watching the force awakens

By hercega

when the Jedi Council receives a mysterious holodisk that claims to show the future, they watch it to seek an... More

attack on jakku
rey
rey
unexpected rescue
finn and rey meet
Flight of the Falcon
Rebellion War Heroes!
snoke
Maz Kanata and the Jedi
The Force Awakens in Rey
The Last Day of the Republic
Battle of Takodana
Leia Old Friends
Rey's Interrogation
Plan of Attack
Disabling Starkiller Base
Attack on Starkiller Base
Solo's End
Kylo Ren vs. Rey
Luke Skywalker

Rathtar's and Gangs

1.2K 29 0
By hercega

Suddenly: a distant, METALLIC KA-CHUNK!

HAN: (CONT'D) Don't tell me a Rathtar's gotten LOOSE

The few Jedi in the room who knew what a Rathtar was blinked in surprise.

"Wait.. did he just say Rathtar?! You heard that right?" Anakin asked in bewilderment.

Master Fisto nods. "Apparently he did Skywalker."

Han hurries out - they all follow, (Chewie, Rey, Finn, then BB-8), Finn with WILD CONCERN:

FINN: Wait - a what?! Did you just say Rathtars? Hey!

INT. CARGO SHIP - HANGAR - DAY

The Falcon is parked in this giant freighter's hangar. Han moves to a CONTROL PANEL, they all follow him.

FINN: You're not hauling Rathtars on this freighter, are you?

HAN: I'm hauling Rathtars.

"This guy is crazy." Anakin said, a few Masters nodding in agreement.

Obi-Wan shook his head. "Some people are so ridiculous sometimes..."

Ahsoka looks at the screen and Anakin in confusion. What was a Rathtar?

On the CONTROL PANEL: IMAGES ON SCREENS FROM ALL AROUND THE SHIP. Including the EXTERIOR, where a TRANSPORT SHIP is LANDING ON THE FREIGHTER. Han is fearful.

HAN: (CONT'D) Oh great. It's the Guavian Death Gang - they must've tracked us from Nantoon.

"Oh great. More criminals." Anakin mutters, crossing his arms.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd rather interact with Hondo then deal with this guy." Ahsoka says in amusment. Obi-Wan nods. "I concur Ahsoka."

Han heads off as:

REY: What's a Rathtar?

INT. CARGO SHIP - CARGO CONTAINER CORRIDOR - DAY

Han leads our group down a LONG NARROW HALL lined with cargo containers.

HAN: They're big and dangerous...

FINN: Y'ever heard of the Trillia Massacre?!

REY: No.

FINN: Good.

"Master? What is the Trillia Massacre?" Ahsoka asks. Anakin goes a little pale, remembering his reaction to reading that story.

"You don't want to know Ahsoka," he replies.

Ahsoka is surprised at the seriousness in his voice but shrugs it off. There were more important things to think about.

They turn a corner:

HAN: I got three of 'em going to King Prana.

FINN: THREE?! How'd you get them on board?

HAN: I used to have a bigger crew.

"Well that's comforting," Master Fisto remarks.

Chewie GROAN-TALKS, concurring. CUT TO: LOOKING UP AS A HATCH OPENS IN THE FLOOR. HAN AND CO. ARE THERE.

HAN: Get below deck and stay there until I say so - don't even think about taking the Falcon.

REY: What about BB-8?

HAN: He stays with me - until I get rid of the gang, then you can have him back and be on your way.

FINN: What about the Rathtars... where are you keeping them?

A TERRIFYING BAM: a GROTESQUE RATHTAR GIANT TONGUE SLAMS into the CARGO CONTAINER window behind Finn, whose heart stops.

Ahsoka jumps in surprise and disgust, the other Jedi in the room sharing similar reactions at the sight of the beasts tongue on that window.

HAN: There's one.

REY: What are you gonna do?

HAN: Same thing I always do: talk my way out of it.

(CHEWIE MOAN-TALKS)

Ahsoka laughs, understanding what Chewbacca was saying.

"What'd he say Snips?" Anakin asks.

"He said that he can't talk his way out of it to save his life." Ahsoka grins in amusement, Anakin shaking his head in exasperation. Yoda chuckles in amusement.

HAN: Yes, I do. Every time.

INT. CARGO SHIP - NARROW CORRIDOR - DAY

A PORTAL opens. The GUAVIAN DEATH GANG enters. One man in a SUIT (BALA-TIK), and five SECURITY SOLDIERS in badass UNIFORMS with ROUND-FACE HELMETS. They turn into and stop at one end of the corridor. Han, Chewie and BB-8 forty feet away in the middle of the long hall.

BALA-TIK: Han Solo. You are a dead man.

"Someone isn't happy." Obi-Wan says with a raised eyebrow.

Han smiles innocently, friendly. BB-8 nervously looks back and forth at the gang, and Han.

HAN: Bala-Tik. What's the problem?

BALA-TIK: The problem is we loaned you fifty thousand for this job.

Anakin whistles. That's a lot of money.

INTERCUT WITH: INT. CARGO SHIP - BELOW FLOOR GRATING - DAY

They look up, trying to get a view.

REY: Can you see them?

FINN: No.

They start crawling down the crawl space.

BALA-TIK: I heard you also borrowed fifty thousand from Kanjiklub.

HAN: You know you can't trust those little freaks! How long've we known each other?

"Stalling. An effective method in some cases." Master Mundi says.

"This could be interesting." Obi-Wan says, a slight upturn on his lips from amusement.

Rey and Finn arrive under the gang. They WHISPER:

REY: They have blasters...

FINN: A lot of 'em.

We RISE THROUGH THE FLOOR to see the GANG and Han and company in the distance.

BALA-TIK: The question is how much longer will we know each other? Not long. We want our money back now.

"Well not in this case. That guy is out for blood." Anakin says.

"I think he could work this is with the right arrangements," Obi-Wan tells Anakin with a frown.

Anakin scoffs. "Yeah well Han isn't the "Great Negotiator" so it's not going to work."

"Oh do hush Anakin you never know what could happen." Obi-Wan responds. Ahsoka rolls her eyes at the banter between the two.

HAN: Ya think hunting Rathtar's is cheap? I spent that money.

BALA-TIK: Kanjiklub wants their investment back, too.

HAN: I never made a deal with Kanjiklub!

BALA-TIK: Tell that to Kanjiklub.

The SOUND of a PORTAL OPENING. Han's face GOES WHITE as he turns to the OTHER END OF THE CORRIDOR, where KANJIKLUB MEMBERS APPEAR. A GANG in a MEDIEVAL BANDITO style. Han smiles uncomfortably at the Kanjiklub members. Its LEADER, TASU LEECH, out front. Han tries to play it off:

"Yeah, he's definitely toast!" Anakin says in amusement. He kind of likes Han Solo, he's funny. Obi-Wan sighs in defeat.

"Very well Anakin. I admit this doesn't look too good," he admits. Anakin smiles victoriously.

HAN: Tasu Leech. Good to see you.

Tasu speaks an alien language, we SUBTITLE: TASU LEECH Wrong again, Solo. It's over for you.

Tasu COCKS HIS WEAPON, there for blood. BB-8 is nervous. Finn and Rey react to the sounds of the new gang - start CRAWLING BACK the other way to see them.

I do hope they manage to escape with the droid intact." Master Tiin says worriedly.

HAN: Boys. You're both gonna get what I promised! Have I ever not delivered for you before?

BALA-TIK: Yeah.

TASU LEECH: Twice!

Han spins around in fearful surprise, counting the shipments with his hand, while Chewie nods in embarrassment.

Anakin laughs. "Once again, he's dead! So dead!"

Ahsoka snickers at the reaction Chewbacca gives. How she enjoyed the company of that wookie.

Mace frowns. "How can you laugh at a moment like this?"

HAN: What was the second time?

BALA-TIK: Your game is old. There's no one in the galaxy left for you to swindle.

TASU LEECH: Nowhere left for you to hide.

BALA-TIK: That BB unit... the First Order is looking for one just like it. And two fugitives.

Everyone holds their breath. Anakin stops laughing now, realizing that the situation just got a whole lot worse.

"That's not good..." he mutters.

"They must have put a bounty on the three of them, which paints them as a target to the rest of the galaxy." Plo Koon surmises gravely.

Finn and Rey SUDDENLY STOP CRAWLING, tense. BB-8 hides behind Han's leg. PUSH IN ON Han as he realizes: Finn and Rey are in real trouble.

HAN: First I've heard of it.

Below the grating, Finn and Rey look at each other, afraid. Above, another Kanjiklubber says (SUBTITLED):

RAZOO QIN-FEE: Search the freighter.

Let's hope they can pull off another daring escape," Obi-Wan says.

One of the Kanjiklubbers begins moving down the corridor, AIMING A FLASHLIGHT DOWN BELOW, searching for: FINN AND REY, in a QUIET PANIC BELOW: THEY START CRAWLING FAST in the opposite direction they came. Rey crawls off fast, Finn follows. They quickly arrive at a JUNCTION BOX AREA, Rey looking at the controls.

REY: Wait wait wait wait. If we close the blast doors in that corridor, we can trap both gangs!

FINN: Close the blast doors from here?

REY: Resetting the fuses should do it.

"That's a good idea. They just have to make sure the set the correct fuses." Anakin says, nodding in agreement with the plan.

"Hopefully they reset the correct fuses..." Ahsoka mutters.

Rey begins RESETTING the FUSES, SPARKS shooting from them as they do. Finn quickly joins in. Rey and Finn FINISH resetting the fuses boxes. Rey smiles optimistically. Finn looks hopeful too.

DOWN AN EMPTY ROW OF LARGE CONTAINERS, which OPEN - and a GIANT RATHTAR - an ENORMOUS, FIERCE AND RAVENOUS LAND OCTOPUS - SLITHERS OUT OF ITS CAGE!

Anakin and Obi-Wan shake their heads in disappointment. The fools!

"Well, the plan failed." Master Koon said.

"I'd rather face down a full hallway of men pointing blasters at me, then face down three angry Rathtars." Master Fisto says, shivering at the thought of it.

Ahsoka pales a little bit. "Those don't look very nice..."

BACK UP TOP as BANKS OF LIGHTS BEGIN GOING OFF, ONE BY ONE. The GANGS look around. Han's eyes go wide - he gets it - and it's bad. QUIETLY:

HAN: ... I got a bad feeling about this...

"Hey, how many times have we said that?" Anakin wondered.

"too many, I'm afraid." Obi-Wan replies.

Suddenly all the LIGHTS COME ON AGAIN - even down below, where Rey realizes it hasn't gone as planned.

REY: Oh no.

FINN: Oh no, what?

REY: (PALE) Wrong fuses.

"You think?" Anakin says in irritation and worry.

IN ANOTHER CORRIDOR, BACK WITH THE GANGS:

BALA-TIK: Kill them! And take the droid!

The gangs AIM THEIR WEAPONS JUST AS A RATHTAR APPEARS BEHIND THE GUAVIAN DEATH GANG, GRABBING TWO MEMBERS! THE OTHERS SCREAM AND RUN! The gang FIRES BACK - BLASTS FLY!

Ahsoka was surprised and shocked. Those things were hideous! Even the predators back home on Shili weren't as grotesque as those monsters!

"Oh... so much worse!" Anakin groans.

A few Jedi shiver at the sight of those violent creatures on screen.

Han and Chewie react, flinching - then turn to Kanjiklub as a RATHTAR APPEARS BEHIND THEM, ROARING DEAFENINGLY! The Gang turns - others run, FIRE AT IT.

"Why do people never run?" Ahsoka asks.

INT. CARGO SHIP CORRIDOR A - DAY

Han, Chewie and BB-8 race down the hall - A MEMBER OF THE KANJIKLUB GANG comes around the corner. Han PUNCHES him with one blow, throws him toward the Rathtar. They keep running as the Rathtar chews on the gang member.

Lots of the Jedi flinch at the sight of the man being eaten alive by the Rathtar. Being in war, they've seen horrifying things in life: limbs lost, scars from explosions, heck, they've witnessed zombie Geonosians!

"I'd rather take on those undead bugs on Geonosis than face that!" Obi-Wan exclaims. Anakin nods quickly in agreement.

INT. CARGO SHIP - BELOW FLOOR GRATING - DAY

Rey and Finn hurriedly crawl through the space below decks.

FINN: This was a mistake!

REY: Huge!

INT. CARGO SHIP CORRIDOR A - DAY

Two Guavian Death Gang members run through the ship - passing Tasu Leech, who sees another Kanjiklub member down the corridor - who gets GRABBED BY A TENTACLE! Tasu tries to help him, but he gets PULLED UP AND AWAY! Tasu hears a distant terror-scream of a Rathtar, and runs the other way.

Anakin tries to cover Ahsoka's eyes, but she slaps his hand away with a glare.

Other Kanjiklub members YELL at him to avoid that direction - they all turn a corner - a RATHTAR IS THERE AND GRABS THE TWO OTHERS! Tasu FIRES at the beast and RUNS OFF - and we land on a FLOOR HATCH, which opens. Rey and Finn climb out, quickly. They turn a corridor -

REY: What do they look like?

Another corner - and GANG MEMBERS ARE BATTLING A HORRIBLE RATHTAR!

"There's one." Anakin says dumbly.

Rey COVERS HER MOUTH.

FINN: They look like that.

Finn yanks her away. They race around another corner - a RATHTAR IS THERE!

FINN: (CONT'D) This way!

REY: Are you sure?

They scream and run off - but Finn is GRABBED, PULLED AWAY FAST!

Some of the Jedi in the room gasp in surprise. Even Mace lets off a small flinch, though it is barely noticeable.

"Oh come on, Finn can't die! That's a horrible way to go!" Anakin exclaims.

"Even those eels were preferable." Master Fisto says. Anakin stares at him in bewilderment, causing Kit to shrug in response.

REY: (CONT'D) FINN!

But the Rathtar's fast and TURNS A CORNER, losing Rey -

FINN: REY!

INT. CARGO SHIP CORRIDOR E - DAY

TIGHT ON FINN as he's being yanked down the hall, SCREAMING as he struggles to get loose! Rey turns the corner - Finn is gone - nowhere to be seen.

REY: FINN!

Without Finn, she is instantly distraught - then she realizes: SHE'S JUST PASSED A CONTROL PANEL! Her eyes light up as she moves to it: a BANK OF VIDEO MONITORS OF THE SHIP - and there's Finn, being dragged by a Rathtar toward an OPEN BLAST DOOR.

"Come on, close the door..." Anakin mutters.<

Rey's hand on the button, she waits... then SLAMS THE BUTTON!

INT. CARGO SHIP CORRIDOR B - DAY

The BLAST DOOR INSTANTLY CLOSES ON ONE OF THE RATHTAR'S TENTACLES! It SCREAMS IN PAIN, ITS SEVERED TENTACLE STILL WRAPPED AROUND FINN'S LEG! Finn scrambles up, desperately shaking the sticky tentacle off his leg! Rey arrives, runs to Finn, beaming to see him alive - he is adrenaline-rushed, in shock:

A few Jedi smile in relief. They actually liked Finn overall as a person. It was good to see that he would survive that event.

"Thank the Force." Obi-Wan says. Yoda nods.

REY: Finn!

FINN: It had me! But the door-!

REY: That was lucky!<

"If that were you Master, I would have demanded a thank you." Anakin said, returning to his amused self after the initial shock of the Rathtars had passed. Obi-Wan rolls his eyes in exasperation.

"They are still in the middle of a life-threatening moment you know." Obi-Wan replied.

ANOTHER CORRIDOR - Finn and Rey run towards the Falcon.

INT. CARGO SHIP CORRIDOR D - DAY

Han, Chewie and BB-8 take cover, Han exchanging BLASTER FIRE with GANG MEMBERS AT THE OTHER END OF THE HALL.

HAN: I got the door. Cover us!

Chewie GROAN-AGREES. Chewie FIRES DOWN THE HALL as Han CROSSES THE CORRIDOR, BB-8 following nervously. As Chewie exchanges blaster fire, Han works the controls.

"Wonder how long it'll take that old man to open up the doors." Anakin says.

THE HATCH OPENS (FALCON in the distance) - just as CHEWIE IS HIT IN THE SHOULDER BY ENEMY FIRE! He goes down with a LOUD GROAN!

Ahsoka gasps in worry. She liked Chewie very much as a friend! She hated the idea of him getting hurt!

HAN: Chewie! You okay?

Han GRABS CHEWIE'S BOWCASTER, FIRES at the Gang member, who goes back flying!

HAN: (CONT'D) (looks at bowcaster) Wow. Come on! Come on!

Ahsoka smiles in relief. Meanwhile Anakin was gaping at the power behind Chewbacca's bowcaster.

"Wow! That bowcaster does some damage!" he exclaims.

"Take pride in their weapons, the Wookie do." Yoda tells him.

"So uncivilized..." Obi-Wan says with a shake of his head.

INT. CARGO SHIP HANGAR - DAY

Run with Finn and Rey as they turn into the hangar, toward the Falcon. Han helps WOUNDED CHEWIE up the ramp, sees them.

REY: Han!

Finn and Rey race past BB-8 - as they go up the ramp, Han says to Rey:

HAN: You, close the door behind us! (TO FINN) You take care of Chewie!

Han and Rey race up the ramp as Finn heads up with Chewie, who SCREAMS WILDLY IN PAIN!

"What do those gang members use in their blasters?" Ahsoka asks with worry. She knew Chewbacca as someone strong who could handle a lot of pain. Granted he wasn't shot by a blaster when she was with him, but still.

INT. MILLENNIUM FALCON - COCKPIT - DAY<

Han stands at the navicomputer, hitting switches. Rey enters fast, moves past him to Chewie's seat.

HAN: Hey, where are you going?

REY: Unkar Plutt installed a fuel pump too - if we don't prime that we're not going anywhere.

Anakin shakes his head in annoyance. "What kind of guy does that? This Unkar Plutt doesn't know how to do anything right with a ship!" he exclaims.

HAN: I hate that guy.

Han sits as, Rey hitting buttons:

REY: And you could use a co-pilot.

HAN: I got one, he's back there.

IN THE LOUNGE, CHEWIE IS IN PAIN -

Anakin shakes his head. "Yeah he isn't going anywhere."

Ahsoka frowns at him. "Don't say that about Chewie! He's a great guy!"

Anakin raises his hands in surrender. "I was't bad-mouthing him! I swear!"

INT. MILLENNIUM FALCON - COCKPIT - DAY

Han and Rey in the seats:

HAN: Watch the thrust, we're goin' out of here at lightspeed -

Anakin suddenly coughs in surprise. "Wait, what!?"

A few of the other Jedi are shocked as well.

"Did he just say they were escaping the hanger... through lightspeed?" Master Koon asks in bewilderment.

"This guy is insane!" Obi-Wan exclaims.

REY: (SHOCKED) From inside the hangar? Is that even possible?

HAN: I never ask that question until after I've done it.

"It's a wonder he's still alive." Ahsoka remarks.

A RATHTAR JUMPS ONTO THE WINDSHIELD - REY SCREAMS! Its GIANT MOUTH CHEWING AT THE GLASS! Han works the controls:

A few Jedi shiver in disgust again.

HAN: (CONT'D) This is not how I thought this day was gonna go - angle the shields - Hang on back there!

IN THE LOUNGE, Chewie is in pain - Finn going through a first aid kit - the ship is HIT again -

FINN (HUGE PROBLEM) No problem!

"Wait a minute, did he just pull out a training remote?!" Ahsoka asks in surprise.

"Why would a training remote be on that bucket of bolts?" Obi-Wan asks in confusion.

Yoda frowns. "Know's Skywalker, Solo does. Perhaps journeyed together on the Falcon while training, he did." he theorizes.

INT. CARGO SHIP - HANGAR - DAY

Three GANG MEMBERS race out here and FIRE AT THE FALCON - hitting FUEL LINES, BLASTING THE SHIP HARD! The ship is hit.

"They better get out of there before those blasts cripple the engines." Anakin says worriedly.

INT. MILLENNIUM FALCON - COCKPIT - DAY

HAN: Come on baby, don't let me down!

He hits a switch - but NOTHING.

HAN: (CONT'D) What?!

But Rey reaches over, hits a switch, matter-of-factly.

REY: Compressor.

"Honestly, what was going on through that junker's mind when he modified this piece of junk?" Anakin says in irritation.

Han doesn't like it but she's right - he hits the switch again and the HYPERDRIVE FIRES! The hangar is FILLED WITH LIGHTSPEED BLAST as the ATTACKING GANG MEMBERS ARE BLASTED BACK LIKE DRY LEAVES. In the cockpit the RATHTAR RIPS AWAY as THE STARS STRETCH LIKE ELASTIC and we CUT TO:

EXT. CARGO SHIP - DAY

Camera ROTATES as the Falcon DISAPPEARS IN A STREAK, leaving the cargo ship behind.

They all sit there in pleasantly surprised silence. "I'm surprised that even worked." Anakin says.

Mace nods, a rare smile on his face. "Hopefully they'll be able to get to the Resistance and locate Skywalker." Mace says anxiously.

INT. CARGO SHIP - DAY

PUSH IN on a HANGAR DOOR where Bala-Tik arrives at the window, SEETHING. Makes a CALL:

BALA-TIK: Inform the First Order that Han Solo has the droid they want. And it's aboard the Millennium Falcon.

A few of the Jedi scowl at the gang member.

"There's always someone looking to make a profit." Anakin mutters in annoyance.

The Jedi continue the film, hoping that the First Order doesn't capture them before Han, Rey, Finn, and Chewie get BB-8 back to the Resistance base..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 99 26
A New Era Begins... In this World... Not Far Away... In the morning, the whole world was busy with many many situations like jobs. This story starts...
138K 1.2K 13
The Jedi Council, Captain Rex, and others get mysterious boxes that hold the information of a world beyond their own galaxy called Earth. What will t...
388K 15.4K 152
COMPLETED ♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟ " A strange path, you have decided to follow." It had all started because o...
79.8K 1.1K 18
after finishing the first holodisk the jedi Council continued to watch there future to see what else lie awakes note i could have not made this story...