Y/N x Leah Williamson

By arsenalwfcstories

Y/n Bronze, sister of Lucy Bronze, embarking on her footballing journey in the WSL. More

Background
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
NEW STORY ALERT!

Part 16

3.6K 53 1
By arsenalwfcstories

You and Leah keep your engagement from everyone for the next few days. You want to be in a bubble of extreme happiness.
It's now been a week. You and Leah have decided to have a little party to announce your engagement. Lucy and Keira have come back to England after winning the Champions League with Barcelona.
You are setting up the roof with drinks and food.
Leah comes up behind you and kisses your cheek.
Leah: "I can't wait to tell everyone"
Y/n: "me too babe"
Leah: "I love you"
Y/n: "I love you"
It gets to 5pm, everyone starts to arrive.
They all greet you and get drinks. Everyone is here, having a good time.
It gets to 7 o clock, Leah taps her glass. Everyone stands around in front of you both.
Leah: "hey guys, hope you are all having a great time. Thank you for all coming, it's been a tough old season, with everything, football and life wise. We got there, we got through it. And to do it with my best friend by my side was the best feeling. Leah looks at you, and puts her arm around your waist. A little while ago I asked you all to film a video of you telling stories about y/n and I. I didn't tell you all why, just a few of you. You all did fantastic, that video, was to show y/n how much she means to me, and to all of you. We asked you all here today, to share some special news with you all. Last Friday, I asked y/n a special question, one I've wanted to ask her for a while now, but last Friday was a special day, it was our anniversary, a year of us being together, through everything. I asked her to marry me, with the help of all of your videos, and of course she said yes."
Everyone cheers and Leah kisses you. Everyone congratulates you both. You all have a really good night and get quite drunk.
Lucy walks up to you.
Lucy: "im so happy for you y/n, you deserve all the good things. Mum and Dad are watching you live your life, with a smile on both of their faces"
You hug lucy and cry.
Y/n: "I love you Luce"
Lucy: "I love you y/n"
Everyone starts to leave, Keira and Lucy are staying at yours but they head to bed pretty early as they have a flight back to Barcelona tomorrow.
You and Leah clean up and go to bed. You are laid next to her. You start crying.
Leah: "babe? What's wrong? Why are you crying?"
Y/n: "I just wish my parents were here"
Leah pulls you into her and strokes your hair.
Leah: "I know baby, but they are watching you life your life with a huge smile on their faces. I know it"
Y/n: "I hope so"

You and Leah decide to post about your engagement.

Leah's photo:

Caption:
@leahwilliamsonn: Mine, forever🤍

Your photo:

Caption:
@y/n_bronze: The best day of my life so far. Thank you for making me the happiest self🤍

The next few days are a blur, you are getting ready for preseason training even though you can't fully train you are able to go in everyday. Before you do start going back into training you need to make an announcement about how you are able to play again. Arsenal said that they wanted you to tell the world and they would confirm it later on.

The statement:
Gooners, last season was tough, the loss of my dad and now my mum. My ankle injury in February and just life in general. Last week I got some amazing news, after all the surgery's and consultations after my injury I was informed I'd never play again, which would force me to have to retire. But with the physiotherapy and all of the doctors help, I am able to say that that isn't the case anymore.
I can play again, and I will play again. The doctors and medics all thought this was impossible, but I have two angels looking over me. My ankle is now fully healed, to the doctors and my surprise I must add. It's happening Gooners. I'm playing again for The Arsenal. Big things are happening, and even bigger things are coming. #COYG❤️

You post the statement and get tonnes of messages saying they are so happy that you can play again. You smile and like every single one. Never in a million years did you think you would get to this point.

The next day you and Leah are on your way to pre season training.
Leah: "you nervous babe?"
Y/n: "kind of, I'm scared of getting injured again"
Leah: "you aren't back in full training yet, you won't get injured, I promise you that"
You look at Leah and smile.
Y/n: "I love you, you know that right?"
Leah: "I love you babe"
She puts her hand on your thigh as she keeps driving.

You pull into the car park and get out of the car. The girls are all stood outside waiting for you.

The girls: "WELCOME BACK Y/N!"
You look at Leah who is smiling.
Y/n: "you planned this?"
Leah: "it was their idea baby"
Leah kisses you and you both head over to the girls. They all hug you and say how proud of you they are.

You head to the team meeting before you have to see the medics and the physios.
Jonas: "morning guys, hope you all had a great break. Y/n, we are all so happy you are able to play again, you've been missed around here"
Y/n: "thanks Jonas, missed all these ugly faces too"
Everyone laughs.
Jonas: "right girls, fitness training today"
Everyone groans.
The meeting ends a few minutes later, you head off to medical.
Medics: "morning y/n! Right let's check your ankle and see where we are at okay?"
Y/n: "sounds good to me"
You sit on the medical table and they check your ankle over. There is no pain at all, they are able to move it freely and there are no problems.
Medic: "I don't see the need for physio y/n"
Y/n: "really? Are you sure?"
Medic: "I want to see how you run, see if there's any problems when you put a bit more pressure on it, does that sound okay?"
Y/n: "yeah let's go"
You head to the gym and jump on the treadmill. You run with ease, no pain, no tiredness either which the medics are confused about considering you haven't ran in 5 months.
Medics: "any pain?"
Y/n: "nope"
Medics: "y/n I think you can go straight back into training. There doesn't seem to be any problems with your ankle right now"
Y/n: "are you sure?"
Medics: "we are yes"
Y/n: "okay, so I start today? Or tomorrow?"
Medics: "today?"
Y/n: "alright"
Medics: "we will let Jonas know, you can start after lunch"
Y/n: "thanks guys, so much"

You leave the medical room. You sit in the changing rooms and cry. You are so overwhelmed with everything. Every emotion is running through your body right now. Sad, happy, nervous, excited. You start to hear the girls coming in from training so you quickly wipe your tears and splash water on your face to try and hide the fact you've been crying.
Steph walks in first, she notices you've been crying but doesn't say anything as all the girls pile in straight after her.
Leah walks over to you.
Leah: "everything okay?"
Y/n: "yeah"
Leah: "good, how was physio?"
Y/n: "fine yeah, no pain"
Leah: "that's great!"
Leah kisses your head and heads straight for an ice bath. The girls follow her.
Steph: "what's wrong?"
Y/n: "nothing"
Steph: "y/n I know you've been crying"
Y/n: "I can start training this afternoon"
Steph: "full team training? Y/n that's great!!"
Y/n: "what if my ankle breaks again, I can't go through that again"
Steph: "y/n, it won't, it's strong, no pain, they wouldn't say you can train if you couldn't"
Y/n: "I know I'm just nervous"
Steph: "I know, but we've all got you"
Y/n: "I know I know, I'll be okay, go for your ice bath"
Steph: "you sure?"
Y/n: "yeah"
Steph: "okay, I'll see you at lunch okay?"
Y/n: "yeah"
Steph reluctantly walks off to the pool, she decides not to tell Leah what's just gone on.

That afternoon you join training, all the girls are excited to have you back so quickly. Leah is so proud of you.
You train okay, no issues with your ankle, but you are apprehensive about going in for the ball. Jonas and the girls notice this but don't mention anything to you just yet. After training you head to the changing rooms, Jonas texts you.

Jonas: I've set you up with an appointment with our sports psychologist for tomorrow. Is that okay?
Y/n: Erm yeah okay?
Jonas: you went through a lot y/n, I just want to help.
Y/n: no it's okay, I think I need it anyway
Jonas: Rest up, we are all so happy you are back y/n.
Y/n: thanks Jonas, see you tomorrow.

You and Leah head home. Leah sits on the sofa on her phone. You sit on the chair next to the sofa and put the tv on.
Leah: "why are you sitting over there?"
Y/n: "I don't know"
Leah: "baby? What's wrong?"
Y/n: "I don't know"
Leah: "come here"
You stand up and sit next to Leah.
Leah: "talk to me"
Y/n: "im just nervous about my ankle, I'll be okay"
Leah: "you are going to be fine babe, it won't happen again, I know it"
Y/n: "I hope not"
Leah pulls you into a hug and you cuddle into her.
Leah goes back onto her phone, you just lie inbetween her legs, you can't see what she's doing on her phone but you know she's texting. You trust her with your life, but should you?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

244K 6.1K 54
imagines I wrote of women footballers! *ignore spelling mistakes pls, ty!*
16.9K 468 11
This is a story of a young English girl who found her place on the grand stage of football while wearing the iconic blue and red colours of Barcelona...
266K 3.6K 24
Ella bronze, yeah that's right, i'm Lucy bronze's younger sister. I'm 19 years old, i just turned 19 actually. I am a forward who plays for wsl side...
48K 1.1K 44
A collection of snippets into the life of Beth and Vivianne during one of their most important journeys yet.