England's Bloody Rose

By Flytrap4534

Lydia Euphemia Potter. Daughter of Fleamont and Euphemia Potter. Heiress of the Potter fortune. One of the gr... More

Prologue
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #1
Flashbacks Chapter #1
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #2
Flashbacks Part #2
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #3
Flashbacks Chapter #3
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #4
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #5
Flashbacks Chapter #5
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #6
Flashbacks Chapter #6
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #7
Flashbacks Chapter #7
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #8
Flashbacks Chapter #8
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #9
Flashbacks Chapter #9
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #10
Flashbacks Chapter #10
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #11
Flashbacks Chapter #11
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #12
Flashbacks Chapter #12
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #13
Flashbacks Chapter #13
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #14
Flashbacks Chapter #14
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #15
Flashbacks Chapter #15
Mid Story Character Guide:
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #16
Flashbacks Chapter #16
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #17
Flashbacks Chapter #17
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #18
Flashbacks Chapter #18
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #19
Flashbacks Chapter #19
Iolanthe Potter: Epilogue:
Flashbacks: Epilogue:

Flashbacks Chapter #4

7.5K 211 6
By Flytrap4534

"When's Uncle Newt going to get here?" Lydia is swinging on the chandelier. Sirius is hanging upside down from the banister of the stairs. Sirius had only been at Potter Manor for three days, but it already felt more like home than Grimmauld Place. Yule was normally the worst time of year, because the entire Black Family would gather. With the whole family being there, his parents were more likely to punish him harshly. Indeed, Yule normally ended up with him being tortured with the cruciatus.

"He'll be here at 6:00 dear," Euphemia rushes in with some food to place on the table, "and please get off the chandelier."

"Yes Mum," Lydia flopped down, landing safely on her feet, "Siri, let's go to my room. I want to get a few of the puzzles we made last night. I think Nico especially will like them."

"Sure Lyds," Sirius pulls himself up, "let's go." The two walk together to Lydia's room. As they walk, they hear Lydia's father Fleamont talking.

"Look," Fleamont is heard saying, "I understand the danger. However, you will leave my Lydia out of this. Understood?."

"You two heard that conversation," Fleamont whispers, suddenly worried.

"Sorry Daddy," Lydia apologizes, "we didn't mean to hear."

"I know my heart," Fleamont sighs, "I know."

"My, my Fleamont," Abraxas Malfoy tuts, "such suspicious behavior. I wonder what kind of business the upright Fleamont Potter is involved with."

A deep yet soft voice answers, "It is too late. I have already begun the process. Your Lydia is the strongest member of your family yet. I will take great pleasure in working with her."

Albus Dumbledore sits in contemplation. He wonders what the Potters could possibly be hiding. Fleamont was a kind soul and could be often seen helping families in need. What sort of business could he be dealing in?

"You will do no such thing!" Flamont shouts, "My Lydia is far too young for your tormenting. Leave her out of this."

"What's going on?" Sirius asks Lydia softly, "does your father normally yell in empty rooms?"

"Absolutely," Lydia answers to Sirius's surprise, "he's done this since I was a kid. I always ask why, but he never told me. I have two theories. 1) He's bi-polar. 2) He has an imaginary friend rooted in trauma."

"Ouch Lyddie," Fleamont grasps at his heart, "you talk about your old man like that?"

"Yes," Lydia responds bluntly, "my very old and forgetful father. You know, it's normal to go a little mad at your age."

"Always a smart aleck," Fleamont shakes his head at his daughter. She would always have the last word.

"I couldn't hold myself back dear one," the voice crooned, "she's just so tempting. Her scent just lures you in."

"That's creepy," Marlene commented, "are you okay Lydia?"

"Different kind of scent," Lydia dismissed her worries, "you'll understand soon enough."

"You feel it too," Fleamont sighs, "I knew it the moment she was born. I knew that I'd have to give her to you one day."

"It's not so bad dear one," the voice is strangely old now, "your family has done it for generations. Bring her to me by 4:00."

So whatever this is, Dumbledore thought to himself, it's been going on for far longer than I've been alive.

"4:00!" Fleamont shouts, "that's far too soon. And I have a boy staying with us, he can't be there when it happens."

"What's going on Lyds?" Sirius was worried.

"Shh," Lydia shushes him, "I'm trying to find out."

"The boy can come too," the voice answers, "you will understand the reasons one day. Why so fearful Fleamont? Your father wasn't nearly as fearful when he brought you to me."

"My father had two sons," Fleamont answers confidently, "and was young when he had them. He was reckless, didn't understand the meaning behind this. I had my girl in my old age, after years of suffering. My girl is the first Potter girl born since the seventeenth century. I have a right to be worried."

"No Potter has ever been harmed," the voice soothes, "and you know how much it helps. The night terrors don't become comprehensible until you bring her to my waters."

"You're not wrong," Fleamont reluctantly agrees, "I'll have Euphemia get Lydia and Sirius ready. I'll go make the preparations."

"I bid you adieu dear one," the voice ends her remark, and the room is silent. Lydia and Sirius run to her room, and collapse on the bed.

"What in the name of Merlin just happened?" Sirius asks, eyes wide.

"I don't know Siri," Lydia is seen contemplating, "but I have an idea."

"Do tell," Sirius anticipates.

"The voice mentioned night terrors," Lydia begins, "and it mentions generations of Potters. I think my family might have some sort of blood curse, and the waters my father was talking about has something to do with it."

"My little genius," Flemaont kissed his daughter on the head, "cleaver, but wrong."

"To be fair Monty," Sirius says, "the truth is really unbelievable."

"He's got a point Monty," Euphemia interjects, "now let's get this over with."

"That's sort of plausible," Sirius mumbles to himself, "but we should definitely take the bomb just in case."

"No duh Siri," Lydia rolls her eyes, digging into her pants pocket, "I haven't left without it since we made it."

"BOMB?!" Professor McGonagall shouted, "what on Earth would you two need a bomb for?"

"Relax prof," Sirius reassured her, "it was a dung bomb that had some smoke in it. It was more for distractions then destruction anyways."

"Our other bom-" Sirius slapped his hand over her mouth.

"Don't tell her Prongs," he warned, "they don't need to know."

"Lyddie, Sirius!" Euphemia called, her voice sounding urgent, "come to the office." Sirius and Lydia nodded at each other, before heading out. 

"What's up Mum?" Lydia asked innocently, after all, she was an amazing actress.

"Take these and change quickly," Euphemia handed them strange silver robes, which had cutouts in weird places. Euphemia also handed Lydia a circlet. 

"I've seen you wearing that Lydia," Kingsley Shackelbolt points out, "it is rather beautiful."

"Thanks Prince Charming," Lydia smirks, while Kingsley groaned. She would never stop calling him that.

"Do hurry dears," Euphemia urged, "there isn't much time, and I also have to change." Eventually, they all end up in Fleamont's office. Fleamont and Euphemia were wearing similar robes, and Fleamont had a circlet of his own.

"Sit down you two," Fleamont pats the couch. However, and eery noise is heard, and he stands instead, "There is a lot to tell you. But first, you must follow me." Fleamont leads the three of them through the winding passages of the basement. Eventually, they reach large doors, doors that seem to have no way of opening. Fleamont walks up to the door, and places his hand on it. His eyes burn a brighter silver than his daughter's, and the door opens wide. It leads into a room that had a small waterfall filling a pool, a work bench, and rows of books and trinkets.

"You too Monty!" Augusta was shocked, "how could you two have been hiding this from me?"

"It pained me to do so 'Gusta," Euphemia's words are soft, yet harsh, "but my husband's secrets are not mine to tell. Besides Sirius, the only people who have ever known are family. Sirius was a beautiful exception, for reasons we have yet to grasp. Perhaps these films will explain."

"You've arrived swiftly dear one," the previous voice appeared. This time, there was a face to it. He had similar robes to them all, although his had a gold piece attached. His hair was long and black, but most astonishingly, was the glowing silver eyes.

"Who is that?" Auror Moody asked, face serious, "and what's your business with him Monty? I hope all of this is legal."

"It's only legal 'cause no one knows it exists," Lydia chirps brightly, "if anyone knew something like it was possible, it's probably be illegal. Thing is, only a Potter could do it anyways." Lydia giggled as she finished, and the hall was suddenly more concerned then before. Lydia Potter was certainly creepy.

"As if I had much of a choice," Fleamont grumbled. Euphemia smacked him round the head.

"Ah, dearest light," the man greeted, "you look a lot older than the last time I saw you."

"The last time you saw me was my wedding night," Euphemia laughed, "and you told me the same thing then."

"and it grows truer each time," the man chuckles, "after all, I converse and submit only to your husband."

"You do a horrible job at submitting," Fleamont complains.

"What's going on?" Sirius asks bravely, "who is this Monty?"

"Young Sirius Black," the voice coos,"or shall I say, dearest grim. You have a bright yet cloudy future ahead of you. Your soul is much like my grims."

"That doesn't answer the question," Lydia redirects the conversation, "who are you?"

"Little enchantress, do not fear me," the man chastises her, "I will one day bow before you. You are my mistress, just as your father is my master."

"It's not possible," someone whispers. Some of the more intelligent people in the room have begun to pick up on the story. However, it simply wasn't possible, so they discarded it from their minds.

"What have you gotten yourself into Sirius?" Regulus wonders.

"Excuse me!" Lydia yells outraged, "mistress? I will do no such thing, thank you very much."

"Calm yourself my heart," Fleamont warns, "we have very little time. Effie, please help Sirius get into position, and I will assist Lydia. I want to get this over before everyone arrives for Yule."

"Come Sirius," Euphemia guides him to a strange spot near the water. It has all sorts of inscriptions in the mud. Fleamont is seen muttering a spell, before placing his daughter to float on the water. He kisses her forehead, before rubbing some mud in the cut outs of the robes. Euphemia is seen doing the same to both her and Sirius. Fleamont paints some red paste on himself, before allowing his eyes to glow.

"Ω Μεγάλος Θάνατος! Υποκλιθείτε μπροστά στον αφέντη σας, τον κληρονόμο των δημιουργιών σας. Εγώ, ο Fleamont, γιος του Henry, γιος της ευνοημένης σας γραμμής αίματος, σας διατάζω να δεχτείτε την κόρη μου, τη Lydia, ως κληρονόμο και διάδοχό μου. Αποδέξου την ως ερωμένη σου. Δώστε της τα δώρα που έχετε υποσχεθεί σε αυτή την οικογένεια από την εποχή του Ignotus Peverell. Ολοκληρώστε αυτό που έχετε ήδη ξεκινήσει. Δείξε της την ψυχή της! ΔΕΙΞΤΕ ΤΗΣ ΤΑ ΠΝΕΥΜΑΤΑ!"

(O Great Death! Bow before your master, the heir of your creations. I, Fleamont, son of Henry, son of your favored bloodline, command you to accept my daughter, Lydia, as my heir and successor. Accept her as your mistress. Give her the gifts you have promised this family since the time of Ignotus Peverell. Finish what you've already started. Show her her soul! SHOW HER THE SPIRITS! The people in the hall CANNOT hear or see this. This is purely for the readers sake."

Fleamonts eyes glow brighter and brighter. The man, now identified as Death aka Lord Mortem, glows Gold He slowly dissolves, before diving into the lake alongside Lydia. He swirls the water, before his spirit form rests inside her. Lydia's eyes grow gold, and her whole body begins to shine. The scene shows inside Lydia's mind, as she is bombarded with her nightmare/vision. The scene cuts away to Sirius Black in 1991.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 79K 187
In which the marauders generation watch Athena Potters life and see the dangers of which awaits them. Where friends becomes enemies and enemies becom...
437K 19.7K 48
Betrayal, pain and anger were all Adelaide Potter-Black knew. After the battle of Hogwarts, Adelaide thought it was about time she lived the life sh...
38.7K 1.8K 21
After a long and painful chemotherapy with noting but death at its end, Ann awakes under cruelest pain in a unfamiliar bed. While she just gave birt...
40.3K 3K 68
The one where Harry gets a father. Lilith Evans knew Voldemort would return. He thought he was untouchable even in death. But when Lilith caught him...