Forbidden Fruit

By TalexRewrites

Fruit Series Book #2: Forbidden Fruit It's been almost two years since things have settled in the Autumn Fal... More

Hello, Lovelies!
Characters & Maps
Chapter 1: Working & Information
Chapter 2: Routines & Meetings
Chapter 4: Clubs & Coincidences
Chapter 5: Freakouts & Stubborness
Chapter 6: Heartbreak & Redemption
Chapter 7: Admissions & Secrets
Chapter 8: Check-Ins & Doubts
Chapter 9: Apprehensions & Impressions
Chapter 10: Surprise & Uncertainty
Chapter 11: Distrust & Half Truths
Chapters 12: Pasts & Curiosities

Chapter 3: Laziness & Information

55 3 1
By TalexRewrites

Thomas

Chloe's POV

I hear my alarm go off for the third time and I grumble to myself in annoyance at the shrilling noise that fills the room.

I go to slap the snooze button again when suddenly the door is thrown open, and annoyingly light steps cross my room only to pull the very warm blankets that I was in the middle of using, from off of me.

I groan in annoyance and reach for the sweet slice of heaven that was rudely snatched from me, but all I grab is air, the failure forcing me to roll over with my best scowl, glaring at my closet friend that I may just have to kill. Thomas looks at me with a raised brow and a twinge of annoyance he can't hide in his strawberry eyes.

"I will kill you, Trouble. We were supposed to head out ten minutes ago." He tells me and I frown on confusion as I try to force my brain awake, my clock reading just after ten pm.

I try to figure out just why I would want to wake myself up so early on one of my few days off, but my mind comes up blank. "And why would we need to have left five minutes ago?" I ask, feeling like I got woken up for no reason, and I'm this close to putting him under the influence with my pheromones so I can kick him out and get some rest.

"Celeste, Chloe! Because Chan gave us a recon mission in Revelia to find the source of the Shadow rumors." He reminds me, his long white hair in a clearly intentionally messy look, his clothes clubbing ready for once. His stark red eyes striking against his pale skin.

I've asked him on many occasions if he wanted me to give him a Dagaz Rune, one that allows him to freely change his appearance at will, no matter how grand or small the change. While it's illegal for Enchanted to hide their Daemon attributes, and therefore pass as another Species, for everyone else, it's used freely and often. That is, if you have the money or connection to a Magi.

Lucky for me, if you're a glass half full kind of asshole, my very own father is a Warlock and passed down his magic affinity to me.

Not that I want anything from that petty bastard.

When I was young, he taught me how to apply the rune on paper again and again until I could administer it myself. At the time it was so that I could hide my fox features, evidence and a tell-tale sign that I was an Incubus. A Nightly. A sex-daemon.

It was easier to hide that part of myself in shame and disgust than to ever teach me to appreciate both sides of myself.

Easier for them at least.

Now, I use the Dagaz Rune hidden on the base of my neck behind my reddish hair, to hide my Warlock genes, changing my cat like pupils into human ones and hiding the other runes I have permanently branded onto my skin. I don't carry my grimoire and except Thomas and Chandler, no one even knows I'm a Hybrid.

While Thomas is a pure blooded Vampire and Divine Child by right, his blood red eyes set him apart from most. Hundreds of years ago, Thomas disowned his Clan, rejecting the Vampire ways before fleeing Roma. He hasn't returned since, and has been living among Nightlies for over two hundred and fifty years. Even so, he still gets dirty looks, name called and even assaulted for turning his back on his people. Vampires and Divine Children alike. There aren't many Unclaimed Vampires in Kaulike, instead most of them  choosing to  leave and live across the Tagian Ocean in Vinshore, a land said to be truly free. Whatever that means.

I haven't used magic or studied it in over two hundred years, the knowledge, spells and culture that I was able to gather in the first half of my life fading away as time goes on.

Even still, I consider asking Thomas again if he would like me to make him the exception, hating seeing someone with such a large heart get so much hate. While most people only see a lethal, Unclaimed, terrifying Vampire, all I can see is the same man that I met in Ameden all those years ago where I didn't have anywhere to go. But as I go to, I change my mind, reminding myself of the answer I never fail to get.

"If I cared what those assholes thought, I wouldn't have deserted them in the first place. The people that I need in my life don't care at all, so why should I?" And as much as I hate it, I could never come up with a good answer. Because there isn't. I've just been conditioned to hide the parts of yourself that you're most ashamed of. Your weaknesses and vulnerabilities. Hide them all before they get picked apart and used against you until you're beaten down and unwilling to get back up again. And as much as I would like to say I'm sticking it to my father that still haunts my nightmares from time to time, deep down I know hiding my Warlock features isn't any different than hiding my Incubus ones.

Avoiding myself the lecture, I swing my legs over the side, depositing the forgotten information back into my brain as I stand and stretch.

"Fine. Give me ten minutes. Out." I tell him with a grumble, shooing the dumb blonde from my room, and he doesn't argue, knowing once I'm up and moving I won't go back to sleep.

"I'm holding you to that." He tells me as I close the door as I snort as I head towards the bathroom.

As if he ever could.

✨ ✨ ✨

After making Thomas wait almost thirty more minutes and it taking about an hour and a half to cut through the Capital to get to Pandemonium, we finally arrived just after midnight.

It's the closest big city near Roma's norther borders where it's known that a Black Market is, so there is where we'll find any moving gossip, as it travels back and forth across the border.

Forcing myself to focus, I match Thomas' speed as we slow down just outside of the city, the apartment, homes and sprawling buildings rise from the right at a fork in the road, and the other leads towards the Market and eventually Wicca City, Revelia's Capital. We make the right at the fork, and after a few minutes of walking, we come to a cluster of buildings, a store, a few restaurants, a karaoke spot, Magic Shop, and a bar that I don't recognize.

Good.

I lead Thomas inside the bar and we're met with thriving living energy that moves through the packed building, bodies covering the dance floor as the booths and bar stay mostly empty.

Oh Celeste, one of the things I do miss about this Celeste forsaken Region.

The freedom.

The music.

My people definitely know how to have a good time. Thomas and I step to the bar and order ourselves two shots of Pixie Dust, a hardcore Faerie liquor that's impossible to get unless you live in Melamar, or if you're a fifteen minute run from the Black Market.

We take the shots, lava pouring down my throat as mana pulses in my veins, my magic getting a nice boost as the liquor kicks in. Feeling nice and loose, I turn my sights on the crowd, trying to narrow in on an easy target.

The second thing I miss about Revelia is the fact that most Magi are non-monogamous or polyamorous. This helps me out immensely, allowing me to lean into my strengths as I enter the crowd while circling my hips and throwing my hands into the air letting the music help guide me through the crowd. The first person I spot is a Witch wearing not much else than a cape and lingerie underneath.

I pretend to accidentally bump into her, allowing just a small amount my pheromones to only make contact with her as I catch her from stumbling into another stranger. "I'm sorry, love." I tell her softly, pouring softly as if upset, her eyes almost bulging from her head when she sees me.

Her gaze lights up immediately, pure lust finding her face as she waves me off, her hand going to rest on my exposed stomach.

I let her, smiling encouragingly as she giggles. "Hi. I'm Diane. I like my men, foxy." She flirts with hooded eyes nipping in the air at me and I have to stop myself from rolling my eyes at her pathetic line.

Celeste knows how many times I have heard some variations of that same pick up line before.

"Well, hello, Diane, a beautiful name for a beautiful women. An honor to meet you, though I'm afraid I'm a little busy." I tell her mocking a concerned frown, going to pull away, but my pheromones have done their job, the Witch so easily brainwashed and tricked into praising me. Not simply lust after me but simply just wanting me. Needing me. For everything.

It's disturbing how easy it is to do that to some people.

I'm reminded once more of my parents twisted dynamic and force it from my brain as Diane stops me. "Wait, don't leave, we've only just met. What's the rush, babe? Maybe I could help you out?" She asks hopefully, and I try not to smirk at the ease.

While Pheremones, hormonal manipulation, suggestiveness and even mind control are all aspects of Incubus abilities and will work on a lot of people and Supers, there are those who have been able to train their minds against it. And we're not the only ones with some version of this power there's suggestion Magic, Mind Faeries, Shadow possession, you name it. So it's not something most take likely. All you need is time, power and dedication.

This Witch clearly didn't have one of the needed requirements.

"Actually, yes. I haven't gotten in touch with my brother and I'm worried that he shouldn't be out there alone. I heard it hasn't been safe here." I mention vaguely as I look around the crowded club in search of absolutely no one.

The Witch gasps for a second before nodding solemnly. "Oh, Celeste, I've heard the same thing. Goddess, it was horrible, I heard a man was caught in Wicca City just last night trying to attack the Queens Castle and screaming things about revenge. Some say the poor bastard went mad, some say he was possessed and had black eyes, but that's the fifth story I've heard in the past two weeks. I'm not sure if it's a joke or not, but either way your brother definitely shouldn't be out alone. Maybe he could come and join us." She suggests, rubbing my chest once she shares the information.

I prod for a little more but get nothing, eventually leaning in for a kiss and calling back my pheromones, releasing her from her hazy spell.

I was already lost in the crowd before her mind had a chance to catch up and recover.

So far off to a good start.

There hasn't just been flippant rumors and unfounded accusations but sightings and news traveling from mouth to ear since that seems yo be the only way the information is getting out.

What the hell is Vilin doing?

Are they purposely trying to hide this information from the public?

And if there are why?

If they're not a serious threat, the public should be made aware so that we can help get rid of them and keep our naive and unsuspecting families safe. If things are a lot worse than we anticipated then the last thing that needs to happen is a code of silence.

Either way, I can't wrap my head around the idea that Vilin would ignore something like this. A feral Rouge wolf on the loose? Not their problem. A coup in Revelia? Never heard of her. Clans fighting for power and ruling authority? That's their traditions. But for my entire life, the moment an Enchanted, Daemon or anything even remotely Nightly is involved, Vilin will be quick to swoop ina mf make it their business. People will be arrested and injured and traumatized but according to them, all will be well and safe.

So for this to be happening, I find myself sweating in a way that has nothing to do with the dozens of bodies moving together in a tightly packed humid space.

Needing to get more information, I decide to enter into the crowd again, moving my body to the music that vibrates through the walls and into my chest.

I'm turning towards the empty stage, at the base of which is a small crowd of what appears to be Magi and Hybrids, when a lone figure leaning against the far left wall catches my eye. I turn towards the figure, and for a second my breathing stalls, because for a moment there seems to be a Faerie pressed into the Shadows of the far wall - an Earth Faerie from the looks of her. But instead of a warm smile and chocolate brown eyes, all I see is a cold empty shell staring right at me with coal black eyes.

My heart falls out of my ass and a chill goes down my spine as a random person passes in front of me. But by the time my eyes land on the Faerie again, she's laughing at what a nearby Vampire said, brown eyes sparkling in the throbbing light.

My chest squeezes as I start to walk towards her and the group, an alarm going off in my body and my breath draws up short.

Another person crosses in front of me and I growl with annoyance, tucking my tail in tight as curious patrons reach out to stroke it, noting there's an Incubi amongst them, their scents telling me enough about their intentions. But I ignore them as I push the Warlock in front of me out of the way, only to find the group of people and the Faerie gone.

I scan the room, but find nothing. Not even moving heads towards the door nor any figures outside of the open double doors towards the entrance.

Fear grips my throat as a shiver skates my spine as I try not to think about what the hell I might have just seen.

As I try to convince myself that I'm mistaken and this was all a trick of the light and a misunderstanding.

I find myself about to spiral into an anxiety attack , almost stepping over the edge before I take a few deep breaths and allow myself to hear the music.

It immediately overtakes me, silencing my panicked thoughts.

My eyes close for a few minutes and I find myself just going wherever my body wants to take me. I'm lost in the music, moving towards a feeling that stirs in my gut and seems to pull me from the inside out, grateful the anxiety seems to have settled, even as the back of my mind races with possibilities.

Whatever is coming for us, we'll handle it together, the three of us like we always have.

The music grips me up tightly and spins me around, seducing  me for endless minutes until there's a break in the music. The clarity sends me towards where I last saw Thomas, leaning on the bar, wanting to compare notes and perhaps get another drink, tired of talking for the moment. Something about the air is tense, and in the back of my mind I worry that we may be asking questions only to lead ourselves into the heart of trouble.

But even so, Chan asked this of me. If it wasn't important,  I wouldn't be here.

So I tuck away my complaints for the next time I want to get on Chan's nerves and make my way towards the white hair I catch through a break in the crowd.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay yes I know this is a shorter chapter, by far compared to the first two but I really wanted Alex to get to tell the story of them meeting for the first time. i know there's a lot of info dumping but no matter how I did it it would be a lot so I'll repeat pretty much everything (summarizing of course) throughout the series so you can remember everything.

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: Whats your favorite ice cream topping?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

709K 43.4K 38
She was going to marry with her love but just right before getting married(very end moment)she had no other choice and had to marry his childhood acq...
856K 27.7K 69
"Real lifeမှာ စကေးကြမ်းလွန်းတဲ့ စနိုက်ကြော်ဆိုတာမရှိဘူး ပျော်ဝင်သွားတဲ့ယောကျာ်းဆိုတာပဲရှိတယ်" "ခေါင်းလေးပဲညိတ်ပေး Bae မင်းငြီးငွေ့ရလောက်အောင်အထိ ငါချ...
482K 14.1K 61
Silent, unforgiving and strikingly gorgeous, Rylan Parker is a cold-hearted businessman. An intimidating CEO, perfectly fitted in tailored suits and...
4.7M 298K 108
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...