and we scored

By amyhopeey

NINI I've spent the last years running away from my past. Now, I've finally found what I need. Friends. Coll... More

a playlist
Scene 1
Scene 2
Scene 3
Scene 4
Scene 5
Scene 6
Scene 7
Scene 8
Scene 9
Scene 10
Scene 11
Scene 12
Scene 13
Scene 14
Scene 15
Scene 16
Scene 17
Scene 18
Scene 19
Scene 20
Scene 21
Scene 22
Scene 23
Scene 24
Scene 25
Scene 26
Scene 27
Scene 28
Scene 29
Scene 30
Scene 31
Scene 32
Scene 33
Scene 34
Scene 36
Scene 37
Scene 38
Scene 39
Scene 40
Scene 41
Scene 42
Scene 43
Scene 44
Scene 45
Scene 46
Scene 47
Scene 48
Scene 49
Epilogue
Extended Epilogue
Author's Note
Sneak peek: 𝒢𝓃𝒹 π“Œβ„― 𝒽𝒢𝓉ℯ𝒹

Scene 35

4.4K 122 53
By amyhopeey

NINI

Although it's late at night, I can still see the city lights flashing pass me through the car's window. It has been a long drive, too long, but we made it to Kansas City. Which is beautiful. I can see the different buildings, the people having a night out, the streetlights...It is all just perfect.

We now pass by a stadium and Caden points at it with the hand he's not steering the wheel with. "Dad and I used to come here all the time when I was little", he says. "He's a huge football fan."

I nod and take a better look at the stadium. It really is huge.

"Do you also like football?" I ask him carefully, not to reach a touchy subject. I learned that the hockey and football team at Wrencore aren't exactly good with each other, the reason yet unclear.

"I like watching it, yes", he says, lost in thoughts. "Never playing it though. I tried, yet it wasn't the one for me. I didn't feel any spark towards it. Not like with hockey, anyway."

I nod again and look away from to window to look at him. He's focused on the road, yet his eyes wonder off to me from time to time. Every time I catch him sneaking a glance in my direction, I smile.

We continue driving for another half an hour. I can feel my eyes closing in the meantime, falling asleep. I only wake up as I can feel someone gently tapping me on my shoulder and whispering my name. As I open my eyes, the car is parked in front of a house and my car door is open, with Caden standing in front of it, looking at me admiring.

"We're here", he whispers swallowing hard the nothing in his throat, as if he wanted to say something else but couldn't bring himself to do it.

I nod and follow him outside. The moment I take a better look at the house, my breath is away. It looks beautiful. The garden in front of it is decorated with Christmas decorations, from a big inflatable Santa to a little sled. The house itself looks incredibly similar to the house Noah built for Allie in one of my favorite movies, The Notebook. It's white and has a big old porch that wraps around the entire house. The moment I see this house, I know that I am in love with it.

Caden opens the trunk and takes all our suitcases from there. I go over to him wanting to help him, he only says that it's okay. I smile at him thankfully and follow him to the front door. Of course, I have to freeze again as I see the door. It is decorated with a beautiful Christmas wreath with a red ribbon and small lights. As he wants to ring the bell, Caden notices something and stops.

"Broadway", he says and then points up to the roof, from where a mistletoe is hanging. "We can't break the tradition", he whispers to me.

"No, we can't", I reply and wrap my hands around his neck, pulling him closer. I crash my lips on his and give him the most passionate kiss any mistletoe has ever seen.

"I think I'm going to need more mistletoe", he whispers to me and I take some distance to look at him. He's wearing a black winter jacket and some jeans, a beanie on his head. His cheeks are red from the cold and he's smiling at me like I'm the most beautiful girl he's ever seen, even though I'm probably looking like a mess. My hair is up in a bun, strands falling freely from it. I'm not wearing much makeup, almost none. My cheeks must also be red from the cold, since I can feel them freezing. I'm wearing a very puffy winter jacket that makes me look like I just came back from skiing. However, he still looks at me like I'm beautiful. The most beautiful.

"Me too", I whisper. And kiss him again. I can hear him softly chuckling, his lips brushing mine. Then, we kiss again.

I highly consider spending my entire night with him outside, just kissing, as the door opens and a person says: "Oh, I thought I heard noises." We both stop our smooch fest and turn to see a woman with curly brown hair and eyes the same color, wearing a knitted white sweater and some beige pants, smiling at the two of us. Caden takes the hand from my waist for a few seconds and goes hug the woman.

"Mom!", he says as soon as he's close to her. His Mom only pulls him closer and replies: "It's so lovely to see you again, sweetie. It's been so long."

As soon as they let go, Caden comes back to me and his hand returns on my waist. "Mom, this is Nini. The girl I've told you about."

I hardly stop a look in Caden's direction. He's been talking about me?! However, manners first, I reach out my hand to the woman and introduce myself: "It's a pleasure to meet you, Misses West. I'm Nini."

Caden's Mom doesn't shake my hand and has me in a hug instead, her arms wrapped around my body. It feels new. I've never had a hug coming from a parent before. Denise hated hugs. Thought I didn't deserve them. The feeling I feel now is warm yet also bitter, knowing how much I've missed out in my childhood.

As we let go, she smiles at me and says: "The pleasure is all mine. And please, call me Caroline, Nini."

I nod at her understanding. "Thanks, Caroline."

Her smile grows even brighter. I now understand what Caden meant about his Mom always smiling.

Caroline leads us inside and Caden brings all our suitcases in. Although it's very late, Caroline still offers to give us some food and goes inside the kitchen to set it on plates. In the meantime, Caden volunteers to offer me a tour around the place.

The house looks even better from the inside. It's very aesthetic, and the urge to grab my phone and upload tones of photos of Pinterest is so big, yet I manage to stop it. Everything in the house is in perfect harmony with everything else. It doesn't have a specific theme or pattern, but it all feels cozy and warm. Like a home. Caden shows me the living room with the huge couch covered in cushions and fluffy blankets. There are pictures on the walls with him as a kid along with many shelves filled with books. The next room I see is the bathroom, that has the largest collection of soaps I have ever seen in my life. They have every scent one can think of. Floral Dream, Sweet Vanilla or Winter Feeling are just some of the scents I would give anything to try out later. After the bathroom, Caden shows me his parents' bedroom on the ground floor. We then go upstairs to his old room. It's a guest bedroom now, but there are still many hockey jerseys with his name and different numbers over the years, framed on the walls. The last room he shows me is the room we'll be sleeping it. Because although he could have his own room, Caden decided to sleep with me. Which made me very happy.

The room is a guest bedroom, that looks also very aesthetic. It has a nice double bed, which is perfectly made. There's a wardrobe and a coffee table with two armchairs. It is exactly what we need.

I am still looking around the room while Caden goes downstairs to bring our bags. The moment he's back upstairs and his hands are free, I wrap my arms around him and pull him closer to me. He seems surprised at first, then lets himself enjoy our hug and sinks deeper into my arms.

"Thank you for inviting me", I whisper, my lips brushing softly his ear. I can hear him gasp for air and feel him shiver once. He then kisses my lips softly and mouths:
"Thank you for coming."

He takes me in his arms, and I wrap my feet around his waist. He then gently carries me to the bed, on which he lays me on. He gets rid of the hoodie I was wearing until I am only in my small white crop top. Caden then begins to explore my neck, planting kisses that make me shiver every time. Before I know what I'm doing, I am taking down his hoodie yet in his case, he's not wearing anything else underneath and I get a look at his bare chest. I have seen Caden shirtless before, but every time he's been quick to cover himself up again, so I only got a small glimpse. This time, he only turns around to check whether the door is closed, which luckily is, and then he allows me to take my time. And my conclusion is, I think I'm dating the hottest man alive. His body is so perfectly shaped, like he wouldn't even be real. Like he were a dream.

"Shit", I say, although it wasn't supposed to come out. I only meant it as a thought.

Caden chuckles then bends over me and starts kissing me again. He kisses me with the same passion I looked at him before. Like I am the most beautiful person in this world. Like I'm perfect. And even though deep down I know I'm not, Caden makes me believe it.

"Oh, Broadway", he whispers out of breath somewhere between my collarbone and my cheek. "You're driving me insane", he continues. "You don't even know the things I want to do to you."

I freeze and he notices. He stops and his face takes a guilty expression, as if what he had just said were wrong. It's not. It's only, I haven't ever thought he would like that with me.

Caden puts some distance between us, yet I quickly wrap my hands around his neck again and pull him back close.

"Do them", I whisper, to which his eyes widen.

"Are you sure?" he asks me, his voice shaking.

"I'm sure. Do them."

Caden looks straight into my eyes again as if to get an approval. I nod and he understands how much I actually want it. He then tugs on the crop top I am wearing and gives it off.

I've never felt more on fire.

~

"So, Nini, how are you enjoying Kansas so far?" Caroline asks me, while we're all sitting at the table. It's somewhen after ten o'clock in the morning, yet I still can't feel my body. After kissing me some more last night, Caden announced his Mom we will be having food in the morning, since I supposedly already fell asleep. Caroline was nice to understand and gave us the plates she's filled with some meat pie upstairs, just in case I'd wake up hungry and need a midnight snack. I was obviously not asleep. And what happened after Caden came back to our room will for sure keep me awake for a while. It now appears in all my dreams as well.

"It's really nice. I haven't seen much of it, but Caden showed me the stadium last night. I can't wait to see more of the city", I answer. I can see Caroline smiling bright and Frank nodding agreeing. I've only met Frank, Caden's Dad, this morning yet he's already told me all about the football games Caden and him have been to over the years and many other kid-Caden memories.

"I'm taking her in town today", Caden says from where he is sitting next to me. His hand is placed on my thigh and his eyes are looking at me like I were his sun.

"That's a great plan. The center is really pretty", Caroline says, reaching out for a toast from the basket. She's made eggs for all of us and they taste delicious. I help her by handing her the basket, since it was very close to me. She thanks me and happily takes out a toast.

"You have to see the Mayor's Christmas Tree", Franks adds. "It's better than in any year."

"Speaking about Christmas trees," Caroline continues, "you have to get back by six o'clock. We're hosting a small tree decorating party. We'd love for you to be here."

"We normally decorate it much sooner, end of November, but this year, we waited especially so that you two can decorate the tree with us", Frank explains.

I offer them a thankful look and share a glance with Caden, begging him with my eyes to say yes. He chuckles and answers: "We will be here, don't worry."

"Thank you for having us", I add.

His parents only nod and we continue eating breakfast, them offering us more suggestions on what we should visit today. I only partly listen, since I'm still so sore from last night. And Caden slowly massaging my thigh right now as if he would know exactly how I feel, only makes me fall even more in love with him.

~

"Can we go visit Santa?" I ask, pointing at the small gingerbread house hut in the market. Caden looks at me amused, and I have to smile as I see his red cheeks. He's wearing his winter jacket from yesterday, together with that beanie that makes him look so cute. I took a lot of photos of him and us, even sent some on the group chat I have with the girls. They all agreed that Caden should wear a beanie more often.

"But there's such a big line", Caden says, pointing to the many people already gathered in front of the house.

"Please", I insist and try to make some big puppy eyes. He must have noticed how much I want it, since he gives up and agrees.

"Alright. Let's go see Santa."

I can't hold it together and let out a small cheer followed by some jumps. He looks at me admiring and after taking my hand, he leads me towards the gingerbread house.

Although I will never say it to him, he was right. The line is big. Extremely big. We spend around one hour in line, just waiting to get there. However, it is worth it. Caden holds me the whole time in a hug so that I don't get too cold. He's kissing me and whispering I love you in my ears. He's making the time go by so beautifully, that I don't even regret the long line, but I almost catch myself thinking how I wish it were longer.

As we enter the house, I can't stop myself from smiling bright. There are some people dressed as elves that lead us to the main room, where Santa sits on a red armchair next to a big Christmas tree. I run to Santa and can see Caden making some photos with his phone with the corner of my eye.

"Hohoho, who do we have here?" Santa asks and I almost begin tearing up. This is the second time I enter into a Santa's house. The first time was last year. Until then, I have never been to one, since I usually spent my Christmas alone. Realizing how better my life got from a few years ago is always something that makes me cry of joy.

"Hey there, Santa. I'm Nini", I say. He pats me to sit on his lap, although I might be a bit too old for it. Nevertheless, I take a sit and he smiles. So does Caden, who Santa now also noticed.

"And who must you be?"

"I'm Caden. Her boyfriend." The answer came so naturally out of Caden, I almost believed it for a second. It's then the two of us realize what he had just said. My cheeks turn red and his eyes turn guilty. Santa starts speaking again.

"And, Nini? What is your wish for this Christmas?"

I know exactly what my wish is.

"Can I whisper it to you?" I ask him. He nods and I come closer to his ear.

"For Caden to be my boyfriend", I whisper, making sure Caden can't hear. He's still busy taking photos of me, looking admiring.

Santa nods and winks at me once: "You never know. Christmas wishes are known to come true."

I smile agreeing, yet deep down I don't know if it's true. I can only hope.

"What about you, Caden?" Santa asks. "Why don't you come here and tell me your wish."

"Oh, I don't have a wish this year", he answers matter-of-factly. Both Santa and I look at him with our eyes wide open.

"You don't have a wish?" I ask him surprised. He nods to back up what he just said.

"No. I already have you in my life. It is better than any wish I could ever make."

My cheeks blush harder, since that sounds exactly what the characters in the romcom movies I watch would say. However, I still can't believe it and ask: "So, I am your Christmas wish?"

"You aren't just my Christmas wish, Broadway. You're my every wish."

I lose control and run to Caden. I hug him and start kissing him, although I know Santa is clearly watching. However, he doesn't seem to mind. I can only hear him chuckle.

"I believe your wish will come true very soon, Nini", Santa says after a while. At that, I let go of Caden and my cheeks go red again. Caden still holds me close to him, his hand on my waist. I look up at him and respond: "Yeah. I hope so too."

Santa chuckles again and makes us a sign to come closer. He takes some candy from a red sack that was lying close to him and gives them to us.

"Happy Christmas", he wishes us before we go out.

"Happy Christmas", Caden and I respond at the same time. And for the first time,everything inside me tells me this Christmas will really be the happiest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 56.4K 54
[COMPLETE] Soz this may be cringe, it was written very long ago A seemingly ordinary, working college girl meets a cool, undeniably sexy boy with m...
33.7K 660 33
College senior, Cassie Bennet has spent the past few years working as hard as possible to ensure she's able to fulfil her dream of becoming an astrop...
116K 2.5K 34
An anxious homebody gets roped into her university quarterback's scheme to get back at both of their exes. **** Highest rating: #7 in books | 7 - 1...
25.1K 1K 35
Audry has a lot of life planned out for herself but it's not going to be easy to navigate. After a long year of figuring out what and who she wants t...