In my best friend's Wedding...

By perilous_smile

No, it's not what you are thinking..... I don't suddenly realise that I love my best friend when I get the ne... More

Chappie 1 : The Most Awkward moment of the century
Chappie 2: Meeting the bride in the most unconventional way
chappie 3: Meet Nathan, my brother
chappie 4: making new friends and an Enemy
Chappie 5: Meal For Meal
Chappie 6: Surprise Surprise
chappie 8: A day with the Devil; part 1
Chappie 9: A day with the devil part 2
Chappie 10: Revenge time
Chappie11: Ooops I forgot!!!
EDWARD'S P.O.V
chappie 12: The Unexpected
Chappie 13: An unwelcomed visitor
Chappie 14 : Turn of events
Chappie 15: Guilt and Confrontations
Chappie 16: Taking it out on neighbours
Chappie 17: Drunken haze
Chappie 18: Situation Red Alert

Chappie 7: Playing Cupid has its Price

1.1K 37 25
By perilous_smile

Chappie 7: Playing Cupid has its Price

I felt small kisses trailing along my neck. I whimpered at the touch but knew if I reacted too much then Eddy would become embarrassed and stop. I kept quiet.

"I love you so much El. I don't deserve such a wonderful girl" I heard him say sweetly.

I couldn't resist the smile and peered open my eyes slowly to see Edward's horror-struck face.

"You were awake the whole time?" he asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"I don't know how long you've been loving me but I just got up on time to hear some beautiful words" I get up smirking.

I had caught him red-handed this time.

He scurried away from me quickly and ran his fingers through his hair. I pulled myself closer to him and wrapped an arm around his shoulders. He looked away from me.

I bet he was blushing...

"Come on, I'm your girlfriend Eddy. Its what couples do normally. Do you feel ashamed of loving me?" I said trying to sound hurt.

I was acting... I'm Nathan's sister... I had to be a little drama queen of my own..

"You looked so peaceful and innocent like a child. I couldn't help myself when I got up" he said trying not to blush.

"I know. I'm irresistible in sleep too" I joked.

"I just made sure you know that you are no exception and I'm irresistible to you too" the deep husky voice echoed in my head.

"El?" Edward's questioning face brought me back to planet Earth.

"Yeah! Sorry. I zoned off." I said masking my uneasiness.

He clamps his palm over my forehead as if to check my temperature.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Exhausted maybe" I replied

"Exhausted? Sure?" he said amused.

All right I know that all I've been doing is sleeping from last night, waking up only to have breakfast. But hey its Sunday. And we all can help ourselves on Sunday. Isn't it?

"Exhausted because of.... Oversleeping" I said trying to find a perfect word to fit in the context.

He simply laughed another one of his infectious laughter that soon even I was sitting there laughing at myself like an idiot..

He slowly caressed my cheeks and leaned down to kiss me. Kissing me from my head to chin he stopped briefly before kissing me on the lips, I closed my eyes. As the kiss became more passionate, I pulled him closer entangling my fingers in his hair. Oh I loved his hair!!!

His hand slipped inside my tee and rested on my belly. I arched forwards with the electric pulling and need to be loved more. As soon as it started getting heated up, Edward pushed me back holding my shoulders and breaking the kiss. The most romantic kiss.

He pulled back a little and I didn't say anything. Who knows it may scare him off?

"By the way, while you were sleeping, John called up twice, Jessica as well as someone called Chloe called too. Another text came but I couldn't understand it" he said trying to change the romantic ambience.

You must be thinking how rude he was to check my phone while I was sleeping, right? Well, when I sleep, I sell the whole world behind my back. Even if there was an earthquake nearby or an incoming tornado or something, I wouldn't give a damn to pick my phone.

Is there any emergency greater than a peaceful sleep? Not for me.

Therefore, everyone around me was allowed to check my phone in case there was an emergency. My mother sometimes would send me her emergency messages like "Food is in microwave. Eat on time" or "Make sure you water the flowers"

Edward held out my phone to me and I re-opened the text message he was talking about. I couldn't help the fear creeping its way from the pit of my stomach to my heart and reaching my eyes as I read the message.

"I really meant it when I said Meal for Meal. Its on baby! Be prepared. Xoxo, you know who."

I typed furiously on my keypad and hit sent the message which read:

"Broken Dreams- I'm making out with my boyfriend right now. So DO NOT DISTURB"

I looked up to see Edward watching me with curiosity. I knew he wouldn't ask me any questions. That's the best part I don't need to explain him anything until I want to. That's his style.

My phone beeps again and I opened the new text message.

"Still missing me- Ahh... Making out with boyfriend and still messaging me? Such is my charm, I get yet another proof of your secret crush on me."

Did I tell you about what I usually tend to do in these situations?

I clutched my phone tightly in my fist and closed my eyes. I tried to cool down but I kept remembering his sexy lips smirking at me. I couldn't bear his arrogance. I opened my eyes and exhaled loudly. I saw Edward nodding his head disapprovingly. I bet he knew what was coming up next.

With a jerk, I threw my phone with full force on the couch.

Yeah I still have the sense of not throwing it at the floor or out of the window...

I watched with horror, completely stuck in my place as I saw my phone hit the couch, then recoil and falling off it and with a smash, it landed on the floor.

After a moment of letting the feeling sink in, I rushed beside my dear phone. I picked it up with trembling fingers and I could have fainted with my heart beating frantically.

"No.... No.... Nooooooo" I cried disbelievingly. I refused to accept that what my eyes saw was the reality.

"Ouch! That definitely hurts" my boyfriend points from behind. He had always scolded me for acting childish when I'm angry.

My eyes watered seeing my fighter- my phone. For the first time in all my throwing fits, there was a crack on its screen. And I felt so angry on myself for throwing it recklessly. Then I remembered that it was because of Luke who infuriated me to this level. It was his fault. It was then that I promised something to myself...

Oh Luke! You're so gonna pay for it...

Edward consoled me by hugging me from behind and kissing my cheeks while smelling in my hair. Even with my damaged phone in my hands, I still enjoyed the feeling of being so close to him.

At least something is good from this debacle..

As Edward left for his house, I watched him walk upto his car. I was checking him but for another reason.

He did not dazzle in sunlight!! Happiness and disappointment creeped in my heart at the same time.

I went to Nathan who was sitting in the living room watching TV. By his body language I could understand that he was not entirely into the TV and was anxious.

"Hey bro!"

"You're quite popular sis, I had to answer so many calls in my phone and answer to people inquiring about you" he said teasingly.

I shrugged and sat on the sofa beside him. He got up suddenly looking anxious.

"What's up, weirdo?" I asked.

"We're going out. Dress up quickly and be low on your make-up shit, please. He said, suddenly sounding rude.

I was too tired to question him now. I was still shocked with the broken screen of my phone. I decided to dress quickly as it'll be a distraction. I would however pester him on our way to wherever he was taking me.

Fifteen minutes later I was sitting in his car and we were heading to a shop called 'Bridal Boutique'. We were going to choose the bridal gown as well as the bridesmaid dresses. Apparently Chloe had called up Nathan to inform it. And as the thoughtful brother he was, he agreed even without asking me. He was even kind enough to give me a lift and drop me there, obviously wanting to meet her.

I didn't complain about it though. Somehow I felt as if I was getting back my old Nathan back. He was quarrelling, jerking around me, making me breakfast, caring for me. I saw his brown eyes shining in the bright sunlight as his face glowed with happiness.

I'd heard about bridal glows but this was amazing to see. Whoever said only brides glowed hadn't seen Nathan on his way to meet Chloe. I wonder how many revelations I'm gonna get about guys in the process of this marriage.

"Hey bro! What'd you give me if I ensure you get another private meeting with Chloe today?" I broke the silence.

His eyes widened as if imagining the possibility. And I already knew he would agree without even thinking about the consequences. I mean, I'm going to make him sweat hard for that girl.

"Anything" he promised sincerely.

Ha! I told ya! Guys will be guys... idiots!

"First tell me, do you love her?" I asked.

He hesitated and looked uneasy to answer. I knew it was a tough question. But I still wanted to confirm his feelings before I start playing cupid.

"I definitely like her sis. A lot. I guess, if I would spend more time with her, I'll go nuts over her. Hell!! I think I'm already falling for her" he said exasperated and closed his eyes. I freaked out. Why? We were in the middle of the road and the driver was literally blinded by love.

"Watch the road" I yelled and jerked him.

He dodged a car just on time and we barely managed to miss it by seconds.

I strongly caution every sisters to avoid driving with your bros when they are mentally unstable suffering the 'love-eria' condition. It can seriously cost you your precious life.

I slapped him at the back of his head when I cooled off from the adrenaline rush.

"Never do that again lover boy, understood?" I almost yelled.

"Sorry" he mumbled, feeling ashamed already so I didn't stretch it further.

After parking at an alley near the boutique, he turned to me looking excited and his eyes sparkling like gold.

"So what's the plan?" he quizzed.

"Just go with the flow and listen to whatever I say without hesitation. You think you can do that?" I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"Aye-Aye sir!" he said playfully.

Okay I wanna play too...

"So bow down to me in respect now" I said casually.

"What?" he scowled.

"See, you can't even do one thing without hesitation. I don't think I can help you then bro" I said rolling my eyes.

He looked at me sternly and I had to bite my tongue to not laugh out when I saw him bowing down to me in an animated fashion.

"Alright then, let's go. Save the formalities. I'm your sis after all" I winked at him playfully and giggled.

We went towards the boutique and met Chloe and Jessica outside entrance. They both looked gorgeous with their poker straight blond hair and sweet smiles. I saw Chloe's face lit up on seeing Nathan. Jess gave me a warm smile. I guess she's got over the jealousy factor by now.

"Hey Nathan" Chloe chirped unable to hide her excitement.

And here goes the game again---- The Ignore Elena Game...

"Hello to you too, Chloe" I said and gave her a hug. She blushed and I loved it that she was now embarrassed.

Jessica laughed and gave me a firm handshake and hugging me lightly.

"Good to see you, El. We called many times but you didn't pick up. We learned from Nathan that you were occupied. Heard your boyfriend came over and you guys didn't come out of the room until noon. Must be tired still you're here. Some stamina you have here, girl" she teased and winked.

I blushed hard and I bet I was looking like the red blazing eyes of a vampire they show in movies. I understood what she was hinting at. But she didn't know that I was not as lucky as her in that field. She had John, the romantic and daring Romeo while I had Edward, the shy and reserved one.

I glared at at Nathan and he gave me 'sorry' look. I wanted to change the subject.

"So we are going to buy your wedding dress from this boutique....oooooohhh! Someone must be excited" I nudged her playfully.

"Chloe insisted on checking these designs out here" she blushed.

"Yeah, they are awesome. I would have got mine if I were engaged" Chloe said and looked at Nathan biting her lower lip suggestively.

He smiled shyly and looked at his shoes rather than her beaming face.

That idiot is my blood brother?? Unbelievable!!

"Let's check it out then. What are we waiting for?" I said.

We entered the boutique and a lady about forty years old, with a neat French bun and an impeccable white dress came to greet us with an over-the-top smile.

"We had an appointment. Jessica Henderson?" Jessica spoke with fluency and confidence.

"Of course dear. You and your girls can try out whichever dress that catches your eyes" she said efficiently, "Now if you would excuse me, I'll get back to you soon" she said and left.

"Do you like any particular dress for bridesmaid?" I asked Chloe.

"I love almost all of them" she said pointing to a section of dresses.

"So you want me to give my opinions which would look good on you all"

"Yup-p-p-p" she said.

"I think you should have got Sarah or Jessica's unsocial friend, what was her name?" I frowned.

"Denise" she laughed, "Elena you are really funny"

"Ah I know that honey. Coming back, why not Miss. Denise Antisocial."

Jessica came from behind and put her hands on my shoulder. Her face was beautiful and flawless.

Guess someone's been going to the parlour lately.

"Your opinion matters El. Even you are one of my bridesmaid" she said sweetly and smiled.

"What? Why? You have friends right? Or were those people I met that day your hired friends?" I said scrunching my nose.

"They are my friends. But you are important too. I want to be friends too with my husband's best friend" she gave a warm smile before concluding "besides you are a gem to keep"

"But..." I start before she gave me her puppy eyes and pouting lips.

"Pleeaaseeee... you can't say no to the bride" she sulks.

Aarrgghh!! I hate it when people take advantage of my kindness and inability to say no.... But secretly I was thrilled to be a bridesmaid.... I'd never been one in my entire life.

"Alright...but just because they say not to break a bride's heart or else fate returns it in your own wedding somehow" I tried to look scary at the end.

We laughed at my stupid joke but I think Jess was really sweet. Now I understand why John has fallen in love with this girl big time.

I saw Nathan getting bored from the corner of my eyes. He kept watching Chloe shuffling from one dress to another like a maniac. I don't blame her though. The creamy décor of this place with the different colourful dresses arranged in neat racks was captivating. A large sofa encircling a small fountain in the centre was enough to savour the eyes. This place was a heaven for any girl with a taste for elegant and classy dresses.

See, even I over skipped the fact that Nathan was getting bored and that I'd made a deal with him

I quickly rummaged through my whacky ideas in my brain to come up with something to help my bro. It was my time to do something for him. Only then can I ask for something in return.

"Chloe?" I called out to the hyperactive girl.

She came hopping to me "Ya"

"Which confectionary shop are you planning on for the wedding cake?" I asked trying to portray that I was actually interested to know.

"The Cake Hut, in Elgin Road, why?" she looked nervously.

"Nothing. I was just thinking that this is your own sister's wedding. It must be really special for you too because it is her The Day. I think she deserves the best of everything in her wedding" I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Awww... You're so sweet, El" Jessica hugged me from behind. I smiled at her.

I saw Chloe's confused face and decided to play my ploy now.

"You should check out other cake shops too, you know. Just to be sure you got the perfect one" I said and turned to Nathan.

"You do know other cake shops, right bro?" I said and gave him the hint.

"Of course I do know" he said quickly. No hesitation this time.

"Would you take me to those?" Chloe asked nervously.

As if he would refuse. I think she was aware that he wouldn't.

"For a beautiful and charming lady like you, I would do more than that" he bowed slightly.

He was shamelessly and openly flirting...wow... I'm thankful for that though.. I was afraid he would one day tell me to win over Chloe for him...

She smiled and went to him. Waving at me and Jessica, they turned saying their goodbyes and left.

Jess had got a call and she spoke briefly before turning in agitation to me.

"John is coming over in five minutes maybe. He wants to see me choosing my wedding dress. Can you please stop him? I want my dress to be a surprise for him on our wedding day" she said exasperated.

He face looked irritated and I knew how she felt. But I wanted her to start being more than John's fiancé now. I want her to become his friend, maybe even best friend. Only then will they have a really strong bond in their marriage. I didn't want John to come over to me for all their problems. I wanted them to sit together, discuss and know each other's point of view, as a couple. It was high time they start doing this.

I know this may surprise you... but I'm a little matured in these matter especially after...

I exhaled and cleared my head of any lingering thoughts about my past.

"I think you should make him understand that yourself Jess. He'll be your husband soon and so he has to understand what you've got to say" I said quietly.

Jessica looked funny stomping around in a circle. She looked so childish. Nobody would believe that she was the bride and would be married by the end of this month.

"Okay. You've a strong point. Thanx. I'll take him to buy something else and then have a talk about this in lunch" she finally said.

"That's like a good girl" I cheered her up.

She turned towards me and came to hold my hands in her own.

"Can you do me a favour please?" she asked.

"The bride demands and the bridesmaid fulfil" I said dramatically.

She gave a laugh at that one and said, "You're really funny, El"

"Yeah.. Have been hearing that a lot lately" I smirked.

"Please check out and finalise the bridesmaid dress" she requested. Her eyes pleading.

"You know this is mean of you to use those hypnotising eyes at an innocent girl like me" I joked. I couldn't believe that she had given me such a big responsibility.

Then it struck me that while I was playing cupid for the couples, solving their problems. And here I was, standing in this elegant high class boutique, choosing dress for the bridesmaid---ALONE!!

"Oh! Only me then? Its going to be boring then" I quipped.

"I can help. I'm always the saviour to damsels in distress" I hear the most evil voice. I get goose bumps as I recollect my nightmare.

John hugged me lightly slumping an arm over my shoulder and tilting his head to mine sideways.

"Luke, so good to have you here. You are serious about helping El?" Jessica asked delighted.

"I'm always serious" he looked straight at me with intense grey eyes and I shuddered inwardly but kept a confident face. I knew what he hinted by those words.

"Sweetie, he's just playing with you. You don't need to do this. You can go back" John softly said in my ears.

"I've promised Jessica" I replied to John as softly as I could get.

"Sure?" he asked watching me.

"Yup" I said and narrowed my brown eyes at Luke's grey ones.

"Wish you luck then. And hope I don't have to go to the police station by the evening" John said in a serious tone.

"Come on honey, I need to talk to you about something" Jessica pulled John towards the door and waved me bye. I saw them leave the door and turned to my mercenary, Luke.

I placed my hands on my hips, and narrowed my eyes at him. He leaned back on the sofa so casually as if he was there to hang out with a close friend.

There I was glaring at him and he was simply smiling and having fun. I grimaced thinking how the rest of the day will pass with this arrogant and self-obsessed, unacceptably handsome guy whom I'd grown to hate deeply, while he'd harboured weird thoughts of making out with me. I remembered my poor phone and scowled at him but no response from him.

His eyes were tantalizing and dancing with mischief. His lips held a smirk which was sexy and tempting. He was up to something and I just knew it.

Oh boy! Playing cupids has its price!!

********************************************************************************

As promised, I uploaded this chappie within 24 hours... so yay!!!! *claps hands together* ain't I the best?

Do tell me what you think about this one.

I want to know everything running through your mind right now. So go ahead and scroll down to leave a comment after reading...

You should know its really helping me and pushing me to write better for you guys...

Anyways.. The next chappie maybe will be on next weekend as I have an upcoming test... Damn with Medical Colleges!!! Every week I've to give these tests... it's not fair...

Hope you like my effort and feel free to express yourselves... I will really appreciate it....

Till the next upload,

Happy Reading,

Love... xoxo,

Shy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

297K 10.2K 27
No, this isn't a story about a girl who is madly in love with her bestfriend but he(ha ha) is getting married to someone else while she sits there an...
20.7K 1.9K 16
#150 in short story "Mariana, please for crying out loud, stop this game. They both don't deserve this," I said while walking toward her. "They would...
218 28 26
It's your best friend's wedding weekend, and you're the maid of honor. What's a girl to do when the best man is your ex and the love of your life, bu...
89.5K 1.8K 20
Josh and Katie have been best friends since he first moved nextdoor midway through freshman year. They were attached to the hip and acted like they'v...