The Heartless Billionaire (EB...

By MsDreamerGirl84

Warning: Contains Mature Scenes, and lots of swearing. LOADED WITH GRAMMATICAL ERRORS, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK... More

A Letter from the Author
Copyright
Prologue
Chapter 1: The Accident and the Funeral
Chapter 2: Expect The Unexpected
Chapter 3: Facing your Fears
Chapter 5: The Dinner
Chapter 6: The Choice (Resisting Love)
Chapter 7: Life Without Love
Chapter 8: The Charity Ball
Chapter 9: Loving you secretly..
Chapter 10: Two Broken Heart
Chapter 11: The Confession of two hearts
Chapter 12: The new found friendship
Chapter 13: The blissful relationship
Chapter 14: Love is in the Air
Not an Update
Chapter 15: Party with Friends
Chapter 16: The Conflict between the sexes
Chapter 17: When Pride Takes Over
Chapter 18: The mistakable Deception
Chapter 19: Coming Back
Chapter 20: The Surprise Visit
Chapter 21: Love Hurt
Chapter 22: Love is a cycle..
Chapter 23: The Business Condition
Chapter 24: The Heartless Goodbye
Chapter 25: Escaping Reality
Chapter 26: The Wedding
Author's Note
Chapter 27: Tracking her down
Chapter 28: The familiar feelings..
Chapter 29: The Sudden Proposal
Chapter 30: The Wedding Arrangement
Not an update
Chapter 31: The Wedding Day
Epilogue
A Bonus Chapter: The Runaway Bride

Chapter 4: The First Day with the Brute!

188K 5.5K 82
By MsDreamerGirl84

"You know when you think you know someone? More than anyone in the world? You know you know them because you've seen them, like, for real. And then you reach out, and suddenly they are just... gone. You though you belonged together. You thought they were yours, but they're not. You want to protect them, but you can't." ― Ava Dellaira

............

Lauren's POV

I blink my eyes trying to keep awake and stared at the scribbled characters yet again, but they seem dancing in my vision. I've read it twice, yet, nothing remained in my head. Still confused why Zandros' mood was sour, and now this reports just added to it! He was nice when we drove here and all of a sudden, he was furious and back to being a dick. It is maddening.

I tossed the folder on the long glass coffee table in exasperation. My tired eyes scan around the big room. The walls were all made of glass dividing the room. There's an adjacent rectangular room with a transparent wall, and judging by the things inside, a long black oval wooden table in the middle of the room with several black leathered high back chair around it, I assumed the conference room. A big monitor screen on one corner encompasses the whole wall and sitting on one side is a podium.

His office was carpeted with furry gray. The 2 black L-couch was put together making a U, facing the mirrored window glass. His desk was situated farther from the door, and behind was a long bookshelf connected from one end to the other end. Two black leathered armchair across his desk facing each other. His desk was big, made of mahogany just like what my dad has in his office. Mom's was made of another kind of wood and it's cinnamon color.

On his desk were a 48 inches mac desktop, and loads of folder neatly piled on the side of his desk, after his secretary had tidied up just when he left.

I ambled across the room and stops at the desk, leaning down to see the frames closely. I smiled when I saw their family pictures. Looks like it was taken on his graduation. They all look happy. I envied them, or every happy family I see. I wish I had this kind of relationship with my parents or has a happy family. The thought of them made me feel empty again so I quickly shook it off.

I put the frame back to where it was sitting and turned my gaze to the other picture. It looks like the picture was taken when he was a little younger. I stared at the beautiful raven-haired girl who was looking at me with a full blown smile. A smile of a happy and in love lady. While Zandros was holding her, his hands wrapped around her waist, with his eyes fixed on her face with that loving eyes. He has a broad contented smile that showed how happy he is.

I felt a pang of jealousy the way he stared at her. I wish I was the girl. The thought left my heart a bitter taste. Thinking that this girl could make him look at her like this way, I just realized how hopeless I am.

I looked away and tried to occupy my thoughts with other different things. I shouldn't feel that way. First, Zandros wasn't really into me. The truth really hurt, but I had to face it. Second, he had sister zoned me already. Nothing more, nothing less. That's all it is and I had to forget this crazy feeling for him.

Another adjacent room that looks like a living room, with green L-shaped fabric couch, at the center of it, were a black wooden coffee table with a small centerpiece of different hues. On one corner was a mini kitchen. A coffee maker was situated at the other end of the counter, a double door fridge with a water dispenser, sink, a microwave oven. and a wall mounted flatscreen TV far across the couch. There are two indoor plants sitting on two corners. There's another room but it was locked, and the walls are not transparent to know what's inside. It was painted with creamy white. The huge handsome office was well-appointed with an intimate touch to it.

Sighing softly, I walk back to the couch and plopped down. After a while, I got so bored. I tried to focus my attention back on the reports, but my brain seems to freeze every time my eyes connected to the words and numbers.

Zandros just went out for a meeting, and I have no idea when is he coming back. I decided I need a diversion to clear my head and maybe, get out of the building and have some fresh air would do the trick, and since I'm at it, maybe have something to bite since I only had coffee that was offered by her secretary, whom I heard her said Naeah who had the balls to correct the brute. I grinned when I recalled how brave she was to rectify Zandros of her name.

I wanted to applaud her, but I knew I'm just going to ignite his already flaming fury, which still bothers me what caused him to get in a bad mood. He was really impossible to read. Every second, his mood change. He's worst than a girl with a period.

I stood up as I hoisted my purse on my shoulder, and walked towards the door, thinking to venture around the block to find a decent diner to fill my stomach since it's already midday, my belly had been protesting since an hour ago.

I don't understand what's taking him so long? He was out since nine and now, it's passed twelve.

That dick just left me again, and now it's lunch.

Inconsiderate bastard.

I walked to the door and yanked it open. I saw Naeah, as she rose up from her chair, and pick up her purse. I had a feeling she's going for her break. I closed the door behind me and walk towards her direction.

I just notice the whole top floor was the CEO's office. There's a spacious handsome living area or a waiting area, on top of a gray furry carpet where two long leathered couch facing each other, with a long glass coffee table sitting a built-in bonsai tree, in the middle. And two leathered armchair at one end a few centimeters along the wall. Along the waiting area, were a long black designed wooden curvy secretary's reception desk and a two black swivel chair behind it. At the back were a long filing cabinet, a fax machine, and photocopier machines. There's a door that I believed connected to the little kitchen and living area, I guess for employees, such as themselves.

And on the other end of the elevator was a decent size of a closet for coats, for the guest or clients, with sliding doors.

She looked at me when she notices me standing across the reception desk.

I wonder who was sitting on the other chair.

When she saw where I was looking, she told me, it was Eiri, Zandros previous PA, and she used to be the assistant, but then she was replaced by her when she was fired, and until now, they can't find another to replace her previous position.

The HR hasn't found a capable one to be his assistant secretary. Few had applied, and none passed the qualifications. Nobody dared to apply since he was known in Athen as the heartless billionaire, and sometimes, I agree with them.

Poor Naeah, she had to deal with his brooding nature all the time.

"You are on your break?" I asked giving her my most friendly smile.

"Yeah," she replied shyly. I smiled. I remember, we were not formally introduced. That prick really has no manners at all.

"I'm Lauren Leventis by the way." I introduced myself as I gave her a warm smile and I stretched my hand. She took it as she mentioned her name.

"Naeah Kroutos." (pronounced as Ni-yah) Then she smiled sweetly.

"I'm going to have something to eat, too, would you mind if I join you?" I asked, crossing my finger she wouldn't mind. I like her. She looks kind, albeit rather shy.

"Sure!" she chuckled softly, as she tried to conceal that little shyness but her cheeks already looking pink.

"Thank you," I grinned and I waited for her as she rounded the desk and stop beside me.

"Shall we?" she cheekily grinned and I nodded. It seems that she's getting comfortable with me.

We walk side by side to the elevator as we chatted. I found that she lives 25 minutes away and lived with her grandmother since her mother had passed away when she gave birth of her. And her father has another family. We have the same sentiments in life for losing both parents, albeit her father was still alive, he wasn't around her. Her grandparents raise her mostly. But when she graduated university, her grandfather passed away.

She led me to a diner not farther from the building, and they had a very cheap but delicious meal, according to her.

"Is the place fine with you?" she asked anxiously. She looks edgy.

"It's fine, Naeah. I don't care about the place. As long as it will satisfy my tummy, I'm all good," I smiled to reassure her. We were sitting over by the window overlooking the CMSA building entrance.

"What can I get for you to drink, Ms?" the waiter asked as she hands us the menu. She looks like in her mid 40's with her black apron on, three pockets on the bottom of the apron, holding her little note and pens.

"Just an Ice tea for me please," I smiled. Naeah ordered a pop. Then the lady left promising to come back with our drinks, and we both scanned the menu. I decided to order the pork souvlaki on a pita, signature pork souvlaki sticks, grilled to perfection, topped with onions, tomatoes, and tzatziki, according to the menu. Sounds mouth watering to me.

"Have you decide what to get?" Naeah smiled, as she folded back the menu.

"Yeah. I'll try their Pita with pork souvlaki," I replied enthusiastically as I beamed at her.

"Excellent choice! That's one of their best here," she guaranteed, smiling widely.

"Is that so?" my smile widens. I can't wait to taste it. She nodded enthusiastically and I chuckled cheekily. "Have you made up your mind?" I asked since I noticed her pushing the menu on the side of the table.

"Yeah. I'll try their chicken pita club, it's a grilled chicken breast and bacon, topped with lemon garlic mayo, lettuce, and tomato. I always had your choice today. It's my favorite here. I'll try something else," she grinned. We stop talking when the waiter arrived with our drinks. She put our drinks in front of us, then she took her note and pens out of her apron's pocket.

"What's your order?" she smiled at me. I gave her my order. It took her a second to jot it down, and then took Naeah's order. Not long, she left smiling, taking the two menus with her.

We chatted as we waited for our order. We soon find each others giggling. I found myself drawn to her sweetness and kindness. She was the opposite of me and a bit closer to Christine. For sure, Christine will like her. I wanted to befriend her. I know Christine would be surprised, but she will for sure like her. Christine was never the snobby one. I used to when my parents were still alive. Mostly friends I hang out with was millionaire's or billionaire's kids. Kids who can afford to host wild parties, who drives luxurious cars, and shops until dusk. That's when Christine wasn't around as well.

But when I lost my parents, none of them even send their condolences nor even a little words of comfort. I know they were all now in different towns, but emails, phones, text, or maybe a letter should do, but not even a single text. That is when I realized they weren't my real friends. Christine is, and hoping Naeah will be. She is five years older, but she was pleasant. Age doesn't matter in friendships.

After like a decade, we were both eating. The pita souvlaki was indeed delicious. I was smiling crazily after I devoured the big size pita. That's the first time I had enjoyed my meal in my twenty years of existence.

"Did you like it?" Naeah smiled toothily. Obviously, she was amused with me. Wiping the corner of my mouth with my thumb, I grinned.

"That was mouth watering. I should go here, often. Thank you, Naeah!" I exclaimed as I smiled cheekily.

"Oh, I'm glad you like it, Lauren," she grinned looking satisfied and relieved, then she involuntarily looked out of the window.

"Shit!" she cursed. "Let's go," she said rising from her seat frantically, which made me confused, and surprised she can cuss. I followed her eyes with my eyebrow cocked up and I saw Zandros emerging from the car, and rounded it, stopping on the passenger side and open the door. A lady with a raven hair climbed out of the car, and they both entered the building looking happy together. I was sitting there frozen. My head suddenly became light headed.

That dick!

And he didn't even call to tell me to go eat because he's with someone. At least the decent thing to do is to inform me not to wait for him.

Urgghh... I mentally groaned.

"Are you coming?" Naeah's worried voice snapped me out of my trance. I quickly picked up my purse, and I left the money for our food on the table, and hurriedly keep up with Naeah. We were just lucky the road wasn't busy. Within minutes, we are both in the elevator panting because we ran. My sole was a bit sore from running with my pumps. I'm glad I was used to wearing heels, otherwise, I may had stumbled many times, and couldn't keep up with Naeah. She was fast I would say. Well, she was wearing a barely 3 inches heel so obviously, she could run faster than me, plus the fact that I'm wearing a midi style dress. Now, I regretted wearing it.

Finally, we reached the top floor. Just as Naeah reach her desk, her phone rang.

"Christ—" I heard her said but looks like she was cut off. Then, her face distorted, it's amusing to see how her face expression changing. From happy to apprehensive. Her worried eyes flew to me, and I raised my eyebrow .

"She's here, sir. We jus—" she said again, but didn't finish it. I knew the bastard was looking for me. So I nod at her in sympathy and walk towards his office door with a grim face. I didn't bother to knock. I twisted the door knob with growing irritation and push it open. I was expecting the lady with him, but I didn't see her around.

Did I see it wrong? It's impossible. I saw her emerged from his gray car. I can't be wrong.

"Where the hell did you go?" he yelled at me furiously dragging me out of my curious thoughts.

"To eat!" I snapped. I remember again his insensitiveness.

"You went to eat without telling me?" he glared furiously. "With who?" he snarled with his lips twitching. I knew he's beyond annoyed.

"With Naeah?" I replied meeting his gaze in defiance.

"Where did you two eat?" his voice softened and he settled himself back on his chair.

"At the diner across the building," I replied nonchalantly. He looks a bit relax now. "You never called you are not coming back until later?" I accused glaring at him. And then, I made my way to the couch.

"I'm sorry, I was caught up. I thought I can come back before twelve," he replied softly. I bet he is. With that sexy raven haired girl, for sure he will forget everything.

Dick!

"Did you finished reading the reports?" he asked after a long silence. I ignored him. I'm still mad, and I'll give him a cold shoulder he deserves.

I pick up the folder, and neatly slip it in the papers, then stood up thinking to give it back to him. I need him to explain it to me. I have read it for the nth times, but I can't understand it. I'm too preoccupied that none of it registered in my head.

"Here. Since you don't want Vaughn to explain it to me, then I need you to explain it to me," I demanded, so much for that cold shoulder, and tossed the folder in front of him, exasperatedly. I know I was being a brat, but I thought that's the reason why he was to be my trainer, to explain everything to me. Instead, he went having fun with that lady, leaving me alone here, and do self-learning. If I knew I would do it by myself, then I shouldn't have gone here, and definitely, didn't agree with this settlement.

It's senseless!

"Bring it home tonight, and read it again. I will explain it by tomorrow. I will just finish all these contracts I needed before this weekends," he replied calmly without even bothering to look at me.

"So, can I go home now then?" I asked. "Since I have nothing to do here, and you're busy, I guess I'll just go home, and start analyzing this report by myself," I explained and couldn't contain the bitterness in my tone.

"No!" he replied tersely. Again, his eyes were too focused on the computer screen then back on the papers lying in front of him.

"Why not?" I snapped petulantly. I'm getting so annoyed, and this brute is just being impossible. Then he stops whatever he's doing, and looked at me intently.

"Because I'm driving you home. And mom wants you to have dinner with us tonight. We will leave at five," he explained nonchalantly locking his eyes on mine for what it seems hours.

God, why is he so perfect?

I looked away before I will run to him, and kissed his lips senselessly. Just the thought of it sends shivers down my spine. If I will see him every day, for sure it will be hard for me to resists his charm.

I let out a loud sighed, and I resigned. I knew I wouldn't win. After giving him a deathly glare, I stomped back to the couch and settled myself. I took my laptop and grudgingly powered it on, and just went on all the files.

It's good that mom had all those USB where she stored all her reports for the in and out of our company.

I soon learned that all this trip they went to, mostly was to meet all these aspiring designers. If they found their design unique, stylish, and meet the expectations of the company, they will buy their designs, and even hire them to be one of the His'n'Herse exclusive designers. Our company was known for being unique, and out of the world styles, that made billions of people wearing it. The cost wasn't too heavy to the pockets, that even the poor could afford. Prices were very decent.

I don't know how long I was reading it when I felt my eyes was getting droopy. I decided to place the laptop on the coffee table, and leaned my back on the couch, closing my eyes just to relax and rest it a bit. Unfortunately, everything went completely black, and I drifted off.

----

Zandros' POV

The meeting with Cassandra and Andreas went well, and I was so happy. Andreas was an Engineer, so as Cassandra. They were my classmates in University when I took Engineering. I took two courses. I graduated university with a degree in Economics, and in Engineering major in Architectural Designs.

My father has no idea — or maybe he does but kept it to himself — I was discreetly indulging myself in the world of engineering. Cassandra was my childhood sweetheart, and I thought, I was going to marry her until that night with Lauren. Things changed. I realized I'm over her.

Cassandra was very strong-willed, that maybe the reason why I was drawn to her as we grow up. She always defied her father which I can't, and I'm always amazed on how brave and confident she is. She's turning twenty-six soon, and Andreas was the same as my age.

The meeting was about the company they were both working and Andreas. The company owed hundred of millions to the bank, and they can't pay it. The son whose acting as the CEO used the money to gamble. And recently, the father found out, and he had a heart attack, confining him in the hospital. There's a hundred percent possibility that the bank will liquidate the company if they won't pay the amount in a month. The management didn't know about the money the company owed by the bank until the father received a notice from the bank recently.

So they decided to talk to me since Cassandra knew it's always been my dream to run a company that builds the tallest building in the world. She knew I wanted to make a name in Engineering industry. So they thought I could buy the company, and they will run it with my name as a discreet owner. The two will wait till the old man will recuperate before they will propose an offer. Which I thought was a good idea until I get my sister engaged in business, and maybe she could help me with the CMSA Co., then I could personally work with the two. If things work out well, then I could tell my parents about it.

Anyway, they knew Cassandra and Andreas. Cassandra's parents were my parent's friends, too. Since theios Adrian Leventis and theia Shannon's passing, mom and dad became closer to them. Sometimes they come and have dinner with us. And tonight they are coming.

I remember the dinner. I checked my watch and it's almost five. I quickly turned off my computer, and pile up the contracts, then slip it in the folder, and stuff it all in my suitcase. My eyes darted to Lauren's direction and I saw her sleeping.

I smiled.

I took my coat hanging on the coat rack in the corner and shrug it on as I walk towards the couch. I stared at her sleeping form and swallowed thickly when my eyes ran up to her flawless legs. I quickly look at her angelic face. She looks so contented and my heart sank. I want to touch her face, but I held my urge.

My feelings for her is hard to resists each day. I'm starting to get addicted to her face.

I quickly shook the thoughts off and grudgingly walk towards my desk and grab the suitcase. Swallowing hard, I decided to wake her up, so I made my way back to the couch.

Just as I was about to wake her up, she stirred and snapped her eyes open. She sat upright when she realized she fell asleep on the couch, looking dazed and I was staring at her. Her cheeks were a pink shade, turning even darker pink when she met my eyes.

I crouch down and involuntarily touch her soft cheeks. She just stared at me, still disoriented.

The feel of her skin on mine is heaven. I felt relax and happy just touching her cheeks. I love her so much and it hurts that we will never be together.

I quickly pulled my hand back and drop it to my side as I stood up.

She looks down to the coffee table, flustered, then picks up her laptop, then shut it off. She grabs her purse and hoisted it on her shoulder, then folded her laptop when it was completely off. I took it from her hand with the folder then led her out of my office to my waiting car in the basement garage.

"I'm sorry for waking you up," I apologized. She looks so exhausted. My heart clenched at her sight.

"It's fine. I'm sorry, I fell asleep." She smiled sheepishly.

"It's fine, Lauren. I understand sleep is catching up to you. I'm sorry, you have to wait," I murmured softly. I wanted to hold her. Unconsciously, my arm reaches for her waist and pulled her closer to me. She looks at me surprised, but she didn't utter any word which I'm glad. It felt so good holding her. I've been dying to hold her this close.

I took in her scent, and it starting to drive me wild. We are inside the elevator, and now I wanted the elevator to go slow or even stop. I don't want it to end.

I felt her head leaned on my shoulder, and instinctively, my head leaned on hers, taking in her intoxicating, sweet smell as I close my eyes briefly.

I groaned inwardly when the elevator jolted to stop, and the door slides open.

We both walked out of the elevator in silence, and I led her to my car parked at my spot not farther from the elevator. I opened the door for her and close it when she's settled. I quickly rounded the car and stops at the rear door and opens it. Then I put her stuff in the backseat with my suitcase before shutting it close and slid in the driver's seat.

"Are you comfortable in your new place?" I asked worriedly. I'm disturbed she may not get a lot of sleep. I glance at her side once in a while.

"Yeah. The place was nice." She replied and looked at me with very solemn eyes. I wanted to wipe the sorrow in her eyes and replace it with some glow.

"I hope so," I mumbled and focused again on driving.

After a long deafening silence, finally, I pulled into my parent's long driveway to their mansion. I quickly walked to her side and opened the door for her. She headed to the front door without waiting for me which I didn't mind. I gave the key to our valet and then followed her. I caught to her side as soon as she walked into the foyer.

We are a half way when mom and the rest of the family saw us.

"There you are, sweety," mom exclaimed happily and approached us excitedly. Pulling Lauren in her arms and hug her tightly, then she kissed her cheeks. Soon dad and my uncle Andrew with his wife Aleksy came into view. Their son Anderson were also trailing behind his mother.

"Zandros!" theia Aleksy exclaimed and pulled me to hug. Soon, everyone was hugging me, so as Lauren. Anderson was staring at Lauren intently, and I knew my womanizing cousin likes her. And definitely, I'm not happy about it.

Lauren's POV

I felt always at home being with theia Beatriz and theios Vladimir. They treated me as their own, making me missed my parents even more.

"Lauren, I want you to meet my sister-in-law Aleksy Mailov and his husband Andre, your theios Vladimir's only brother, with their son Anderson. They were back here for good. They used to live in Italy for 15 years, because of my brother's business," she rambles enthusiastically.

The couple was very nice and warm just like theia Beatriz and theios Vladimir. The good looking son was also charming and funny. I thought this dinner wasn't bad after all. At least, someone is here to amuse me, I thought.

I was laughing at Anderson's story. When I look at Zandros, his brooding look was back, and he was looking at me darkly. I looked away and tried to avoid his piercing gaze.

We are all back in the living room, chatting while drinking wine.

Not long, the butler called for our attention mentioning the arrival of another family.

"Mr. and Mrs. Mailov, Daniela and Wendell Kostopoulis with their daughter Cassandra is here," he announced and moved to the side letting the smiling couple passed. The Mailov couple approached them halfway and exchange pleasantries. The raven girl was the girl in the frame, and the same girl he was with today.

I looked at Zandros, and he was smiling widely approaching her. My heart felt like it was twisted and I felt suffocated.

It's her. The girl Zandros was in love with.

I could feel the tears pricking under my eyelid. I blink it back and tried to sway the jealousy that's slowly eating me.

Calm yourself Lauren! I mentally chided myself.

A/N: PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.7K 5.1K 40
(Can Be Read As A Standalone) They took everything from me. My parents, my sister, my dreams, my sanity. My mission is simple. Destroy those who des...
1.4M 31.7K 44
"I only married you because I feel sorry for you! Now, get out of my life and never come back." Join Melissa Evans, a 17-year-old girl that came fro...
244K 10.1K 38
(Can be read as a standalone.) I was a hopeless romantic from a young age but when I watched my father strike a deal with his friend in the most desp...
7.6K 360 60
"I'm the most eligible bachelor of America I'm a billionaire and you're rejecting me" "YES" "Tell me what you want I'll give you anything" " Anything...