my online lover

Door bfscyyy

When Enede comes across Kevin at first she thinks that life is giving her so many joys. She meets him on Tind... Meer

intro: characters and information.
PROLOGUE
not a good day
fixing or breaking?
date and memories
answers?
feeling free
conflicting thoughts
verity
chase and charm
missy headstrong
what do we do?
control
vulnerability
the plan
target
rescue
pain
heal what's unhealable
almost
as if
in-sensitive
first tries
let's talk
it's about feelings
headbugs
shoot
box of heat
be aware
toughen up
mom
twisting
the gala
you and I
downfall
change of plan
pull the trigger
we won
atonement
EPILOGUE

nauseous

18 2 10
Door bfscyyy

When the dim sunlight goes through the curtain, I slowly open my eyes and yawn before rubbing my hands against my face to help me fully wake up. My sight meets Kevin laying next to me, siding towards me. His hair covering his face sank into the pillow and his breath slow and relaxed. Only at that moment, I realised he has his arm wrapped around my waist. I enjoy the moment for some seconds, knowing that I won't see this peaceful side of him for some hours. I move my eyes to his shoulder, checking on the bandage and seeing that it is still wrapped inside the white tape and it's a bit swallow around. Then I move my focus on the time, it's nine o'clock and I think it's the right time to leave. I have to go back home, take a shower change my clothes so I can be ready to go to Daniele.

I slightly move and try to unwrap my body from Kevin's grip but when I am almost free, he catches me back and pulls against him. «No,» he suddenly murmurs with a hoarse voice and pushes his face into my neck. «Whatever you're thinking, it's a no.» His voice is deeper in the morning.

«I have to go back home, Kevin,» I whisper holding a laugh. «I need to shower, change my clothes and be ready to meet Daniele,» I warn him, trying to stay focused since I can feel his breath against my neck, slowly making my mind blur.

It's a warm good sensation that can make me weak.

«You can do all of that here,» he retorts and his words tremble against my skin.

«No,» I say firmly gripping his arm and trying to push it away but it's a lot of effort since his stiff hold isn't making it easy. «I'll take your Mazda to go back and we will see each other directly at Daniele's, okay?»

He finally leaves my neck and lifts his head, so our eyes meet. His drowsy blue eyes glued on mine. «Do I have some answer options?»

I shake my head, chuckling at his sleepy confused face. «I am sure you trust me using your car, right?»

«Of course I do,» he replies with a smile on his face before sighing and rolling his body on his back, letting me go. «Text me when you're back home and when you're leaving to go to Daniele.»

I roll my eyes. «Yes, Dad,» I joke laying in his direction to leave a kiss on his cheek.

When I move back, he is faster than me and brings his hand on the back of my head, pushing me back down and kissing me directly on the lips. It was a surprise move and I wasn't ready for that but I kiss him back, knowing that what I started yesterday is something that will affect our days from now on.

When he slightly moves back, he is smirking. «It's good to do it without overthinking.»

I nod, smiling at him before rolling out of the bed. Taking my stuff, I frown. «Is there any chance you have a pair of shoes I can borrow?» I chuckle turning my head to look at him.

He is laying down on his back, the blanket pushed down and covering only his lower body. His arm lids his face before he moves it away to meet my eyes. «I am pretty sure we don't have the same number and no girls ever entered this house.»

I huff nodding. I'll drive barefoot. «How is the shoulder?» I ask while reaching the door and stopping right there.

He takes a look over the injured point. «It's okay, it doesn't hurt for now.»

«Just, please, take another pill. It will help you face the day,» I suggest.

Kevin lifts his head to look at me. «Yes, Mom,» he mocks me with an amused smile and I roll my eyes.

«What the fuck happened to you, kids?»

Kevin has just arrived and when all three of us are together, Daniele couldn't handle his thoughts to see how tired and devastated we look. I tried to cover all my tiredness with makeup, but it doesn't make miracles so basically you can read my mood on my face. And Kevin also tried to hide it with his usual charming smile, but apparently, you can't hide anything from an investigator.

«We got attacked, yesterday,» the guy sitting next to me confess. «I got shot.»

«You got what?» Daniele asks shifting his shocked gaze from Kevin to me and vice versa. «By who?»

«The Cleaners. They attacked us while we were going back home.»

«Are you okay now?»

Kevin nods. «Yeah, it was nothing big. She helped me take off the bullet,» he keeps saying with a proud smile. «A good nurse.»

I raise my browns. «Nothing big?» I ask with a chirping voice. «I had to take out a bullet from your freaking shoulder. I wouldn't call that nothing big.»

«I think it was more shocking coming to take you out of jail.»

«Jail?» Daniele raises his voice. «You two kids need freaking bodyguards.»

«I have one but apparently yeah, my bodyguard needs a bodyguard,» I comment turning my head to look at Kevin that is already pointing his eyes at mine. He protects me but who protects him? What if he was alone and they had a win on him? I can't picture that scene even if I have to be ready because it is surely something that can happen.

«Something else happened,» Daniele comments narrowing his eyes. Kevin and I turn our heads in his direction. «Between you two.»

I look away, knowing my face is getting red. «Do you have the bugs?» I ask scratching my chin as a nervous movement and when I move back my focus on the man, he nods.

I take a relieved sigh, knowing that Daniele only cares about the plan and not what happens between me and Kevin outside of that. I side-eye Kevin and he has a little smirk placed on his face but his gaze is upon the man standing in front of us. He is walking to the steel cabinet he has near the windows and when he opens the first drawer, he takes out a small black briefcase with a secured lock. He turns back to us and pushes the little object on the table. When he opens it, it shows two little black bugs that seem like buttons.

«I have two in case the first one should end up being broken,» Daniele explains. «It will be connected to my computer and we will have the conversation in real time.»

I stretch my neck to have a deep look at the two little buttons. «They're so small,» I comment.

«It's because they're supposed to be very hide. You can hide them everywhere,» Daniele says before lifting his gaze on Kevin. «Feel free to decide where to put it.»

I look at Kevin's outfit, wondering if he had picked something specific to have a pocket to hide it. I thought that bugs like that should've been placed on objects, I have no idea how this works but I am in good hands and I am sure both Daniele and Kevin know what they're doing.

«You can activate and deactivate it with your phone, there is a specific application for it, so you don't have it on during your ride,» Daniele also adds before pushing the briefcase in Kevin's direction.

He looks at the two buttons before picking one gently and taking a deep look at it. «It's incredible how these little things work,» he comments before sticking it in the pocket of his jacket. «Is it fine here?»

Daniele nods. «We can try to see if we can hear you,» the man says before raising his hand towards the door. «Go outside, activate it and try to speak.»

I stand up to reach Daniele's side and look at the computer, waiting for Kevin to speak. The monitor is showing us a straight line, waiting for the sound to move. Then it moves and we hear his voice.

«Is it working?» He asks with a metallic voice.

The lines move quickly after his voice and Daniele replies with a loud voice so Kevin can hear him from outside the window and do some other tries before we're all satisfied about it and let him come back in the room. Kevin turns off the device with his phone and place the little bug back in the case.

«At what time are you going to meet him?»

«We will have lunch together,» Kevin admits. «I'll leave in thirty minutes.»

I sit back on the chair and swallow his words. My heart beating fast to hear that in thirty minutes he will meet his father again and I'll fully hear his voice. Will Joe find out about the shooting? And if he will, I hope he won't touch Kevin because he is already hurt and there is no need to hit him more. I am also afraid I can hear some bad words against me. I am sure he will nominate me, somehow and I wonder what Kevin will tell him. If he will keep the 'she is none' way or he will change the cards.

When a warm grip surrounds my thigh, I flinch blowing away my thoughts and moving my eyes to the hand that is holding me. I lift my head to meet Kevin's eyes, trying to tell me to not worry. I give him a lazy smile as an answer before doing a deep breath.

«Do you have any questions?» Daniele asks Kevin, after setting the computer and lighting on one of his cigarettes. «Now or never, boy.»

«I'm fine,» Kevin answers shrugging. «It's not a lot to deal with. If the situation will take a bad road, I'll find a way to cut everything.»

«Good,» the man nods and inhales the smog from his cigarette. «And are you ready to hear a lot of bad stuff?» Now he is asking me and I don't move my body.

«I'll find out,» I retort.

When the time for Kevin to leave arrives, he greets Daniele and then leaves the room with me behind him. In the hallway, the silence hits us and I somehow want to find a way to not let him go. Nothing will happen, but I have started to feel very nervous each time he is alone with his father and now I also have to listen to what they say to each other. It is something I have still to digest.

«Whatever thing you'll hear, don't fully believe any of them,» Kevin warns me with a worried gaze. «I have to keep playing the part where you are nothing to me but we both know that's not the truth.»

«I know,» I murmur wrapping my arms around my body. «That's not something I am worried about,» I comment with a little smile before sighing.

«Everything will be fine,» he tells me reassuringly before stepping closer to me and unwrapping my arms to replace them with his. «He believes I am into this. I know him pretty well to be sure about that. He is not going to make false steps.»

I nod, trying to relax my mind and trust his words. I only have to be patient and let the day go. «Text me whenever you can, to know how you are, okay?»

He smiles at my care, now used to it. «I will,» he answers. «But promise me you won't worry too much.»

«I won't,» I comment chuckling. «I am sure Daniel will be very funny while listening to your father.»

Kevin's face darkens a bit and I wonder if it is because what his father would say won't be this funny or if he is worried something bad will come out of the conversation he will have.

«Just remember that whatever I will say is just part of the plan,» he says again.

«Don't overthink about this too much, just go there have your conversation and don't think about me.»

He nods before laying his head towards my face and kissing my forehead before holding me against his body and then leaving me there. I linger in the hallway, looking right where he was before he disappeared through the main door. Then I find my way back to Daniele's studio, where he is looking at his phone.

When he sees me coming inside, he put away his phone and pushes his elbow against the desk. «I will order something to eat, what do you want?» He asks while I throw myself on the armchair.

I shake my head. «Nothing, thanks.»

«Kid.» He uses a reproach tone. «I know you're worried about him but you need to eat if you want enough energy to go through the day.»

I sigh, knowing he is right. It is known that when I am nervous, my stomach closes and suddenly I stop to eat but I am also aware that if I don't do it, I will feel dizzy all day and incapable of controlling my emotions. This will be my first time hearing what mobsters talk about and knowing what Joe's voice sounds like. Even if I don't want to hear it, I have to. And to do that, I need the enough amount of energy.

«Whatever you eat for me is fine.»

«I'll order us some pizza, okay?»

I nod, not giving any other response and letting him call the pizzeria. I listen to his Italian voice calling the restaurant and I've always asked myself what I sound like when I speak Italian. I have been here for enough years to know well the language but I wonder what my accent is. When Daniele finishes his call, my sight is still on him and once he turns his face in my direction, a confused gaze makes me slightly laugh.

«I was thinking about how I sound when I speak Italian,» I comment. «No one ever complained about my accent but still I have no idea if my British accent is strong or not.»

«By the way your British accent is strong even when you talk in English, I am sure it's the same when you speak Italian,» he comments by pushing his back against the chair that does a crunchy sound.

I connect my eyebrows. «Is that so obvious?»

«Say water.»

I roll my eyes, putting an amused smile on my face at the most requested sentence ever. «Water,» I repeat and he laughs.

«Yup, pretty obvious.»

My phone buzzes and I shift my focus from Daniele to my device, picking it up and reading the text. It's from Antonio.

Tonio

You disappeared

You're right, I am sorry.

After the date we got attacked and it was a long night

Do you want to see each other in the evening or tomorrow?

Tonio

Crazy how you talk about it as it's something to pass by easily

I mean— what am I supposed to do?

Tonio

If you're free, we can have lunch together tomorrow, I'll bring Giacomo okay?

Yup, see ya tomorrow <3

I put away my phone with a disappointed expression, thinking it was Kevin but I try to hide my face by facing the window. He probably is on his way to meet his father, because he hasn't turned on the bugs yet. Daniele is working on something on his computer, while I have no idea what to do right now if not to think. I don't want to do that, but there is nothing else to do for me.

I haven't had a moment to think about the kiss. I don't even know how I found the braveness to do it. Something from the deep steered me and I did it. Probably because of his words, the tension between us, the adrenaline of what happened after our date and also the fact that I am fully tired to hid my feelings because I have to be meticulous because I am afraid of losing him as I lose my mom. But the pain wouldn't be the same. Even if what I feel for Kevin is deep and real, I still know him not enough to reduce myself the way I did for my mom. Plus, she was my mom. Kevin has not the same weight and importance she had. It's a bad thing to think but it's the truth. No one can replace a mother, mostly if you were very closer to her.

But, the kiss convinced me to take Kevin with me to the cemetery but keep him far away from me. I am sure he won't pry into my privacy with my mom but I need him to be there for the after, knowing it will devastate me as usual to stay there with her and talk about everything.

Back to the kiss.

I am aware that by doing that, I cut all the gaps between me and him, opening a new door. The kiss made official what we both wanted and I was expecting it to happen only at the end of the plan. I just couldn't handle my body anymore. I needed to let it go. And from now on I am just acting as I feel, against him. I am still on my way, waiting to relax my mind only when I know he is safely out from his family but I am not backing off anymore.

«Kid,» Daniele calls me and brings my mind back to the earth. «The boy just turned on the bug. He is asking if we can hear him, send him a text.»

I stand up beside him while I pick up my phone from my jeans pocket.

We can hear you

A little silence before he replies to my text with a thumbs up. I put away my phone again and I move to grab one of the chairs and haul it next to Daniele's. He hands me a pair of big headphones and I wear them. Once I am sitting my heartbeats start to go faster, realising I am about to hear a whole full conversation between Kevin and Joe. I am still demanding myself if I am ready for that.

«I'll try to record, if I point at you, write down what you hear,» Daniele gives me to order and I nod, deciding to note down what I heard on my phone, being faster in typing than writing. «And here we go.»

The line on the desktop starts to move as Kevin walks into the room, letting us hear some dim voices. I bite the inner of my bottom lips, as usual, nervous tic. I just hope he won't say the wrong words because he knows I am hearing.

«So proud of what you've done during the mission, Figlio,» Joe speaks and my back tingle hearing his annoying deep voice. The Italian accent is pretty obvious and the proudness in his voice makes my stomach rolls as he thinks what Kevin and his coworker had done is a good thing. «Even if I would prefer for you to do what Donny did.»

«I had not time to do it,» Kevin defences himself. «He did it before I could even move. He was just faster.»

«You used to be the fastest.»

I flash a gaze to Daniele who is deeply into the conversation. We hear them talking about the attack for a little while, but nothing interesting. Joe warns Kevin that they would've eaten in his studio because he didn't want to leave the room since they need to talk about some stuff and when Joe said that, I clenched my fists.

«I am sure you'll be happy to hear what I am planning,» Joe points out.

Daniele turns his head on me. «I am recording, no need to type down,» he warns me and I nod, still picking up my phone to note something I think is better to have as backup.

«I hope something less boring than what I had to do two days ago,» Kevin replies chuckling at the end of his sentence.

If I didn't know him, I would say that he is really enjoying the conversation and whatever his father is planning. But I know Kevin and I have to say he is very good to pretend what his father wants him to say and how to say it.

«I am tired of this blood feud between us and Nando,» Joes confesses and I already know where this conversation will end. «I am planning to expose them once and for all. You'll be the main character, with me. Because this will be the only time I will be part of an attack.»

«Bingo,» Daniele says loud with a smile on his face and looks at me. «Come on kid, smile. We're getting close to the end with this.»

I give him a lazy smile while nodding slowly. He makes a disappointed sound before looking back at the monitor, with a big smile planted on his face. «After this, I will be able to work again as before,» he murmurs and my smile becomes real now because he deserves that. He is a good person and good at what he does. It is pretty clear how he wants to keep going with this job and how much he hates injustice.

«How are you planning to do that?»

«This is something I can't still tell you because I need to fully plan it.»

«Why don't you let me help? I need to be aware of everything you do, so I know how to handle this situation when one day I'll sit where you're now.»

«I like these words. I like this new you. It wasn't that hard, hm? If your mind was a bit faster and your heart less weak, now you would already be here.»

He is not weak, you dumbass. I wish I could be face to face to him to slap his arrogant face and yell at him about all the good qualities his son has. But I guess this is something it will never happen.

«Give me some days and I will tell you everything, okay? I can't tell you now.»

Kevin stays silent, probably thinking about something and I wonder what he is thinking about.

«What I can tell you,» his father starts again. «It's that we're gonna have them.»

«Okay,» Kevin just answers. «If you need any idea, I can help.»

Joe shifts the conversation from The Cleaners to other work that Kevin should do. I refused to hear when Joe talked about other types of torture putting down the headphone and asking Daniele to tell me if something is interesting to hear. While I wait, I eat my pizza which arrived five minutes ago. My stomach is fully closed, and I force my mouth to chew the food and my throat to swallow it. I sigh as I feel nauseous in my stomach getting high and I drink water to push it down.

«So boring,» Daniele suddenly says pushing away one side of the headphones. «They are talking about old stuff and nothing that can help us. Kevin is doing amazing. I am sure his father is drinking all his compliments.»

I twist my nose. «Good that I am not hearing,» I reply with my mouth full.

«You have a really weak stomach,» Daniele comments with a laugh as he bites a slice of his pizza.

I shrug. «It's not my path, you know. I don't think a lot of people want to be in the situation as I am.»

«Then why you're still in?»

I face my half-eaten pizza, settling the answer in my head. «Because I am weak,» I murmur. «Because when I found it out, I was already into him. And once I knew he never wanted to be part of it and was trying to walk away, I couldn't back off.» I lift my head, meeting dark irides. «And the more I stayed next to him, the strongest were my feelings.»

«When love is in the middle, is never easy.»

«Who said it is about love?» I ask, blanking quickly. «I have just found out what my feelings are for him and there is no love in it.»

«That's what you're trying to convince yourself of,» Daniele speaks but then he stops to focus on something that he can hear in the headphones. He puts back both sides of the device. «They're talking about a gala.»

I drop my pizza and settle the headphones back on my head, curious about the next conversation.

«You're hosting a gala?» Kevin's voice sounds surprised as he says that.

«Yes, at Location del Broletto,» Joe retorts and I wonder what kind of place is that and how the heck they ended up organising a gala. Why is he planning on doing one?

«What's the occasion?»

«No particular one,» the man replies and my eyes are glued on the monitor with the lines moving fast at each sound. «Maybe I wanna show everyone how my son came back on his steps.»

My face does a disappointed grimace. «What kind of sick mind has he?»

«I have no idea but I sense some double way in this conversation.»

«No need to make a gala for me,» Kevin replies and I agree with him.

«You're not the main character in this gala, I just want to do it. What's wrong with it?»

«Nothing, Father. I am sorry.» My chest tightens at hearing Kevin apologising in a low voice. The way he said father was cold and distant but I am pretty sure Joe made something to put him on the defensive position.

«You can bring her with you,» Joe speaks again and my jaw drops. «The girl.»

«What girl?» Kevin asks and I make a deep long breath in.

«Don't play that card with me, figlio. We both know who.»

«The one from the attack? I stopped seeing her after that day. There is no need to call her back just for one night.»

«Don't play me, figlio. Do not forget I am older and I have more knowledge of you.»

I swallow my fear and Daniele gives me a pat on the shoulder. «He won't fall, don't worry.»

«Never said the opposite but this time you might be wrong. There is no girl in my life, except some one-night stand to have fun with.»

«Ugh,» I seethe crossing my lips. The thought of Kevin with other girls, having fun nights makes my stomach feel even more unwilling.

«Whatever,» Joe keeps going. «You wanna play with me, I get it.»

«If you're so attached to her, you can ask her to come with you.»

I take off the headphones, not interested in hearing more. «If you need me to do something, ask. But I am not going to put those headphones anymore from now on.»

Daniele nods and shifts his head against the monitor again, being sure he is recording.

After almost two hours, Daniele hears Kevin leaving his father's house and turning off the bug. I am sitting on the armchair, biting my nails with a nervous tic and looking at an unclear point in the office. I haven't listened to anything after what Kevin said to his father about me. I know his intention was not bad, since it is all a play but it was so bad to hear. Just the picture of Joe trying to approach me made my skin shiver. I have no idea what he looks like and even if he is a handsome man, the only contact I can owe him is a punch in the face for all the things he has done to people and Kevin. I just hope that he won't take his son's words too seriously and leave me out of all this.

Daniele is still working on the computer, organising files and putting them in each folder where he needs them more. «Nothing was interesting in this conversation,» he adds with a desperate sigh. «The only thing we are aware of is that he is planning a big attack towards Nando. That's good but we need more details.»

I look up to meet his gaze. «He will tell Kevin the details,» I grumble. «Probably before that he needs to push his son to do something else big so he fully knows he can let his son know stuff.»

«What a rush tone,» Daniele notes with an amused smile.

I don't answer. I just move my head away from his, facing back at the nothing in the room and wondering if I can go back home or if I have to wait for Kevin. There is nothing else he needs to say to us -me- so I could just head back to my home. But somehow I have to give him his car back, perhaps not today. I don't feel relaxed enough to go back to his house. I need some time to reflect.

If you're so attached to her, you can ask her to come with you.

He could have used some different approach but maybe I am just overthinking something not that much big. I am sure that Joe doesn't believe Kevin and he knows I am still filling his son's life. Even if he is a bad father, he still is it. He raised his son and he can feel his feelings.

The room is now pretty silent and my thoughts are too noisy. I stand up. «I think I'll go back home,» I warn Daniele. «Do you still need me?»

The man raises his eyes to check on me. «You sure kid you wanna go back home now?» He asks as it's four o'clock in the morning and I have to walk on my way back home. «Don't you wanna wait for him?»

«Do I have to?»

«Listen, Enede.» This is probably the first time hearing him calling me by my name and not just kid or blonde. «It was just part of the play. You know he didn't mean that. Your silly mind is playing with you. Wait for him to be here. I am sure as soon as you see him, all your worried walls fall.»

I huff, bringing back my butt on the armchair and I cross my arms against the chest.

When Kevin rushes into the room, his gaze moves quickly around the room before they find me. I lift my head, making our eyes meet and, as Daniele said, my worried walls fall. My mind finds its peace and my chest is relieved and light. It's like someone has just taken off a big rock from my chest. But even after feeling this way, I stay still in the armchair.

«Don't look at me like that,» he demands as he sits next to me.

«I'll grab a coffee,» Daniele grumbles before walking out of the office, leaving Kevin and me alone.

The air suddenly is tense. I squeeze my hands against each other, still looking at him. «I am not doing anything.»

«I know it was very bad to say and to hear,» he picks up before trying to reach my crossed hands. I let him take one as he holds it gently. «I am sorry. I had to make him believe that you're not in my life anymore.»

«Did he?» I ask with a low tone of voice. «Did he believe you?»

Kevin frowns. «Haven't you heard the rest of the conversation?»

I shake my head. «I took off the headphone after that sentence.»

The boy next to me makes out finger cross each other and I feel my skin tingling under his warm and worried pressure. «He just laughed and said that putting me on the defensive only increases the clarity of the situation,» he explains never leaving my sight. «And that the only thing he wants is for me not to be weak for someone who is not worthy.»

His grip clenches but it doesn't hurt. «He has some weird phobia against this weakness he thinks everyone has,» I judge. «Anyway, it's okay. I just didn't want to hear his voice anymore. It was nothing for what you said.»

«Don't lie,» he fends off.

«I am not.»

«You refused to listen right after that sentence. It affected you.»

«I know you didn't mean that. It was just too weird to listen and I really couldn't handle his voice anymore.»

Kevin nods slowly, packing his mind around my words and trying to see if he can find the trap in them but there isn't. I am honest with what I am saying.

«I was right about his plan on The Cleaners,» he suddenly comments with an amused laugh.

«At least he is giving us a good way to catch him.» My voice sounds distant and I don't know where I am and if I am still back at the conversation or mad at the fact that I got attacked, twice. And the second time Kevin got shot. What will happen if there is a third time? Will one of us die?

Everything is going too slowly.

Kevin's hand takes my chin and pulls it up gently, making my eyes drown in his blue irises. He says nothing, he just rubs his thumb against my cheek before I lay down my head pushing my forehead against his chest before doing a long inhale. I just wanted a boy next to me to love and be with. Having normal romantic life. Living the honeymoon phase before the discussion and thinking about the future together. Instead, I found a boy with a complicated life and an appeal that couldn't push me away. Even if his will to set himself free was what made me stay. I have to admit that I have such a weak heart for people who needs help and I don't know if this is good or not. Maybe in a certain situation, like in Ludovico's life. And with Kevin's life... I should've been selfish.

«Come on,» he whispers while caressing my head. «I think you need to go back home and rest.»

I nod, still with my head placed against his black t-shirt. I need to have a long nap and shut my mind down for as long as I need to but right now I am fine in his arms, knowing he is here and he is fine. «I have your car,» I point out.

«I know. You can have it for now, whenever you'll come to my house you'll leave it.» His voice is soft.

I sigh and lift my head at the same time Daniele comes in. «Are you okay, kid?» he asks Kevin.

He nods. «Yeah, it wasn't hard,» he comments. «Do you need to ask me anything?»

«Yes.»

«I'll leave,» I drop my voice as I stand up. «I need to rest. I am sure you need him more than you need me.»

«You're always welcome here but you can go and rest,» Daniele says softly before reaching his chair.

Kevin walks me out of the building and reaches with me the car parked not so far away from the Audi. When we're next to the grey Mazda, I stop rolling my body to face him. «I'll text you when I'm home.»

He nods, his hands hidden in his pants pocket and blonde hair flying with the wind. I know he probably is still worried about what my mind is working on, so to make him feel less anxious I put myself on tiptop and inch towards his face before kissing him.

Kevin welcome my kiss by wrapping his hand around my back neck and not letting me pull back, not that I want to. I can taste the desperation in his lips, he needed it and I knew it. Once I made the first step, I found more comfortable being this close to him and my mind doesn't overthink about my body's reaction to Kevin's touch or words.

He slowly let my neck go, so I back off slightly, still with a small gap between us. «Now you can be sure that it didn't affect me, okay?»

He settles his eyes on mine and nods with a pure and soft smile. I smile at him back before turning back to the car and heading to it. Kevin closes my door and before I leave, he waves at me. I see his figure lingering until I turn the corner and drive back to my house.

AUTHOR SPACE

Hey there people

So, in this chapter, we see new things. After Enede kissed him, Kevin doesn't step back if he wants to kiss her again. He was waiting for this for so long, and now he just had the confirmation. And for Enede is the same. Even if she is still a bit out of her limits, she wanted it and she just needs to feel comfortable with it.

Then they meet Daniele. I don't fully like how this chapter goes, but I think it's just to show how Kevin tries hard with his father that seems to fully know what his son is into. Even if Joe believes Kevin is back, he won't drink that Enede is out of his life. 

Kevin's words were a bit triggering for Enede, she didn't like to hear that even if she knows that he didn't mean that. He would never let his father approach her but it was still a weird feeling and until she saw Kevin back, she kept feeling that weird feeling on her back.

But things turned out good, for now.

Q: why do you think Joe is hosting a gala out of nowhere?

Lemme know by commenting.

Love ya, Benny <3

CHAPTER COVER MADE BY ME

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

260K 8.5K 56
"We are here with you." She said and hugged me with gentleness. My shoulder sagged in relief as I hugged her back. She broke the hug and caressed my...
164K 7.1K 28
"I thought I taught that mouth of yours a lesson." I said. "I need to be taught many lessons before accepting it, Mr Kovak." Her eyes lock with mine...
236K 5.5K 37
One day the "mafia prince" Luke will be the Spanish Mafia leader. But for now...it's high school for him! Since Stefa and Álvaro, his parents, adop...
2M 63.1K 32
Alessandro Moretti is a powerful and feared leader of the Italian Mafia, with a heart as cold as the ice. Love has never been on his radar, and he ha...