When the Tide Switches - Rafe...

By svevarossi2

Lillian Bianca Jones and Rafe Cameron have been enemies for as long as they can remember, but when the tide s... More

Prologue
🫢CHARACTERS🫢
Playlist🫢
Chapter 1- The Boneyard
Chapter 2- Homeboy Likes You
Chapter 3- Thorton Playboy
Chapter 4- Big Revelations
Chapter 5- Mind Games
Chapter 6- For What It's Worth
Chapter 7- My Person
Chapter 8- Heavenly Looks
Chapter 10- He Missed It
Chapter 11- Damage Control
Chapter 12- Dead Past
Chapter 13- Cozy Future
Chapter 14- Revealing Comforts
Chapter 15- A Big Secret
Chapter 16- Stupid Dare
Chapter 17- Meaningful Words
Chapter 18- Love Bomb
Chapter 19- What A Night
Chapter 20- Tough Day
Chapter 21- Party Hustle
Chapter 22- Throwing Up The Past
Chapter 23- Celebration of Love
Chapter 24- Police Sirens
Chapter 25- The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 26- Open Mouth
Chapter 27- Anger & Panic
Chapter 28- He Did It
Chapter 29- Finally Together
Face-Claim
Chapter 30- Back To Real Life
Chapter 31- Clubbing on the Mainland
Chapter 32- Altruism or Selfishness?
Chapter 33- What The Fuck
Little Update
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 1)
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 2)
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 3)
Editing
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 4)
Chapter 35- Unmerited Favours
Chapter 36- Harmful Memories
Chapter 37- Used To Saying It
Update
Chapter 38- The Monster's Gone

Chapter 9- Apologies & Discoveries

1.3K 12 7
By svevarossi2

The next morning I woke up earlier than my friends, they were hungover so I didn't want to wake them up.

But I knew that Pope wouldn't be hungover so I decided to wake him up and maybe we could go surfing together.

"Pope, wake up," I said while nudging his shoulder. He opened his eyes and groaned. "Can you let me sleep Lil?" he said with an annoyed tone. "Nope, me and Sarah have a family lunch in like four hours so your only chance to see me is now. Let's go surfing! Please please please please" I said with puppy eyes.

"Fine, let me get ready," he answered and I smiled.

I had already put on a bikini that I had left at the Chateau; it was pastel yellow with little flowers and it contrasted with my tan beautifully. I put on a button-up shirt as a cover-up and took Sarah's surfboard which was still at the Chateau and sat on the couch waiting for Pope

He was ready after five minutes and we both ran to the beach.

The Chateau is really close to the Pogue Beach so the Pogues and I always made it a competition to who would get there first. We both dove into the ocean and started swimming until we were far enough from the shore.

We surfed for a pretty long time, about two hours. I was tired but I kept going because I knew that in the next days, I would have been too busy with kook things to surf with the pogues.

We were still surfing when Pope fell on his board, he wasn't paying attention and the wave hit him from the back, but as his body went down he fell onto me and dragged me down with him. I hit my head on his surfboard; from then it's a blur.

I woke up on the shore to a pair of blue eyes looking at me, Rafe.

Rafe's POV:

Everything with Lillian happened so fast, one second she hated me the next she was holding onto me while having a panic attack, the next I was kissing her and now we had something going on.

I think I've liked Lillian for quite some time now but she never gave me the feeling that she felt the same way.

So I just observed her, she was such a beautiful person. It happened so fast but she's been making me feel in a way that no girl ever had before. Whenever I feel like a failure she shows me that I'm not, she makes me understand life to a further extent. All this, in one single day.

Yesterday night she looked breathtaking. That pink dress made her beautiful body stick out even more, her silky blonde hair was tied up in a way that made her green eyes stick out. She just looked like a goddess and I couldn't believe that she herself had said that she was mine. That goddess was mine. I'm the luckiest man in the world to be something to her, but I needed to make her my girlfriend, I just had to.

When that Maybank boy touched her, I freaked. I had been looking at her the whole night, I noticed how she was really stressed for a while and I just wanted to come up to her and make her forget about her problems like she did to me.

But then when she was dancing the stress exited her body, and she was happy. All I thought was that whatever made her happy, made me happy so I held back from killing Maybank.

I could see that she was holding back from him, which drove me crazy in a good way. She was thinking about me and how I felt and holding back for me. That girl is so special.

But then he pulled her closer and I lost control.

Once I did that she looked so stressed and I knew that she was blaming herself for what had happened. In reality, though, it was all my own fault. I never wanted to cause her unhappiness, so for the rest of the night, I kept thinking of ways to make it up to her.

The day after I went to the Pogues beach to find her and apologize properly.

She's not the type of person to sit in bed all day so I knew that she would be surfing. I knew her so well, just by looking at her I could conclude facts about her, she wasn't predictable but I just got her in a way no one else did. She was the girl for me, I've known that for a while now.

I saw her surf, she was really good. I've surfed before but I've never enjoyed it truly, that's a pogue sport.

But when she did it, it was a whole different thing. Her beautiful body navigating the waves, she just looked beautiful. She drove me so crazy, I've never described a girl like that. I don't think that I've ever called a girl beautiful or gorgeous before Lillian. I was a player but she deserved princess treatment and nothing less.

Then I saw that Pope fell and I couldn't see her anymore. She had fallen as well.

My heart started beating so fast even at the thought of losing her. I don't know how I would live without her, now that I know how she really is especially.

I didn't hesitate and dived into the water, I swam to her as fast as I could.

"Lillian!" I screamed her name.

I arrived at her after a few seconds, Pope was holding onto her and she was unconscious.

As I saw her my life flashed before my eyes. She's the only thing I have hope in, the hope of a future together. I wasn't letting her go so easily.

Pope was struggling to keep her above the water because he was injured too.

"Heyward! What the hell did you do to her?" I screamed at Pope.

"Rafe? What the hell! Mind your own fucking business." Pope said still failing to keep her head out of the water.

"Give her to me, now," I demanded.

"No Rafe, she's my best friend and she hates you," Pope answered starting to yell now.

"NOW HEYWARD" I yelled and he gave in because he was too hurt himself, what a wimp.

I held her bridal style and swam, even when unconscious she looked like a goddess. I brought her to shore and left Pope by himself, he swam behind us. I was so mad at him for doing this to her, I wanted to beat him up, but right now Lillian was my only concern.

I laid her body on the sand and tried to feel a heartbeat. She had fainted from the impact with the board and she had a bruise on her neck.

"Lillian, please don't leave me, please," I told her, tears were coming to my eyes but I didn't care.

Pope looked like he had seen a ghost, I know that Lillian didn't want her friends to know about us but at the moment it wasn't in my mind.

I kissed her on the lips, and Pope just stood there not being able to speak. 

Her gorgeous green eyes opened and she started coughing. I held onto her and relief exited my body, thank god, my beautiful girl was okay.

"Rafe?" she said confused.

"Yeah, it's me."

"What happened?" she asked me and ignoring that Pope was there.

"Pope made you fall and hit your head on his surfboard and you fainted. But it's okay you're fine now." I told her and she nodded realizing what happened.

"Lil, I'm so sorry," Pope said from behind me.

"It's cool, and about this, I'll explain later but don't you dare tell a soul," she told him pointing at us. I was still holding onto her for dear life.

"Yeah, I won't, I'm going to leave you two alone though," Pope said.

"Yeah, thanks Po," Lillian told him and nodded. Pope left and I looked into her eyes,

"I'm so glad you're okay," I said with a big smile pasted on my face.

"Yeah me too." She joked and I immediately kissed her. She smiled in the kiss and neither of us wanted to stop it. She was such a good kisser, every time she left my lips I was longing for more of her, more of her touch.

She tried to stand up but I pulled her down.

"Don't move baby, I'm going to take care of you." I told her and she smiled at me.

I held her in my arms and carried her bridal style to my car. I sat her on the passenger seat and gave her a towel, she was still wet and I didn't want her to get cold. I hugged her in the towel and rested my chin on her head, I'm so much taller than her it's funny.

I hugged her tight and for a while, it was just us. I know for a fact that we're soulmates, everything is happening so fast but I care so much about her. It's not up for debate, no girl will ever make me feel like she will.

"Rafe?" Lillian asked me.

"Yeah Lil?"

"Thank you for saving me," she said and I chuckled.

"No, thank you for saving me," I answered and she laughed. "Corny," she said and I nodded in a way of agreement. It was corny but true.

But she really did save me, earlier this morning I had another of those fights with my dad that would usually push me to do drugs but I didn't. I was starting my journey of being clean and it was all thanks to her.

"Now, let's bring you home so that you can get ready for lunch," I said and pulled away from the hug.

"Yeah, but first," She said while grabbing my face to kiss me. She knew just what she did to me and drove me even crazier. We both pulled away and I sat in the car and started driving.

We were getting close to her house, "Lil?" I asked her.

"Yeah?" she replied softly.

"Are your parents home?" I asked her.

"No, they're at the country club. Why?"

"Because I want to take care of you but I know I can't if your parents are home," I answered and she immediately smiled. I couldn't let her walk up the stairs by herself and get ready herself after what had just happened.

We got to her house and she tried to open her car door. I locked it before she could do so.

"Not going to happen," I told her and she blushed.

I hopped out of the car and opened the door for her. "There you go baby,"

"Such a gentleman," She said chuckling. I carried her the same way I did before to her door and she handed me her keys. I walked in and went to her bathroom. I know her house well because our families always hang out together.

"Rafe you do realize that I can walk right?" She asked me looking at me.

"I know, but I don't want you walking darling." I answered and she just chuckled. Her chuckle was the prettiest one I've ever heard, just hearing it once made me want to listen to it for hours on repeat. I grabbed the first-aid kit from a cabinet and sat her on the counter.

I signaled for her to open her legs so that I could stand in between them and she did just that, she had a few scratches on her knees and I disinfected them and put small bandages on them.

"I'm sorry that Pope knows now," I told her, "It's fine it had to happen," I nodded. "Plus I'm not embarrassed to have something going on with you," She said and I chuckled.

"But I have a question," She told me, and I nodded in a way that meant 'keep going'

"Why were you at the Pogues beach?" she asked me, looking deeply into my eyes. Her face was so beautiful just looking at it made me so lucky.

"I came to apologize about yesterday, I don't feel bad for beating Jj up, but I feel awful about making you stressed. So I promise that unless he touches you I won't do it again." I told her looking in her eyes for approval.

"Apology accepted, and by the way Jj and I are just friends I like someone else." She said and I laughed.

"Oh yeah? Who's that? Describe him to me," I joked,

"Well, he's very handsome, tall, he has the most beautiful blue eyes and his name is Rafe Cameron," that made me smile so hard.

"Oh really? You know I also like someone" I joked.

"Oh really, what does the lucky girl look like?" she asked chuckling.

"Well, she's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, she has silky blonde hair, big green eyes, and her smile is the most beautiful smile ever, and her name is Lillian Jones," she blushed so much and we both pulled into a kiss.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and I picked her up, I put her down on her desk since it was close to the closet and she had to change into lunch clothes.

We stopped kissing and she spent a few seconds thinking about what to wear, I just looked at her face, she was thinking really hard and it made me smile so hard. She was so pretty when she was focused.Notes from the Author: 

Hey!! I really hope you guys are liking my story!! Comment your thoughts if you want to and vote if you liked the chapter!!! 

This one is mostly from Rafe's POV!!

Love you all so much!! X

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

252K 3K 62
Hallie Parker... Was instantly recognized as the new girl on the island. Also known as the girl who changed Rafe's heart that one summer. 𓇽 This sto...
3.2K 50 15
Katie Routledge never thought she would love again, but, JJ Maybank had other plans. JJ x OC S1-S3 *WILL NOT FOLLOW THE OG STORYLINE* *NO SMUT* *TW:...
120K 1.4K 32
Y/n, John B's cousin, has been looking after John B ever since his father went missing. Being 18 she assumed that it would also keep child services o...
44.2K 323 42
πˆπ’π‹π€ πŒπ€πƒπˆπ’πŽπ | moved beside the Camerons after her father, Mark Madison had became business partners with Ward Cameron. Isla, the oldest c...