Almost Lover {Complete}

By rainbowkiller0

As ward of the Queen, Camilla Tully was raised alongside the Princess, Rhaenyra, and the Hand of the King's d... More

Part One
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Part Two
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Part Three
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Part Four
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Epilogue

Chapter Five

6.4K 189 6
By rainbowkiller0

Servants had filed into Camilla's room as soon as the sun had peeked over the edge of the horizon. They had woken Camilla, allowing her a moment to eat before she was ushered behind her screen and told to remove her clothes. Camilla had pushed them away, scared that they would notice the slight swell of her stomach.

Camilla was saved by Alicent and Rhaenyra entering her chambers. The Tully girl had never been so thankful that her rooms were so close to the Princess's. One look at Camilla's distressed face had Rhaenyra forgetting her anger.

"Leave." The Princess commanded.

"Princess, the King has asked us to prepare Lady Camilla for the wedding." One of the younger maids spoke up, not knowing whose order to follow.

"The Princess and I shall take over. We do not wish to cause the future queen any stress, do we?" Alicent asked in a sickly sweet tone that made you almost question if it was a threat or not.

"No, my Lady." One of the older women answered, grabbing the young servant by the arm and pushing her to the door. All the maids curtsied to the princess before scurrying out of the room.

"Thank you." Camilla's voice croaked as she attempted to hold back her tears.

"There is no need to thank us." Alicent assured her friend, sweeping her into a hug. When Rhaenyra didn't join Alicent looked at the younger girl sharply, causing the Princess to quickly join in.

Wrapped in her friends' embraces, tears began to leak from Camilla's eyes. Sobs soon racking her body.

"I'm sorry," Camilla cried. "I didn't know, I didn't mean for this."

"Shhh," Alicent shushed her friend, kissing the top of her silver head of hair. "We are not angry. We could never be angry."

"Alicent is correct, Camilla. I was only shocked, I didn't know how to react or what to think." Rhaenyra said as she and Alicent slightly pulled away, still keeping a hold of Camilla.

"Why don't you get into the bath before the water grows cold." Alicent suggested, escorting Camilla into the tub.

The two girls turned as their friend removed her nightgown and slipped into the tepid water. When she was submerged she called to her friends alerting them. Rhaenyra and Alicent knelt on either side, taking a cloth and beginning to gently wash Camilla's skin. Silence passed between the three, none knowing what to say.

"Is this truly what you want?" Rhaenyra asked, her voice small as she glanced at her cousin.

"It does not matter."

"Yes it Does!" Rhaenyra exclaimed, dropping the cloth and throwing her hands into the air. "Just say the word and we'll fly on dragonback. We could go anywhere, Camilla."

"Rhaenyra." Alicent hissed, her eyes locked on where Camilla's hand had fallen to her abdomen. Noticing the slight curve of Camilla's stomach.

"What-" Rhaenyra cut herself off, following Alicent's gaze. "Camilla, are you-"

"It does not matter." Camilla cut Rhaenyra off, her voice thick with unshed tears. "It does not matter what I want. I cannot leave, I cannot run. I must marry the King, I will marry the King."

Rhaenyra and Alicent glanced at each other, neither knowing what to say as they went back to preparing Camilla for her wedding.

★・・・・・・★

The white skirt of her dress trailed against the stone road as Camilla stepped out of the safety of the wheelhouse. Rhaenyra and Alicent had already entered the Grand Sept, mingling with the guests, all awaiting her entrance. She could feel her stomach turning from nerves, Camilla glanced back at the carriage. She wished it could take her back, take her back in time so she could change her fate.

But that wasn't possible, the doors had already begun to open. She clasped her hands in front of her stomach, pressing down in an effort to reassure herself. The red and navy blue cloak felt heavy on her shoulders, as if the weight of her house was dragging her down. Attempting to drown her in the waters surrounding Riverrun.

The Lords and Ladies all stood as Camilla entered, watching the young girl who would become their queen. Through the sea of people, Camilla found Rhaenyra and Alicent. Her friends smiled at her, reassuring her they were not angry, that they understood now. The Tully girl swallowed, pulling her eyes off of her friends and to the man she was about to marry.

King Viserys met her at the bottom of the platform between the stone statues of the Mother and Father. Offering a small smile as he took her hand and escorted her to the High Septon. Once the couple were in place, the elderly man began. "The love of the Seven is holy and eternal. The source of life and love. We stand here tonight in thanks and praise to join two souls as one. Father, Mother, Warrior, Smith, Maiden, Crone, Stranger. Hear now their vows."

"I am yours and you are mine from this day until the end of my days, from this day until my last day"  The King spoke, his voice clear.

Camilla looked out across the Grand Sept. Her eyes studied every face, before they found a pair of lilac eyes. There he stood in all his glory, all his beauty. Her love. He had come to save her. A smile began spreading across her face, she should have never doubted him.

Her violet eyes blinked and when they opened again Prince Daemon had disappeared. She had imagined it. He had not returned for her, he was happy on Dragonstone with his whore. Camilla's smile dimmed as she turned back to the man in front of her.

"I am yours," Camilla took a deep breath before she continued. "And you are mine from this day until the end of my days, from this day until my last day."

Continuing the ceremony, the High Septon turned to the King. "You may now cloak the bride to give her your protection in the eyes of the people and the gods: the Maiden, the Warrior, the Mother, the Crone, the Father, the Smith and the Stranger."

With this Viserys reached forward and removed the Tully cloak from Camilla's shoulders. Handing it off to a nearby septon, Viserys took a blood red cloak with a black three headed dragon breathing fire and wrapped it around Camilla, signifying she was no longer a member of the House of Tully.. With the Targaryen cloak in place around his new bride, Viserys took Camilla's hand in his, and looked to the High Septon.

"We stand here in the sight of gods and men to witness the union of man and wife: one flesh, one heart, one soul, now and forever, The High Septon spoke as he wrapped a silk ribbon around Camilla and Viserys' conjoined hands. "Let it be known that King Viserys of House Targaryen and Lady Camilla of House Tully are one heart, one flesh, one soul. Cursed be he who would seek to tear them asunder. In the sight of the Seven, I hereby seal these two souls, binding them as one for eternity. Look upon one another and say the words."

"I am hers and she is mine. From this day, until the end of my days," Viserys spoke, stepping forward until he was chest to chest to Camilla..

"I am his and he is mine. From this day, until the end of my days." The words fell from Camilla's lips, as her eyes began to water. Tears building in the corner of her eyes.

"With this kiss, I pledge my love," Viserys announced.

Camilla squeezed her eyes shut as the King's lips met hers. Tears fell down her cheeks. Cheers and murmurs filled the Grand Sept as the Lords celebrated their King's beautiful new wife and the Ladies whispered of her sadness.

★・・・・・・★

The feast following her wedding ceremony passed in a blur for Camilla, She vaguely remembered dancing with her new husband and picking at her food. She thinks Alicent and Rhaenyra had attempted to speak to her, but she couldn't be sure. She hadn't been fully present until men of the court had surrounded her, hoisting her into the air. She had screamed, begging for them to put her down, but they only laughed. Cruel and disgusting comments fell from their lips.

The men had carried her into the King's chambers, throwing her onto his bed. Camilla had bounced as she landed, pulling her legs to her chest. She wanted to disappear as Viserys entered the room and the Lords left, though their laughter still rang from the hall behind the closed doors.

Viserys said nothing as he reached the bed, he quickly shed his clothes. When he finally stood before Camilla naked, his hand latched onto one of her ankles and yanked. Pulling Camilla to the edge of  the bed. She accepted her fate, going limp as Viserys flipped her skirt up over her hips and began poking and prodding at the space between her thighs.

Camilla closed her eyes, she tried to imagine it was Daemon touching her. That it was Daemon she had married. She recalled how his hands felt on her bare skin. She hissed in pain as Viserys forced his way inside of her, attempting to disappear further into her mind. She thought of how Daemon's finger nails would dig into the flesh of her hips to the point she thought she might bleed and then he would gently trace the curves of her body. How the world stopped when their lips met.

A weight collapsed onto her chest, snapping her back to reality. The King laid on top of her panting for breath. Camilla could feel a wetness spreading between her legs, as the King's seed leaked out of her. Viserys lifted his head, placing a kiss on Camilla's cheek and then rolling off of her. Snores soon filled the room as the King fell asleep, leaving Camilla alone and awake to mourn her life.

AN: Alicent and Rhaenyra now know Camilla's secret, do you think they're gonna keep it?

-ELE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

314K 11K 101
Enemies to Lovers. π—”π—˜π— π—’π—‘π—— 𝗧𝗔π—₯π—šπ—”π—₯π—¬π—˜π—‘ π—™π—”π—‘π—™π—œπ—–π—§π—œπ—’π—‘ ...and she wondered, did they go from lovers to enemies or from enemies to lo...
8.7K 225 15
Sienna Targaryen was born in 81 AC five minutes before Daemon Targaryen. Everyone had expected her to be like Daemon but as she grew up it became inc...
7.2K 213 9
β€· ❝ my hand was the one you reached for, all throughout the Great War . ❞ ──────────── 𝐈𝐍 which Rhaella Velaryon, the last daugh...
187K 6.6K 25
M-A-M-A. G-I-R-L. Mamas Girl. Alicent Hightower loved all her children. She did, and no one could deny that. But she has and always will love her yo...