England's Bloody Rose

By Flytrap4534

Lydia Euphemia Potter. Daughter of Fleamont and Euphemia Potter. Heiress of the Potter fortune. One of the gr... More

Prologue
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #1
Flashbacks Chapter #1
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #2
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #3
Flashbacks Chapter #3
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #4
Flashbacks Chapter #4
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #5
Flashbacks Chapter #5
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #6
Flashbacks Chapter #6
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #7
Flashbacks Chapter #7
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #8
Flashbacks Chapter #8
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #9
Flashbacks Chapter #9
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #10
Flashbacks Chapter #10
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #11
Flashbacks Chapter #11
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #12
Flashbacks Chapter #12
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #13
Flashbacks Chapter #13
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #14
Flashbacks Chapter #14
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #15
Flashbacks Chapter #15
Mid Story Character Guide:
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #16
Flashbacks Chapter #16
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #17
Flashbacks Chapter #17
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #18
Flashbacks Chapter #18
Iolanthe Potter Chapter #19
Flashbacks Chapter #19
Iolanthe Potter: Epilogue:
Flashbacks: Epilogue:

Flashbacks Part #2

10.6K 272 6
By Flytrap4534

"Excuse me!" Benjy was astonished, "you what?!"

"I've been flirting with you since second year," Lydia deadpanned, "how did you not know is a better question."

"I-I- well," Benjy spluttered confused. He didn't think he was much of anyone compared to Sirius Black. Sure, he'd considered asking the Potter girl out, but everyone knew that she was dating Black. It seems that there was more to the connection Potter and Black have. Why him of all people though. He was a measly muggleborn compared to her illustrious legacy. His own parents couldn't love him, so how could one of Hogwarts's most stupendous students have fallen for him?

"Just come sit with Siri and I," Lydia offered, "if we're going to marry and have a kid together, we may as well react to her together."

"Sure," the older boy agreed hesitantly. He wasn't so sure he was all to comfortable with sitting near his future father-in-law. A future father-in-law who duels, hexes, and fights anyone who wrongs his daughter. And what about Black? Everyone knows Black is the best duelist of his year, his only equal being Lydia Potter herself. The fourth year is fiercely overprotective of his best friend, and Benjy wasn't so sure he'd be able to last more than five minutes in a duel. Still, if he was going to marry this girl, the least he could do is comply with her logical wish.

"Welcome to the family," Fleamont clapped the boy on the back. He approved his daughter's taste. From what his little girl told him, the boy was smart, handsome, great at quidditch, protective, kind, blah blah blah. From being trapped in this room, he could tell the boy was exactly what his daughter told. The only thing unconformed was the quidditch thing, but his daughter loved quidditch to much to falsify skill, even on her crush's behalf.

Euphemia smiled when she saw the boy her daughter loved. She could already see some of Iola's features on him, and Iola certainly received her calm demeanor from her father. There was no way that her daughter, her heart and soul, would ever be anything but a gremlin. It was only natural with how much they spoil her. 

Sirius grinned as Benjy sat next to Lydia. Lydia had been crushing on the muggleborn for a while, and Sirius was glad to see his sister getting the attention and hopefully one day, love, she deseved. Benjy was a good guy, although he was a strict prefect. That meant less pranking on his shifts, because Lyds didn't want to mess her chances up. And Sirius respected that.  

The screen shifted, and a familiar face came on. It was 2nd year Lydia.

"Sirius!" Lydia shouted, running to greet Sirius as he descended from the boy's dormitory, "good morning! Guess what I got for you!"

"What'd you get me Lyds?" Sirius yawned. He never was quite as energetic as Lydia was in the mornings.

"This beauty," Lydia opens her hand. Inside, is a small ring.

"Why are you handing me a ring at 8:30 in the morning?" Sirius asks, still not quite awake.

Suddenly, out of the ring comes a blast of water, and splashes Sirius's face. "Is that what I think it is?" a suddenly eager and mischievous Sirius Black asks.

"Oh yes it is," Lydia says eyes gleaming, "the results of all our hard work. We simply have to soak it in water, and the spell should expel all the water. It might not work very well though, because my arithmancy is subpar."

"It's wicked," Sirius rubs his hands eagerly, "is it our usual target?"

"Oh yes it is Sir Black," Lydia cackles, "Snivellous will never see it coming. That will teach him not to throw things in my cauldron!"

"I mean sure we hexed him first," Sirius laughs, "but that was only cause he was picking on that little hufflepuff."

"And just because he exists Siri," Lydia says gleefully, "his very presence irks me."

"Are you sure we shouldn't do anything more interesting?" Sirius questions, "I know some meaner spells that might make him learn his lesson."

"I don't actually want to hurt him," Lydia says , suddenly serious, "I just want to poke fun at him to get back for what he did. If he retaliates, then I'll hex him right back."

"What do you have against that poor boy?" Euphemia scolds her daughter, "I thought I've taught you better than that."

"That boy isn't so innocent Mum," Lydia says, a hint of true anger seeping in, "I've hear him multiple times condone the death eaters behavior, and attempt to mimic it in the halls. It's not as if most people don't end up hexing people in the halls at some point anyways. His issue is that I'm more popular, nicer, and not a pureblood maniac. I'll admit my own flaws gladly, and I probably take it too far most of the time. However, at least I'm not condoning and agreeing with acts of violence against strangers because of blood. That's why I'm liked despite my hexing habits, and he's not."

Lily Evans was shocked at the surprisingly rational argument her sworn enemy made. In fact, reflecting on her own behavior, she realized that the girl was normally very kind to her. She was always willing to lend out her belongings if she need something, she was always there for all the crying first years, and she made it very clear that she was accepting of muggleborns and other minorities. The only real reason she had any fight with Potter, is because Sev didn't like her. And who was she fooling at this point. Sev gave as good as he got, and has made extremely concerning comments about muggles and muggleborns. Doesn't make Potter all good though.She still jinxed people in the halls, although her jinxes were a lot friendlier than what Sev's other friends did to other people. Lily sighed, she'd have to speak to her friend about his behavior.

"If you say so Lyds," Sirius shrugged his shoulders, "let's head to breakfast." Turns out they wouldn't prank Snape that day, because a poster for quidditch tryouts was on the bulletin board.

"You think what I'm thinking Siri?" Lydia asked mischievously.

"Yes I am," Sirius said, highfiving her, "QUIDDITCH!"

The scene cuts to Sirius and Lydia standing in line to try out. "Sirius Black!" Captain and chaser Daniel McLaggen calls out.

"Good luck Siri," Lydia squeezed his shoulder, "you'll be a great beater. Besides, it's a great way to release all that pent up aggression."

The hall is completely silent, before pearls of laughter could be heard coming from every crevice of the hall. Lydia Potter had hit the mentality of almost every beater straight on the head.

"Only Euphemia's daughter could say such a thing," the Head Auror laughed.

"Should I be offended at that?" Euphemia asked sweetly.

"Of course not Euphemia," the auror's partner hastily interjected, "we could never say such a thing about your daughter."

"That's what I thought," Euphemia said gently, "I'll give you extra cookies when I bring my baked goods to the auror department."

Sirius is seen flying on his broom, and hits every bludger. He hits the last one so hard, the wooden bat gets a small crack. Sirius is a VERY angsty 12 year old boy.

"Go Siri!!" Lydia cheered on the ground. when Sirius landed, he smirked at Lydia, giving her a slight bow. After a bit of waiting, it was finally Lydia's turn. Lydia smirked. Her mother Euphemia came from a long line of quidditch players. Some of her cousins were a little too enthusiastic when teaching her to fly. Lydia rushed up on her broom swerving and catching all the balls thrown. For her finale, she swung her body off, and caught the ball one handed. She used her other arm to swerve right, and then swung her body back on to her broomstick. She then dropped to the ground, and curtsied before Sirius.

"You cheated," Sirius pouted, "you've been taught by professionals."

"Blah blah blah," Lydia chirped, "all I hear is jealousy."

The scene shifts to the night, and Lydia Potter is seen tossing and turning in her bed. She whimpers and sniffs a little, before a blood curling scream leaves her lips. Her eyes hoot open, and they're no longer their normal hazel color. They're bright silver.

If the hall hadn't been astonished by the secrets the Potter girl held. "What was that?" Regulus Black asks, his voice more full of fear than ever before.

The Potter family is surprisingly silent. They don't say a single word. They simply look at each other terrified. And Sirius Black was doing the same. Whatever that was, it was something big. Something they were never supposed to see. Something that, perhaps, is worse than the current situation.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 2K 108
________________________________________ *CURRENTLY RE-WRITING* finished by- 25/05/24 (hopefully) current re-write word count- 145,249 It's always...
13.9K 334 29
As Azkaban's icy walls closed around Sirius Black, accused of the heinous murders of James and Lily Potter, little did he know that the life of his w...
341K 4K 9
selenophilia ( n. ) lover of the moon who finds it completely captivating. ─── ο½₯ ο½‘οΎŸβ˜†: *.☽ .* :β˜†οΎŸ. ─── Venus Narcissa Black was named after her papa...