When the Tide Switches - Rafe...

By svevarossi2

Lillian Bianca Jones and Rafe Cameron have been enemies for as long as they can remember, but when the tide s... More

Prologue
๐ŸซถCHARACTERS๐Ÿซถ
Playlist๐Ÿซถ
Chapter 1- The Boneyard
Chapter 2- Homeboy Likes You
Chapter 3- Thorton Playboy
Chapter 4- Big Revelations
Chapter 5- Mind Games
Chapter 6- For What It's Worth
Chapter 7- My Person
Chapter 9- Apologies & Discoveries
Chapter 10- He Missed It
Chapter 11- Damage Control
Chapter 12- Dead Past
Chapter 13- Cozy Future
Chapter 14- Revealing Comforts
Chapter 15- A Big Secret
Chapter 16- Stupid Dare
Chapter 17- Meaningful Words
Chapter 18- Love Bomb
Chapter 19- What A Night
Chapter 20- Tough Day
Chapter 21- Party Hustle
Chapter 22- Throwing Up The Past
Chapter 23- Celebration of Love
Chapter 24- Police Sirens
Chapter 25- The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 26- Open Mouth
Chapter 27- Anger & Panic
Chapter 28- He Did It
Chapter 29- Finally Together
Face-Claim
Chapter 30- Back To Real Life
Chapter 31- Clubbing on the Mainland
Chapter 32- Altruism or Selfishness?
Chapter 33- What The Fuck
Little Update
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 1)
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 2)
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 3)
Editing
Chapter 34- Midsummers Fiasco (Part 4)
Chapter 35- Unmerited Favours
Chapter 36- Harmful Memories
Chapter 37- Used To Saying It
Update
Chapter 38- The Monster's Gone

Chapter 8- Heavenly Looks

1.3K 16 6
By svevarossi2

We both pulled away from the hug, it was just us in that moment. Our problems weren't in our minds, the fact that we could probably never actually happen because of who we were was just a detail that we let our minds forget at least for now.

"We should go now so that no one gets suspicious," I told him, and he nodded. We were both sad that our moment had ended but that's just the way things are.

As I put my hand on the lock to unlock the door he put his hand on my chin, turned it so I would face him, and pulled me in for a kiss. It was full of love and passion like he wouldn't have let me go without it. We kissed for a few seconds before I pulled away and said "We should go now."

He chuckled and nodded smiling. I left first and when I saw that none of our friends were around I signaled that he could leave too.

"Bye, Love" He whispered in my ear as he headed towards Topper who was in another room.

I blushed and tried to find Sarah or Kie again. I found Sarah on a couch and she was chuckling all by herself. She was drunk. I smiled and walked towards her.

I never got drunk at parties, I would drink but I respected my limits. I also never drank strong alcohol like liquors because as stupid as it seems my brain is still developing and I don't want alcohol to get in the way of that. So usually two beers would be all I drank. People sometimes called me a baby but I don't think it's fun to have a headache and feel terrible every day after a party. I love partying so it would be very hard for me to feel bad every other day.

I walked to Sarah and sat on the couch next to her.

"Sar, how much did you have?" I asked her with a tone a mom would use with a toddler.

"Not- a-a loooot j-just a f-few driinks" She said with a sloppy voice, a hiccup getting in the way of her words.

"Yeah, sure. Where's Kie?" I told her.

"She went with Ty-Tyler to a bedroom." She said chuckling and still having the hiccup.

"Oh of course she did," I said chuckling.

"I think it's better for us to leave. You're too drunk Sar." I told her.

"No, I invited the guys they're on the way." She said smiling thinking that I would be happy.

"Sar, you do understand that this is a KOOK party and they are POGUES. They will just get in a fight, can you tell them not to come please" I told her patiently.

I love the guys, they're some of the people that I care the most about but if they came they would get beaten up by Kelce, Topper, and Rafe and then I would have to take care of them and of Sarah.

"It's a little too late for that Lil," She said pointing her finger at the door, Jj, John B, and Pope were entering looking very out of place. A kook part definitely wasn't the place where they felt the most comfortable, but they still enjoyed crashing them just to piss Kooks off.

"Sarah you stay here, okay" I demanded and she nodded.

I ran to the door and signed at them to follow me outside, they did just that. "Guys I think you know what I'm going to tell you, Sarah is drunk and I don't want to have to take care of your wounds too," I told them.

"Lil, please we promise we won't get into any fights," Jj said looking like a baby while John B and Pope laughed.

"Fine but if you do get into a fight I won't be the one to stop it. Are we clear?" I asked them. They nodded and Jj broke the silence by saying "Moma's mad" We all started laughing after that. After all, we're pogues we're going to have a good time all the time, that's kind of our motto for the summer.

We walked back in and we parted ways because I had to take care of Sarah. I dragged her to the kitchen and made her drink some water, I was friends with the girl that hosted so I asked her if Sarah could take a bedroom to rest, she said yes and gave me the key. The girl's name was Iris and she was super nice. I was friends with her since elementary school but never close friends, we had gone shopping a few times with Kie, Sarah, and her friends but that was it.

I locked Sarah in the room and told her to rest, and that I would be back in an hour to bring her home.

Now it was party time! I left the room and saw the boys, they signaled me to come to them and so I did.

"Kook parties are lit Lil why don't you invite us?" John B asked me.

"Yanno the usual; you being troublemakers hated by most kooks." I told them with a sarcastic voice.

Sexy Bitch started playing and Jj looked at me, "Cupcake, may I have this dance?"

"You may sir," I said with a British accent.

This was our song because when I talked to him for the first time at a party back when he hated me for being a kook he told me and I quote 'You're just a kook, a sexy bitch' The Dj somehow thought that it was a song request and started playing it. That's when we became friends and not much later me and Sarah joined the pogues. When he said that I cringed but after getting to know him I understood it was a joke, at first his humour didn't really make sense to me which is funny.

We started dancing, I held back though because of Rafe. I wanted to keep in mind that even though we weren't together he would be pissed if I was dancing too close to Jj like I usually did.

Although Jj soon enough noticed and pulled me in closer, he put his hands close to my butt. He wasn't invading my personal space, we always danced like that, as friends.

But now that I was in something with Rafe I felt that I was kind of betraying him. If Rafe had done the same with a girl I wouldn't be happy.

So I quickly pulled away but right as I did a fist landed on Jj's face.

Oh no. Rafe had seen us. Shit, this is going to get messy fast.

"Bro what the hell?" Jj asked Rafe.

"Stay the fuck away from her," Rafe told him before throwing a second punch. This time Jj bounced back and started beating Rafe up.

"Guys stop, please," I yelled as they tackled each other now rolling on the floor and punching each other. Everyone was now aware of the fight and started looking at us.

"Stay the hell away from Lillian am I clear Maybank?" Rafe said signaling that the fight had stopped and that he had won. But of course, Jj being the stubborn idiot that he is answered: "The hell I will, dickhead"

Rafe ran back to him and punched him. It was getting too serious and I could see Jj being seriously hurt by Rafe. His face was bleeding a lot and bruises were already starting to pop up on the side of his face.

John B stepped in and dragged Jj away, somehow making Rafe stop as well.

"Guys let's go," I said to Jj, John B, and Pope, while heading to get Sarah and find Kiara.

"Lillian, wait!" Rafe yelled at me, he wanted to talk to me.

"Shut up and go, Rafe," I get why Rafe had gotten mad, but anyone who knows me knows how much I care about my friends. I hated thinking that I was the reason Jj had gotten beaten up, so I ignored Rafe and tried to take care of the mess that I had just created.

I took Sarah from her room, she wouldn't wake up so I called John B to bring her into the Twinkie. He was her boyfriend so he could take care of her for once. John B and Sarah were such a nice couple, they loved each other so much but when Sarah was drunk I always took care of her because she is such a pain when drunk you don't understand.

I found Kiara, she had just gotten out of the bedroom, I rolled my eyes and chuckled at her.

"Kie, come on," I said in a serious tone.

"And by the way ew" She just laughed and followed me to the twinkie.

She saw Jj and gasped at his face.

"Why are the boys here? Why is Jj beaten up? And why is Lil mad?" She asked confused.

"Sarah called us and told us to come because she's drunk, Rafe beat him up because he was dancing with Lil and I have no idea why she's mad," John B answered Kie's questions. Kie nodded and turned to me.

"I'm just mad at Rafe for beating J up," They all tilted their heads in a way of saying that I was right.

"J, I'm so sorry, this is all my fault," I told him.

"Lil, it's fine it isn't your fault, plus I'm fine." Jj answered.

Of course, I couldn't tell them but it actually kind of was my fault, that's the reason I was mad. I wasn't mad at Rafe, to be honest, this was my doing. I was stupid and accepted to dance with Jj even though Rafe and I have something going on. I knew how protective Rafe was so I could have just not danced with Jj.

But then again Rafe didn't own me, I was never going to let a boy dictate my life. Not again.

We got to the Chateau and I only realized then that I had left my car at the party. But it's fine I'll just get it tomorrow.

"J, go to the bathroom I'll get the first-aid kit and clean you up," I told Jj.

"Okay cupcake" he answered me immediately.

I got the kit from a cupboard and texted my parents that I was sleeping at Sarah's, no way they would allow me to sleep over at John Bs, even though I have done it a million times.

My parents weren't the typical kooks, they had hearts and were nice people, they knew I hung out with pogues after the Jj incident. They allowed me to be friends with them but they said I couldn't sleep over because it was 'too dangerous' on the cut.

I went to the bathroom with the kit in my hand and took the hydrogen peroxide out of the kit. I put some on a cotton ball and warned Jj that it was going to hurt a little.

"Lil?" he asked me as I was cleaning the blood from his eyebrows.

"Yeah, J?"

"Do you know why Rafe got so mad that we were dancing together?" He asked me and I could feel my heartbeat get faster. I don't think I ever lied to my friends, at least I never really pulled it off.

"No, but he always does that with other guys. It's just a way for him to piss me off," I said and he nodded.

"Yeah, but we've danced together before in front of him and he usually just death stares me but this time he full-on beat me up, are you sure nothing's going on?" He told me, I felt so bad for lying but I couldn't tell him anything.

"No J, I don't like him, nothing is ever going to happen." A smile pulled up on his face and he was back to the silly Jj he has always been. I finished cleaning him up and went to bed. I saw that Rafe had texted me.

Rafe

Lil r we good?

Me

if you promise to not touch my friends ig we are

Rafe

if your little pogue boyfriend stops touching ur ass then I will

Me

Fine, Rafe pull that card idc anymore

Rafe

Lillian, you're mine, no man can touch you. Just remember that and I promise I won't touch ur little pogue friends

Me

sure

Rafe

Goodnight

Rafe

btw you looked heavenly today

Me

Night and thx

I was being dry but in reality, he sent butterflies to my stomach with that last message, and he knew he did.

Notes from the Author:

I'm so exited to continue this book!! Sorry if this chapter was a little boring. Please comment to tell me your thoughts about it or if you have any requests! Please vote and comment because anytime I see a comment I'm literally the happiest human on earth and you guys are literally so funny istg. If you vote you would help me spread this story to more people which would be my absolute dream! Thank you to the people that comment and vote and to the people reading this story in the first place!

Love you guys so much! X

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 13.1K 80
๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ถ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ, ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜จ๐˜ฉ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ, ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ...
232K 2K 43
โ€ขHEAVY EDITING โ€ข MESSED UP STORYLINEโ€ข The summer after their last year of school, When Lane Miller moves back to the Outer Banks for good, she meets...
251K 3K 62
Hallie Parker... Was instantly recognized as the new girl on the island. Also known as the girl who changed Rafe's heart that one summer. ๐“‡ฝ This sto...
322K 2.6K 26
" ๐™ž ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฉ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™–๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™ž๐™– " " ๐™ข๐™–๐™ง๐™  ๐™ข๐™š. " Adalia Martinez and Rafe Cameron, two people who grew up together since the cribs that would o...