Chronicles of Camelot

Od Irish_Wolves

by: DZ2 Published with permission It started with a kiss: a new Harry emerges and a seemingly impossible dest... Více

The oncoming storm
No matter what
The winds of change
Summer days and Knights
Honour, loyalty, truth and unity
Survival of the fittest
The longest day
United we stand
Swords and Surprises
The Prisoner of Azkaban
Darkness and Light
The power of a name
Heroes wings
Padfoots return
Eye of the Hurricane
Only Human
White knight, black christmas
The storm and the sword
New year, old problems
Black unicorn
A stormy end
Book 2: The Lords of nature
A knight becomes a king
Hail King of Camelot
Wind beneath my wings
Flowers and forebodings
Crossroads of Destiny
First day dilemmas
Defense, dragons and dead men
Seven swords and surprises
Artemis' Gift
Return of the King
The first task
The Yule Ball
The inevitable event
The final showdown
Alternate ending

Show me the light

1K 44 20
Od Irish_Wolves

Are…are you sure of that my Lord?"

Harry, standing rather casually against the ornate fireplace of the lounge, looked over to Sebastian as he finished explaining everything he had seen and heard within the dream world, the eyes of the Order's Commander filled with shock as Harry waited for the response.

"According to the Lords," Harry repeated for him, "There is another Pure Knight; apparently, it's someone that they didn't see before and, according to Zeus, this other Knight revealed themselves on the day that I was knighted by the power of Excalibur."

"Another Pure Knight," Sirius whispered, "Amazing: and they have no idea as to who it is or what their elemental power is?"

"No and no," Harry answered, looking now to Hermione as he added, "That's why I was so on edge when I woke up this morning; another Pure Knight and they haven't revealed themselves to me; it makes me wonder if they're an ally to me or an enemy."

"Has that ever happened?" asked Hermione suddenly, looking to Sebastian, "A Dark Knight?"

"Other than the Knight of Darkness, there has never been any references to a Dark Knight, or a Knight who has turned against the Elemental Order," explained Sebastian, "This is how the power of the Knights are chosen; they are given to those who the Powers That Be feel are worthy of the powers."

"So if they haven't revealed themselves," Sirius surmised, "Then there's a good reason, but the point still stands: who are they and what power do they command?"

"Whatever it is," Emma put in, both her and Dan still in shock as to Harry's revelation, "It can't be anymore powerful than Harry, can it? I mean, didn't you say that your power was that of all the Knights?"

"I did," Harry agreed, "And you raise a good point Mum; if this other Pure Knight has been blessed in any way, similar to my being a Twice-Blessed Knight, then it raises questions about their power levels and what they can do."

"I guess all we can do is wait," Dan added, "In the mean time, we need to prepare ourselves: Amelia said she'd be coming here with word about what happened at the station and you need to be ready."

"Believe me Dan," Sirius told him, "I'm more than ready."

"Sirius," Dan told him, before gesturing to where Harry seemed to be inspecting the edges of his fingernails, "I wasn't talking to you."

HPHG

Dan's guess was right on the money: at around eleven-o-clock, Amelia came to the front door of the House and, after being given permission to enter, she didn't waste time; looking first to Harry, she explained, "Molly's trial is set for 2pm this afternoon and, as you guessed Harry, I was also able to push Sirius' trial."

"To?" asked Harry.

"Straight afterwards," Amelia explained, "Knowing you would be there, I had Cornelius agree to it; he even agreed to my stipulation that Sirius' trial would be overseen by me and not the Chief Warlock; this means that, if you need to, you'll be able to use your authority as Holy Knight to speak for him."

"Thank you Amelia," Harry sighed, his eyes watching Sirius warily as he then asked, "Let me guess: Dumbledore tried to make sure that I wouldn't be able to attend the trial at all?"

"Sadly yes," Amelia replied, aware of a sly, almost calculating look in Harry's eyes as she then added, "Harry, as your Vassal, I will always do my best to show the loyalty that you entrust me with in everything I do; no matter what, Dumbledore will never defeat me."

"Thank you Amelia," Harry nodded, his smile now accompanying his calculating look, "Let's just say that, if all goes according to plan, then you won't have to worry about Dumbledore much longer; now, before we go, I think we should go over the basics of what I can and can't say in the trials and what will happen with Molly and Sirius."

Amelia nodded in agreement, before she was led, by Harry, through to the lounge for what she assumed would be quite the informative conversation…

HPHG

At ten-minutes-to-two, Harry entered Courtroom One of the Ministry Council Chambers, his eyes taking in every detail as he moved over to the witness box, his eyes aware of most of the witches and wizards in attendance looking upon both he and Hermione with disdain.

'I smell trouble,' Harry mentally told Hermione, 'Be ready for anything.'

'I will,' Hermione replied, 'Did you allow the other Weasleys to be here?'

'Arthur will be here as a proxy for the family,' Harry told her, 'As for the others, I can only hope our little slave doesn't show, or I may be forced to punish him.'

'You're enjoying having Ron's life in your hands aren't you?' The question was asked with amusement, so Harry provided an equally amusing response.

'What do you think?'

Moments later, the doors opened again and, as Harry watched, he smiled to himself as he saw Remus, Dan, Emma, Sebastian, Tyler, Felicia, Dante and Elora all walk in, the youngest of the Order, much to Harry's surprise, accompanied by Tonks, who inclined her head to Harry when she saw him. Taking their own seats with their Lord and Lady, Harry was about to ask about a certain mutt when he saw the figure at Remus' heels, both the former Professor – and Harry hadn't been happy when he'd learned that – and the dog moving to a spectator's area of the room.

Following them were Amelia, Cornelius Fudge, who actually looked intimidated at the sight of Harry sitting there, as well as a rather unusual-looking woman with a face like a toad and dressed in a flowery pink cardigan. Behind them were Arthur Weasley, who gave Harry a swift bow as he entered, Lucius Malfoy, who held a rather apathetic look as he saw the Holy Knights, and, at long last, the so-called star of the show that was to come: Dumbledore.

While Fudge, the cardigan-wearing woman and Amelia made their way to the head of the room, Dumbledore walked across the courtroom and stopped before Harry, Arthur now taking his seat in the witness box as the Headmaster cleared his throat and addressed the Holy Knight. "Harry my boy; I understand what you think has transpired, but is there any real need for all these theatrics? I'm sure a formal apology and an agreement of terms would settle this matter."

"It probably would," Harry agreed, his silver eye glowing dimly in the near-darkness of the room, "But we both know the terms that Molly would ask, don't we Albus old chap?"

"I'm sure if you let me speak with her," Dumbledore began, but was cut off by Harry lifting a hand, his eyes now locked on the old man.

"No," he said flatly, "Molly is a member of House Weasley, of which Arthur is the House Head and I am their House Lord and Protector; she insulted my betrothed several times and tried to pin her son's actions on my…what did she call them Hermione?"

"Delusions," Hermione explained, earning a smile of success from Harry.

"That's right, so, if you don't mind, Chief Warlock, I believe the Minister and his Cabinet are waiting to speak."

Dumbledore, seeing that defeat was inevitable, moved to the same seats where Fudge was sitting with Amelia and the toad woman, before the Minister had the doors sealed and banged his gavel. "Ladies and gentlemen of the Wizengamot; we are gathered here today to inquire as to the actions of one Molly Weasley nee Prewitt; witness for the defence is Chief Warlock Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore; judging and questioning panel are Amelia Bones, Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement and Cornelius Oswald Fudge, Minister For Magic. Also present is Dolores Jane Umbridge, Senior Undersecretary to the Minister; in opposition to the Defence are Lord Harry James Potter and Lord Arthur Stephen Weasley. Against her own will, the accused has been given Veritaserum and sworn a magical oath to speak the truth at all times; any questions?"

"I have a question," Harry spoke up, "And that is why Lord Dumbledore and the Minister are recognised for their titles, but, for the sake of equality, neither my betrothed nor I are simply recognised as anything more than witnesses?"

"Of course," Fudge smiled, Harry suddenly having a sneaking suspicion that Dumbledore had played his hand in this, "As I was saying; witness to the opposition are Lord Harry James Potter, Holy Knight of Thunder, and Lady Hermione Granger, Holy Knight of Ocean as well as Lord Arthur Weasley, proxy and witness to the Vassal House of Lord Potter."

He said the titles of Harry and Hermione with great difficulty, but it had the expected reactions; half the Wizengamot were suddenly looking very nervous and, in the corner of the room, Harry caught sight of a blonde-haired woman quickly writing down the details of the trial, a pair of horrid-looking glasses covering her eyes.

"Arthur," Harry asked calmly, "Who's that woman?"

"That's Rita Skeeter," answered Arthur, "She's usually the one to report on cases such as these; she's going to have a field day with what you've said will happen today."

"I'm sorry you have to speak out against her," Harry whispered, "But I can't let her threaten my life or Hermione's any longer; I only hope you understand."

"I do Harry," Arthur replied, "And whatever punishment you feel is right for her, I will agree to; you have my word, my Lord."

Fudge cleared his throat, signalling that he wanted the attention of everyone in the room; resuming his glance to the floor, Harry smirked inwardly, 'Have fun while you can Fudge,' he thought, 'Because no-one here, not even Amelia, is aware of the other little surprise I have in store for you today.'

"Bring in the accused," Fudge commanded, Harry watching as the door opened and Molly was led in; she looked to be covered in a lot of dirt and grime, her eyes were red and puffy, but they were also relaxed, indicating the presence of Veritaserum.

When Molly took her seat, Harry watched as chains seemed to spring out of nowhere, fastening the accused to the chair as Harry rose first, Dumbledore moving at the same time. Seeing the movements, Fudge asked, "Would you mind stating your name for the record please?"

"Molly Ann Weasley nee Prewitt," answered the woman, her voice a monotone, relaxed tone that spoke only truth.

"You are a resident of the house known as the Burrow in Ottery St Catchpole, yes?"

"Yes."

"You are here on charges of breaking the betrothal of a pureblood heir and a Holy Knight as well as continuous threats against said members of the wizarding community, do you acknowledge these charges?"

"Yes."

"Very well," Fudge looked to Harry, seemed to give a sneer, before he added, "Lord Dumbledore, if you would."

Surprisingly, it was Lucius who then lifted his wand, his eyes on Fudge, who blanched as he asked, "Yes Lord Malfoy?"

"Pardon my rudeness Minister," Lucius remarked, "But, according to protocol of witness questioning, is it not the higher authority who questions first?"

"Yes," Fudge replied, "And Lord Dumbledore is the Chief Warlock."

"And Lord Potter is a Holy Knight," Lucius reminded Fudge, "As well as Lord to the House of Potter and, by your own admittance, he is a recognised Holy Knight of Thunder, which gives him the authority over Lord Dumbledore."

"Well yes but…"

"The court recognises Lord Malfoy's explanations," Umbridge spoke up; she had a high-pitched, almost musical voice that, when it wanted to, could hold a tone of malice, but now held a tone of respect, "Lord Potter is given the right to question first."

"Thank you Madam Secretary," Harry nodded, now taking the floor, his stance showing confidence that, if it were a liquid, would have flooded the room; out of the corner of his eye, Harry saw Dumbledore's eyes lose their sparkle, his hand moving rather subtly to his robe pocket.

To the casual onlooker, Harry appeared to flick a stray strand of dust from the black robe that he was wearing; but, at the same time as the casual flick, the Holy Knight had summoned a wind to move whatever Dumbledore was reaching for, causing a clattering item to hit the floor.

Every eye was now on Dumbledore, Harry looking to the headmaster and Chief Warlock with an eye of curiosity as he asked, "Hiding something Chief Warlock?"

Amelia's wand was in her hand before Dumbledore could argue; she summoned the item, or should that be items, to her hand; opening her hand, Amelia spoke up, "Lord Dumbledore, can you explain why you have a potion in your pocket and why you still have your wand when you are a witness and not among the panel for this trial?"

"Madam Bones," Fudge insisted, "Lord Dumbledore is Chief Warlock; you will not question his actions."

"I'm curious," Harry remarked, now spreading his arms and even emptying his pockets, "I have no wand nor do I hold my family's ancestral weapon and yet my authority is higher than that of Lord Dumbledore: who makes the rules around here Minister?"

"That would be me Lord Potter," Fudge remarked, Harry now smirking as he found his plan working better than he could have expected, "And I do not recognise your authority: you are only there on a casual ruling."

"Minister!" gasped Umbridge, her eyes on Harry as if she shared his shock, "How can you allow Lord Dumbledore one privilege but deny the authority of someone with more authority than him?"

"Probably because he thinks me a minor," Harry remarked, now turning to Molly as he shook his head, "Sad really: ah well, Madam Bones, would you mind keeping hold of those items until the conclusion of the trial?"

"Of course Lord Potter," Amelia nodded, "Please continue."

"Thank you," Harry nodded, before he looked to Molly as he asked, "Lady Molly Weasley, you are the mother of Ginevra Weasley, are you not?"

"I am."

"And," Harry continued, "You are aware of the relationship between your daughter and myself, are you not?"

"I am."

"What is it that you think will happen if our friendship continued?"

Dumbledore went to object, but the question had been asked and Molly had to answer, "You would be forced to marry Ginny and part yourself from the filthy Muggleborn who is nothing more than a mere fling."

Harry heard the chair's scrape before he saw Dan on his feet, Hermione now placing her hand on her Father as Harry continued, "And who told you this would happen?"

"Albus Dumbledore."

As gasps of shock were shared among the Wizengamot, Harry nodded once as he asked, "And how were you to achieve this?"

"I am an expert at Potion Crafting; it would have been an easy task to slip you several love and obedience potions before allowing Dumbledore to weaken your magic and bind you to Ginny where you belong."

"And if that didn't work?"

"It would."

Despite the Veritaserum, Harry heard the confidence in the response; with a slow smile, he asked, "Could you possibly be referring to an incident that occurred earlier in the year with your son, one Ronald Weasley?"

"Yes."

"How did you know about that?"

"I told him to."

"Could you explain," Harry continued, now aware of Hermione sharing her Father's anger, "For the court what this plan of yours was?"

"She is now old enough to be considered betrothal material and arrange a marriage contract; when my son had taken something of real importance to her and claimed her as his, I would have brought her up on falsified charges of seducing a pureblood and using the Dark Arts to bed him; no-one would have been any the wiser."

"And you would have gotten away with it," Harry sighed, before he adopted a rather mocking tone as he added, "If it wasn't for us meddling kids: such a shame: and how do you explain your actions of using compulsion charms and trying to break my betrothal?"

"It was for the Greater Good," Molly replied, half the Wizengamot now feeling sick as she continued, "Once you were alone, I'd slip you the potion, you'd impregnate my daughter and then, when you died, she'd get everything."

"Ah," Harry sighed again, "A good plan, but you forget one little thing: I was more than aware of your plans and stopped them at every opportunity and now, Molly, your future is in my hands."

"Not so Lord Potter," Fudge spoke up, "We now have the counter questioning."

"No we don't," Amelia and Umbridge chorused, before Amelia nodded to Harry as she added, "If you would, my Lord."

"Thank you Amelia," Harry replied, now turning to the Wizengamot as he explained, "Under Veritaserum and oath, Molly Weasley has confessed her crimes and has hinted at suggestions of the ancient crime of Line Theft and the laws of the Old Ones, stating that a Pureblood cannot bed a Muggleborn willingly and that the only explanation, in their eyes, is dark magic. As Holy Knight of Thunder and as a Twice-Blessed Knight, I hereby submit to you all that Molly…is guilty: all in favour?"

At least ninety percent of the wands in the court were lit, Harry not really surprised to notice that Fudge wasn't one of them; when he asked for opposed, there were a sparse handful of wands lit, before Amelia cleared her throat and spoke, "Molly Weasley has been found guilty of her crimes and, believe me, a full investigation into the role played by Lord Dumbledore will be given. As the offended party and Lord of her Vassal House, I leave the final decision of punishment to Lord Potter."

"Then this is what I propose," Harry replied, his voice calm despite the storm that was going on under his skin, "As punishment, I first disown Molly Prewitt from the Weasley Line: Lord Weasley, do you agree?"

"I do," Arthur replied, Harry aware of another name being stricken from his Vassals.

"Second," Harry continued, "I put it to you, ladies and gentlemen of the Wizengamot that Molly Prewitt be put to work under the watch of her own family; her now ex-son, Charlie works on a dragon reserve in Romania and the Gringotts goblins, of which her ex-son Bill works for, also have dragon pens in their tunnels; I propose that Molly spends the next ten years going back and forth between the reserves and tunnels as a dragon fertilizing assistant and pen cleaner, after which she spends the rest of her life in Azkaban: all in favour?"

This time, every wand was in the air; in their eyes, she was getting off easy; when Harry asked for opposition, only Fudge's wand was lit, before Harry nodded once.

"Then it's settled," Amelia explained, "Aurors, take Miss Prewitt away and, for the sake of continuity, could Lord Dumbledore please leave the courtroom; your service is no longer required."

"Amelia," Fudge growled, "You are risking your j-"

A large, very bright bolt of lightning struck the desk in front of Fudge, Harry now turning to the man as he added, "Minister Fudge, the next order of business does not concern you either, but, since you're here, I think it only fair that I say this: for failing to recognise the authority and presence of the Holy Knights; for attempted counter-attacks against the authority of said Knights and many other crimes that I could mention, I, Harry James Potter, Holy Knight of Thunder, call for Minister Fudge's immediate dismissal as Minister For Magic!"

"You can't do…"

Fudge was silenced again; this time by Amelia, who looked to the Wizengamot as she asked, "All in favour with Sir Potter's suggestions?"

Every wand lit…even Malfoy, who then asked, "My Lord and Sir Potter, who do you nominate as his replacement?"

"Someone who has spent time with the Holy Knights," Harry explained, "Knows and respects their authority and also knows how to play a fair and even game when it comes to the tough decisions: I, Harry Potter, nominate Amelia Bones to become the new Minister."

As Amelia stared at Harry in shock, Lucius asked for an agreement;

The vote was unanimous: even Harry summoned a bolt of lightning to send into the air as his sign of agreement, Fudge now being stricken from the room while Amelia took his seat, her eyes still on Harry.

"You know something?" asked the new Minister, "You should have been a Slytherin Sir Potter: anyway, onto the next case: the trial of one Sirius Black."

"Madam Bones," Dumbledore began, but, as he had done all afternoon, Harry's mental tennis racket was there to return Dumbledore's plans and volleys.

"It's Minister Bones now Dumbledore," he explained, "And I believe you were told by the Minister that you were not required: now, I happen to know the location of one Sirius Black and, if you would permit me a recess, Minister, I can go and fetch him."

"Very well," Amelia replied, trying her hardest to hide her smile of success, "Court is adjourned for now; we shall reconvene at 3pm; the only witness other than the accused shall be Sir Potter, given that it was you, my Lord, who found him."

"As you wish," Harry replied, inclining his head to Amelia as he left, fully aware of everyone that followed him…

HPHG

"I say it again; you should have been a Slytherin with that," Amelia laughed, watching as their entourage all gathered in the Minister's office, Harry aware of Sirius hiding in the shadows of the room; if he were seen, then it would be too late. "Why didn't you tell me what you were planning Harry? You know that I would have gone along with any plans of yours."

"I wanted to surprise you," Harry explained, "And I wanted to confirm my suspicions before I said anything: Amelia, almost literally, I owe you my life and, be it as a Lord, Sir, whatever that is, or as just plain Harry, I will do all in my power to repay your kindness."

"I thank you," Amelia replied, "And a Sir is the title of a Knight; well, it is kind of obvious."

"I guess so," Harry agreed, "And I also think that my punishment for that poisonous preaching parrot was nothing short of justice."

"How so?"

Hermione took up the conversation here, "Harry has the alliance of the goblins through their Chief, Ragnok; not to mention, as he said, Charlie and Bill Weasley are members of his Vassal House."

"That's a lot of respect," Amelia nodded, "So you have the Weasley boys keeping an eye on her and Ragnok himself being the one to deal with her duties to the goblins' dragons. Speaking of which, how's yours doing?"

"She'll hatch any day now," Harry answered, "And I've settled on a name for her: Iris, after the Greek Goddess who it was said travelled with the speed of the wind: sounds like a good name for the pet and friend a Knight of Thunder."

"It certainly fits," Amelia agreed, "And I have better news, well, I do now that I am Minister: I'll see to it that Iris can be with you at Hogwarts in the new year, but only if you agree to something I've thought of to help protect you and your friends."

"What's that?" asked Harry.

Amelia smiled and, looking to where Sirius was in hiding, turned back to Harry as she explained, "Nothing that Dumbledore will like, but something that you will, because it concerns the old dog there."

She had Harry's full attention…

HPHG

When the Wizengamot returned to Courtroom One, Harry had to try and keep his face as apathetic and expressionless as a certain Potions Master, but inside, his excitement and happiness were off the scale: Amelia's idea wasn't just a good one; it was a fantastic idea and, as she said, Dumbledore wouldn't like it, but, if Harry had to guess, Dumbledore would be Hogwarts History within a year.

As the court reconvened, Amelia inclined her head politely to Harry, who this time had been allowed to keep a tight hold on Excalibur in case of trouble while the best of Amelia's forces, the dark skinned Auror named Kingsley Shacklebolt, as well as Sebastian, were outside the courtroom to make sure that no-one tried to avert this.

When the court were seated, Amelia banged her gavel and spoke in a clear, authority-filled voice, "Ladies and Gentlemen of the Wizengamot, this trial is to answer for the alleged crimes against Lord Sirius Orion Black; present are witness to the defence, Sir Harry James Potter, Holy Knight of Thunder and Twice-Blessed Knight, who, since discovering the location of the accused, has had Lord Black under house arrest. Also present are Dolores Umbridge, Senior Undersecretary to the Minister and Amelia Bones, recently appointed Minister for Magic. Sir Potter, if you would be so kind?"

"Of course," Harry replied, now stepping up to where the Minister was seated, Amelia using the tip of her wand to draw out memories from within Harry's mind and store them in a special device that would allow the whole room to bear witness to them.

Once she was done, Amelia looked to the room before she announced, "Bring in the accused!"

Sirius, looking a lot healthier than he had done the first time Harry had seen him, walked into the courtroom and took the seat, the chains now wrapping around his wrists as Amelia continued, "Witness to the Defence, Sir Potter has willingly provided memories of the encounters with him and Lord Black; now, if you would, we will take a look at them."

Tapping the strange device, which looked like a silver egg-timer with Harry's memories in the top side of the timer, Amelia gestured to the ceiling and, in front of the whole Wizengamot, the memories were played out: they saw Harry meeting Sirius, his decision for him to run, meeting again in Hogsmeade and Harry speaking to both McGonagall and Amelia about what had happened. When they saw Sirius swear on Excalibur that he was innocent, it was pretty much an open and shut case and, when they saw the interactions between godfather and godson, it was the icing on the cake.

When the memories faded, Amelia cleared her throat as she explained, "The guilty party, one Peter Pettigrew, has already been stripped of his Order of Merlin and has been locked in Azkaban's most secure ward. For his crimes against the betrayal of the Late Lord and Lady Potter, Pettigrew will be tossed through the Veil immediately: Sir Potter, Lord Black, do either of you have anything to say against this?"

"No Minister," Harry replied, "Except my thanks; now the souls of my parents can rest in peace."

"Lord Black," Amelia added, "Given the recent evidence of threats against your godson, as Minister for Magic, I have a proposition that I would like all in agreement to light their wands to."

"What agreement Madam Minister?" asked Sirius.

"That you," Amelia replied, "Sirius Black, become the new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry this year: all in agreement?"

Every wand was lit, though none as bright as the look of shock and glee shared between Harry and Sirius…

HPHG

"Harry! Harry!"

Hermione's screams of pleasure and delight had Harry roused from sleep like the lightning that he controlled; instinctively, he went for Excalibur, but when he saw Hermione's broad smile, the Holy Knight groaned as he asked, "What is it?"

"It's hatching," Hermione replied.

Harry was down in the living room, in front of the fire where he had placed his dragon egg, faster than lightning itself; indeed, there was a large crack along the top side of the egg and, as Harry looked, a second, splintering crack echoed through the room, before there was a crash and, as Harry looked, he was lost in awe as to what he saw before him.

As Charlie Weasley had described, she was a serpentine dragon who, when she was free of the shell fragments and egg membrane, actually seemed to stand on her tail, which she coiled beneath her body; she had two sets of claws which looked harder than diamond and sharper than even Excalibur. Her scales were a beautiful shade of sky blue that seemed to glow and become burnished by the glow of the fires behind her. Her head was firm and rigid, a pair of strong golden-coloured eyes staring from within the scaly head, two pairs of horns sticking out behind her head and a small set of spikes that ran down her neckline. Seeing Harry there, the little dragon gave an almost innocent chirp before she growled in her throat and nuzzled the tips of Harry's fingers, the Holy Knight smiling when he saw her.

"Beautiful," Harry whispered, "I would have called you Bella, but Sirius would have a heart attack: no," he placed his palm, ever so gently, on the scaled brow of the little dragon, his voice as calm as a summer's breeze as he told her, "Iris; your name is Iris."

'I…I…I like…that…name…Master.'

Staring at the little dragon, Harry's eyes were wide with awe and shock; he had known she would bond with him, but to bond in mind as well as magic: he'd never expected that.

'Iris,' Harry told her again, 'And don't call me Master: only my enemies call me that; you can call me anything you want, but not that, okay?'

'Okay,' Iris replied, now seemingly cooing like a bird as she rubbed her scaled head against Harry's palm; it was then that the Holy Knight noticed her wings and, when he saw them, he was glad he'd called her Iris. The wings, like the body, had a main colouring of sky blue leather that seemed to fold comfortably around her body, but, in the centre of each wing was a rainbow-like design that seemed to shimmer with the light.

'You truly are beautiful,' Harry told her, 'My little Iris.'

'Thank you my Knight,' Iris replied, her soft scales feeling like water itself under Harry's fingertips; once the two had gotten used to one another, Iris fanned her wings and slowly, almost struggling in the process, glided up to Harry's shoulder where she wrapped her tail around his neck and seemed to snuggle down under the warmth of his robe.

'Good thing you're so small,' Harry told her, 'I'm glad you've hatched Iris: I'm going to take very good care of you.'

'Thank you Harry,' Iris answered him, using his name for the first time in her life.

HPHG

When Harry introduced Iris to the others, they all felt the same liking for the small reptilian creature that Harry had done when she'd hatched, although he had to laugh when Severus asked if he could have any scales that she'd shed; to his shock, Iris agreed – or rather, Harry had to tell them that she did.

It was shortly after that moment, as he was officially getting ready for the day that Harry took notice of the date: July 31st: he'd been fourteen for a couple of hours and hadn't even noticed.

From beneath his dark blue robe, Iris poked her head out and licked her forked tongue over his cheek as she asked, 'Is something wrong my Knight?'

'No Iris,' Harry answered her, 'I just happened to forget that it's my birthday today: looks like something else we'll have in common: by the way, given your size, I need to know: what do you eat?'

'Insects,' answered Iris, 'And small mice; I am this small for now Harry, but soon, I will be the same length as from your shoulder to your elbow.'

'How do you speak so well?' asked Harry, 'I mean you just hatched and you speak like you've been alive for many years.'

'I am bonded to you,' Iris told him, 'I know how to speak because your mind speaks with mine; I'll always be able to hear you and, when you need me to, I can also protect your mind from outsiders. I only hope that, in time, I can start to breathe my burning frost so that I can protect you when you are in need of it.' She seemed almost saddened by that, but Harry soon cheered her up when he ran his fingers along the soft scaly skin of her neck, the small dragon purring contentedly as she snuggled back down within his robe.

'You will,' he told her, 'It's all about patience.'

'For what it's worth,' Iris then replied, her soft tone indicating that she was quite possibly drifting off to sleep, 'Happy birthday my Knight.'

'Happy birthday to you too, my little Iris.' Harry replied, petting the part of his robe where Iris was nestled, a soft smile crossing his lips as he thought about the kind of experiences he would have with his dragon.

HPHG

While Harry may have been slightly blind as to the date, his friends and family weren't; no sooner had he returned to the lounge, opening the door ever so calmly, than a chorus of voices echoed through the room: "Happy birthday Harry!"

With a smile, Harry saw all his friends, minus Amelia – but that was to be expected, given her new position – as well as Hermione, Dan, Emma and the Order, Hermione giving him a look of questioning when she saw his smile.

"Thanks everyone," Harry told them, "I guess it's just been so hectic around here that I forgot about my own birthday and what it means for me: anyway, before we do anything else, there's one piece of business: Luna?"

Luna stepped past Hermione and looked to Harry earnestly, her eyes seemingly being lost in his as he nodded and told her, "Kneel."

Luna knelt; withdrawing Excalibur from his scabbard, Harry placed the tip of the sword on Luna's forehead, his voice as strong and as much of a leader as he could muster.

"Do you, Luna Lovegood, accept and understand the role and responsibility of being a Holy Knight?"

"I do," Luna replied.

"Do you pledge yourself, in mind, body and magic, before all these here present, to the Elemental Order and its commander, Harry James Potter, Holy Knight of Thunder?"

"I do."

"And," Harry continued, "Do you solemnly swear to honour the ancestry of the Holy Knights and only use your power and authority as and when it is required?"

"I swear."

"Then," smiled Harry, now moving Excalibur's tip to Luna's shoulders, before he lifted it, his eyes shining with power as he commanded, "I, Harry James Potter, Pure Knight, Twice-Blessed Knight, Holy Knight of Thunder, do call upon the power of the Knights and the Holy Sword Excalibur to bestow you with the powers that suit you best: as Commander of the Order, I will it; so mote it be!"

"So mote it be," Luna repeated, before Excalibur's blade began to glow, its beat and shine like that of a heart beating as Luna looked up into Harry's eyes; as she did, her left eye appeared to cloud over, while at the same time, Neville's left eye became a powerful shade of fiery gold that seemed to resemble an ever-burning fire. As the eye met Harry's, Excalibur's blade shone with a bright light that seemed to flow from the sword into Luna's body, a strong rumbling now echoing around them, Sebastian watching with awe as the light enveloped Luna, a loud screech echoing through the House and, when the light faded, Harry watched as Neville ran to her side.

"Is…is she…"

"She is," answered Harry, "Once again, it seems that destiny has a sense of humour and history repeats itself."

"How?" asked Hermione.

"Because," Harry explained, "Like another pair we know, Luna and Neville now match one another; he is the Holy Knight of Fire and she, Luna Lovegood, on this day, has become the newest member of the Order: the Holy Knight of Sky: just like Godric and Rowena."

"Wow," Hermione whispered, "Now there's irony for you."

"How's that?" asked Dan, watching as Harry lowered Excalibur and sheathed it, his face slightly weary from the knighthood.

"Because," Hermione explained, "Luna is a member of Ravenclaw House and Neville is not only Harry's blood-brother, but a member of Gryffindor."

"I'd say that's irony," Sirius agreed, watching as Harry now moved to a seat, his face filled with an expression of hope and peace.

Once everyone had recovered from the aftershocks of the knighthood, Harry began to open the presents he'd been given: from Sirius, he received a two-way mirror that held a bolt of lightning on both sides of its pendant casing as well as what Sirius described to be an Heir's Ring, which would mark Harry as Sirius' heir. From Remus, Harry received a new set of defence texts as well as a set of candles that were magically tuned to help with meditation and any cases of memory. Dan and Emma had banded together for Harry and bought him a whole new wardrobe for the summer as well as what appeared to be his own mountain bike; Harry, who had never ridden before, still treated this as his best present yet. Sebastian and the Order had bought a set of robes that would mark him as the new lord of Camelot and a Twice-Blessed Knight as well as a set of battle robes embossed with the Holy Knights Crest.

From Severus, which surprised Sirius slightly, Harry received a book on Potions Making that also included several that the Ministry would probably frown on…if the Minister and Harry weren't such good friends that is; he also sent Harry a full Potions kit for his own studies and a new diamond-edged dagger for collecting ingredients. Neville and Luna gave Harry a new photo album, but this one was filled with images of Harry, the Order and his friends and family, the cover of which held an image of Harry surrounded by Prongs and Ariel within the graveyard; later, Hermione explained that she had provided the image from their memories.

Amelia's gift actually surprised Harry as she sent him a book on Unspeakables and the magic that they used, as well as a note that told him that the book was his to study to his heart's content. From the Weasleys, much to Harry's surprise, he was sent a large amount of his favourite Honeydukes sweets and several letters that all apologised profusely for Molly, Ron and the Bighead Boy, before Charlie Weasley had helped provide them with a book on Dragon Care for Harry, his letter asking for the name.

Harry's last gift was from Hermione and, when he opened it, he knew then that she was always going to know who was at her side; like he had done at Christmas, Hermione had given Harry a silver necklace with a stag on the pendant, but when you turned it over, there was also a dragon and a bolt of lightning and inside, apart from a keepsake area, were the words:

To Sparky, Love Ariel

'Perfect,' Harry told her, as he was too busy kissing her to say anything else; after a rather enjoyable party, Harry looked to Sebastian and, with a soft smile, asked the question he'd wanted to all summer.

"How do we get to Camelot?"

"Excalibur," answered Sebastian, "Place it in the ground and command the gateway to open: only the true bearer of Excalibur can do this, so you'll be safe to come and go as you please."

Unsheathing his sword, Harry held it before his friends, his eyes on each of them as he asked, "You all ready?"

"You know we are pup," Sirius told him, "Go for it: we'll be right behind you."

Deciding that there was nowhere better than his own home to open the gateway, Harry walked out towards the main hallway and, standing in front of the door, turned his back to the main entrance and struck Excalibur into the ground, ironically in the same place he had embedded it in the first time around. As he did, the strong waves of magic from his sword had Harry's eyes glowing, his hair blowing around madly and his own magic increasing in strength as he commanded, "I, Harry James Potter, Holy Knight of Thunder, hereby order the gateway to Camelot to open: as Pure Knight and bearer of Excalibur, I command you: let the gate to the land of magic now be seen!"

A powerful bright white light seemed to strike from the tip of the sword, snaking along the ground until it reached the foot of the stairway; as Harry watched the light rising into the air, he was unaware of a second light now joining the first, which then split in two, causing a large stone doorway to appear in the middle of the room, Harry's magic now burning with the raw power he could feel. Upon the door was what Harry assumed to be the crest of Camelot: a crimson dragon in front of two crossed-over lightning bolts, the seal of Camelot placed upon a shield that, as the light brightened, began to part, the gateway to Camelot opening.

However, as the gates opened, Harry's eyes must have been playing tricks on him, because for a short second, he thought he saw someone standing there; his delusions were confirmed when Hermione asked, "Who's that?"

"I…I don't know," Harry replied, watching as the figure, which he noticed to be dressed all in white, a hood covering their face, stepped out and lifted their hand, the light from the door dying away, the metal of Excalibur now glowing with magic. "I think…" he whispered, "It's…the other one; the Knight."

The figure stopped before Harry, their white apparel showing Harry the one thing that confirmed them to be a Knight: the white phoenix crest that Harry himself had designed, before the figure bowed low to him and, standing again, placed their hand upon Harry's, which was still holding onto Excalibur.

"Hello Harry," a soft voice spoke and every member of the magical side of Harry's life froze; Remus, Sirius and Harry all stopped themselves dead, the reaction of the Holy Knight of Thunder causing Excalibur to be removed from the ground, the gateway vanishing as quickly as it had been summoned.

"It…can't…be," whispered Sirius, now stepping up next to his godson.

"It's…not…possible," gasped Remus, now standing on Harry's other side.

"I…can't…believe it," Harry whispered, reaching out to the hood, pulling it down with ease, his shock turning into a look of tearful disbelief combined with happiness when he saw a strong white eye and an emerald eye staring back at him from beneath a head of red hair.

"Hello again…my little Sparky," smiled the new Knight, "Lily Potter, Holy Knight of Light: back with you and here to stay!"

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

3.8K 74 19
Her scar. His mark. 20 years post Hogwarts/Voldemort's demise. Hermione and Draco are thrown together on a business venture. What starts as a surpr...
86.5K 2.5K 19
By: sheltie Published with permission This takes place after the first task of the Tri-Wizard tournament. Everything else after it doesn't follow ca...
4K 95 19
This is a Harmony/Harmione story. It'll be all one book so that you don't need to go and look at my profile. Updates won't be too frequent, but I'll...
12.5K 102 5
Our humble tale begins with a man who chances upon a dubious deal with an ancient being of questionable moral standing. Eventually, flesh grasped win...