RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.2) (M...

By ZANE_555

Here is the second volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this fanfic is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fi... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34

Chapter 33

339 12 0
By ZANE_555

(The Next Day)

Y/N is relaxing on one of the infirmary's beds, reading a book Blake lent to him after she and the other came to check up on him. He then hears the door open, gaining his attention. As the door open, it reveals to be Team SSSN (Season). 

Sun: "Hey, Y/N!"

Y/N: "Sup, guys. Came to check up on me."

Neptune: "Obviously."

Y/N close his book before gazing upon the team. 

Scarlet: "We heard that you took the most damage during the Breach."

Sage: "So, we want to see if you're doing okay."

Y/N: "Aww, you guys are making me blush." 

Neptune: "Anyway, you're doing, okay? That Chimera did a number on you."

Y/N: "Pft. Please, that Grimm was nothing."

Sun: "You sure? From what we saw, Ruby had to save you from being crush by the Grimm's corpse."

In response, Y/N lay back on his bed, stretching his arms a little.

Y/N: "You guys don't have to worry. All that matter is that the situation is over and should be focus on the upcoming Vytal Tournament."

Scarlet: "Oh, crap. You're right. Come on, guys. We need to train and practice."

The team of guys left the infirmary, waving Y/N goodbye as Y/N does the same. After a long while, Y/N goes to eat his food and drink brought by one of the nurses. After eating and drinking, he continues to read his book called "The Wolf and the Crow," a book he wanted to read again. Suddenly, he hears a small knock on the infirmary's door. Not wanting to leave the bed, Y/N responds to it.

Y/N: "You can come in!"

The door open, revealing to be Russel, which surprised Y/N upon seeing him.

Russel: "H-Hello..."

Y/N: "Russel?"

Immediately, Y/N's eyes narrowed upon seeing Cardin's partner, giving him a deadpan expression.

Y/N: "What do you want?"

Slowly, Russel closes the door behind him, approaching him timidly before standing before him.

Russel: "I... I came send you a message from... Cardin."

Y/N: "Huh? Cardin?"

He quickly nods to him.

Russel: "He wanted to thank you for saving him from that big, masked guy... you know, at the Breach."

Y/N: ("The Lieutenant... right...") "Yeah, I know what you're talking about."

Russel: "He also told me to... tell you that you better recover soon."

Y/N: "Hold on, where is he?"

Russel: "Oh, he's off training with Sky and Dove for the upcoming Vytal tournament."

Taken aback by this, Y/N never would have expected this, considering it's Cardin we're talking about here, though it makes sense he wouldn't just confront him and say this himself. 

Y/N: "I... see... thanks for telling me."

Russel: "Uh... Uhm..."

Y/N: "Hm?"

Nervousness is plastered all over his face as Russel is shifting his eyes to Y/N and then to the floor.

Y/N: "What is it, Russel?"

Russel: "Uh..."

Taking a breath, Russel sheepishly replies back.

Russel: "I'm so... so sorry..."

As he said this, Russel immediately bows to him, which caught Y/N off-guard.

Y/N: "F-For what?"

Russel: "I'm so sorry for beating you up... me... my team... from the previous semester." 

Y/N fully remember what he means as Russel continues.

Russel: "My team and I were scared to go against Cardin's order. We didn't want to get beat up as well... so... I'm so sorry... for what we did..."

Remembering that little incident was getting Y/N annoyed but, he does his best to maintain his composure. With a brief sigh, Y/N speaks up. 

Y/N: "I-It's fine. Thanks for the apology... even though it's a little late but, it's better than nothing."

Russel was a bit taken aback by his remark but, he nods to him. 

Russel: "I-I'll be going now."

Before Russel leave the infirmary, Y/N shout to his name.

Y/N: "Russel, wait."

Russel stops in his track as he looks back at Y/N.

Y/N: "Cardin may be your team leader, but that doesn't mean you and your teammates should put up with his bullying. You shouldn't let him use and abuse you like that... or anyone for that matter."

A small smile form on Russel's face as he nods to him.

Russel: "Thanks for the advice... and once again, I'm very sorry."

As soon as Russel left the infirmary, Y/N just flop down on his bed, laying down on his back. He then let out a long sigh.

Y/N: ("Ugh, why couldn't Cardin say all of that himself? I mean, I'm glad that Russel and his teammates are apologizing but, still... Cardin is basically the instigator. He should be apologizing on behalf of himself and his team.")

After a while of just pondering that whole exchange he had with Russel, Y/N hear a few knocks on the door.

Y/N: "Come in."

Opening the door and locking it is Glynda herself.

Y/N: "Oh, Glynda. Wasn't expecting to see you here."

Glynda: "I'm taking a break from assisting with the clean-up efforts."

Y/N: "Just to visit me?"

Glynda: "Indeed."

As she said this, the blonde woman goes to sit on a chair next to his bed.

Y/N: "We're... we're my team helping with the clean-up efforts as well?"

Glynda: "They were but, I told them that they can take a break for the day. Anyway..."

Y/N shook a little upon seeing Glynda's narrowed eyes, staring him down. Nervously, he goes to ask.

Y/N: "W-What is it?"

Glynda: "Your actions during the Breach was extremely reckless! You shouldn't charge headfirst into that swarm of Grimm without anyone backing you up."

Y/N: "Right, sorry."

Glynda: "If it weren't for Miss Adel and me keeping the Grimm and White Fang at bay, and Miss Rose saving you at the last minute, you would have been killed, even if you killed the Chimera. Well, what do you have to say for yourself?"

Y/N just looked down, bowing a little to his professor.

Y/N: "I'm very sorry, Miss Goodwitch. I guess... I let the heat of combat get the better of me."

He gives a weak smile and scratch the back of his head upon saying this. In response, Glynda let out a long sigh, her expression more relaxed and less focused.

Glynda: "You had me very concerned over your safety and... your well-being in general."

Y/N: "Y-Yeah. Good thing you and Professor Port were there to help in the fight."

Glynda: "I'll say. I never expected to see you just... leap into the horde of Grimm with no hesitation. Did you learn that from Qrow or something?"

Y/N: "N-No, he didn't. In fact, he told me to do the opposite. Telling me that it's pretty much a death sentence if you're not properly prepared and trained."

A smile form on Glynda's face, which Y/N becomes aware of.

Glynda: "Hm, he must care about you a lot."

Y/N: "Yeah... he sure does."

The blonde woman gets up from her seat and move it much closer to Y/N's bed, making Y/N a bit confused on her action.

Y/N: "Uhm, Glynda? What are you-?"

Wordlessly, Glynda looks at Y/N as she pats her lap, gesturing him to put his head on her lap.

Y/N: "Are... are you sure?"

Glynda doesn't respond as she pat her lap once more.

Y/N: "Okay then."

And just like that, Y/N's head is now on top of Glynda's lap as she's patting on his head.

Glynda: "If something like the Breach ever occur, please... stick with your teammates and allies. Don't go wandering off and fight by yourselves."

Y/N remains quiet for a moment before responding.

Y/N: "I'll do my best, Glynda."

Glynda: "Hm, it's not a no... so I'll take it." ("Once again, I'm very glad to have closed the door before doing this.")

They've been like this for several minutes before Glynda gesture to lift his head up.

Glynda: "Well, I'll be going now. I have some work to be done."

Y/N: "Alright then. Thanks for the talk."

Glynda nod before leaving the infirmary, and having the door slightly open, leaving Y/N by himself. Y/N exhales over the conversation he had with Glynda. Only to hear a knock on the door and a familiar voice addressing to him.

Cinder: "Well, you're sure popular with the professors at Beacon."

Y/N turn his attention to see Cinder leaning against the opened door, giving him a smile.

[Minus the bow and arrow, she has on her hands.]

Y/N: "Oh, Cinder. Didn't expect you to visit me."

Cinder: "Is that an issue?"

Y/N: "N-No, it's fine. Also, popular with the professors?"

Cinder: "Is it not true? I hear some of the teachers at Beacon praising you for the schoolwork you had done here. They seem to favor you."

In response, Y/N scratch the back of his head, laughing embarrassingly.

Y/N: "Me? No, it can't be me. If anything, Pyrrha would be the one gaining the praise from the teachers. Hell, Glynda favor Team CVFY as she believes that is what a team is supposed to be."

Cinder: "Hm, I see." 

Y/N: "Anyway, I'm very thankful that you came to visit me. I thought you would have some teacher work that need to be done."

Cinder: "Oh, I'm just taking a break at the moment, and I thought I come here to visit you."

Y/N: "Hehe, thanks."

Cinder: "Still, the Breach was quite unexpected, don't you think?"

Y/N: "Yeah, no kidding. Nobody could have anticipated it. Well, everyone except the White Fang and Roman Torchwick."

Cinder: "Speaking of which, Emerald, Mercury, and myself were actually there at the Breach."

Y/N: "Wait, you were?"

Cinder: "Yep. We were trying to assist in taking down the Grimm. We also saw how you took down that Chimera. Killing a Grimm like that is no easy feat, even with a team of four huntsmen in training."

Y/N: "Uhm, Cinder?"

Cinder: "Yes?"

Y/N: "I might be wrong but, I never seen you or your students during the Breach."

Cinder: "Our Bullhead ran late due to the pilot not wanting to go to the Breach. I basically argue with the pilot for a while."

Y/N: "Really?"

Cinder: "Uh-huh. And even when made it into the fight, we were on the opposite side of town square so, you and the others wouldn't be able to see us."

Y/N: "Yeah, I guess so. I mean, I was so focus on killing the Grimm and that Chimera to have notice."

Cinder then smirks at this.

Cinder: "In fact, both Mercury and Emerald managed to defeat Roman Torchwick and hand him over to the authorities."

Eyes widen a bit, Y/N responds back.

Y/N: "Wow. Those two must be really strong if they manage to do that." ("Considering how slippery Roman can be when fighting him... wait...")

He soon ponders over about Neo for a moment.

Cinder: "Y/N?"

Y/N then look back to Cinder.

Y/N: "Cinder. Have they seen or you see a girl with multi-colored hair near Torchwick?"

Cinder: "Hmm..."

She ponders to herself before quickly replying.

Cinder: "We did see a girl like that, but she disappeared before we could do anything and just captured Torchwick."

Y/N internally sigh in relief. 

Y/N: ("That means Neo escaped. But I wonder... where did she go? Now that Roman is behind bars, is she going to be okay?")

Cinder: "Why you want to know, Y/N?"

Y/N: "I believe that she's a helper of Torchwick."

Cinder: "Oh, and how would you know that?"

As she said this, Cinder leans a bit closer to him before Y/N quickly reply back.

Y/N: "My team and I fought him and her before. We know she works for him."

Cinder: "I see."

Eventually, Cinder gets up from her seat before looking down at Y/N as he looks up to meet her gaze.

Cinder: "Well, I'll be going now. You be good now, okay?"

As she asks this, Cinder extend her hand, about to place it on his head. Once Y/N see this, he quickly leans away to avoid her hand. Cinder took notice of this.

Cinder: "I'm sorry about that. I hope that didn't make you uncomfortable."

Y/N: "N-No, it's okay. It's just... I only allowed one person to do that." ("Well, Glynda too.")

His remark made Cinder quite curious, getting closer to him on his bed, practically inches away from his face.

Cinder: "Oh? Who would that be?"

Y/N: "Cinder?"

Cinder: "Come on, tell me. I'll keep it a secret."

With a smirk, she winks at him upon saying this. Y/N is trying his best to maintain his composure and the blushing on his face. Reluctantly, Y/N goes to respond back.

Y/N: "It's my mentor."

Cinder: "Mentor?"

Y/N: "Yeah. His name is Qrow."

Cinder: "I see..."

Satisfied with his answer, Cinder leans back away from him, now standing on her feet.

Cinder: "Aww, you're looking quite bashful, Y/N."

Y/N looks away in response, trying to cover up his blushing face.

Y/N: "Please don't tease me."

Cinder: "Why? I find you quite adorable."

Y/N: "Eh?"

Cinder: "You have all this strength at your disposal and yet you act like this. It's almost funny in a way."

Y/N: "Huh? What does that-?"

He gets cut off by Cinder's voice.

Cinder: "Anyway, I should be leaving now. Hope you recover soon, Y/N."

Y/N: "Oh, okay. See you later then." 

She gives him a smile and waving him goodbye which Y/N does the same as she soon closes the door of the infirmary. Swiftly, Y/N takes a deep breath before flopping down on his bed once more, dwelling over several things. Things such as Neo's whereabouts, Roman being considered the one behind the Breach, which he doesn't believe to be true, and the whole exchange he had with Cinder.

Y/N: "Well... time to take a nap."

Cinder is now walking through the hallways, heading to the dorm room where Emerald and Mercury are at. During her walk, she begins to ponder to herself.

Cinder: ("Why did she ask me to get any information from Y/N? How does this contribute to our plan?")

She shakes it off, not letting it cloud her mind.

Cinder: ("No matter. I'll get my answer once I dig deeper into his 'personal life.' For now, I need to focus on the plan at hand.")

A grin begins to form on her face as she finally reaches the dorm room of her two accomplices.

Back with Y/N, he leans down on the bed pondering over the Breach, before and after it happened. Especially with his now deceased cousin.

Y/N: ("Darius... if what you said is true then... once the Vytal Festival is over, I'm going to track down Christina... and hopefully she's alive and well... I'll do it for you... and me...")

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 100 7
Here you guys go. The sequel to Volume 2 and 1. Hope you guys enjoy.
9.9K 396 37
Here is the third volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing RWBY Series.) (Discla...
9.2K 146 26
"I will protect them, no matter what, even if it means burning the entire remnant to the ground, i will protect them, this is a promise" "This is My...
359K 331 3
RWBY does not belong to me, all rights belong to it's creator Monty Oum and is distributed by Rooster Teeth. Record of Ragnarok does not belong to me...