Fallen Haven [Baneful] Book 1

By FallenHavenStories

A sanctuary was torn down by the feud between the two most prestigious Mafia families. William is a dangerous... More

A Little Peace
His Intentions?
The First Steps
A Strucken Deal
The Sudden Realization
A New Responsibility
One More Dream
A Ruthless Beginning
A Crazy Plan
Their Escape
A Planned Trip
Finding Niko
A Trip to Paris
The Old Feud
On Your Own
The Extent He'll Go
A Deathly Awakening
Come To Your Senses!
Their History
A Bit Of Freedom
Take Your Notes
Breaking Point
A Lining Victim
Levity He Experiences
The Reveal Of Afaris
A Broken Story
An Eerie Change

A Harsh Reality

13 4 3
By FallenHavenStories

~10 minutes ago~

It was almost too easy to get past Stitem's security. The citizens had lowered their guard, becoming comfortable with being unknown and untouchable. William was able to locate the weak points and the best one to infiltrate through. Being the cold-hearted man he is, he decided to eradicate the guards, not sparing a single one.

"Sir, while we located the girl, she is in a crowded area. It appears the citizens are having a celebration in the plaza." That was not a problem for William. In fact, it seemed more like an opportunity.

"So many people in one place? We could wipe them out easily. I don't see what the problem is" Before William could say anything else, a henchman tapped him on the shoulder. "What is it?"

"Sir, that woman just left the children there. I think that's the girl's mother" William looked at where the henchman was pointing and spotted Nora. As easy as it would be to take the children for his own purposes, it would be too risky. His main priority was finding the girl that he failed to recognize was right in front of him. William stalked Nora a certain distance before catching up and cornering her in an alleyway.

"Hello darling"

~Present~

Niko Nicolette and Ein arrived at the plaza taking in the lights and decorations. Nicolette smiled, smelling one of her favorite sweets. "This is so cool!" She skipped around, looking at everything. People were laughing and smiling as they mingled or enjoyed the music.

"Nicolette!" Natalie, Nicolette's best friend, jumped on her back, laughing.

"Natalie! I'm so glad you're here!" The two were inseparable.

"Did you try the Moon Cakes your mom made yet?" She asks.

"No, but my mouth is watering. I want to try them so bad. Dad always bragged about how mom makes the best moon cakes."

"Then come on, let's try them!" With that, Natalie grabs Nicolette's hand and drags her off to the food booths. Ein and Niko stood there unsure of what to do, and neither wanted to hang out with the other.

"You uh... you should go do what you want. I'll go over here," Ein suggested.

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea" Niko left to enjoy the festival.

"Now, what do I do?" His flower was gone, and he didn't know where Charles or Leroy were or if they even attended. While the guards restrained Nora, William used a cloaking device to stay out of sight. When Nora saw Nicolette within view, she started to panic. She had to warn her.

"Nicolette- one of the guards covered her mouth, cutting her off."

"Huh?" Nicolette stops and looks around. "Nat, did you hear that? I swear I heard someone say my name" Natalie shrugged.

"It's possible. I mean, everyone is talking to each other at this festival.

"True, perhaps I heard wrong" Nora's worry grew as she tried to figure out how to warn everyone. William grabbed her chin, forcing her to look at him.

"Are you prepared? We're going to put on quite the show, Lyubov" Nora felt sick to her stomach. Just what did he have in mind? William wanted the timing to be absolutely perfect. He had to awaken them through fear if he wanted Nicolette's abilities to react with their true strength. He couldn't risk them awakening in any other way, as the power could be affected dramatically.

William spotted Atlas standing by one of the homes with Zayne and baby Alice in his arms. How he wanted to completely rip that boy apart. "I should've disposed of him when he was born" There was a burning hatred in William's eyes that no father should have toward their children. Atlas didn't even notice William was there as he bought a moon cake for Zayne.

William wanted to wait for the perfect time to make an entrance. He watched as little Nicolette played with her friends.

"Hey, Nicolette, want to dance?" Ein's face was redder than a tomato.

"Sure," she smiles as she takes his hand. "We should invite the others. Come on, guys!" Soon the kids are having fun dancing to the music without a care in the world. Just as they were enjoying themselves, the music suddenly went out, drawing everyone's attention to the cut cords. The sky starts to turn dark and cloudy alarming a few adults. Most of the children hid behind structures or objects.

"Atlas, you shouldn't be so on edge." Nicolette went into shock. She had heard that voice before... the voice of the man in her mind! She peeked out from behind some crates. Her dad was standing by a few other adults, almost frozen in place out of fear. Was he okay?

"What are you doing here?" The sudden hostility in her father's voice put everyone on edge around him.

"Come now, Atlas, that's no way to speak to your father, is it?"

"You are not my father! Not even for a goddamn minute!"

"Tsk tsk tsk." Willian shook his head from side to side slowly. "How disappointing." This man was her grandfather? Why was he here?

"I have to say, speaking to your wife one on one has really opened my eyes to just how unfit of a parent you are. I mean, DID? That's a very serious condition." Atlas clenched his fists.

"You have no right to comment on my parenting when you were nothing but a horrible father who sought entertainment in torturing those who dared to oppose you."

"Now, Atlas, don't make me sound like such a monster. You'll make me feel bad." It's almost like William was trying to get under Atlas's skin.

"Get out! Leave and never come back here, you snake!" William grinned, seemingly holding back the urge to laugh. His grin and how his eyes lit up seeing Atlas's hostility were almost too disturbing to look at. The tension in the air was so thick you could cut it with a knife. "Why are you here!?"

"Why I'm here to bring you a present, my dear son!" Atlas's reaction was one of confusion and distrust.

"What present? I don't want any present from you!" At that moment, gasps could be heard as Willaim's henchman dragged Nora into view. "Nora!" Atlas was immediately alarmed. "What are you doing with my wife!?"

"Wife? Oh, right," William chuckles almost mockingly. "I forget you ran off and got married to a woman of low class as soon as you got the chance."

Leave her alone." Atlas pleaded with William. His tone made it sound like he would cry. He mustered up the strength to repeat it. , "Please leave my wife alone." Atlas trembled as he took a few steps toward them. He wasn't thinking about the situation. All he could think about was getting his wife to safety.

"Ah, ah, not another step." Atlas stood still. Any emotion he had controlled was replaced with complete fear. "You see, Atlas, I'm here for a few reasons. One is to teach you what happens when you go against me, and the second is to collect my next project." Next project? What did that mean?"

Nora was cut free from her ropes with a nod of his head. She ran to her husband's arms as he held her close, ensuring she was okay. Why did William let her go? Having mercy on those around him is not his style. Atlas never let his guard down, waiting for Williams's next move.

"Does anyone smell something burning?" One of the residents spoke up. A few people agreed, having smelled something burning themselves. It almost smelled like firewood... firewood. Atlas quickly whipped his head around to see a massive fire burning at one of the sanctuary's inner walls. William's grin was back as what he had done was starting to be recognized.

"What did you do!?" Atlas snapped. The sanctuary was slowly being engulfed by the flames as residents desperately tried to contain it. The air was almost suffocating as many struggled to breathe through the thick layers of smoke. Atlas almost couldn't see William through the smoke. "Come out, coward!"

"Ooo, coward? I like the names Atlas say more." Atlas's frustration grew. His father was toying with him, and he knew it.

"Nicolette!" Nora called out for her daughter, hoping she was nearby. Nora yelling out her name caught William's attention. If her mother drew her out, it would be the perfect opportunity. Atlas noticed William's expression change and got a bad feeling.

"Nicolette, where are you!?" Nicolette came out of hiding and ran into her mother's arms. "Oh, there you are! We need to get you out of here!" There was a desperation in her voice Nicolette had never heard before. Her mother had always been a strong and brave person.

"But why, mama?"

"There's no time to explain. We have to go-" Nora's cries rang out as blood sprayed on the ground.

"Mama!" Nora tried her best to ignore the pain as she held Nicolette close, protecting her from the bladed whip William held in the palm of his hand.

"Protecting your daughter? I suppose you are a good mother to an extent but also a stupid one." Why was her mother bleeding? Why was this William person trying so hard to approach her? She had to do something! Again there was a strike. More blood slowly dripped onto Nicolette's clothes as her mother took another slash from the blade. "Come on, Nicolette? Won't you protect your mother?"

Nicolette tried so hard to think of a way to fix things. "Mama," Nora looked so weak and pale she was losing blood and fast. Nicolette could feel the fear pulsing through her body. Was her mother going to die right here and now? William raised his arm, ready to deliver another strike.

"NO," Nicolette found herself taking the hit, her eyes glowing a bright gold as the blade of the whip started to rust. William almost couldn't believe the young girl before him had willingly stopped the weapon with her bare hands.

"Look at those eyes. Yes, you are almost ready." Almost ready? Did he know something she didn't? "I knew striking fear into your little heart would be the way to go. After all, a child always relies on their mother." Nicolette stepped back as he approached.

"L-Leave my mom alone!"

"Nicolette!" Atlas called out. Why was William going after his daughter? He couldn't have possibly found out about her core, right? The henchman surround him, not allowing him to take another step forward. "Nicolette!" He needed to get to her.

Nicolette could hear her mother's shallow breaths, and tears started to form in her eyes. "LEAVE MY MAMA ALONE!" She cried out. Her fists were clenched, and her body trembling as everything kept falling apart around her. She started to hyperventilate, the world spinning. Her mind went blank, and William had to take a few steps back.

Nicolette was no longer Nicolette but a shadow-like form of herself with red eyes. They were filled with nothing but pure rage and hatred. This! This was what William was looking for! It was like time had stopped as the sky was shrouded in darkness. The blood of the fallen made trails on its way to her. Their blood, their life force, was being absorbed into this part of her.

"Look at how perfect you are, Nyx, an absolutely perfect being of power," Nyx said absolutely nothing, just glaring William down. She knew her mother was dying, and she couldn't help her, but she could keep her living inside of her. Everyone's souls were being absorbed and turned into almost a source of energy for her. The books had only briefly told him about what this being could do.

"You are nothing to me," Nyx spoke out with such distaste and hatred in her voice. "You wish to control me, but nobody will control me! Don't think for a second that by making my counter-self cry, you can do what you'd like with me. This being was actually speaking to him! He had to win her over and get her on his side if he was to get anywhere with his plans.

He held out his hand to her. "Let me train you. Let me use your power in the way that it was meant to be, Nyx. Let me shape you into a being everyone will fear to their very core."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41K 1.3K 5
"I take what I want, princess, no matter what." TRUTH is hidden behind the LIES. Secrets are buried within the secrets. Darkness lurks in the Light...
263K 5.7K 43
"I loved you like there was no tomorrow yet you left like yesterday didn't mean a thing" All my life I wished for was a family .A happy home to come...
18 1 29
When a young woman starts to unravel the history of her family name, she discovers a dark secret of her lineage. She sets forth on a journey to awake...
324K 5.9K 35
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐢𝐚 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 What happens when two completely different worlds full of sadness, jealousy, love, hate, and te...