Fireproof [João Félix]

By Royallove5

Former best friends displaced by fate, but fate brings them back together and has so much more in store for t... More

I N T R O & P L A Y L I S T
P R O L O G U E
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y | PT.1
T W E N T Y | PT. 2
T W E N T Y O N E (B O N U S ?)
T W E N T Y T W O (B O N U S)

S I X T E E N

859 23 17
By Royallove5

"Wouldn't it be easier if I were in Portugal, you know, with the package and stuff?" I ask João when we are once again outside, now having a drink on a terrace and discussing the little clue we have discovered.

"I mean, yeah, but international break is soon, so I think you'd have to travel along with your uncle, so maybe we can sort some things out there and meet Isabella, Théo and Alexander again?" he suggests.

"Maybe they know more, or Alexander who's also your neighbour might have seen something strange with the delivery." He reasons and I nod my head. 

When we used to meet, it was always super easy for Alexander to come over to my house, as he has been my neighbour since forever. Which resulted in us sometimes having karaoke nights in the middle of the night. At his house, of course, as his parents were hardly ever home.

João and I have been hanging out together on weekends or days off for fun or to move forward in this investigation. It was very nice and apparently he's also staying tonight for a barbecue with my uncle and some other Chelsea players. Because I heard that my uncle lost a bet against Enzo and now he has to hold a barbecue for the few players who were involved. Of course Enzo caused this, who else would it be?

"What are you thinking about?" He asks, after taking a sip of his drink. "Nothing, just tonight's barbecue" I shake myself out of my thoughts and lean back in my chair. He smirks and adjusts his golden chain in the right place. "Right, kind of funny that your uncle lost again."

"Again?" I ask, curiosity invading my system. I grab my iced tea, swirl it with my straw and take a sip, eagerly awaiting his answer.

"Well, we always have this annual or monthly, I don't know, it just happens, thing with your uncle where we challenge him. And last year he had lost. He had to dress up as a woman and run a few laps around the training ground. We had a real blast." He laughs, remembering the moment and I gasp in surprise. 

That's why I found a bra and a wig hidden in the pantry.

"Oh my God, really?" They must have footage of it. If so, I need it very badly, because it could be very useful as blackmail against my uncle when we argue about who does the dishes. 

"Yeah, you must've been there" He states and again something shifts in the air. Somehow, we always end up having a good time, but then a memory of our past creeps in and spoils the mood. I feel a bit upset, I could've been there, but instead I was avoiding him. I mean, I had my reasons, but still. 

Removing my eyes from the glass I have been staring lifelessly at, I look up and swallow a nervous gulp. His brown eyes gaze intently into mine, his stare unwavering as I stare back. What are we doing? 

In a second his eyes advert to behind me and I turn around to see where João's attention has drifted off to. I see a girl, a really pretty girl and for some reason I feel my confidence slacking. Facing João again I see him slumping deeper into his chair and putting on his sunglasses.

"What's wrong?" I ask, curiosity audible in my voice. I've never seen him so... withdrawn?"

"That's uh" he looks at me, for some reason looking almost regretful and I raise my eyebrows for him to continue. "That's my ex-girlfriend."

Oh.

I sigh and sink a little in my chair. For some other reason my stomach drops and I look back at her entering the same terrace where we're sitting. Obviously João had a girlfriend here in London. I mean, have you seen him?

I'm a tiny bit annoyed that she chose this terrace, because João now feels uncomfortable. But it's not like she knew, at least I hope so, because she made no move to greet him.

"You-uh-want to leave?" I ask, now visibly seeing that it makes him uncomfortable. Perhaps they have parted on bad terms. He nods quickly and I call a waiter over. After hushed whispers, he stubbornly pays for me.

What I don't expect is that he grabs my hand as soon as we get up from our seats. He quickens his stride a little and I frown at his behaviour. "Why-"

"She's staring" he whispers through gritted teeth, looking straight ahead and not even meeting my eyes. I glance back and, oh no, she's approaching us, leaving the terrace even before she has had a chance to take a seat.

I turn back to a nervous João and give him a nudge with my arm. "Not to uh ruin your mood or anything, but she's walking behind us."

He stops dead in his tracks and sends me a perplexed look. As subtly as ever, he spins his head and his eyes widen even more, if that's even possible after seeing her. 

"Do you like running?" he asks out of the blue. I don't like where this is going.

"Wha-"

Before I can finish my sentence, he tugs at my hand, running for dear life. We run through the city like wild teenagers and I have a hard time catching up with him. He is the athlete, that doesn't mean I am.

Pushing through tourists, I apologise on behalf of João and me. If I were a tourist, I would hate people pushing through others. But this is a... special case. I shake my head at our ridiculous antics as the wind blows in my face. We run away like we stole candy and I can't help but laugh out loud at the thought of it.

Arriving in a desolate alley, we come to an abrupt stop. 

"I never said I liked running you idiot" I put my hands on my knees and try to pull myself together. It's thirty degrees and this man fancied going for a run, is he for real?

"At least we got rid of her" he mumbles and wipes some sweat from his forehead. I glare at him and lean against the cold stone wall of the alley.

"What's so bad with talking to her?" I do my best not to sound bitter and watch as he comes to stand in front of me. "I'd rather not talk about her, maybe another time." He suggests and I swallow for a moment before nodding.

He suddenly lets out a laugh and I see his eyes focused on a random spot somewhere near me "What? Is there something on my face?" I rub it randomly and João takes a step closer, a silly smile pasted on his face.

"No" He breathes out, voice hoarse from running. He takes another step closer and I want to step back but remember I'm already against the cold wall. He stands a few inches in front of me and I swallow nervously, "W-what's it then?" Shit, why did I have to stutter? He smirks at my little tremble and his hand goes up. He caresses my skin around my temple and I see a teasing glint in his eyes.

"Got it" he whispers. Got what?

He steps back to show me a leaf that got stuck in my hair and chuckles, clearly knowing what he has done to me. I narrow my eyes, but can't help but feel an embarrassing blush appear on my face.

"Right. Let's go" Clearing my throat, I walk forward. Again, he catches me off guard by lacing our hands together. I glance in the corner of my eye at his pursed lips that are trying not to lift. But he clearly fails as a grin breaks loose.

"In case we take off running again, so you can keep up with me" He reasons and I nod, not believing a single word he just uttered. "Right, so you can drag me along to everywhere you want?" I tease and he squeezes my hand, smiling to himself.

"That's the definition of a partner in crime, right querida?" I snatch his hand away from mine and shake my head in disbelief. "Is it national tease Louna day, or what?"

Despite my protest, he now wraps his arm over my shoulder and leans closer to my ear. "It's national tease Louna day, every day" he chuckles and I shove him aside, thinking he'd say something nice.

"You're unbelievably ridiculous João, you know that right?"

"Only for you querida"

A/N:

I live for this chapter. 😭 

Btw, their love is a slowburn (kinda). Now they're in the teasing phase, a little unaware of their feelings, but already knowing something is going on. And I'm incredibly sorry for the long wait, but I have to work over the holidays, finally making some money. Your bitch will no longer be broke.💅

And I randomly got into k-pop. I honestly don't know how I got there, but one thing is for sure: Stray Kids make (S-)class(y) songs. Woops-

Lots Of Love

-Camille

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.9K 108 27
What if he never came to the uk? What if I was never friends with Bri? What if.. started: 1/16/23 ended: ?
256K 4K 44
𝑰𝑵 which a normal girl moves back to portugal to see her family, but instead becomes infatuated with a certain football player. 'because, after all...
2.3K 49 45
Ivy Lewis moves up to Birmingham because her dad got promoted. She planned to just get through the last year of collage, before moving back home to B...