Cursed Sapphire | MID x Reade...

By LunaShortz07

Allison Saylor is Ava's roommate, she knew a bit of what she was getting into when she agreed to live with Av... More

Magic!?
Oc introduction
Still Adjusting
Spirits

Adjusting

103 4 6
By LunaShortz07

Allison POV

'I hate this already.'

I don't know who it was, but one of them kept flushing the toilet last night. It got to the point where I soundproofed my room with a seal, even Mirage got sick of it. She walked out of my spell room and curled up with me and Zack last night when I kept tossing and turning.

It was obvious she was mad, and I didn't get the chance to introduce her to the guys. As long as they don't enter my room unannounced, until then things should be fine.

3rd Person POV

It was early in the morning, people were starting to fill the streets and cars were already speeding by.

Around this time Asch woke from his slumber, he sat up and walked over to one of the apartment's large windows. When he looked down he could see many humans, male and female, some smaller than others. He let out a sound of disgust.

He turned on his heel and walked over to Noi's sleeping figure. He went through his pockets before snatching one of his daggers, he made sure to be careful so he didn't wake up the lower-ranking daemos who would surely wake Rhys. He made his way into Ava's room before closing the door behind him.

When he heard the sound of the door closing Leif opened one of his eyes. "Asch isn't acting normal."

"Yes."

Pierce responded to the assassin's assumptions, not bothering to open his eyes to look at the male next to him. "Don't you think it's weird how docile we've been since getting here?" Leif opened his other eye and turned his head toward Pierce. "Normally, Asch wouldn't listen so easily and would have acted long before now. I wonder what's going on..."

"Something changed. It's not our place to ask."

Leif sighed. "You're unquestioning loyalty is disgusting."

"I do not expect a former assassin to understand loyalty."

"Oh yeah, fun times. Heh."

"..."

"We should wake Rhys before Asch does something stupid, huh?"

"Yes."

Meanwhile in Ava's room, the daemos prince stood over the sleeping female, Noi's dagger in his hand.

"Human, your sacrifice will be remembered."

He raised the dagger above his head as he watched the female beneath him, though before he could strike her some knocked into him, causing him to falter. He looked around the room bit didn't notice anything. Before he could try again Rhys opened the doors to the room.

"Your Majesty put down the knife."

"Why should I?"

"Knives kill humans."

"And?"

Rhys opened his mouth to speak before he sighed in annoyance, he clasped his hands in front of his mouth as he took a deep breath. Clearly not wanting to deal with this.

"Your Majesty, I'm all for your way of doing things, but now isn't the time. One human isn't going to solve the entire magic crisis. We need to-"

"Which part is more tender to stab?"

Rhys furrowed his brows, his patients for the situation running thin. "Don't wake her up. She tried to like me last night. And who knows what her guard will do if she wakes up to find her dead. You saw what she did yesterday."

While what was happening Noi walked into the doorway with Pierce behind him. "Hey, have one of you guys seen one of my daggers around? It's missing."

"Quiet Noi or you'll wake her!"

Rhys's unintentional raise in his voice caused Ava to stir, which caused the three daemos to go stiff.

"G-good job Rhys. She's going to kill us!"

"You said she seemed kind."

"But she told us not to come in here."

Ava moved around a bit, Asch backed away from her and turned to his knights. "S-she's going to wake-" He stopped talking as Ava opened her eyes. Though before anyone could do anything else, Pierce suddenly appeared next to her and started patting her on the head. The action managed to put Ava back to sleep. Rhys and Noi sighed in relief.

"I could've killed her you know." Pierce turned to Asch.

"Yes."

"Get out now."

After the daemos left a large shadow emerged in the doorway to Ava's bathroom, unknowingly to the creature, this alerted a familiar in the vicinity. In Alice's room, Mirage grew slightly restless upon sensing another presence in the apartment.

Though the daemos remained unaware of this fact as they regrouped.

I had everything under control."

"Your Majesty you almost had us killed." Asch glared at Rhys. "I grow tired of this charade we are playing."

"You and me both..."

"Leif!"

Noi nodded. "I kind of agree. Why are we dancing around here? We know the humans have dangerous weapons but we've had a lot of chances to take on the female humans here." Rhys sighed as he turned back to the prince of daemos.

"Prince Asch, this mission is everything to you. Is it not?"

"Wha-...yes." Asch stood from his place on the couch. "If we go back to daemos without a solid source to renew the magic, there isn't going to be a second chance. We single-handily killed the last source of magic. If we return with nothing to show for it but a weak source of magic, that's it. We will lose everything. We will suffer humiliation, and worse..."

"Our heads." Noi finished his sentence as he closed his eyes and looked down.

"Precisely. No matter how valued we are in the ranks, we will die. And Asch, you out of all of us, will suffer the most."

Asch tensed. It was obvious that he knew what would happen all too well. Leif glanced at Asch before turning to Rhys. "Lighten up will ya?"

"Huh?"

"We aren't at that point yet. Besides, Asch is just doing things like we would on Daemos. Can shame him for that, huh?"

"I can shame him."

"Well you can't shame me."

"You do that enough for yourself already."

Leif's eye twitched but chose to ignore the comment. "Point is, we'll do things your way for now Rhys. Right Prince Asch?"

"Exactly."

Despite his supposed confidence in the prince a few moments prior, Leif seemed confused about his confident answer.  "For now, things are going according to plan. The female humans will teach us to be humans, so we can learn their weaknesses. Then, once we know how they work, we will bring the strongest back to Daemos to extract their magic."

Noi looked at the prince starry-eyed. "Good plan."

"An impressive strategy."

"See he had a plan all along."

Rhys blinked at the prince. "All right then, what is the next course of action?"

"We kill no humans. We begin blending in. Leif, wake the small prisoner up."

"Leif had a smirk on his face. "With pleasure."

"Pierce, go wake the other prisoner up." Pierce nodded wordlessly before heading toward the room. "We need to begin assimilating ourselves with the humans immediately."

Meanwhile, in Allice's room, the Lepard that had made herself comfortable was now hidden behind the bed. Crouched so she could observe the approaching presence. The door opened and Pierce ducked his head as he walked through the door, we walked over to the redhead and nudged her shoulder till she woke up.

She moved around a bit before opening her eyes. She turned to face Pierce and the two were blankly staring at each other for a while. After the tense moment Pierce spoke. "Prince Asch wants to speak to you." It took Alice a minute to process since she had just woken up. "Fine. Get out so I can change. Where's my phone...?" Pierce walked out and closed the doors behind him. Once he did Mirage waited till Alice went to the bathroom before phasing through the door and creeping into the living room.

"Ahh! I was kidding!"

"Leif! What did I just say!"

The scream had alerted everyone in the apartment, Alice even choked on a bit of toothpaste. As Alice was rummaging through her room looking for her phone Ava was getting dressed. As the five were waiting they could help but feel like they were being watched. It wasn't until they heard a growl that they realized they weren't alone.

They all jumped back when they saw a massive spirit creeping towards them, watching their every move. Noi was trembling as he spoke. "R-Rhys...what is that thing...?" They were all silent until Rhys spoke. "I...I'm not sure. I've never seen a spirit like this before..." Asch had furrowed his brows and it was obvious he was gonna threaten it, but Leif spoke up before he could.

"Don't make any sudden movements. It's analyzing us..." As he said that Ava walked out of her room, Asch immediately snapped at her. "Prisoner! Did you send your spirit to-" He stopped mid-sentence when the spirit roared and stalked toward him. Ava suddenly seemed fully awake and aware of what was happening, though she too was scared.

"H-hey...Mirage...take it easy. There's no need to-" She froze when the Lepard snaped it's head in her direction before turning back to Asch.

"Oh...sh- Alice! Help!"

Alice walked out of her room, she had just gotten dressed and was confused until she saw her familiar. "Mirage!" Just as the leopard was gonna pounce a collar manifested around its neck. Alice ran forward and yanked the large cat back with what physical strength she had.

"Mirage calm down!" The feline kept trying to jump on Asch but it was evident that her owner wouldn't let that happen, after a minute of struggling Alice had managed to use her weight to push the leopard into a crouch on the ground and keep her there. Though she still struggled. Alice turned to Ava who was Anxiously watching.

"What the hell happened!?"

Ava snapped out of her trance and looked at her roommate. "I don't know! One of them started yelling at me then she went nuts!" Alice looked like she understood the situation, she stood up and pulled the leopard with her. "Come on-! It's fine! I know he's annoying but that's not a good reason to tear him apart!"

After a few more attempts Mirage gave up, for the time being. She reluctantly let Alice drag her back into her room before she closed the door. Alice casted some sort of spell and a blue symbol appeared on the door. She sighed and walked back into the living room, already preparing for what they might say.

Allison POV

'I can already feel the headache...'

I walked back the find the daemos staring at me and Ava sighing in relief, I sighed and leaned against the couch. One orange one opened his mouth but I wasn't prepared for what they might say.

"Don't ask." He closed his mouth and shuffled his feet. I sighed as I placed my hand on my head.

After a few moments passed the one with the amulet spoke up."Well, now that that has been settled...we would like to ask you to assimilate us with your world." Me and Ava were quiet for a few moments before she tilted her head to the side. "Assimilate?"

He nodded. "Yes. Prince Asch would-" Before he could finish Ava burst out laughing.

"She mocks us?"

"Ugh..."

"No...no...it's just that you said ass-"

I pinched the bridge of my nose as I sighed Ava. "Real mature Ava." She stopped laughing and pouted at me. "Shut up Alice! Like you weren't thinking it."

"I wasn't."

She furrowed her brows as Rhys spoke. "Asch perhaps you can explain." The man that was standing next to Ava turned to both of us. "Ugh fine." He turned to Ava and crouched down to her level. "Teach us your human ways. Now."

"Asking like that isn't going to-"

"If I do that will you guys leave?"

"Faster than you can imagine."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Really? Really?"

"Really."

"Really."

"Really!"

"Really."

"Really!?"

(Have you ever done that thing where you said or heard a word so much it starts to sound stupid? That's what happen as I wrote this.)

"Silence/ Enough!"

Me and the guy next to Ava looked at each other after we yelled at the same time.

"Killjoys..."

"Hush..."

Ava looked at the guys. "Look, when I woke up I was kinda hoping you guys would have robbed me and left by now. I wasn't expecting you guys to say."

'I'm sorry, what...?'

"Why would you hope for that?"

"Yeah Ava, why you you hope for that?" I glared at her as I crossed my arms, she gave me a nervous smile. "Loosing a few hundred dollars isn't worth dealing the stress of-...never mind." She closed her eyes and shook her head as she looked around the room. "Yall really about this human thing huh?"

"Assimilate us. Now."

'I hate this guy.'

I looked to Ava to see what she would say next. She sighed before she lifted her head up. 'Why am I getting a bad feeling about this?'

"A sorceress like myself..."

'But she doesn't even know how to make potions...' I felt a bead of sweat drip down my face as I continued to listen to her. I internally sighed as I crossed my arms.

'Why am I getting the feeling that this will backfire in the worst way possible...?'

A/N: I was gonna add more but realized how long this chapter is and it's been a month since I uploaded or edited this, sorry for the delay T-T

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.8K 563 23
started - 12 26 2020 ended - 4 30 2021 complete✔️ editing in progress • One day when a princess was pulled from her kingdom and spared by the daemos...
120K 3.1K 43
Thyme is a friend of Ava since college. Over the years, they maintain as close friends and decided to be roommates. After quitting her job, five hawt...
94.6K 2.3K 42
Okay, recently I have been super obsessed with My Inner Demons from Aphmau's channel, and sorry but there are no good fanfics, that follow the actual...
1.1K 8 10
HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH APHMAU EVEN THOUGH SHE IS IN THE COVER These are not my characters they are from a series called 'My Inner Demon's' which you...