Broken (a Wesley Stromberg fa...

Galing kay AmiJBurns

A sequel to Breakable. How does the girl who didn't want a boyfriend get over her first love?? 5 months after... Higit pa

One
Two
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Epilogue Pt 1
Epilogue Pt 2

Three

3.6K 77 8
Galing kay AmiJBurns

Skye's POV

'Bzzzz, bzzzz', I can feel my phone vibrating again in my pocket as I finish my last exam for this quarter, for the year. It is probably mom, I think to myself, as I check to make sure I answered all of the questions. She has been texting non-stop the past few weeks in the lead up to her wedding, wanting to run every minor detail past me like it's my wedding or something. Paul had proposed at Thanksgiving and they were getting married at the end of summer. I was so happy for both of them, but the thought of the wedding gave me a sick feeling. Mom had invited Wesley, plus Drew and Keaton, before we had broken up and I just hoped he decided not to come. It would completely spoil my plan to stay away from him this summer, but at least I have 2 months to build up my Wesley defences if he does come. I slip quietly out of the classroom after turning in my exam and check my phone, 3 messages, two from mom and one from Lincoln. I sigh, already regretting asking him for help. I make my way back to my room to finish packing my stuff for the trip home, but once inside I just flop on the bed. I send mom a quick reply telling her I think that changing her colour scheme from yellow to orange now would be too much work then I re-read Linc's text. 'Hey baby. Can't wait for a long romantic summer with you. Love Linc', I know he is just trying to annoy me and it's kind of amusing but he is taking way too much pleasure in doing me a favour.

**********

"Skye" I hear my name being called from behind me, I spin around wondering who it is seeing as how I don't know anyone here at school yet. I spot Lincoln, Lucy's older brother jogging towards me across the quad. I had totally forgotten that he went here too, and I am grateful to see a familiar face, although I am slightly uncomfortable knowing the last time I saw him we made out. 'That was almost a year ago' my inner voice reminds me and I try to push the thought from my mind. As he approaches me I notice some of the girls in the quad watching him, he is athletic and good looking and has the same brown hair and green eyes combo that Lucy has. He stops in front of me and grins before pulling me into a big hug, much to the dismay of the female onlookers. "Hey Linc" I say when he releases me, a little embarrassed by the attention we are getting. "Lucy told me you got in here, that's awesome Skye" he says genuinely, "We can hang out" he adds. I am familiar with Lincoln's idea of hanging out, it basically means 'we can make out' and there's no way that is happening. "Yea, you can show me around" I start, "And I'll introduce you to my boyfriend next time he comes to visit" I finish trying not to be too obvious in pointing out I have a boyfriend but knowing I failed. He rolls his eyes and laughs, "Lucy mentioned you were seeing some kid from back home" he says mockingly. "What's his name? Ummmm, Lesley?" he continues, "Wesley" I snap at him, which makes him chuckle. "Alright, calm down girly" he says jokingly whilst taking a step closer to me. I freeze slightly, not wanting to offend him by stepping backwards but also feeling a bit uneasy with how close he is. "Wesley is a lucky guy" he continues in a much softer and more sincere voice, "But just know you have options". As he finishes his sentence he reaches his hands to brush stray strands of hair from my eyes. I panic, still frozen, knowing if Wesley saw this he would freak out and it'd be like the Ben incident all over again. Before I can think of the best way to react Lincoln's face changes and he back to his normal playful self, he gives me a quick wink, "Just saying" he tells me before excusing himself to go to class.

**********

"Ugh" I throw myself onto my stomach and bury my head in my pillow after remembering my first of many awkward Lincoln encounters this past year. I briefly, if I had handled this first situation differently maybe Lincoln wouldn't have continued his antics and me and Wesley wouldn't have gotten in that huge fight just after Thanksgiving. That was irrelevant now though, but still, Lincoln was probably a poor choice of person to help me with my Wesley issues. Yes Lincoln could be arrogant and he was definately a player, but he has always been sweet to me, although he had never really respected mine and Wesley's relationship, so I knew he'd say yes. 'Plus he is going to be in HB this summer and you got to school together so it's perfectly believable that you are dating" my inner voice tries to convince me. I expected he would try to milk it and use it against me but if it meant Wesley believing I had moved on and that's why we couldn't get back together then I could handle whatever annoying things Linc did. I needed Wesley to move on and focus on what he was made to do, as much as it sucked for me, it was the best thing for everyone. 'What if Wesley has a new girlfriend?' my inner voice pipes up unwelcomed, the idea makes me want to cry, and punch this new girlfriend. I have no way of knowing for sure if he has moved on but the last time I spoke to Taylor, she said Drew made a point of telling her Wesley hadn't hooked up with any girls since Spring Break. My lips form a smile without my consent at the memory of Spring Break and the night after I had seen Wesley on the beach, seen him for the first time since the break up.

**********

'Knock, knock', I have no idea who could be knocking on the door, I look around at my depressing surroundings. I have already had my pizza delivered, I know Taylor and Lucy aren't going to be home from UCSD until tomorrow and mom and Paul are in Santa Barbara for a few days hunting down centrepieces for the wedding. I reluctantly leave my pizza and comfy spot on the couch and trudge to the door, slightly wishing I hadn't changed into my PJ's at earlier seeing as how it was only 7pm now. Annoyed, I fling open the door and am face to face with Wesley, I inhale a sharp breath, this was not what I expected and once again regret that I am wearing a singlet and flannelette pj pants. I don't say anything, I just take him in, I didn't get a chance to at the beach earlier and I have missed his warm eyes, gorgeous face, scultped arms. I snap my eyes back to his, knowing I can't get distracted, I almost lost my willpower at the beach today. 'Who are you kidding, you completely lost your willpower at the beach' my inner voice scolds me. "Can I come in?" Wesley asks me and everything in me wants to scream YES but I shake my head. "I don't think that is a good idea" I tell him truthfully and I am completely stunned when he reaches for me, pulling me into his arms and kissing me. His tongue is in my mouth, his hands are under my pj top on my bare back and he is pushing me inside, I hear the door slam shut. He pins to me the wall and I am pressing myself into him, before I can even fully realise what is happening.

"We. Shouldn't. Be. Doing. This" I can only get out a word at a time against his mouth, as his hands pull at my lower back showing me how much he's missed me. He stops suddenly and I am disappointed but relieved knowing there is no way I could have stopped it and I was supposed to be the one wanting to be broken up. "Why?" he questions me looking me directly in the eyes, and I just can't think of anything to say. 'Because you can't have any distractions right now and there is no way I am getting in the way of your dream' my inner voice urges me to say but I know he'll try to talk me out of it, and probably succeed. The silence stretches a few seconds longer, "That's what I thought" Wesley adds cheekily, taking my lack of response as a sign to continue. He presses his lips to mine once more, but a lot softer this time, and moves his hands up to hold my face, ensuring I can't pull away. I place my hands on his arms, feeling the soft cotton under my palms, and grip him, not wanting him to stop kissing me. My action has the opposite effect, he pulls away to look me in the eye, "Tell me you don't miss me?" he almost dares me. I sigh, he knows I miss him, I told him earlier on the beach in a moment of weakness, "I do miss you Wesley" I admit again. "So tell me why we shouldn't do this then" he insists, and he lowers his head to kiss my neck. I am angered when head automatically tilts to give him better access to my neck, and he trails kisses down my neck and along the top of my right shoulder. "Because we broke up" I say breathlessly knowing I don't sound at all convincing that I want him to stop.

He moves to the left side of my neck and repeats the process, "And why did you break up with me?" he mumbles into my skin, his warm breath giving me goosebumps. I am confused, I can't think straight and I can't come up with a good reason why I broke up with him and I can't tell him the truth. "Ummm, because....", I trail off, I am completely caught up in the feeling of his mouth on my skin. In one fast motion he grabs the collar of his tshirt and rips it off over his head, pressing his warm bare chest into me and flattening me against the wall. "Because..." he mimics me, encouraging me to finish my sentence before moving his hands to the hem of my singlet. Instinct kicks in and I raise my arms allowing his to pull it off over my head. "Because....I wanted to break up" I whisper an vague and unconvincing lie. He leans down to kiss me again, his hands grabbing a handful of each side of the waistband of my pj pants, reminding me of my actions with his towel in the hotel in LA the first time we slept together. He pauses, his lips hovering over mine, "And why did you want to break up?" he asks, I can feel his breath on my lips and I try to lean forward to kiss him. He pulls away again so our lips are barely touching, he wants me to answer but I just want to kiss him, it is clear my willpower is all gone so there is no point trying to fight it. I put my hands back on his arms and run them up his warm skin to rest on his shoulders, "I just don't want to be with you anymore" I utter reluctantly. I am surprised to feel him smile against my lips, "Doesn't seem that way to me" he purrs before finally kissing me again, deeply, as I move my hands to his neck. I want this to happen but we can't get back together, my reason for wanting to break up still stands, "This doesn't mean anything Wesley. We are still broken up" I insist, pulling back from him to look into his eyes. "Ok" he says sarcastically,  his lips moving to my neck and placing kisses along my collarbone. "No really, Wesley" I protest weakly before being completely over taken by the moment.

**********

'Bzzzz, bzzzzz' my phone vibrating pulls me out of my day dream and I know immediately that I have to be stronger this time. Spring Break caused so much fresh hurt for both me and Wesley and I for one couldn't go through it again. I bring my phone up and hold it above my head so I can read my text, it's from Lincoln again. 'Hey baby. Do you want to go to dinner tonight to celebrate you finishing all your exams? xx", I laugh and send him a text saying yes. Maybe this summer won't be so bad, I think to myself, Linc has been a good friend to me this past few months, if you ignore his sexual innuendo's and obvious flirtations. Plus, I only need to pretend to be dating Lincoln if Wesley is home for the summer and at this stage Taylor hasn't been able to get Drew to confirm either way. I hop off my bed and get changed for dinner with Lincoln, making a mental note to remind him to stop calling me baby. I know he is just playing the part but it's weird, he doesn't have to pretend now and hopefully he won't have to at all. Although I know that is not true, chances are he will need to be my date to the wedding, assuming Wesley goes, and that will be awkward. I shake my head, clearing it of any thoughts of seeing Wesley, I just need to chill out, I'm sure he has better things to do than hang out in Huntington Beach this summer. And he's probably moved on, the idea makes my stomach drop, and won't even want to see me if he does come home. 

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

407K 22.7K 84
*sequel to Lover* "𝖢𝗁𝗒 𝖺𝗋𝖾𝗇'𝗍 π—’π—ˆπ—Ž π–½π—ˆπ—‚π—‡π—€ 𝖺𝗇𝗒𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀?" π–¦π–Ύπ—ˆπ—‹π—€π–Ύ π—Œπ—‚π—€π—π–Ύπ–½ 𝖺𝗍 𝗆𝗒 π—Šπ—Žπ–Ύπ—Œπ—π—‚π—ˆπ—‡ 𝖺𝗇𝖽 π—…π—ˆπ—ˆπ—„π–Ύπ–½ οΏ½...
179K 4.1K 32
// Wesley Stromberg // " ... stop trying to fight me, just let go and kiss me ... "
25.1K 649 25
Book one in the Keaton Stromberg series {1/3} When Morgan moves to Cali her life feels perfect! But when she runs into her favorite singer her life...
106K 2.5K 32
This story goes back in time to 2 years ago, the year Alice first moved to Huntington Beach and met the boys of Emblem3. It is a crazy year filled wi...