving hassle
Lost in Language
Once upon a swap
Something Ventured, Someone framed.
Escape of the Palisman
Sense and Insensitivity
The Adventures in the Elements.
The first day.
Really small problems
Understanding Willow
Grom fright.
Wing it like witches
Agony of a witch.
Young blood, old souls.
Separate tides.
Escaping explusion
Echoes of the Past
Through the Looking Glass Ruins
Hunting Palisman
Eda's requiem
Knock, Knock, Knockin' on Hooty's Door
Eclipse Lake
Yesterday's lie
Follies at the Coven Day Parade
Elsewhere and Elsewhen
Any Sport in a Storm.
Reaching Out
Them's the Breaks, Kid
Hollow Mind
Edge of the world
Labyrinth Runners
O Titan, Where Art Thou
Clouds on the Horizon
King's Tide
Thanks to Them
For the Future
Watching and Dreaming

Keeping up A-fear-ances

79 3 0
By TheDaleyFlames

The scene opens with total darkness.

Young Eda: It always starts the same way.

A young Eda suddenly gasps and sits up, panting.

Young Eda: I wake up someplace dark.

Eda finds herself in a shadowy void. She stands up and looks around with a frightened expression. A shadow flashes past behind her. She turns around to look at it.

Young Eda: And then it appears.

The Owl Beast appears. It steps on the ground, causing it to shake. It then stretches its neck towards Eda, stops in front of her, and screeches. Eda cries out in surprise, then turns around and runs away, panting and crying. The scene then transitions into her in her room. She is sitting on her bed, telling this to a healer from the Healing Coven and her mother.

Young Eda: And eventually... I wake up and I know I turned into... that thing.

Healer: I see. Here, take this. [Hands over a large gem to Eda.] It will tell you when the beast's energy is bubbling to the surface. Also, I hear gems are quite fashionable for young witches.

Gwendolyn: Oh, what a beautiful little stone. [To the healer.] May I speak with you outside? [Ushers him outside.] Just a minute, hon.

Eda's mom closes the door. Outside the room, she starts scolding the healer. Eda gets up and eavesdrops on their conversation behind the door.

Gwendolyn: What the heck was that? I thought you were in the Healing Coven, not the Bauble Brigade.

Healer: Mrs. Clawthorne, we have never seen a curse quite like this. I'm not sure it can be healed. Perhaps if we consult the Potions Coven, they may know a way to keep it at bay.

Gwendolyn: Keep it at bay? Oh, no. My daughter is suffering, and I want that thing out! Cut it out if you have to.

Upon hearing that, Eda gasps and covers her mouth. She pants and clutches her chest. Then, she looks up and notices that her window is open. The wind blows, causing it to swing and squeak.

Gwendolyn: [Pushes door open.] Edalyn, I'm taking you to someone else. [Looks up.] Huh?

Gwendolyn notices the open window. The scene then cuts to Eda running through a forest. She eventually stops to catch her breath, then starts walking while looking around.

Young Eda: I never knew this was back here.

Eda trips over something and falls down. She turns around to see what made her fall.

Young Eda: Huh?

Eda notices a suitcase-like object buried in the sand. She picks it up and wipes off the dirt on its surface, revealing an eye shape. The eye then flashes, and the suitcase flies out of Eda's hand. It folds open, with a key turning the lock, unlocking it. A door then opens, revealing it to be a portal leading to an unknown realm.

Young Eda: [Squints.] What?

Gwendolyn: [Distant.] Edalyn! Edalyn, is that you?

Eda hesitates, then runs through the portal. The portal folds up and disappears. Gwendolyn comes out from behind a bush.

Gwendolyn: [Looks around.] Edalyn! Edalyn!

Gwendolyn stops. She looks down with a sad expression, then looks up to her right with a determined expression.

Gwendolyn: I will find a way to cure you, Edalyn. No matter what it takes.

Back at the Owl House in the present, an alarm clock screams, piercing the silence of the room. Eda, groggy and irritated, snatches the clock and hurls it against the wall, shattering it into pieces. She grumbles as she emerges from her nest and approaches the mirror. With a skillful hand, she screws in her fake gold fang, giving her a mischievous smile.

Next, Eda focuses on her appearance, meticulously shaving off feathers from her leg. Once satisfied, she opens a well-stocked cupboard filled with an array of elixirs. Carefully selecting one, she raises it to her lips and takes a hesitant sip. The taste immediately causes her to recoil, expressing her disapproval with a resounding "blaghs." Returning to her room, she dons a new dress, only to tear a portion of the front off, adding her signature touch.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Luz and Y/n are fast asleep, surrounded by a heap of books, their heads resting on the pile. The rhythmic sound of Luz's snoring fills the room, creating a serene ambiance.

Vilador, an adult witch resembling Eda, is engaged in relevant dialogues and actions, likely going about his daily activities within the house.

Eda: Beans!

Vilador: (perks up) Did someone say beans? Count me in!

Eda smirks, acknowledging Vilador's love for the culinary delight.

Luz suddenly jolts awake, startled by something, and tumbles backward onto the floor.

Vilador: (chuckles) Rough landing there, Luz?

Y/n: (yawns) What's all the commotion about?

Chot-San, a corgi dog and loyal companion, chimes in with relevant barking dialogues, adding his playful presence to the scene. Luz and Y/n pet him affectionately, sharing a moment of connection.

Eda: We ran out of apple blood.

Eda's frustration manifests as she kicks the fridge door shut, then turns her attention to the others in the room.

Vilador: (raises an eyebrow) Uh-oh, no more apple blood? That won't do.

Luz: None. And I was up all night. I read every tome, book, notepad, and tea leaf.

Luz interrupts, expressing her exhaustion and disappointment. She displays a cup containing a tea leaf shaped into a shrugging person, a visual representation of her fruitless search for information.

Y/n: (sympathetically) Don't worry, Luz. We'll figure something out.

Chot-San: (barks reassuringly)

Vilador: (rubs his chin) Have you checked the hidden scrolls in the library? Sometimes the answers are in the most unexpected places.

Eda: I wish I could help ya, kid. My door was already pretty old when I found it.

Vilador adds, continuing the conversation with relevant dialogues, contributing to the discussion.

Y/n: (curiously) How long did you have it?

Vilador: Well, it's been decades since I stumbled upon that old door in the wilds of the Boiling Isles. Time sure flies.

Eda: Yeah, it's been with me for as long as I can remember.

From somewhere within the Owl House, Lilith's piercing scream suddenly interrupts the discussion, capturing everyone's attention. Eda, Luz, Y/n, and Vilador gasp in alarm and rush to the living room, where Lilith is undergoing a transformation into her beastly form.

Lilith: (pleading) Help... me.

Reacting swiftly, Eda retrieves a bottle of elixir hidden beneath a pillow on the couch and rushes to Lilith's side.

Eda: Calm down, just calm down. (Feeds Lilith the elixir) The curse acts stronger when you're stressed.

Lilith's feathers begin to dissipate as the elixir takes effect, bringing her relief.

Lilith: (panting) That was... horrible. How have you managed all these years?

Eda: Well, it's been hard. (Helps Lilith up) But since we split the curse, at least the elixirs are working again.

Lilith: (relieved) That's a relief.

Lilith notices her missing left hand, and her expression turns to terror. Luz cries out in shock, mirroring Lilith's distress.

Eda: (bending down to pick up Lilith's hand) Oh, yeah, sorry. Side effect of the curse. It's actually fun once in a while. (Sets the hand back in place) Now don't worry. I've stashed elixirs all over the house. (Reveals hidden elixirs under the couch seat, behind a flower pot, and pulls one out of Luz's hood) Whenever you start feeling feathery, just help yourself to one of these bad boys.

Y/n: (offers reassurance and support) Lilith, we're here for you. We'll find a way to make things better.

Luz: (clapping her hands excitedly) Ooh!

Chot-San: (barks happily)

Y/n engages in relevant dialogues and actions, displaying their commitment to the group and their determination to overcome challenges.

Lilith: [Regretfully] I had no idea this is what I did to you. I am so, so sorry.

Eda: Eh, at least I got company now. She hands Lilith a bottle of elixir. And you got me if you need anything.

Eda pats Lilith on the shoulder and walks out. Lilith lies down on the couch and notices a few bottles of elixirs taped to the ceiling. A smile forms on her face.

The scene cuts to Eda, Luz, Y/n, and Vilador standing outside the Owl House. Luz walks up to Eda.

Eda: As I was saying, I've had the portal door for years. But I originally just found it in the dirt. Never figured out who made it or where it came from. I just kept it to myself.

Chot-San barks excitedly.

Y/n: (curious) Why wouldn't you tell anyone?

Luz: (nodding) Yeah, we're a team. We could have helped you figure it out.

Vilador: (intrigued) Indeed, a little teamwork goes a long way.

Luz: (eager) So, why keep it a secret?

Y/n: (supportive) We're all in this together.

Eda raises an eyebrow, looking slightly taken aback.

Eda: Why? Suddenly curious about my past?

Y/n: (encouraging) Always. Always curious.

Luz: (enthusiastic) Yeah, you're a fascinating enigma, Eda.

Eda: (hesitant) Well, I may have been using it to hide from someone.

Y/n: (curious) Hide from who?

Eda: (guarded) Let's just say, someone from my past I'd rather avoid.

Luz: [Intrigued.] Ooh, mystery and suspense! This keeps getting better!

Y/n: (determined) Well, whatever it is, you don't have to face it alone. We're here for you, Eda.

Eda: (appreciative) Thanks, kid. You're all good eggs.

Suddenly, Gwendolyn appears in the distance, interrupting their conversation.

Gwendolyn: Probably me!

A sudden strong gust of wind starts blowing, forcing Eda and Luz to shut their eyes and shield their faces. A bird flies, and a tornado emerges.

Y/n: (surprised) Magic bird tornado?

The tornado stops, and Gwendolyn lands in front of them. The bird lands back on her staff, transforming into a palisman.

Gwendolyn: Hello, little witchlet. She vanishes her staff, then runs forward with open arms. Come here.

Vilador: (excited) Ooh, family reunion!

Eda stops Gwendolyn from coming closer by pressing her hand on her head.

Gwendolyn: Oof. Are we still on that? I'm your mother. Call me "Mom."

Luz and Lilith look shocked at the revelation.

Luz: (curious) How did we not know about this?

Y/n: (supportive) Family secrets can be complicated.

Gwendolyn: It is so good to see you again. She squeezes Eda's face with both hands. How are you feeling? Are you eating well? I heard all about the Petrification Ceremony. Trust me, I have a lot of strong words for that Belos.

Vilador: (observant) Seems like they have a complicated history.

Y/n: (curious) What happened between them?

Eda: Replies to Gwendolyn while freeing herself Let's just say we have our differences, Mom.

Y/n: (supportive) We all have our family dynamics.

Luz: (excited) This is intense! The family reunion we never expected.

Lilith jumps onto Eda's back and stands in front of her.

Lilith: Mother! Mother, you know, I was there too.

Gwendolyn: Oh, hello to you too, sweet flea. She touches Lilith's hair. Still dyeing your hair, I see. Well, it's very sleek. Now give me a moment with Edalyn, dear. It's important.

Lilith looks surprised, then becomes sad and backs off.

Gwendolyn: That's right! Today, I am about to complete a 30-year mission.

Eda: (annoyed) Oh, no.

Gwendolyn: Your mother has finally succeeded.

Eda: (pinching her eyebrows) Here it comes.

Vilador: (intrigued) A mission? What is she talking about?

Eda: (resolute) I said, "No, thanks." I got my elixir system. I'm good.

Gwendolyn: But... But who knows what they put in those nasty concoctions?

Eda: Actually, I do. And she grabs Gwendolyn's staff. Would you look at the time? She makes Gwendolyn sit on her staff. I got a lot to do today. So sad to see you go. Okay, bye!

Eda slaps Gwendolyn's staff, sending her flying away. She then dusts off her hands.

Eda: Moms. Am I right?

Everyone looks at Eda with a completely shocked expression on their faces.

Vilador: [Concerned] Eda, that was quite reckless. She was offering you a cure!

Luz: [In disbelief] I would give anything to see my mom right now, and you just sent yours flying into the sky?

Chot-San: [Barks worriedly]

Lilith: [Frustrated] I haven't seen Mother in forever! And she was handing you a cure on a silver platter!

Y/n: [Worried] Eda, are you sure that was the right thing to do?

Luz: [Agreeing with Y/n] Yeah, launching your mom like that... I don't know.

Eda: Oh, listen, she comes around every year, toting a new cure for my curse. [Starts walking into the house] But they never work, so I am done getting my hopes up.

Vilador: [Expressing concern about the curse]

Y/n: [Continuing to worry] Eda, maybe you should have at least listened to her.

Luz: [Curious] She visits you regularly?

Lilith: [Surprised] Mother visits Edalyn... regularly? [Follows Eda into the house.]

Luz looks to her left and sees Gwendolyn walking away with a sad expression. She makes a pitiful sound.

Y/n: [Curious and concerned] Should we talk to her?

Luz: [Calling out] Mrs. Clawthorne?

Gwendolyn turns around.

Y/n: [Nervously] Is it the right thing to do?

Luz: [Responding to Y/n] I have to try. [Runs up to Gwendolyn] I'm Luz. Eda's apprentice. I think what you're doing is so sweet. Eda can just be so... Eda sometimes.

Y/n: [Curious] What are you doing?

Gwendolyn: Call me Gwen, dear. But please don't blame Edalyn. It was the curse that created the rift between us.

Luz: I understand. Right now, there's an actual rift between me and my mom in the Human Realm.

Gwendolyn: Human Realm? Hmm. [Gasps] My dear, I may know how to fix both our rifts.

Y/n: [Eager] Really?

Luz: [Excited] Tell us!

Gwendolyn: I've heard some information that may assist you on your quest. Help me cure Eda's curse, and that information is yours.

Luz: [Exhilarated] Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! Where do we start?

Gwendolyn: We'll be consulting someone... [Grabs her necklace, the rune on it starts flashing] very special.

Scene cuts to Luz, Y/n, and Gwendolyn walking to a specific location.

Y/n: This is quite an adventure we're on.

Luz: I can't believe we're going to meet a curse expert! This is so exciting!

Y/n: I hope they can help us find a way to mend the rift between you and your mom, Luz.

Luz: Yeah, and maybe even find a way to help Eda with her curse.

Gwendolyn: Yes, after years of dealing with the Healing Coven, I finally found someone who promised me a cure. Ah! Here we are.

Gwendolyn, Luz, and Y/n stand in front of a stone door. Gwendolyn approaches the door and displays her necklace. The door flashes and opens up, revealing a cave. They walk into the cave. Inside, an old witch with four hands is sitting on an altar, while a gremlin with boils on his eyelids kneels in front of him.

Gremlin: Please, they're so itchy.

The old witch waves his hand, casting a spell circle. A circle of purple light surrounds the gremlin, lifting him up. The light flashes, and the gremlin is healed. Gwendolyn, Luz, and Y/n gasp at the sight, with Gwendolyn looking happy and Luz looking shocked. The gremlin is then gently placed back on the ground.

Gremlin: Boils, they're... they're gone! Thank you, Wortlop. Thank you.

Gwendolyn: That's Master Wortlop. He's a traveling curse expert who's perfected next-level healing magic.

Master Wortlop gestures for Gwendolyn to come over.

Gwendolyn: Ooh.

Gwendolyn pushes Luz aside and passes her staff to her. She walks up to Wortlop and kneels in front of him.

Master Wortlop: Gwendolyn, my pupil. Your aura is shining bright.

Gwendolyn: It took many months, but I was able to gather the sacred items you requested.

She takes out an egg, a dagger, and a chalice.

Gwendolyn: The copper egg from the Snowy Rib Cage, the silver dagger from the Swampy Toes, and the golden chalice from the desert of Palm Stings.

Master Wortlop: You're a dedicated mother, aren't you?

Master Wortlop summons a tome out of thin air.

Master Wortlop: Inside this tome is the healing ability you seek.

He passes the tome over to Gwendolyn.

Master Wortlop: But keep it away from the eyes of non-believers, for many will be blinded by the power it holds.

Gwendolyn looks at the tome in awe.

Gwendolyn: I understand.

She stands up and bows to Master Wortlop.

Gwendolyn: I am in your debt, Master Wortlop.

The scene cuts to the dense forest, with rays of sunlight piercing through the thick canopy. Luz and Y/n, their brows glistening with sweat, carefully secure a rope to a sturdy tree trunk.

Gwendolyn observes their work, a hint of admiration in her eyes. Her palisman hovers above her, gently placing her on a nearby stone.

Gwendolyn: Excellent job, kids. (She straightens her robes) With Wortlop's tome and your skill in luring Eda out of the house, we are well on our way to finally curing her curse.

Y/n looks at Gwendolyn with a mix of anticipation and skepticism.

Y/n: Are you confident this plan will work? The crystals and all?

Luz, ever the optimist, chimes in.

Luz: Oh, definitely! Eda can never resist the allure of apple blood. And if these special crystals can lower her defenses, it's a win-win.

Y/n furrows their brow, wanting more reassurance.

Y/n: But how did you become Wortlop's pupil? What did you have to do to earn his secrets?

Gwendolyn, her gaze distant yet proud, closes the ancient tome she had been studying.

Gwendolyn: Ah, becoming his pupil wasn't an easy task. It required a year of undertaking treacherous quests, braving perilous landscapes, and facing dangerous creatures. I had to prove my dedication and resilience. (She flexes her bicep muscles playfully) And as you can see, I didn't come out with too many scars.

Y/n nods, impressed by Gwendolyn's determination.

Y/n: That's truly remarkable. Your commitment to finding a cure for Eda's curse is commendable.

Luz, unable to contain her awe, interjects.

Luz: That's amazing! You must have learned so much about magic and healing. I can't wait to see your skills in action.

Luz stands up, feeling a surge of excitement.

Luz: Oh, and by the way, your bicep game is on another level!

Y/n tries to refocus the conversation.

Y/n: Luz, let's stay focused on the task at hand.

Luz snaps back to reality, her enthusiasm slightly tempered.

Luz: Right, right. Sorry, got carried away.

Suddenly, the sound of a snapping twig echoes through the forest, followed by the rustling of leaves.

Gwendolyn's eyes widen, a mix of anticipation and nervousness.

Gwendolyn: It seems our signs have worked. She's coming.

Gwendolyn, Y/n, and Luz quickly move into position, hiding behind the dense foliage.

Eda, with her staff in hand, emerges from the thickets, her eyes scanning the surroundings.

Eda: Oh, baby, time to stock up on Mama's night juice.

Gwendolyn and Luz exchange glances, their excitement growing.

Perched on a sturdy branch, Gwendolyn leans toward Luz, her voice barely a whisper.

Gwendolyn: According to Wortlop's tome, we begin by using these special crystals to weaken her defenses. They have a calming effect that should make her more receptive.

Eda's attention is caught by a shimmering crystal descending from above. With quick reflexes, she narrowly avoids its impact, spinning her staff to shatter the remaining crystals that fall in her vicinity. Another crystal hurtles toward her, but she skillfully sidesteps it, displaying her agility and reflexes.

Gwendolyn, Luz, and Y/n watch with bated breath, witnessing Eda's impressive maneuvering.

The stage is set for their daring plan to unfold, as they prepare to confront Eda and attempt to heal the curse that has plagued her for so long.

Eda, still lying on the ground, looks up at the hovering cloud with a mix of confusion and concern. The cloud's face appears mischievous, its eyes gleaming with a hint of mischief.

Y/n's worry deepens, and they exchange a concerned glance with Luz.

Y/n: Are you sure about this? Putting Eda on ice?

Luz: Yeah, that sounds a bit extreme. Are there any other options?

Gwendolyn, unfazed by their hesitation, maintains her determined expression.

Gwendolyn: Trust me, it's not what you think. This cloud is a special freezing spell that will help us contain and neutralize the curse within Eda.

Y/n: But what about Eda herself? Won't she be harmed?

Gwendolyn: Fear not. The freezing spell is designed to target the curse specifically, leaving Eda unharmed. It's a delicate process, but I have complete faith in its effectiveness.

Luz, still unsure, looks at Gwendolyn with a mixture of concern and hope.

Luz: Okay, I trust you. We just want Eda to be free from this curse once and for all.

Y/n nods in agreement, their worry gradually giving way to a glimmer of hope.

Y/n: Let's do this. If it means saving Eda, we're all in.

Gwendolyn's eyes sparkle with appreciation for their trust and determination.

Gwendolyn: That's the spirit. Together, we will overcome this curse and bring back the Eda we all know and love.

Luz takes a deep breath, summoning her determination.

Luz: So, how do we use the freezing spell? What's the plan?

Gwendolyn reaches into her bag and retrieves a shimmering crystal.

Gwendolyn: This crystal holds the power of the freezing spell. We'll need to position it at the center of the curse's energy, which is emanating from Eda's heart.

Y/n: And then what?

Gwendolyn: Once the crystal is in place, the freezing spell will be activated, encasing the curse in ice and halting its negative effects on Eda. It's a delicate process, but with your help, we can succeed.

Luz, determination burning in her eyes, steps forward.

Luz: Let's do it. Eda deserves to be free, and we won't rest until she is.

Gwendolyn nods, a sense of camaraderie forming among the trio.

Gwendolyn: Together, we will bring an end to this curse and restore peace to Eda's life.

With renewed determination, they prepare to face the next step of their journey, ready to confront the curse head-on and offer Eda the chance for true healing.

Scene cuts back to the dense forest, where sunlight filters through the canopy, casting dappled shadows on the ground. Eda, determined and somewhat frustrated, makes her way through the thick undergrowth, her sharp eyes scanning the surroundings.

Eda: (muttering) This... better be... the oldest, strongest, stinkiest apple blood ever.

As she walks, Eda catches sight of a sign poking out from behind a tree trunk. It reads, "IT REALLY IS ¡THAT GOOD!" The frustration on her face is evident as she lets out a frustrated scream, feeling increasingly irritated by her fruitless search. Nevertheless, she continues onward, her determination unwavering.

However, her luck seems to take a turn for the worse as Eda steps on a sticky, gooey substance hidden beneath a layer of fallen leaves. She manages to regain her balance but looks down at her newly acquired shoes, now soiled. A pained groan escapes her lips.

Persisting through her misfortunes, Eda forges ahead. Unbeknownst to her, a hidden trap lies in wait. As she steps forward, she triggers the concealed mechanism, causing the ground beneath her to give way. Eda is sent flying into the air, her scream echoing through the forest.

Gwendolyn, watching the events unfold, wears a grave expression on her face, fully aware that the curse plaguing Eda isn't the only challenge she faces.

Eda lands abruptly, crashing into a dense thicket of bushes, her Owl Staff swooping down to her aid.

Eda: (reaching out to her staff) Help Mama up.

Y/n's worry intensifies as they exchange concerned glances with Luz, who is equally shocked by the chaotic turn of events.

Y/n: Is Eda going to be okay? This curse is causing so much trouble.

Luz: I don't think our methods are working. We need a different approach. Did Wortlop ever mention where he learned these techniques?

Luz directs her question towards Gwendolyn, hoping for some clarity amid the confusion.

Gwendolyn, her attention briefly diverted by a crow phone, turns to face them with a determined look.

Gwendolyn: Actually, Wortlop's ancient tome is just the beginning. It's part of a larger collection, and I'm currently working on acquiring the rest. I had to make some sacrifices, but it will be worth it.

Y/n, their suspicion growing, raises an eyebrow.

Y/n: What sacrifices? And are you sure Wortlop is genuine? This all feels too risky.

Luz: (worried) Y/n has a point, Gwendolyn. We don't want to put Eda in even more danger.

Gwendolyn, her resolve unshaken, defends her choices with conviction.

Gwendolyn: I assure you, I would never jeopardize my daughter's well-being. Wortlop is a renowned expert, and his methods have helped countless individuals. I'm certain he can help Eda too.

Luz's doubt lingers, but she decides to give Gwendolyn the benefit of the doubt for now.

Luz: Let me see that book. Maybe there's something we missed.

As Luz approaches, ready to examine the tome, Gwendolyn stops her, raising a hand to halt her progress.

Gwendolyn: Hold on. The tome is only meant to be touched by those who have earned the right. Only those who have scaled Wortlop's "Pyramid of Study" can handle it.

Luz, undeterred, summons vines from a nearby plant glyph, skillfully retrieving the tome from Gwendolyn's grasp.

Gwendolyn: Hey!

Y/n observes the exchange with a mix of curiosity and concern.

Y/n: Luz, what did you find in the book?

Luz flips open the ancient tome, scanning its pages intently.

Luz: (perplexed) This... It's filled with absurdities! Jar of bees for existential dread? Aromatherapy for broken legs? Bird songs for sufferers of stuffy noses?! Gwendolyn, Wortlop is a fraud!

Y/n's worry deepens, their voice tinged with concern.

Y/n: This means we've been following false information all along. What are we going to do now?

Luz, a mixture of frustration and disappointment evident on her face, pinches her eyebrows in frustration.

Luz: (angered) I can't believe it! We've wasted so much time and effort. Argh, whatever. I'll just gather more elixirs from the house.

Gwendolyn interrupts, her tone carrying a mix of urgency and regret.

Gwendolyn: I'm afraid that won't be possible. Hawksley cleared out every bottle hours ago.

Y/n's worry turns into full-blown concern.

Y/n: What? Why would you let him do that?

Gwendolyn's expression softens, her love for her daughter shining through.

Gwendolyn: Because I am a mother who will do anything for her daughter. I thought this was the only way to save Eda.

Gwendolyn: (Trying to throw away the bottle of elixir) No, we can't use this! It's a scam!

Luz: (Leaping towards Gwendolyn) Give it to me!

Y/n: (Jumping towards Gwendolyn) No, stop!

Amidst their struggle, Gwendolyn, Luz, and Y/n collide and all of them fall to the ground.

Eda: Ugh. (Throws away a flying snake stuck in her hair) Woo, this ain't good.

Behind Eda, both Gwendolyn and Luz scream as they fall from above. They land behind a bush while the elixir shatters when the bag hits the ground, grabbing Eda's attention. Gwendolyn rubs her forehead in pain.

Eda: Hey!

Y/n: (Worried) Eda, we were just trying to help you. We thought this would heal you.

Luz: (Nervously) It was a mistake, Eda. We didn't mean for any harm.

Y/n: (Regretful) We're sorry, Eda. We didn't realize the consequences.

Gwendolyn: Witchlet, it's okay. We were only trying to heal you.

Y/n: (Regretful and worried) But we messed up. We should have been more careful.

Luz: Eda, please try to stay calm.

Eda: (Angry) Why? Why should I be calm? You nearly killed me!

As Eda speaks, more feathers start popping out from her body.

Y/n: (Worried) Eda, we didn't mean for this to happen. We wanted to find a way to help you.

Luz: We're really sorry, Eda. We thought we were doing the right thing.

While speaking, Eda closes her eyes. When she opens them, her eyes turn fully black. She transforms into her Owl Beast form in front of Luz, Y/n, and Gwendolyn. The scene changes to Eda lying face down in the shadowy void with her eyes closed. The Owl Beast steps in front of her, rumbling the ground. Eda opens her eyes and notices the large Owl Beast standing in front of her.

Eda: Ooh, let's get this over with.

Y/n: (Worried) Eda, wait!

Luz: (Worried) Eda, please!

Gwendolyn: Don't worry. According to this... (Casts spell circle and summons the tome, looks at it) we just have to... uh...

Y/n: (Harsh) What do you mean, "uh"? We need a plan!

Luz: What does the tome say?

Gwendolyn: (Turns to show Luz the tome) Buy the next volume...?

(Luz takes a deep breath, then makes an exasperated grunt)

Eda: (Growling, closing in on them) Raaargh!

Behind them, King screams and runs out from a bush. He notices the Owl Beast Eda and cries out in shock, along with Vilador.

Vilador: (Worried) What's happening?!

Luz: King?! Vilador?!

King: So, Lilith was feeling stressed and, uh, the light glyph didn't really work. So, uh... uh... uh...

Vilador: (Worried) We need to help them!

A large shadow flies past them from above. They all look up, gasping. Lilith in her Raven Beast form turns around and lands in front of them, revealing herself to be much larger than the Owl Beast Eda.

Vilador: (Worried) Lilith?!

King: She turned into that thing!

Gwendolyn: (Shocked) Sweet flea?

Lilith lets out a loud roar. Eda roars and rushes towards her, and Lilith snatches Eda and flies off with her. Luz, Vilador, King, and Gwendolyn watch in total disbelief. Luz picks up the Owl Staff and rides atop it, ready to take off with Y/n and Chot-San. Vilador follows with his Palisman.

Gwendolyn: (Disbelief) That... was my little sweet flea? That means she's also...

King: Cursed! Yes! Were you not paying any attention to her? (Climbs up the Owl Staff and sits behind Luz.)

Luz: We have to help them. Will you come with me? (Reaches out her hand)

Gwendolyn: (Hesitates) This... This must be part of the process, right?

Luz: (Closes her eyes) I can see you still need a little time. (Opens her eyes) Alright, Owlbert. (Owlbert hoots) Let's fly!

Y/n: (Elegant) We will do whatever it takes to save Eda and Lilith.

Gwendolyn: (Looks at Luz flying away with a hesitant expression while clutching her necklace) Wortlop... he's not a fake, is he? (Lands in front of the cave door) After everything I did for him...

The cave door is not fully closed, leaving a gap for Gwendolyn to peep inside. She sees something and gasps. Inside, someone has hung up Master Wortlop's clothing accessories. The camera zooms out, revealing four gremlins surrounded by piles of snails. One of the gremlins is trying on some jewelries. A fire pit with fire bees in it can be seen in the middle of the cave.

Gremlin #1: Hey, what do you wanna call this one? (Digs up a pile of dirt with his hands and puts them in a jar)

Gremlin #2: (Staring at his jewelries) Eh, I don't know. Cleansing mud?

Gremlin #3: Yeah, from the Healing Bogs of the Hips or whatever. What do you think? (Looks to Gremlin #4)

Gremlin #4: I think... (Turns around, covering his eyes) we're gonna be rich! (Puts down his hands, revealing some fake boils on his eyelids)

All four gremlins laugh. Suddenly, the fire becomes bigger, causing them to scream and scamper away. Gwendolyn uses a spell circle to separate the fire. She gazes ahead with a furious expression. Three of the gremlins rush to the altar and put on the clothing accessories, pretending to be Master Wortlop.

"Master Wortlop": Mrs. Clawthorne? (Clears throat, changes to a deeper voice) What a fortuitous surprise.

Gwendolyn: (Sternly) You know, right after Eda was cursed, I joined the Beast Keeper Coven. (A fire bee lands on her finger, then flies away) I thought they surely would know what to do. But the beast keepers told me the curse couldn't be tamed. And the healers told me it couldn't be... (Changes to a sad expression) healed. Eda told me she found something that made it manageable, at least. But I didn't listen.

"Master Wortlop": I could give you the next volume. 5% off? 10% off?

Gwendolyn: (Sternly) Leave.

The fire behind her becomes larger, startling "Master Wortlop". Gwendolyn gives him a death stare with the fire burning behind her.

Gwendolyn: (Sternly) And if I ever see you in Bonesborough again, every beast in the forest will be after your head!

The three gremlins jump out from under the robe, scream, and immediately dig their way underground. The fire immediately dies down back to the original fire pit size.

Gwendolyn: (Chuckles) Still got it.

Scene cuts to a shot of Bonesborough. Owl Beast Eda and Raven Beast Lilith both fly past the camera. Eda tries to escape Lilith, but she keeps on pursuing her. Lilith manages to catch Eda and pins her to the ground, damaging some buildings in the process and causing people to flee in terror. Eda kicks Lilith off her and flies away. Lilith growls and pursues Eda again. They continue fighting each other in the air and eventually both crash to the ground. Luz, Y/n, Chot-San, and King fly past on the Owl Staff just in time to see this.

Y/n: (worried) We have to do something! They're destroying everything!

Luz: (concerned) I know, but what can we do to stop them?

Vilador: (determined) I'll try to use my magic to hold them apart!

Y/n: (curious) Vilador, what's the name of your Palisman? I don't think I've heard it before.

Vilador: (proudly) Ah, this is Olaf, my trusty Palisman. He's a spirit of strength and protection.

Luz: (anxiously) We need to find a way to calm them down and break the curse!

Morton: (dejected) No one's bought anything in a while. I should close up shop.

Y/n: (determined) Wait! We need every last elixir you have!

Luz: (eager) Please, we're trying to save someone's life!

Morton: (gasps happily) Oh, in that case, take whatever you need!

Y/n: (relieved) Thank you, Morton. We appreciate your help.

Luz: (excited) Also, do you accept payment in hyper-realistic pencil portraits?

Morton becomes unhappy and closes the panel door in front of Luz.

Y/n: (disappointed) Luz, maybe now is not the best time for art requests.

Luz: (dejected) Shoot! I thought I was improving. (Looks down at the drawing sadly.)

Gwendolyn: (from a distance) Don't worry!

Luz and King turn around in surprise. Gwendolyn lands in front of them and spins her staff. She is carrying a large bag of snails.

Gwendolyn: Mama's here. (Shows the bag of snails.)

Scene cuts back to Eda and Lilith. Eda roars at Lilith. Lilith attempts to bite Eda, but she manages to dodge her and fly away. Eda then lands atop a roof, while Lilith catches up with her and pins her down. Vilador was running out of magic he could use to keep them away from each other. Luz, King, and Gwendolyn watch them from another roof across the duo.

Y/n: (worried) This is getting dangerous. We need to find a way to stop them.

Luz: (worried) I'm afraid Vilador's magic won't hold them much longer.

Y/n: (worried) We have to act fast before someone gets seriously hurt.

Luz: (determined) You're right. Gwendolyn, do you have a plan?

King: (suspicious) Yeah, are you secretly sending us to our deaths?

Gwendolyn: (sternly) No, I'm making things right. We need to find a way to break the curse and restore Eda and Lilith to their normal selves. I have an idea, but we need to work together.

The Owl Beast rushes towards Eda and screeches at her, while Eda stares down at it.

Gwendolyn: (emotional, lovingly) Whether we want it or not, it's a part of you. And I love every part of you.

Eda stops the Owl Beast with her hand. Light flashes between her hand and the beast. The Owl Beast screeches, gradually shrinking. It eventually becomes small and runs away tweeting.

Eda: (calls out) Mom, I can hear you. And you...

Eda pounces on the Owl Beast and pins it down, putting it in a chokehold.

Eda: (determined) My turn to drive.

Scene cuts back to Gwendolyn. She shuts her eyes and puts her forehead against Eda's.

Gwendolyn: (regretful) I'm so sorry.

Eda: (surprised) Mom?

Gwendolyn opens her eyes to find Eda staring back at her, her eyes already reverted back to normal.

Gwendolyn: (lovingly) Witchlet! (hugs Eda)

Vilador's magic finally gives out, and Lilith roars and attempts to pounce at Eda, but Eda grabs her wrist and pins her down. Vilador looks worried.

Gwendolyn: (affectionate) And Lilith... (kneels down in front of her) you were always so self-sufficient.

Gwendolyn caresses Lilith's cheek, calming her down as Vilador smiles warmly.

Gwendolyn: (regretful) But I didn't give you the attention you deserved.

Upon hearing that, Raven Beast Lilith starts sobbing. Gwendolyn shushes her and embraces her, caressing her head.

Gwendolyn: (softly) It's okay. Everything is okay now. (hugs Eda together) I'm here for you both.

Luz, Y/n, and King fly towards them from above. King jumps down from the staff, pinning Eda and Lilith down by stepping on their ears. Luz pulls out the bottle corks with her teeth and dumps the elixirs into Eda's and Lilith's mouths. A cloud of air appears and surrounds the duo. The strong airflow forces Gwendolyn to shield her face and blows King backward. King almost rolls off the roof, but Luz lands just in time to catch him. The cloud expands and flashes brightly, then forms the shape of a bird. Eda and Lilith are pulled upwards. The cloud eventually bursts and gives off a bright flash.

Y/n: (concerned) Is it working?

Luz: (hopeful) I think so. They're ascending.

Y/n: (relieved) It looks like they're breaking free from the curse.

Luz: (impressed) Dang, that is good elixir.

Y/n: (smiling) Yeah, it's definitely powerful.

Chot-San: (barking happily)

Gwendolyn walks forward. Eda and Lilith descend from above, right into Gwendolyn's arms. She sits down with them in her arms and stares at Eda lovingly.

Eda: (opens her eyes and smiles) About time, Mom.

Lilith: (sobbing) Mom, I heard you, but I couldn't stop myself. I... I couldn't do anything. (continues sobbing)

Gwendolyn: (hugging Lilith) It's okay. Everything is okay now. (hugs Eda together) I'm here for you both.

Luz and Y/n smile gladly at the sight of this, while King comes to a realization.

King: (thoughtful) She was... trying to do her best, huh?

Vilador: (sarcastic) Oh, what a revelation.

Gwendolyn hugs her daughters tight and smiles lovingly as Luz, King, Y/n, Vilador, and Chot-San look at them from aside.

Scene changes. It is now nighttime, and Luz, Vilador, Chot-San, King, Eda, and Gwendolyn are standing outside the Owl House.

Gwendolyn: I'm sorry for all the trouble I caused, but I—I just wanted to help. I should've trusted you more.

Eda: Yeah, you (jokingly punches Gwendolyn) should've. But, hey, don't be a stranger. Okay, Mom?

Vilador: [expresses surprise through actions] Wait, Lilith is leaving too?

Eda: [expresses surprise through actions] Lily?

Lilith: [kicks open the door] Mom! I'm ready! [Carries a bindle on her shoulder.]

Eda: [squints at Lilith] Huh?

Lilith: [walks towards Gwendolyn] Well, we were talking and I've decided to go home with Mother and make up for lost time. (Smiles at Gwendolyn.)

(Luz, Vilador, Y/n, Eda, King, and Hooty are surprised at this announcement.)

Y/n: (expresses surprise) Wait, you're leaving too?

Luz: What?

Eda: Lily?

Vilador: [expresses surprise] I can't believe this.

King: You lived here?

Hooty: What?

Gwendolyn: (sad expression) Edalyn, Lilith told me how she gave you the curse. I am so, so sorry to you both, to have this secret weighing you down. (Regretfully) I wish I knew sooner.

Vilador: (expresses sadness) It's been a difficult journey for you both.

Eda: (expresses sadness) We've been through so much.

Lilith: [to Eda] There's still a lot to be learned about this curse, but... it'll be nice to spend some time home and reconnect with Dad. (Eda looks away hearing the last part.)

Gwendolyn: We'll be away for a while, but we have plenty of (takes out a few elixirs from her hair) elixirs stocked up!

Y/n: (expresses curiosity) So, you'll be back eventually?

Luz: Someday my hair is gonna be big enough to do that too. [Looks at Gwendolyn admiringly.]

Y/n: (expresses curiosity) Is that true?

Luz: (excitedly) I can't wait!

King: [incredulously] You actually want that?

Hooty: [cries] No! Lulu, you can't!

Lilith: [touches Hooty's cheek] Hootsifer, I have to. But don't worry, we can be penpals. (Turns around and leaves.)

Hooty: [cries] But I can't hold a pen!

Gwendolyn: (gratefully) Luz, if it weren't for you, I might still be wrapped up in Wortlop's lies. So here's what I should've told you from the start. (Bends over towards Luz.) You're not the only humans to have lived in Bonesborough.

(Luz and Y/n gasp in surprise.)

I hope this version better reflects the actual dialogues.

Please vote and share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52 0 16
It's been a long summer and their "family" doesn't want them to go back to Hogwartz and now neither does the house elf Dobey. But, what no one else u...
48.8K 972 54
After confusing a dangerous monster for a real wizard, Luz is left a little depressed with how gullible she's been. So after walking aimlessly throug...
210 22 23
now with their own monsters, and no memory of who or what they are, the Three teens join forces to find a way home after waking up in a strange real...
1.2K 42 39
When Luna went to a bar one Friday night, all she wanted was to forget her ex. Something she instantly did when she met that one person, who was abou...