Book 2 of Human: Kingdom of S...

By flowertoot

This is part two of Human. I would suggest you read that first before you read this book, so you know more ab... More

Coming soon
Introducing .. Roman (Not a chapter)
Character looks
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
the long awaited... Romans POV
Chapter 3
Romans POV
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 4

3.5K 152 37
By flowertoot

13K + VIEWS ::::DDDD 

The last chapter had 2.1k views.

-----

For some reason all three of us are marked with bad luck, it's only a matter of time before it catches up to us.

-----

"Move it rat" a voice snarled at us and barged past me, I bit my lip and pain radiated from my shoulder, I kept my head down and said nothing, all I could see was shoes, I saw nothing else because I kept gaze on the floor at all times. 

So far people around here are as we hoped, treating us like crap and steering clear from us as we walked through the market, loud chatter was the only thing I could hear as I tried to navigate myself around the market  "Fuck guards are here" a man muttered next to me and I saw his feet move fast. I gulped and slowly looked up, even with the sunglasses on my eyes seemed to have a hard time adjusting to the scenery here. 

I stopped walking and blinked a few times as I looked around as saw people. I know it shouldn't shock me, but they look so damn normal and my eyes moved around the tents not  female in sight. Summer and Natalia stopped walking and we froze when we heard a monotone voice shout "SUSPECTS ON THE LOOSE WE WILL BE CHECKING EVERYONE. ALL COME TO THE FRONT FOR VERIFICATION" oh my god, my hand began to sweat and I quickly moved to look at Natalia and Summer who looked just as scared. 

"What the fuck do we do?" Summer whispered in her weird deep voice as all three of us huddled together as chaos began to ascend before us, loud footsteps thudded around us along with angry shouts "Fuck you " I looked to the shout and saw a boy flipping off  someone and my guess it's the direction of the guards. 

"Now.. that's not very nice" A familiar voice hissed, my body froze as the voice of Asmodeus reached my heads, my eyes fearfully found Summers, I couldn't see her eyes but I saw her hands clench into a tight fist and her body became rigid. Natalia was also frozen in her spot. 

"Everything we do, we do for our king. As loyal subjects, we also protect you all" Asmodeus's voice almost sounded like he was purring, I shakily moved my head towards the voice and I was little shocked at how different... the freaky man looked. Gone was the clown like makeup, instead stood in a  a barefaced Asmodeus with striking white hair? I frowned as I looked at hi clothing, he wore a fitted black t-shirt, with a black bullet proof vest with a pair of black cargo pants. My eyes went to look at his face and cringed when I saw him smile. 

It was still the same creepy face without the paint, his eyes looked slightly unhinged as he moved to run a hand through his hair "Now.. we're looking for a necromancer names Sheela " I didn't like the way he said her name as the man who was in front of him gulped "I-i don't know.. is she even real?" the man stuttered out, Asmodeus rolled his eyes before he sniffed the air and a grimace took over his face "Why the fuck does it smell like shit

Any other normal day I would have been horrified if I was called out like that, but pure terror filled my body as he moved his head and held a had to his nose "What the fuck" Asmodeus hissed as he squinted, before they stopped on me my body froze as I watched his eyes move up and down my body before he looked away, I let a small breath of relief as he waved his hands "give them money to have a fucking shower, the smell is literally burning my nose" Asmodeus face was still full of disgust as he moved his body to face away from us. 

I could hear more shouting as this weird market place was getting raided by Asmodeus's henchman- but it all seemed to be muting out to me. 

This really would have been mortifying if this situation was different, as of right now I could not be happier that we smell like shit. Something hit my feet, I looked down and saw a black pouch, I slowly moved down and picked up the velvet pouch and tentatively  opened the pouch and saw silver coins. 

"Take it and by the gods clean yourselves" Asmodeus said with his back towards us, we didn't have to be told twice. All three of us ignored the stares as people parted from us like the red sea, mutters of how nasty we smelled reached my ears but I could not give a shit. All three of us basically ran across the market area, until less and less people were seen. Summer came to a sudden halt , Natalia bumped into Summer and let out a small squeak. I managed to stop just in time, but raised an eyebrow- well that was the intention. My eyebrows were stuck in place from the nasty sludge, on my face. 

I grimaced slightly as it was even hard to move my mouth "Summer what are doing ? WE have to keep going?" I whispered as I looked around and frowned when I noticed we were all alone. I looked back and I started to feel unnerved by the sudden change of environment "This isn't right.. we just walked down the pathway and now.. I'm sure we're in a different place!" I said whilst tugging on Summers arm, Natalia was also tugging on her sleeve "She's right.. I don't think we want to stay here nothing here is normal or ok" Natalia said worry marred her tone as she looked around. 

"I would.. but who is that ?" 

I really didn't want to look. I closed my eyes briefly, if I ever survive this and we somehow make it to having a normal life. I need some fucking therapy. I opened my eyes and looked at Summer who was still stood frozen with her finger pointing at something. This felt like a horror film, you know its pretty silly when you see it on the screen that someone is standing pointing at something evil. Now that I'm in that exact silly situation and it is absolutely terrifying. I gulped and slowly turned my head to follow what she was pointing at. 

The fear running through my body was unreal, it almost felt like an out of body experience. My body was high alert, and I could feel my blood pumping hard. All I could hear was my heart beat as I followed her finger, my palms began to sweat as my eyes shakily looked at the figure dressed in all black. 

"What the fuck" my lips trembled as I looked at the lady dressed in black, a netted veil covered her face,  her dress almost seemed like it came from the 60s? the dress was long, with a tight corset, that let the dress flare out from her hips. Black gloves covered her hand as she stood still looking in our direction. I grabbed onto Summers top and Natalia's hand and started to tug, this woman screams bad news. 

As much as I wanted to look away from her, I just couldn't look away there was something so familiar about this person. I frowned as the lady tilted her head slightly to the left. I licked my lips "Summer" I whispered as the lady took a small step towards us, her finger interlocked sitting on her stomach, a chill ran down my spine as I felt Natalia squeeze my hand tightly as a low humming coud be heard. 

I couldn't help but think of one thing why does she look like "the bride in black" I whispered, Summers back straightened "Oh my god.." Summer trailed off as we all took a step back, the lady moved her clasped hands to leave one out stretched towards us as she also took a step forward. This cannot be happening to us. 

"RUN" Natalia suddenly piped out from behind us, I wasted no time pulling Summer and Natalia with me we all turned and ran, a demonic like cackle could be heard from behind us, my heart was racing as I could hear thudding footsteps behind us, a door suddenly swung open from a house across us. I was heaving at this point, I looked back only to see the ladys veil had lifted and her face was .. anything but human. 

Her face scrunched in anger as she looked at the door. Fuck it. "Go towards the door" I shouted and literally shoved Summers back to move in that direction, Natalia wasted no time and threw herself in that direction. An unholy roar came from behind us, whatever the fuck this thing was it didn't want us going here. Natalia, Summer and myself launched ourselves into the open door. Summer fell flat onto the ground a low groan left her throat as Natalia landed right on top of her. I let out a screech when I felt a couple of strand of my hair being pulled from behind me, I hurled myself to jump over a groaning Summer and a frozen Natalia. 

Pain filled my system as my left side hit the ground first, my hand went to cover my face and the cold floor seeped through my clothes. Ignoring the pain, I quickly sat up and with wide eyes looked at the door. I could only stare as the creature, stood at the door, huffing, its eyes pitch black, face stuck in a snarl and the thing that made me cringe was the black gunk that was coming out of its mouth. 

The creature lifted its hand and tried to punch its way into the house, but it was being stopped?  the creature angrily thudded its fists against the invisible shield "Mine"  the creature snarled as it became angrier. Summer and Natalia were now sitting up and quickly shuffled their bodies to sit next to me. 

"I RENOUNCE YOU SATAN" I flinched as a loud voice shouted from behind us, it was almost as if this next part happened in slow motion. A tall figure jumped over, all three of us looked up in shock as the person let out a warrior like cry. 

There dressed in a black dress, I squinted my eyes no- dressed like a nun holding a cross at  the creature. My mouth opened and closed as I looked at Natalia and Summer who also looked confused . Summer shrugged and mouthed "what the fuck" before she looked back at the ..nun. 

The nun took a step back and almost dramatically held the cross in front of her " You are Valak - the defiler, the profane, the marquis of snakes! In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, I condemn you back to Hell!" I blinked in shock, did she just quote Lorraine from The Conjuring? The creature did nothing but snarl, the nun sorted "No that doesn't work. Okay" The nun put the cross over her neck, and lifted her skirt and pulled out a gun. 

"Say hello to Stan for me" The nun said sweetly and pulled the trigger, we all sat in shock as the creature into a pile of dust "Right" The nun sighed as she pulled her skirt back up and put the gun back into the holder and turned around to look at us. 

She was actually a nun. 

There sat on her chest was wooden cross, my eyes slowly moved up  to her face, her skin was a deep caramel tone, a killer watt smile sat her on her lips, with her hair parted into a middle parting with a tight bun. 

"The name is Sheela. Well Sister Sheela" her voice was calm as she moved to straighten her skirt.  "What thef fu-" Summer was cut off by a tutting "No swearing, the lord is everywhere" Sheela's voice was stern as she stood up straight and looked at something behind us "Lets get you all cleaned... you all smell..." Sheela struggled to find the right words as she covered her nose "not so great

Sheela quickly scurried past us and we stood up, I cringed at how stuff my clothes were "So much for running away... I don't know if we can trust her. Hell we can't trust anyone from here" Summer whispered as Natalia took hesitant steps in the direction Sheela went "If she was going to do something to us she would have done it by now?" Natalia questioned and I shook my head "Have you watched stardust? That witch pretended to be nice and waited for the right moment to try and cut her heart out" I mumbled back. 

Summer scoffed "Are you seriously comparing a freakin movie to our situation?" Summer put her hand on her hip, I looked at her with a raised brow and pointed at the now shut door "We just got chased by a demon like creature that looked like it was from insidious and now that I think about it the nun was right- why the hell did it resemble Valak? both horror films my friend" 

Summer just looked at me and at the door "Fair enough" I sighed, I could feel my head starting to hurt "How are we even supposed to live right now? surely we can't spend the rest of our lives running?" I rubbed my forehead to try and alleviate the pain but it was like rough, the gunk was fully tried and I was no starting to feel sick.

"We'll worry about what the heck to do with ourselves later for now we have no choice but to trust her. What if we come across more of those things? Lets just go" I said and followed Natalia who was standing at the door Sheela has walked through. 

Natalia opened the door and we all jumped back in shock when Sheela was right there, still with that somewhat creepy killer watt smile with a couple of towels in her hands "follow me" She said and took a sharp turn around. We all looked at each other and slowly followed her. Maybe being on her own has just made her a bit weird? 

As we walked through the dimly lit hallway, the floor boards creaked as we silently walked behind Sheela "I've been down here for years...I've lost track with how long I've been here" Sheela started off as she stood straighter, her tone changed slightly "I was sure I was condemned to hell by the Satanists from above...but once I came here I realised this was all part of God's plan" Sheela stopped in front of a door and turned around to face us and handed us the fluffy towels.

"I was sent here for a reason and I will continue to do Gods work" Sheela took a step back and fixed her skirt and clasped her hands over her mid section "They have many names for me, but I'm known as the necromancer.. god has given me powers to clean this earth and my cleanse will continue until I take my last breath" It was scary how determined she sounded as she pointed at three different doors. 

"Each room has a shower, I will prepare food" Sheela grabbed a bible that was sitting on a chest of draws and held it to her chest "I pray for ou safety.. I can see it something unholy is coming for you all" Sheela let out a sigh and moved a hand to clasp the cross in her hand "I can only help so much... the evil that is coming for you is no match for any of us" A cold shiver ran up my spine when her honey coloured eyes pinned on me, I squirmed at the attention. 

Sheela walked towards me and stopped when she was just an arm length away, and handed me the bible "You need this.. and i suggest you pray. pray until your soul feels one with God because.." Sheela's eyes looked around me "the evil that follows you...its something from the depths of hell" Sheela muttered something under her breath. I hesitantly took the leather bible from her hand.

Everything she just said made me want to dig a hole into the ground and fucking die. I gulped as Sheela moved around me "Food will be ready soon" It was silent and all that could be heard was the retreating heels from Sheela echo in the silent hallway, the door slammed shut behind her. We were all silent for a second before Summer hesitantly spoke "She might be wrong you know...she's been down here for years she clearly has a few screws loose" It was nice that she trying to justify that Sheela basically told me I have a bad omen and that I'm destined to be doomed. 

I nodded numbly, and hugged the towel and bible close to my chest, I'm not a religious person but this nun got me feeling a type of way "I'm going to shower I'll see you guys soon" I said quickly, not waiting for a response as I opened one of the doors Sheela pointed at, I shut the door and locked it behind me. 

I leaned my back against the door and let my head hit the wooden door with a thump and closed my eyes. I can't seem to catch a break.  One thing at a time, one thing at a time I told myself as I let the backpack fall to the ground, I walked straight towards the bathroom and just before I opened the bathroom door, I took my shoes off and threw my socks on the ground. 

I let out a sigh as I turned the light on, the bathroom was decent size with a toilet in the corner of the room and a freestanding shower placed right near the window. I shut the door behind me, and moved to the shower and turned on the water and let it run, the room slowly started to steam up as I walked to the sink and placed the bible on the side of the table. 

I turned the tap on, and started to take off my clothes and I was just left with a vest as I slowly undid my bun. I flinched as the strands of hair was being pulled from scalp. I massaged my scalp quickly before moving to the running water in the sink and washing my face. The warm water melted off the sludge off my face. 

I scrubbed my face a little more and turned the taps off, I ran my hand over my face took of the excess water and sniffled as I looked at my reflection in the steamed mirror. I leaned forward and wiped the steam off the mirror and looked back at the bible and used my finger to trace the cross and let out a scoff. 

"Like this will help" I mumbled to myself and looked back at the mirror, my eyes widened in fear when I saw a familiar huge figure leaning against the wall, my mouth began to dry in fear as I quickly whipped my head around to look behind me and saw nothing. My heart started o pound, as I let a shaky breath "Maybe I'm seeing things" I stumbled over my words, all this talk about evil has me imagining Roman. 

I shook my head and looked around the room once more and made sure that no one else was in the room with me. Its just in my head. It's not real. 

The sound of the water hitting the ceramic ground could be heard, ok I just need to get this done and over with. I shakily out my hands on my vest but stopped, something just didn't feel right. I let out a shaky breath and just took off the rest of my clothes and opened the glass door and let the hot water hit my body. I rolled my shoulders back, and forced my body to relax. 

Just relax, Roman  is not here. 

"Not real" I whispered under my breath, and ran a hand through my wet hair, I opened my eye and moved to pick up the shampoo but let a scream when I saw Roman standing on the other side the glass. 

A wicked smile painted those sinful lips "neposlushnaya neposlushnaya devochka" (Naughty naughty girl) 

---- 

Hope you all likes this chappie 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

596 6 33
**THIS BOOK IS ON HOLD** Check out my latest release "A Fable of Ember & Earth" Alexis was actually relieved when her parents said she would be spend...
1.9M 45.6K 35
Meet Summer the shy new girl at school. Forced to move from her childhood home where her mother was brutally murdered when she was two. After relucta...
2.9K 129 23
I look as she yells at my beta for making her friend mad, and I can't help but think about her. She is always going to be my world, no matter what. W...
29.2K 1.6K 34
COMPLETED 50,896 words ✍ ⚠ ⚠WARNING SEXUAL CONTENT IS IN THIS STORY⚠⚠ Maria was just an average girl, working at a crap job, paying o...