watching the force awakens

By hercega

when the Jedi Council receives a mysterious holodisk that claims to show the future, they watch it to seek an... More

attack on jakku
rey
rey
unexpected rescue
finn and rey meet
Rebellion War Heroes!
Rathtar's and Gangs
snoke
Maz Kanata and the Jedi
The Force Awakens in Rey
The Last Day of the Republic
Battle of Takodana
Leia Old Friends
Rey's Interrogation
Plan of Attack
Disabling Starkiller Base
Attack on Starkiller Base
Solo's End
Kylo Ren vs. Rey
Luke Skywalker

Flight of the Falcon

1.1K 25 1
By hercega

Just then BB-8 BEEPS MADLY at something he sees.

REY: What is it?

Rey moves to him, peeks around a tent corner. Now Finn moves to see: at a distance, TWO STORMTROOPERS TALKING TO UNKAR'S THUGS - who POINT THEIR WAY!

>"Oh no not again," Anakin exclaims.

"How did they locate them so fast?" Ahsoka says in surprise.

"IF they capture the droid then the Jedi may be lost forever," Master Mundi says in concern. Mace frowns and shakes his head. "And our only hope is in a scavenger and a defected trooper." You could almost hear the frustration and sarcasm in his voice. Yoda frowns at Mace's words.

Finn urgently grabs her hand and heads for the tents:

REY: What are you doing?!<

FINN: Come on!

Suddenly LASER BLASTS RIP PAST THEM, HIT THE CLEANING UNIT, SPEWING STEAM! Rey SCREAMS - MORE BLASTS as they run!

"Well they certainly don't care about civilian casualties." Obi-Wan remarks.

"I'd be surprised if they did." Master Mundi says.

Yoda chuckles. "Bad shots they are."

This cause a few masters to grin upon seeing how right Yoda is.

EXT. NIIMA OUTPOST - DAY

Finn and Rey holding hands, the three race, ZIGZAGGING through a maze of tents:

FINN: Come on, BB-8!

REY: Let go of me!

FINN: No, we gotta move!

REY: I know how to run without you holding my hand! BB-8 stay close! This way!

"These two certainly bicker a lot already." Master Koon says.

"I wonder who that reminds me of.." Ahsoka says, looking at Anakin and Obi-Wan. They both notice her stare and frown.

"What?" Anakin demands. Ahsoka merely smiles as Yoda chuckles.

Now Finn and BB-8 follow Rey - ANOTHER BLAST just missing them! They disappear through a tent. TRACK FAST WITH STORMTROOPERS, through the tent maze. They come out of a tent, HAVING MOMENTARILY LOST THEIR TARGET.

STORMTROOPER: Call in the air strike!

"Well that doesn't sound good." Master Fisto says in concern.

"Once again: OVERKILL!" Anakin exclaims.

REY, FINN AND BB-8 duck into another tent:

INT. NIIMA OUTPOST - TENT - DAY

Rey, Finn and BB-8 move through RUSTY WARES and take cover. Quiet, urgent:

REY: They're shooting at both of us!

FINN:Yeah, they saw you with me! You're marked!

REY:Well, thanks for that!

FINN: I'm not the one who chased you down with a stick! Does anyone have blasters around here?!

"Truer words could never be spoken." Anakin says. Ahsoka looks at him. "Just so you know Master, I'm going to side with the girl on screen."

Anakin grins back at her. "Then I'll side with Finn snips."

Obi-Wan shakes his head. There they go again.

REY (TO BB-8): Are you okay?

Finn QUIETS HER WITH A GESTURE, HEARING SOMETHING. PUSH IN ON FINN - whatever he hears alarms him greatly - he GRABS HER HAND AGAIN - PULLS HER AWAY

"Were those the TIE Fighters from before?" Anakin says, listening to the sound. "They brought TIE Fighters? That's absurd! Just for a droid and two unarmed people!"

"Well at least they never take unnecessary chances." Obi-Wan points out. "Better to have more than you need, then to not have enough to capture someone, lest they get away."

REY (CONT'D): Stop taking my hand!

EXT. NIIMA OUTPOST - TENT - DAY

Finn pulls Rey from the tent - BB-8 FOLLOWS - As they race from the tent a TIE FIGHTER SCREAMS INTO VIEW FROM BEHIND THE TENTS! A SECOND FOLLOWS CLOSE BEHIND. IT FIRES AT THEM - A MASSIVE BLAST SENDS REY AND FINN FLYING - BB-8 ROLLING!

"Man those guns are powerful." Anakin observes. Master Koon nods. "indeed Skywalker."

WIDE SHOT: TWO TIE FIGHTERS SCREAM OVER the town, the EXPLOSION throws sand and debris fifty feet into the air. Rey is thrown HARD to the ground - she is rattled, truly afraid. Then she turns: FINN lies nearby, unconscious. Suddenly afraid, she scrambles to him, rolls him over. BB-8 ROLLS OVER, BEEPING in concern.

The Jedi watch the screen, worried for Finn's health. They may only know him through a screen, but he seems like a guy who only wants to do the right thing, which they respect.

REY: Hey!

As Finn comes to, he sees her. Through his fog:

FINN: Are you okay?

Ahsoka rolls her eyes. "And he's the one asking her that after getting blown up."

Anakin shrugs. "Well he seems pretty committed."

And that very question touches her - having never in her life been asked it.

REY: Yeah. (extends her hand) Follow me.

Grateful, Finn takes it. They're off. LOCALS run amok as TIE fighters DIVE BOMB. REY, Finn and BB- 8 SPRINT, BLASTER EXPLOSIONS GET CLOSER AND CLOSER!

"The only way they're escaping those fighters is with a ship." Master Ti says worriedly.

"Doesn't look like there are many choices at all in that junk hole." Anakin says with distaste.

EXT. NIIMA OUTPOST - SPACEPORT - DAY

Rey, STAFF strapped to her back, leads the way as she, Finn and BB-8 race into the spaceport. Finn glances back: TWO TIE FIGHTERS BANK their return. They YELL:

FINN: We can't outrun them!

Rey POINTS to a parked, four-engine SHIP ahead:

REY: We might in that quad-jumper!

"That one seems pretty nice." Obi-Wan points out. Anakin nods in agreement.

FINN: We need a pilot!

REY: We've got one!

FINN: You?! (then, indicates one OFF-CAMERA) What about that ship?

REY: That one's garbage!

They run for the JUMPER but the passing TIE FIGHTERS FIRE AT IT, BLOWING IT APART IN A HUGE FLAME BALL! Rey, coming to a quick stop, RIGHT UP TO CAMERA:

"Well, so much for that idea!" Anakin says.

REY (CONT'D): The garbage'll do!

She turns and runs back - Finn and BB-8 follow as they all run toward the piece of junk - and we see it for the first time: THE MILLENNIUM FALCON!

"What a piece of junk!" Anakin exclaims. (like father like son)

"You fly a bucket of bolts that you named the Twilight Anakin." Obi-Wan points out.

"The Twilight is in better condition then that ship Master." Ahsoka tells him.

"That certainly is true Little 'Soka." Plo Koon observes.

TIE fighters BANK AROUND AGAIN. Finn, Rey and BB-8 run up the ramp of the semi-tarped Falcon.

INT. MILLENNIUM FALCON - DAY

Finn, Rey and BB-8 enter the ship - she hits a control and the door DESCENDS CLOSED as she races to the cockpit:

REY: Gunner position's down there!

"What kind of freighter would have guns?" Ahsoka wonders.

"Probably used to be a smugglers ship. They always modify their ships." Anakin says, remembering his encounters with various smugglers working for Jabba.

FINN (CLIMBS DOWN): Y'ever fly this thing?

INT. MILLENNIUM FALCON - COCKPIT - DAY

Rey tosses her staff aside, jumps into the pilot's seat, frantically flips switches. BB-8 rolls in behind her as the ENGINES WHINE to life:

REY: No! This ship hasn't been flown in years!

"Well that's comforting." Master Mundi says.

INT. MILLENNIUM FALCON - GUNNER POSITION - DAY

Finn buckles into the gunner seat - to his shock the SEAT WHIPS TO THE LEFT, startling him - he grabs the controls to steady himself.

FINN: Great. (reacts to seat) Whoa! I can do this, I can do this-

"How are you supposed to even steady that thing?" Master Koon asks.

Anakin shrugs. "I'm surprised it isn't jammed from lack of use and oil changes."

INT. MILLENNIUM FALCON - COCKPIT - DAY

Rey buckles herself up. Doesn't believe her quick words:

REY: I can do this, I can do this-

Rey pulls the yoke: THE FALCON ENGINES LIGHT UP BRIGHT!<

EXT. NIIMA OUTPOST - SPACEPORT - DAY

The FALCON RISES, WILDLY - ITS TARPS FLY OFF - THE SHIP SPINS AND TILTS, SLAMS INTO AND CRUMBLES THE TOWN'S ARCHWAY! From the tents, Unkar Plutt runs out, SCREAMS:

UNKAR: HEY! THAT'S MIIIIIIINE!

Anakin scoffs. "I highly doubt that he didn't steal it.

The Falcon BLASTS AWAY, two TIE FIGHTERS chase it, fast!

INT. MILLENNIUM FALCON - DAY

Rey pilots, headed for the sky! Finn SWINGS into frame, trying to work the GUNS.

FINN: Whoa! Hey! Oh! Stay low! Stay low!

REY: WHAT?

FINN: Stay low! It confuses their tracking!

Anakin nods. "That's a smart move."

"It also makes air battle a lot more difficult when try to avoid surface hazards." Master Koon points out.

Anakin frowns. "You'd have to be a skilled pilot to do that."

For a crazy instant Rey LETS GO OF THE YOKE, stretches to the co-pilot controls - THE FALCON CANTS!

REY: BB-8, hold on!

Rey finally REACHES the switches, returns to the yoke, stabilizing the ship, afraid of this next move.

REY: I'M GOING LOW!

EXT. DESERT - DAY

BEHIND THE FALCON as it DRAMATICALLY BANKS AT AN UPWARD ARC, UPSIDE-DOWN, then SWOOPS PERILOUSLY LOW across the sand. Two TIE FIGHTERS SCREAM past us!

"For a novice, she's pretty impressive at flying." Anakin observes.

INT. MILLENNIUM FALCON - DAY:

In the cylindrical corridor, BB-8 ROLLS TO THE CEILING! Rey looks back for a flash as the TIE Fighters pass - They are ROCKED BY A BLAST!

REY: What are you doing back there? Are you ever gonna fire back?!

Finn flicks switches - The GUN TARGETING LIGHTS UP:

FINN: I'm working on it! Are the shields up?

Rey strains, reaching for something in the co-pilot seat.

REY: Not so easy without a co-pilot!

"And that is why I hate flying." Obi-Wan says with a grimace. Anakin grins. "That's why I fly for you!"

"Oh that's even worse." Obi-Wan exclaims. Ahsoka nods, pointing to him. "I agree with him Master. You're too fancy."

Anakin gapes at her. "I thought you of all people would appreciate it!"

She shrugs.

Finn struggles with the gun controls and SWEEPING CHAIR:

FINN: Try sitting in this thing!

Finn finally FIRES BACK at the two TIE FIGHTERS!

EXT. DESERT - DAY

Finn's shots MISS. The TIE FIGHTERS ARC BACK IN PURSUIT and SCREAM PAST US toward the Falcon! Both TIES FIRING!

Mace grows more concerned. Those TIE Fighters are very dangerous and the defector can't even touch one!

INT. TIE FIGHTER COCKPIT - DAY

The BLACK-SUITED PILOT FIRES at the Falcon.

INT. MILLENNIUM FALCON - GUNNER POSITION - DAY

The Falcon is ROCKED by another BLAST!

"How much more can that thing take?" Ahsoka exclaims.

FINN: We need cover, quick!

INT. MILLENNIUM FALCON - COCKPIT - DAY

Rey HITS SWITCHES, pilots the best she can:

REY: We're about to get some! (TO HERSELF) I hope.

EXT. DESERT - DAY

The Falcon speeds through a ROCK FORMATION, GRAZING THE ROCK, TAKING OUT A CHUNK - the two TIE Fighters in pursuit, FIRING! The Falcon BANKS SO HARD, the edge of the ship RIPS A LINE IN THE SAND as it turns, REVEALING THE SHIP GRAVEYARD AHEAD.

"Huh, I never thought of that! How'd she know she could do that?" Anakin wonders.

"She must be force sensitive to be able to accomplish such a feat. I can see no other explanation." Plo Koon theorizes. This gets everyone's interest. They had never considered the possibility of her being Force sensitive. However she's too old to learn how to be a Jedi, which is what most of the Council members think.

Yoda still eyes her with interest, getting a sense of Master Koon being right.

INT. MILLENNIUM FALCON - DAY

BB-8 EXTENDS MAGNETIC CABLES to brace himself in a corridor.

Finn continues to fire at the TIE fighters, narrowly missing them.

Rey maneuvers the ship deeper into the graveyard.

INT. MILLENNIUM FALCON - GUNNER POSITION - DAY

Finn SWOOPS into frame, FIRES -

FINN: Come on... come on...

- HITS AND SHATTERS the TIE FIGHTER!

"One down, one to go!" Anakin grins, feeling exhilarated from the dogfight.

REY: Nice shot!

FINN: I'm getting pretty good at this!

EXT. DESERT - SPACESHIP GRAVEYARD - DAY

The TIE FIGHTER CRASHES amid the DEBRIS, THREE SCAVENGERS instantly there to consume the new bounty.

"Wow." Ahsoka says.

"Not a moment wasted in the harsh environment." Master Tiin observes.

The Falcon, pursued by the ONE REMAINING TIE FIGHTER, slaloms through the MASSIVE WRECKAGE, GRAZING THE OLD SHIPS as she goes, pieces flying. The TIE FIGHTER FIRES - HITTING THE FALCON'S LOWER TURRET, SPINNING IT, JAMMING IT INTO FORWARD POSITION!

"Well that's not good." Obi-Wan says with worry.

INT. MILLENNIUM FALCON - GUNNER POSITION - DAY

ALARMS BLARE -

FINN: The cannon's stuck in forward position, I can't move it! You gotta lose 'em!

INT. MILLENNIUM FALCON - COCKPIT - DAY

The ship is HIT AGAIN - afraid, Rey's mind races as she scans the area - and gets an idea.

REY: Get ready!

FINN: Okay! For what?<

EXT. DESERT - SPACESHIP GRAVEYARD - DAY

Rey pilots the ship up AND INTO THE REAR OF A CRASHED SUPER STAR DESTROYER! The final TIE FIGHTER FOLLOWS!

Anakin grins. "Now this is-"

"Anakin," Obi-Wan interrupts with a glare. Anakin stares back at him. "What? You don't remember the droid control ship? That was epic!"

"I know, but you don't need to compare yourself to that moment all the time."

Yoda chuckles at the two. How he missed the wonders and excitement of his days as a youth...

INT. MILLENNIUM FALCON - DAY

Finn peers out the window, realizing where they are:

FINN: ARE WE REALLY DOING THIS?!

INT. WRECKED SUPER STAR DESTROYER - DAY

The two ships slalom debris inside the giant ship - the Falcon GRAZING ONE SIDE, THEN THE OTHER, SPITTING SPARKS!

"Still, she could use some work with piloting." Anakin observes, studying her flight maneuvers to see what could be perfected if he were flying that pile of junk.

INT. MILLENNIUM FALCON - DAY

Rey, scared, girds herself as she quickly runs out of space in the wreck.

REY: Oh no!

Just as the TIE PILOT GETS A LOCK, Rey YANKS THE YOKE -

Some of the Jedi let out sighs of relief. Their ship could've been destroyed if she didn't move out of the way.

EXT. DESERT - SPACESHIP GRAVEYARD - DAY

The Falcon makes a HARD RIGHT TURN out of the Destroyer. Rey then CUTS POWER AND FLIPS THE SHIP SO BACK FACES FRONT! FINN CAN NOW SEE THE PURSUING TIE FIGHTER! He FIRES, DESTROYING IT! REY GUNS THE ENGINES again, FLIPS THE FALCON and FLIES AWAY as the TIE FIGHTER CRASHES!

Everyone gapes at the sight, even Anakin. Never had anyone ever seen or even thought of attempting a move like that. After a moment of shocked surprise, Anakin slowly starts to grin, thinking of the ways he could use that move when battling droids. Ahsoka and Oi-Wan see his grin and sigh, shooting each other concerned looks.

FINN: Whooo!

The Falcon ROARS OFF, victorious, leaving the ship graveyard and disappearing into the clouds.

EXT. SPACE - DAY

The Falcon ROARS from Jakku off to space.

Everyone in the room is relieved. At last the map and the droid were safe, on their way to this General Organa to find the remaining Jedi and restore peace to the galaxy...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

471 49 11
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away Jedi padawan Aayla Moon fights her way to a place in the Jedi Order, hoping to become a Knight some day. W...
1.5K 59 17
Star Wars Fan fiction! Shipping???? YOU'LL HAVE TO READ AND FIND OUT!!! I DO NOT OWN SW|(obviously) Putting it as completed so you guys know it's ove...
524K 12.6K 47
Do it. {Not all ideas/characters are mine and storyline may not go along with movies/shows} All rights go to George Lucas
468K 11.5K 130
A story that will follow the entire saga with its own individual twists and turns, please do give it a try you may be pleasantly surprised. There ar...