Ties And Fate (Book 1)✔️

By NunenaClarke

Wang Linxue transmigrated into a novel and becomes the villanous second female lead of a wealthy family. In t... More

Chapter I.
Chapter II (Arc 1).
Chapter III.
Chapter IV.
Chapter V.
Chapter VI.
Chapter VII.
Chapter VIII.
Chapter IX.
Chapter X.
Chapter XI.
Chapter XII.
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII (End of Arc)
Chapter XIX (Arc 2)
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI
Chapter LII
Chapter LIII
Chapter LIV
Chapter LV
Chapter LVI
Chapter LVII
Chapter LVIII
Chapter LIX
Chapter LIX
Chapter LX
Important news!!!
Chapter LXI
Chapter LXII( End of Arc)
Very Important News!!!

Chapter XLVI

1.7K 29 6
By NunenaClarke

Sorry about the update earlier. I mistakenly pressed the Publish button. This is a two in one chapter  so enjoy.
Comment and Vote .

Xi Jinwei, now dressed in his long white sleeved shirt tucked into his dark trousers neatly conversed shortly with some aquiantances of his who were curious about where his fiancée was. He didn't mind , delighted even and said a few words before going to his uncle Shen Huoying who asked him earlier to come see him.

His grandfather had assigned him his uncle to teach him some things he would need as Xi Successor while checking up on things and supervising from time to time since he had the most experience as the Xi Patriarch.

Shen Huoying was the husband of the Xi Patriarch's daughter and father's twin sister so he was given the mandate to teach him though he could not inherit the Xi Corporation.

No wonder Jinwei's surname was changed from Tang to Xi. His grandparents had plans from long ago to make him Xi Successor.

" Ah, Jinwei, you are here. I was just going to tell you earlier that your training has been pushed forward. You leave in two months." Shen Huoying told him as they moved away from the people. His uncle looked stern though his personality was quite different unless situation called for him to be.

" I would like to finish high school before going for the extensive training, uncle." Xi Jinwei stated politely barely unable to contain his anxiousness as he countered his uncle's earlier statement.

"What? Why would you want that? The high school certificate isn't a requirement, you know. With your grades and intelligence, you could get into a reputable university the Xi Family is taking you to. No need to worry." Shen Huoying waved his doubt away though he knew why the boy was asking of this.

" I.... it's not about the c-certificate, it's just that......I want, um, you see-the thing is that, well....." Xi Jinwei fumbled nervously while trying to express himself. He expressed himself just fine earlier. Why was he so tongue-tied now? Damn it!

His uncle laughed inwardly seeing this but he had to be a bit strict when dealing with this situation. To let the boy practice assertiveness and be firm to express what he wanted clearly. Xi Jinwei clearly lacked a fatherly figure but he would do his best as his uncle.

" If nothing else, enjoy the party. We will meet in a few days to continue." Shen Huoying said to him patting his back, waiting to see if he would say anything else but started to turn away.

"I would like to finish high school because, I want to spend more time with my girlfriend, uncle!" He burst out unable to contain himself.

"Are you saying your girlfriend is more important than the Xi Family? That you would put your training on hold for her?" He asked him sternly acting angry.

Xi Jinwei almost scoffed. It's not like he said he would not go for the training. It would only be delayed. If the Xi couldn't grant him this much then he would feel a lot of pressure.

"She's very important to me uncle." He stated indirectly so he doesn't offend his uncle who he clearly respected very much.

" Ok." Shen Huoying stated simply losing his sternness in a flash before patting his nephew's shoulder in understanding. He didn't want to say much.

" Have a good day nephew."

'Wait? Was it that easy or simple?' Xi Jinwei didn't expect to agree so easily and stared at his uncle's back as he left. He stood there in a daze for a few moments he had the chance he wouldn't waste it at all. He went to meet up with his grandfather to talk about the engagement annulment ,like she wants.

" Grandson." The Xi Matriarch came forward to him unexpectedly with his father in tow. She looked a little faint for some.

" Grandmother? What is it?"

" Your father has something to tell you. Please go with him upstairs for a while." She gestured with a small frown on her face.

( Outside at the garden)

" Linxue, I am so sorry. I knew you wouldn't steal but I froze. I wanted to say something but I don't know what came over me. I'm sorry I couldn't defend you when I promised I would." Long Yue sobbed while she spoke.

"It's okay Yue. I understand why you....."

"Don't forgive me so easily Linxue." She shook her head in indignance. She clasped her hand sadly.
" Be mad at me,shout at me. At least do something." She shouted in pain. She really betrayed her long time friend and she felt guilty.

Wang Linxue almost rolled her eyes at her. She understand it was human behaviour to preserve yourself even though it hurt.

She wasn't Holy Mary but she believed in forgiveness. If Long Yue did something similar again, their friendship would basically be over. By the way, Yue was trying to right her wrongs so why hang on it. You'd never know what could happen to someone and you'd wish you did something nice to that person. This matter she could forgive but forget, not so sure.

" Long Yue,I really forgive you okay. I'd probably do same it I were you. So shut up and hug me." Wang Linxue smiled as she hugged her but for some reason the hug felt distant to her.
Though Long Yue was still her friend, she now has deep gratitude for Shen Hui. She would treat the girl later. She just hoped the girl wouldn't give her attitude.

Again.

" Wang Linxue!"

Oh Lord.

" Shen Hui. What is up?" Wang Linxue didn't expect Shen Hui to be here right now.

"Are you nuts? Like really? You're friends with this traitor again?" She asked fiercely before crossing her arms before moving her gaze towards Long Yue. Not waiting for an answer she continued.

" Oh, so you did come to the party. Where were you when your friend was being harassed, huh?"

" I...." Long Yue squirmed.

" It's ok Shen Hui, I put it behind me. We are all human. " Wang Linxue wasn't in the mood to reminisce. She had cried enough earlier.

" Whatever. You are too nice. If it were me I would have already blocked the person from my contacts and my life. Such people don't deserve a second chance. Tch!"

Long Yue could not stand Shen Hui running her mouth on her while acting like she wasn't right there.

" What about you, huh? If I didn't know any better, I would say you liked Xi Jinwei!" Long Yue blurted out though she knew it was stupid to say.

" Are you crazy? He's my cousin. There is no way. Though...." She paused and smirked at Wang Linxue.

" If he wasn't my cousin, I'd probably chase him since he's literally my idol. It's a shame."

'Ok, what is going on? Her mind couldn't keep up. First it was about how Long Yue betrayed her to how Shen Hui wished she was not Xi Jinwei's cousin so she could chase him, now they were bickering about God knows what.

She needed new friends.' Wang Linxue thought tiredly rubbing her temples while watching the two bicker back and forth.

" By the way Wang Linxue, don't you have anything to give me?" Shen Hui asked her again after she was done bickering with Long Yue.

" Um, what would you like and why?" Wang Linxue stated unsure as to why Shen Hui asked her.

" You decide. Call me. Don't make me wait." Shen Hui shrugged like it was none of her business and left. Wang Linxue almost missed the slight blush on her face as she turned away.

Ok?

Wang Linxue went back to the party after a while outside. She noticed the stares on her and knew she had escaped embarrassment this time. That was how the high circle was.
You would all laugh together and lick each other's boots shamelessly but when there was trouble , everyone would turn on you. They all wished ill of each other.

She saw how Ling Zhirou was mingling with the others. Guess if your pretty and come from a wealthy family, you have the world at your disposal.

Not like the Wang was going to be a wealthy family after Ling Zhirou destroys it with her own hands. But she was talented and resourceful so that was something.

****************************

Wang Linxue looked around the nearly empty room that she had called home ever since her transmigration.

Just right after the party ,she had made up her mind to tell her father she wanted to live with her mother permanently . So she packed her things today on a Sunday since it was a weekend and didn't want to miss class the next day . Her custody would go to her mother as part of the divorce agreement.

Her paternal grandparents came by early to see her and asked her to visit because she was still their granddaughter. She wasn't that close to them but she agreed anyway.

Her suitcase and other belongings had already been packed into her mother's car but she stood her in her room looking to see if she left anything important.

The sound of the door opening echoed in the room .
" Are you done?" Wang Linkai asked her coldly after entering. She could tell he was a bit angry and it was related to her.

He received news today that her engagement to the Xi Jinwei was null.
It seemed Xi Jinwei was able to end the engagement very quickly and that was good. Now most of the support that the Wang Family business was having to stay afloat was diminished. The once powerful second tier corporation of the Wang Family was now in tatters.

No wonder Ling Zhirou laid low at the party.

It wasn't her fault anyway but he blamed her nonetheless. Wang Linxue knew Ling Zhirou's last mission had been completed both for herself and the secret organization. No wonder Ling Zhirou laid low at the party. She originally came to the Wang Family to avenge her mother because she blamed her father for ruining her mother's life.

( He accidentally raped her mother.)

The secret organization wanted the Wang Corporation gone because the owner whose code name was Claw was like father to Ling Zhirou so he aided her. Everything was over now.

" Yes father." She answered turning towards him.

A piece of paper ruffled and a cheque was handed over to her. 4 Million Yuan was written on the cheque. No more, no less.

" Here you go, from now on. We have nothing to do with each other." He left the room abruptly leaving Wang Linxue alone.

Wang Linxue wasn't sad, just disappointed. She wasn't going to refuse money so why not. She headed downstairs to see the maids and butler lined up. Ling Zhirou stood there with them with a solemn smile.

Fake.

" Um, no need to see me off." She shook her head a bit touched.

"One, two ,three!" The butler shouted before they all bowed and chorused.
" Have a safe journey, Miss Wang!"

" Thank you." Wang Linxue almost cried that they bid her farewell. She ran into the butler's arm for a tight hug. He always took care of her. Since she changed her bullying ways, the servants , she assumed, liked her even she behaves normally.

" Goodbye sister." Ling Zhirou came forward to hug her, a sweet smell of spring accompanied her. She smelled heavenly. Wang Linxue almost rolled her eyes.

" We will meet in school, won't we?"

"Sure." She bit out sarcastically before parting.

B*tch!

Her mother waited for her in the car and Wang Linxue sat in the passenger seat.

" Mother."

" Mm. Did your father say anything?" She asked quietly looking for her keys in her bag.

"He just gave me a cheque and told me we have nothing to do with each other again." She waved the cheque in the air.

Fang Luman paused and stared at the cheque ,face turning red. She swiped the check from her daughter's hand and moved to tear it but Wang caught her hands in shock.

" We don't need his filthy money Linxue. That f*cker! I'm glad I left. Mother can provide for you Xue Xue, okay?"

" Okay Mom." Wang Linxue said but her heart felt pained like she was having a heart attack. 4 Million was going to be ripped to shreds like it was nothing. Sob, Sob.

Fang Luman saw her daughter's expression and shook her head, placing the cheque in her palm.

" Here. Go buy some clothes with it okay. As a bonus. Mother will take care of you okay?"

" Mm!" Wang Linxue quickly placed the cheque in her purse incase her mother changed her mind.

Quickly, they drove out of the mansion and headed out of the usual estate they lived in. The car drive was quiet but the mother daughter didn't mind. Fang Luman spoke out hesitantly,

" Xue Xue?"

" Mm?"

" I would be going on a business trip from tommorow and I won't be back in a while."

" Ok?" Wang Linxue responded confused as to why her mother's tone was like that.

" I will be going with a colleague of mine. You know Mr Nuo right?"

" Yeah. Your business partner. Of course I know him. He used to come around at home for your projects. But why are you telling me this?"

" He.... He is at my place right now ."

Ok, so?

"Mom, what is it?" Wang Linxue asked directly.

" We are seeing each other." Fang Luman stated hesitantly.

Wang Linxue gaped in surprise. Mr Nuo? That man was always friendly but polite with her mother but she didn't expect them to be together. Mr Nuo didn't have a wife and had never married so she thought he was gay or something because he was such a good looking man without a woman or perhaps he never found someone he liked.

Who knew?

" Xue Xue?"

" It's okay mother .I'm happy for you. And I'll try to be on my best behaviour." Wang lifted three fingers in the air as a promise. Honestly she did not really care anymore. Her own father was blindsided and abandoned her. She would not get her hopes up.

" Ok. Good."

They reached a decent looking high rise apartment building and her mother took out her belongings from the car boot and they both started to move it to the 5th floor were her apartment was.

Opening the door, they was no one in the living room. Wang Linxue placed her belongings down to stretch while her mother picked them up and sent it to a room. Mr Nuo came out from an adjacent room dressed casually like he had been living here for a while now.

" Wang Linxue you're finally here. How are you doing? It's been a while." Mr Nuo greeted her.

" I'm fine Mr Nuo. Nice seeing you again." She smiled.

" That's nice." He nodded and he looked a bit unsure as if expecting a reaction, " Your mother and I ..."

" I already know Mr Nuo. I have no say it."

"Oh.Very well then. Join us for lunch, I prepared them myself."

' Ok, one question. What stage was he and my mother?' Wang Linxue thought.

Wang Linxue raised her eyebrows at her mother who stood at the side watching their interaction.

" Of course we will join Shuzhi. We will be at the table in a minute." Fang Luman grasped her daughter's shoulders with one hand while rolling her suitcase that was left in the living with another and directing her to a room.

" You promised." Fang Luman threatened her.

" Fine, fine. I won't say or do anything weird."

Wang Linxue took a short shower while her mother folded and arranged her clothes in her brown closet by the wall. Her room in this apartment was smaller than the one at the Wang mansion but compared to her tiny apartment in her previous life ,this was very decent. It even had her own bathroom so she wasn't complaining.

She wore baggy dark jeans and a white sweater because nowadays, the weather was colder. Her shoulder length hair was left free to air dry.
She couldn't find her phone anywhere so decided to look for it later and go for lunch.

"Shuzhi, the food smells so good. Come sit Xue Xue. Here try some pork ribs. I know how much you love it. Come on." Her mother put food in her plate and eagerly gestured she eat it.

Wang Linxue lifted her chopsticks and dug in without a word. It was good but she wasn't going to say anything.

' On my best behaviour.' She chanted keeping her head down while eating.

She felt a kick on her ankle and she kicked back. She felt a harder kick and she lifted her eyebrows at her mother questioningly.

Her mother gestured to the food and gave a thumbs up before gestured to Mr Nuo.

The realization dawned on her.

" Mr Nuo, these pork ribs. Aiya, they make my stomach melt in delight. The juicy meat tickles my throat and warms my belly." Wang Linxue made exaggerated expressions so her mother kicked her again to stop.

" Could you cook more next time Mr Nuo? Please?" She made a cute sad face at him feeling her ankle throb in pain.

" Sure. " He laughed, her earlier antics amusing him. " If there anything you want just tell me ok. Your mother and I will be gone for a month at least. If there's anything you could call and ask."

" Thank you Mr Nuo." She smiled proudly at her mother.

See? Best behaviour.

" So Xue Xue, I heard you and Xi Jinwei broke the engagement. Is this true?" Fang Luman wiped her lips.

" Yeah. I can't keep this engagement if it's just a business transaction."

" Xue Xue, you should perhaps give him a chance. He really likes you dear. Maybe you can't see it, but I can. Even Shuzhi can see it."

Shuzhi?

" Xi Jinwei? " Mr Nuo asked unable to put a face to the name.

" Do you remember that boy who used to give me lilies to give to Linxue?"

" Uh...."

" Aish! Don't you remember that boy who looked like a mixed blood who used to come to the house. He used to see us when we were having a meeting."

" Ah." He remembered someone like that during his visits. He could almost be mistaken as a foreigner if you didn't look closely. " He's Xi Jinwei?"

"Yes, they're childhood sweethearts, you should see them together." Fang Luman gushed.

" Ok mother." She wasn't in the mood to tell her they had already started dating. It wasn't even a day old since they had started. They hadn't called each other since the party but that was okay. She'd see him in school anyways.

Mr Nuo asked her a few more questions while they ate and for once in a while eating felt like a family thing once again. Even though she didn't consider Mr Nuo her family.

At least not yet.

(The next morning at quarter to 6 o'clock am)

" Ok, since I've explained everything you need to know we are off Xue Xue. The Nanny comes by twice a week to clean the house ,fill the groceries and others. Am I clear?"

" Mmhm." Wang Linxue rubbed her eye tiredly. Her mother woke her up earlier than her normal wakeup time so she was groggy.

" I hired a driver to drive you around to school so no need--"

" Mom, I'll take the bus, don't worry."

"Why the bus, Xue Xue?"

" I want to mother. Don't worry about me." Wang Linxue yawned in her carrot patterned pyjamas. She had taken public transport so many times and her mother didn't know

" At least take the driver's number just in case of anything ok?"

" Luman. Are you done? " Mr Nuo came out of the bedroom ready to depart.

" Yes.

Be careful. I'll call you when I land ok?"

" Yes mother." Wang Linxue hugged her tightly unwilling to let go. She hadn't had time to spend with her and she was already leaving. Fang Luman took her suitcase and rolled it out the door quietly.

" Call me if you need anything ok?" Mr  Nuo told her as he stood in front of her groggy form.

" Ok Mr Nuo."

The door shut and Wang Linxue was finally alone it the living room. All the sleep left her system.

Great.

She should get ready for school.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

554K 22.8K 149
Disclaimer: Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. They are uploaded here, not for any bad purpose but for entertainment only. Disclaimer...
752K 31.1K 98
Song Jinxi really likes the overlord villain in a story about a sadomasochistic president. The villain is handsome and innocent, smarter than demon...
219K 3.7K 52
Lu Wanwan transmigrated inside a melodramatic and rich-businessman-type novel called The Rich Young Master's Gentle Love. In the original novel, the...
909K 24.8K 43
Being a modern free spirited girl, Gongsun Li couldn't accept her fate as a cannon fodder concubine when she found herself transmigrate into her favo...