THE COLD WAR (Daryl Dixon)

By Cherrypop455

Julianna Wilson always had it rough ever since her mothers passing, men forcing themselves on her, Julia's gr... More

SEASON ONE | INTRODUCTIONS
CHAPTER ONE: LIFE IS A HIGHWAY
CHAPTER TWO: DOWN TO THE QUARRY
CHAPTER THREE: DEPARTMENT STORE
CHAPTER FOUR: GETTING THE BAND TOGETHER
CHAPTER FIVE: MAKING MY WAY DOWNTOWN
CHAPTER SIX: OLD GEEZERS
CHAPTER SEVEN: MAKING PLANS
CHAPTER EIGHT: DRUNK IN THE PAST
CHAPTER NINE: MEN ARE THE MONSTERS
CHAPTER TEN: DECONTAMINATION
CHAPTER ELEVEN: ESCAPING DEATH
SEASON TWO | INTRODUCTIONS
CHAPTER ONE: THE GRAVEYARD SHIFT
CHAPTER TWO: MOTHERLY ADVICE
CHAPTER THREE: SEARCHING AND BITCHING
CHAPTER FOUR: THE DAY GETS WORSE
CHAPTER FIVE: A BUMP IN THE NIGHT
CHAPTER SIX: MEETING OLD MCDONALD
CHAPTER SEVEN: HORSE BACK RIDING
CHAPTER EIGHT: HAUNTED
CHAPTER NINE: DINNER PARTY
CHAPTER TEN: CRAZY PILLS
CHAPTER ELEVEN: THE BARN IS FULL OF WALKERS
CHAPTER TWELVE: PEOPLE ARE NOT WHO YOU THINK
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: TWO IDIOTS WALK IN A BAR
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: TAKING NAMES AND KICKING ASS
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: STEALING LOOKS
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: JUDGING MORE THAN JUDY
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: LOSING THE FARM
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: SHANE WAS EVIL
SEASON THREE | INTRODUCTIONS
CHAPTER TWO: INDEPENDENT WOMAN
CHAPTER THREE: THE INNOCENT
CHAPTER FOUR: THE TRUTH IS OUT
CHAPTER FIVE: ANDREAS IN WOODBURY
CHAPTER SIX: THE DELIVERY
CHAPTER SEVEN: ALONE TIME
CHAPTER EIGHT: STRANGE BEHAVIOR
CHAPTER NINE: FUCK A CORPSE
CHAPTER TEN: TORTURED SOULS
CHAPTER ELEVEN: REUNITED
CHAPTER TWELVE: DONT COME BACK
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: PARANOIA AND GLARES
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: JULIAS NOT THE ONLY NUTCASE
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: MERLE V. DARYL

CHAPTER ONE: FINDING HOME

1.9K 74 38
By Cherrypop455

.
.
.
.
.
.

The next few months had been harsh on the group since losing the farm and watching the barn burn down.

They all were coated in filth due to all the creeks and water sources being mostly dried up or too cold. They never found permanent shelter the group moved every single day trying to avoid the same herd that took the farm from them.

Using a map to track their movements and try to find supplies in the areas they hadn't cleaned out.

As a group they grew close. Really close.

Julia would consider them close friends but- sometimes she felt a weird new emotion she's never felt before. The thought of any of them dying would crush her, it would crush her more then Dale or..... Raya. The others kept casually calling their group a family which would always make Julia snort and move away from them.

She grew closer to Carol and Daryl, they tended to be there for her a lot. Carol would talk animatedly of Sophia to the pair which they'd then ask about Raya.

At first Julia stayed to herself but- then she told them of their free time drawing, playing mermaids at the quarry, and that Raya had said I love you that last day. Telling them she felt guilty for not saying it back even if she didn't mean it, because that had been their last conversation.

The pair gave her condolences saying the girl knew whether Julia said it or not that they had a strong bond but Julia would just wave them off.

The harsh winter also made Julia able to be touched more, only in respectable places. The wind and temperature were freezing and sometimes the bonfire didn't cut it. So- the group would have a big giant cuddle party practically. It was to preserve warmth but the first few times Julia didn't want to partake.

Quite literally telling the group, "I would rather freeze to death like the people on the titanic then touch any of you," But Rick forced her to join in saying he wasn't losing someone from hypothermia of all things.

So Julia got used to Ricks affectionate pats, Carol's rubbing of her arms and back, even Carol playing with her hair.

But when it came to time for the group snuggle Julia always tried to take the end or outside piece. Which Daryl refused to give and Julia would try to physically get on the other side of him but he wouldn't budge at her pushing.

When the weather became nice again for spring Julia decided no more group cuddles for her. If Julia believed in god that's when she would have been thanking him.

So- here the group was now. Clearing out an abandoned house that looked terrible on the inside as it was filthy. Carl immediately searching the cupboards for food as Julia sighs and just leans against the wall.

She knew they wouldn't be staying there long.... They rarely stayed unless night was coming.

The only food was a can of dog food that Carl found and an owl Daryl shot inside the house. Daryl removes the owls feathers as Carl rushes to open the dog food. The room was filled with disappointed silence as they didn't find anything of use.

Everyone in the group was tired and hungry, Julia couldn't remember the last she'd even eaten.

Rick- grew colder since killing Shane and telling the group the secret of being infected. He didn't smile as much, he didn't talk of his hopes or really of much. He talked to Hershel about Lori and the baby still mad at her for not having his back.

Julia had it though. Julia talked to Rick like nothing had happened, and she even told him how Daryl had his back more on the silent side. That's how they became a trio of trust, although Julia would says she was second and Daryl was third in command.

To which he'd scoff and say whatever.

"Here." He says lowly passing Julia a granola bar he'd found at the last house. Julia was going to turn it down but- she really couldn't remember the lay she'd eaten.

She offered her food up a lot of times to Lori and Carl given the circumstances. Lori was ready to deliver any day and her baby bump didn't look normal or healthy. Julia didn't talk with Lori much mad at her for what she'd done to Rick. But Carl- Julia didn't even notice at first how she was going out of her way to talk to him.

Kids used to annoy her but here she was talking to one about stupid stuff like comic books. Julia didn't read or watch anything with superheroes but she allowed Carl to ramble about them. There would be moments it reminded her of Raya when she'd rant about some cartoon Julia would never see.

The one time Carl asked Julia what her scar meant and Julia was about to answer it honestly when Lori pulled him away. She gave Julia a look as the woman scoffed and shrugged. "The dead walking around and your scared about him learning what the word whore means? Why..... scared?" Julia insinuates that Lori is a whore and the woman just gave her a cold stare.

"Thanks." She says to Daryl after getting lost in her thoughts taking the granola bar and eating it. Daryl just nodded and resumed plucking his bird. Rick watches his son open the dog food and grabs the van before throwing it aggressively.

To some it might just look like a dick move but- Julia could see the gilt Rick had. He wanted to keep these people and his family safe and yet here they were with no food or water. The farm happened months ago and Ricks hope of finding a safe place was dying out.

"Psst." T-Dog says as a sign of approaching walkers making Julia stuff the granola the rest of the way down before grabbing her stuff and following the group outside.

She climbs onto the back of Daryl's motorcycle since there wasn't many seats in the few cars they had. This was her new normal that she didn't mind, it was better with daryl then a car full of people. Plus the wind masked the smell of their filth rather then being clammed up in the cars.

No other reason.

It's not like the pair were more flirty or anything..... nope they were just being friendly Julia thought.

Carol always said it was more then that though, she'd elbow Julia whenever Daryl did something for her like the granola bar thing today.

She also would tease Daryl unbeknownst to Julia and he'd have the same reaction of scoffing and saying it was nothing. Carol would just laugh right in his face muttering a sure.

But the two still denied it, and they would for a while....

__________________________________

As the cars stop Julia slowly climbs off Daryl's bike using his shoulders for balance as she steps off. Carol wearing that knowing smile as Julia just avoided looking at it.

Instead she goes to the hood of the car as a map is splayed out in front of them. Daryl creeps up behind her not touching her but his body definitely hovered close. "We got no place left to go." T-dog announces as Julia sighs rubbing her head.

The map just looked like a piece of paper with drawings all over it. She didn't really need to understand it though because the rest of the group did. Julia would just listen to the plan and let the others guide her directionally challenged ass.

"When this herd meets up with this one, we'll be cut off. We'll never make it south." Maggie says with a sigh trying to find a new plan as Daryl tries to look at the map bumping into Julia who gives him a dirty look.

"What would you say? That was about 150 head?" Daryl asks as Julia still glares at him where his hand is close to touching her back but only hovering.

"That was last week. It could be twice that by now." Glenn says with uncertainty making Julia sigh and finally look away from Daryl ignoring his close hovering hand. It slowly touched her back but Julia only flinched, she didn't say anything nasty like she would have before.

"This River could have delayed them. If we move fast we might have a shot to tear right through there." Hershel explains pointing to the map as everyone but Lori, Beth, Carol, and Carl hover around.

Lori was sat resting as Carol kept watch of her, Carl and Beth were put on watch.

"Yeah but this group joins with that one. They could spill out this way." T-dog explains and everyone looks stumped.

"So we're blocked." Maggie agrees solemnly.

"Only thing to do is double back at 27 and swing towards Greenville." Rick states as T-Dog interjects again. "Yeah we picked through that already. It's like we spent the winter going in circles." T-Dog complains and Rick finally has enough of the groups complaining.

"Yeah, I know, I know. At Newman we'll push west. Haven't been through there yet. We can't keep going house to house. Need to find someplace to hold up for a few weeks." Rick states while he stares at Lori who is still sitting alone but Carol had come to listen to the plan.

"All right. It cool if we get to the creek before we head out? Won't take long. We got to fill up on water. We can boil it later." T-dog offers and Rick agrees as Hershel stares at Lori.

"She can't take much more of this moving about." Hershel says with some hesitancy knowing Rick might lash out.

"What else can we? Let her give birth on the run?" Rick asks while Hershel sighs. "Do you see a way around that?" Hershel asks before pushing away from Rick to check on Lori.

"Let's go hunting." Julia states to Daryl who cocks a brow at her for bossing him around. "What?" He asks like he wants her to repeat it.... So she does. "Let's..... go..... hunting...." Julia repeats it slowly for him as he glared at her.

"Why?" He asks like he was fed up he just didn't understand why she wanted to go. "We need to take ricks mind off of this why not keep him busy." Julia whispers and Daryl sighs but calls out to the man.

"Hey while the others wash their panties, let's go hunt. That owl didn't exactly his the spot." Daryl tells Rick who agrees rather quickly. The trio walk through the forest silently looking for any signs of animals, instead they find a train track and follow it.

Soon a small creek of water is found but- that wasn't the great find. A prison with a tall and staring fence comes into view. "That's a shame." Daryl comments as Julia smiles widely looking at Rick. He looked like he was trying to suppress his utter joy at the sight of the prison.

He clamps a hand down on Julia's shoulder giving it a squeeze making her jump at first before leaning into it a bit.

"I'll even let you take the credit for finding it." Julia jokes hitting his stomach as they walk back and for the first time in a long time Rick bellows out a laugh. Daryl could be seen nodding as they walked back all excited to the group of their findings.

When they told the group they were all relieved to not have to move for the night. And seeing the fence and secure building they all looked to have hope again. Especially Lori who looked exhausted, Julia made sure to stay close to her as some walkers exited the forest.

Rick cuts the fence while everyone looks around for any other walkers closing in. Julia called dibs on one and pierced it's head before kicking it off her sword.

She then helps hold the fence open for Lori to climb in, her round stomach making it a little difficult.

T-dog went next and then it was just Rick and Julia outside the fence. Rick tried to make Julia go before him but she gave a dead panned look that had him slip in begrudgingly first.

Daryl and Glenn quickly tied the fence shut the second Glenn puts the last of the wire onto the fence a Walker smashes into it.

Daryl takes the lead of the group running with his cross bow aimed at the sky as they run to see if the outer fence was secure. There was no walkers inside it making Julia sigh with relief her bones aches form lack of nutrition and shelter. She didn't want to fight too many walkers at the moment.

"It's perfect." Rick says as they stare out across the years full of grass and walkers.

"If we can shut that gate, prevent more from filling the yard, we can pick off these walkers. We'll take the field by tonight." Rick says with excitement as Julia smiles at him admirably. He was a good leader, she never doubted him for a second and soon under his eye they'd have the entire prison.

"So how do we shut the gate?" Hershel asks as Glenn immediately offers to do it. Ever since the blowup at Rick months ago Glenn's been trying to weasel his way back on ricks hood side. But- Rick wasn't mad at him he wasn't mad at anyone just disappointed on how quick they changed on him.

"I'll do it, you guys cover me." Glenn said but Maggie shook her head. "No. It's a suicide run." Maggie says with doubt. "Im the fastest." Glenn assures but Rick just says no.

"No, you and Maggie and Beth draw as many as you can over there. Pop em through the fence. Daryl go back to the other tower. Carol you've become a pretty good shot. Take your time. We don't have a lot of ammo to waste. Hershel, you and Carl take this tower...... Julia.... Have my back in there while I run for the gate." Rick says with some uncertainty thinking the woman would say a brisk no and stay put.

It really was a suicide run.

"You got it boss man." Julia says with a smile but her muscles and bones felt ready to protest and she wasn't even running or stabbing walkers yet.

Rick and Julia prepare to run as the others go to their positions. Lori opens the gate for Rick and Julia once the walkers moved away from the door. Rick runs straight towards the gate as Julia trails behind him a bit taking the back. Rick lifts his silencer and put some walkers out as Julia stabs some walkers that come from the side.

At one point a Walker got close to the pair and an arrow pierced it's skull before it could do anything. Rick gives Daryl a nod as Julia just scoffs to herself muttering how she would have got it in a second.

As the pair get close to the gate a shot goes off right at ricks feet making Julia and Rick look to Carol who grimaces. "Sorry." She calls awkwardly as Rick and Julia continue for the gate. Julia stabbing more walkers the closer they get, they get ti the gate and Julia watches Ricks back as he shuts it.

She kills a few walkers and he pulls her to the guard tower, they go inside killing two more before getting to the lookout spot.

"Light it up!" Daryl yells and everyone shoots the remaining walkers even Rick.

Julia uses a pistol and shoots the ones at the bottoms of their tower. Rick starts laugh and smiling and Julia does the same just seeing him happy made her happy.

Rick takes the final Walker out and the shots stop making Julia look around with a fond smile at their work.

But for the splitters of seconds she couldn't help but wonder where or what Raya would have been doing. Probably piercing their heads with Maggie and them.

Julia just shook her head and descended the tower, she needed to stop mourning the already lost she bitterly thought.

Everyone was over joyed as they ran through the grass field making Julia come out of the tower and smile brightly at them. Carol immediately rushing over and checking on the woman who waved a dismissive hand.

Juli rolls her shoulder she'd muscles still aching more now then ever.

_____________________________________

The group moved the vehicles to the gates entrance just in case they went under attack by people or anything but- there wasn't a sound for miles besides walkers groaning.

That night they had a big warning bon fire heating up the water from the creek, and eating some squirrel and rabbit Daryl caught before sundown.

He was now on watch as everyone ate around the fire Julia still Ryan at the back of her sore neck and sighs. If only she had a nice bed to sleep on, she was used to the ground and laying against walls but her back needed a break.

"Just like mom used to make." Glenn teases before throwing the bone he'd been gnawing on. Julia just stuffs her face and mumbles a noise of agreement.

Lori stares at Rick who checks the fence by doing another walk around the yard. Julia knew he was ecstatic to have the farm but he still wanted to keep them fed too. He hoped the cafeteria had food and planned to raid it soon. With this many prisoners surely they had to have a lot of food stored for themselves

Tomorrow we'll put all the bodies together. Want to keep them away from that water. Now if we can dig a canal under the fence, we'll have plenty of fresh water." T-dog states as Hershel nods in agreement.

"And this soul is good. We could plant some seed, grow some tomatoes, cucumbers, soybeans." Hershel says before looking at Rick as he still hadn't ate and joined them yet.

"That's his third time around..." Hershel says as Julia stands and goes to Daryl who stands on a bus that lays on its side.

Julie sets a plate down and climbs up, she needs his help as he pulls her up making her groan. "It's- it's not much but.... You didn't get any yet and- figured you probably wouldn't if I didn't bring you some." Julia awkwardly tells him as he takes the food.

"I guess little Shane over there has got quite the appetite." He says before eating some of the meat with his fingers. Julia busted out with a loud laugh and nodded in agreement. Even in death she was still a Shane Walsh Hater, her tattoo faded a bit due to the fact it's not professionally done but Julia would redo it if need be.

"Could you imagine if- we had to do this with Shane here? None of this would be possible. We probably would have been dead the first month." Julia scoffs shaking her head as Daryl makes a noise of agreement.

Julia rolls her shoulder agin stiffly and she can feel Daryl staring at her. "What's wrong?" He asks and Julia just scoffs. "Nothing. Just- ready for a real bed I guess." She simply stares as he still stares at her.

She had been laying on the ground and most uncomfortable positions for almost a year now, give it take a few days when she actually got a bed at Hershel's and the CDC.

"Hold on." He says setting his plate down and then sucking his fingers clean. He moves behind Julia and begins to massage her back. It felt pleasant, his hands moved all over putting just enough pressure to help her relax.

As his hands drifted a bit lower Julia's guard went back up, "Just massage my back, anything below the waist and I will knee your balls." Juli sneers only getting a scoff back but he kept his hands in respectful places.

Looking over Julia caught Carol staring while walking over and making a face to which she rolled her eyes and looked away.

At one point though his hands slid down her back hardly putting any pressure at all. Daryl's hands slowly sidle up on her side right above her waist holding her but no longer moving.

Julia tenses and waits for his next move but he quickly pulls away clearing his throat. "Better get back." He says gruffly as Julia agrees crossing her arms when a new voice pitches in from down below.

"Pretty romantic." She teases as the pair gape and shake their heads saying excuses as she laughs.

"I'll go down first." Daryl says with a blush to his ears and face as he goes to jump down. "Thats what he said." Julia instinctively states making him hesitate and look at her funny. "Stop." He says with a bit of humor making Carol laugh as she waits for their descent.

Daryl walks ahead of the two women as Carol gives Julia a look. "I saw that." She assures and Julia looks at her like she's crazy. "Saw what?" She plays dumb but- she knew it was about the massage but there wasn't anything spectacular about it.

Nothing strange or over being just friendly.

"Mmmhhmmm." Carol hums and Julia roughly pushed the older woman hissing for her to shut up making Daryl look back as Carol snickers.

Julia hoped Carol never found out about the CDC, if she knew they'd already done something she'd be sure to tease them on that too. But Julia wouldn't tell..... yet.

As the trio arrive Beth is singing and Julia thinks it's beautiful but- she always found people singing cringy. She couldn't help it, maybe it had something to do with the church choir.

The singing even attracted Rick to finally come and sit, everyone listening as Maggie joins in.

"Beautiful." Hershel compliments his daughters as everyone stays silent.

After a moment of silence Rick spoke up, still using her authority voice and acting unmoved by the singing or finally having shelter. "Better all turn in. I'll take watch over there. Got a big day tomorrow." Rick announces making some ask doing what as he looks down and away.

"Look I know we're all exhausted. This was a great win. But we've got to push just a little bit more. Most of the walkers are dressed as guard and prisoners. Looks like this place fell pretty early. It could mean the supplies may be intact. They'd have an infirmary, a commissary." Rick tells the group lifting their spirits once again.

"An armory?" Daryl asks and Rick nods.

"That would be outside the prison itself, but not too far away. Wardens office would probably have info on the location. Weapons, food, medicine. This place could be a gold mine." Rick says with excitement as everyone still seems weary.

But Julia smiles at Rick and nods, showing she would have his back in getting those supplies. Even if she was exhausted she wanted to make him happy  and get the supplies the group needs. Plus with Loris condition Julia wanted space to get away from the woman as she gave birth.

Julia didn't know how she'd react to a newborn baby...

"We're dangerously low on ammo. We'd run out before we make a dent." Hershel voices one of the concerns as Rick already knows an answer.

"That's why we have to go in there... hand to hand. After all we've been through, we can handle it, I know it." Rick assures as everyone stays silent. He soon Lena's towards his son and tries to show his confidence and cheer the boy up. "These assholes don't stand a chance." He tries to say to Carl who smiles briefly before it falls.

Rick really felt disconnected from his family and immediately left again making Julia's heart hurt for him.

Lori surprisingly follows for once and Julia watches as her and Rick have a heated discussion.

Julia just sighs softly and lays down in the dirt staring at the stars and trying to get a good nights sleep.

Tomorrow was going be an exhausting  long day...... with a terrible surprise in store with it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.7K 1K 32
Nell has lost everyone she ever loved. She witnessed her little brother getting tore to shreds right in front of her eyes. And to make things worse...
337K 9.6K 104
[seasons 4 - 11 ] STRANGERS TO FAMILY, 𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝙖 𝙜𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙥 𝙤𝙛 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙫𝙞𝙫𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙖𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 𝙬𝙖�...
53.6K 949 80
Rori Rhee has survived this long, been through so many death. Yet she still had Carl, her parents, and the rest of the group. Except, she's slowly lo...
580K 17.7K 124
"As long as you're in it, Wills, I've got the world already." | *𝐔𝚸𝐃𝚨𝐓𝐄𝐒 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝚱* | Willow never thought she'd belong to a group u...