Jessa: The Adventures End

Galing kay ShelbyWinds

The armies are amassing, time is short for the defenders and their armies aren't in place. Will Jessa and tho... Higit pa

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
Epilogue 26

19

59 11 6
Galing kay ShelbyWinds

Jessa and her small group of guards arrive no more smoothly than Dhiren had at his fight. They all recover quickly and find that they are all armed and armored. They only take the time to look over and see what is needed on defense and where they will be needed the most. Jessa is able to string her bow even as she looks around. By the time her bow is ready she knows just where to shoot.

Her guards aren't far behind her on their targets and shortly word is spread that Jessa has arrived.

As the enemy dragons hear that they give frightened looks at the newly arrived group and they prepare to take off. Those that are already in the air take no time to leave. Jessa is able to take one down before they are beyond her bow range.

The guards make sure that the enemy are truly dead before they crowd around the elves giving them thanks.

"I fully expected more problems from those attacking us," Josnick tells her even as he holds a cloth to the wound on his face.

"Yeah, apparently they don't like going against me for some reason," Jessa says with a bit of a pout. She was just starting to get into the rhythm of the fight when they left.

After assuring herself that all those that are wounded are taken care of, thankfully the injuries were minor, Jessa and her guard return to Silva where they had an even nastier fight.

Jessa notices more than one dead dragon and is very impressed as she searches for her father and husband.

"Looks like you have had even more fun than I." Jessa says coming up to Dhiren and hugging him from behind. Then she goes over to her father. They had been together giving orders in the aftermath of the fight.

"Jessa," Dhiren sighs out in relief as he feels her arms around him.

"It was a bit of fun. Helped to take the anger away from this one at not being sent with you." Kallen tells Jessa amusedly.

"He's becoming more like you and your orneriness more and more." Kallen continues.

Jessa looks at her father with wide innocent eyes, "Me ornery?" She tries to hold the smile in but just couldn't keep it from spreading over her face.

"Yes, you. How did your fight go?" Kallen says even as Dhiren takes Jessa into his arms. After giving her a tight hug he releases her to look her over. Jessa doesn't mind since she's doing the same with Dhiren.

Jessa shrugs at her father's question, "It was alright. They didn't stay very long to play with me though. Looks like they wanted to play with you and Dhiren more than me. I only managed to kill one of the bastards before they flew away. Wounded a few more and the guards helped to take them out, but we only managed to kill about five of them. You all did better than us."

"They weren't expecting us to take them out on the ground. They thought we would only watch the sky." Dhiren tells her shrugging his shoulders.

Kallen snorts. "Don't let his words fool you, Jessa. He took out the first dragon himself as it was trying to sneak up on us through the woods. After that he and his guards concentrated on the land fight and the army dealt with the ones flying until the metallics arrived to help. Then we all took care of the ones trying to sneak through the woods."

"Mmmhmm," Jessa hums as she goes to look over the fallen enemy.

"None of them got close enough to use their breath weapon?" Jessa asks suspiciously since at least one of the dragons had made it's way through the border before it was killed.

"That one did, but I was the one to kill it since I have the best resistance to it." Dhiren tells her as he walks the battle scene with her leaving Kallen to direct the clean up.

Jessa takes a shaky breath before letting it out once more. He was right, he was the one least likely to be harmed by the breath weapon of the green dragons, but that he was that close and personal with one of them makes her more than a little- she doesn't dare finish that thought. It wouldn't be fair to Dhiren. He's had to watch her be even more up close and personal with the dragons and dragon kin. Not that long ago he had to watch as she took on one of the oldest of the dragons not knowing if she would survive. Not to mention what happened to her years ago.

"I must say, everyone did an excellent job here." She kept to herself that she hadn't expected them to do nearly as well as they did.

The elves that are nearest to her smile at her praise. Jessa doesn't give praise unless it is well deserved. Those that didn't hear what she said would be told and there will be a celebration held later.

After orders are given the three leaders and their guards return to the palace to continue with the plans that were interrupted before.

Food is brought in and they take a break long enough to eat and work out some of the kinks from bending over the table.

Mel finds her as she is just finishing up. "Jessa, Alaric says that there are chromatic dragons attacking Castlerock."

Jessa loses any relaxation she has managed to find and is fully alert. Before she can even say anything she and her guard are brought to Castlerock to help fight off the attack.

"Welcome back to Castlerock, Jessa." King Sy says even as he lets loose an arrow at a darting dragon.

"Thank you, Sy. It's so nice of you to allow me to come play with you at this time." Jessa tells him with a grin even as she lets loose her own arrow. She watches pleased as the dragon she hits falls to the ground. The impact makes them all fight to keep their balance, but the dragons don't take the time to attack, they are too busy flying away from the deadly arrows of Jessa and her group and the metallic dragons that want to come and play with them too.

Sy takes his eyes off the enemy to give an incredulous look at his cousin before the enemy demands his attention once more.

Finally the metallic dragons are able to chase off the chromatic ones and the defenders are able to relax and start on cleaning up the mess and taking care of the wounded. 

KIng Sy graciously offers Jessa and her entourage a chance to clean up and eat before they are to return to Silva.

Mel talks to her before she says anything. Once he finishes Jessa turns her attention once more to her cousin. "I and my guard would be honored to accept your invitation Sy. Just a bit of warning my grandfather will be showing up sooner or later." She says that last bit with a grimace. She's still not too thrilled with him about abdicating once the fighting is over with.

Sy swallows hard even as he acknowledges her words. He still finds the ancient gold dragon more than a little awe inspiring and isn't comfortable in his presence.

In short order, Jessa and her guards are taken to rooms where they are able to clean up and have fresh clothing supplied to them. They refuse to relinquish their weapons and just clean them off as they keep them close.

Once every one is cleaned up they are ushered to King Sy's war room. But there is a buffet of foods set to the side and they are told to take whatever they wish. The elves are all pleased to see that there are  several elven dishes among the rest. "I heard that there was a human in the bazaar that makes elven food that was acceptable to even Dhiren's taste. So I had some of her food brought here, I hope you will enjoy it." Sy tells them even as the elves eye the food hungrily but more than a little warily. At the king's words they all relax and take healthy helpings of the food. They are all pleased to see some of the sweet rolls that Jessa got them all hooked on.

They eat as rapidly as manners would allow since they didn't know when they might be called upon to fight again either here or back in Silva.

Jessa, being nearly overcome in curiousity since she hasn't had a chance to talk to her cousin since she found out the information demands, "Did you know that we are cousins by blood?"

Sy had just scooped up some food onto his fork when she said this and drops the food in shock. "We're what?"

"We're cousins. Apparently your mother was my mother's sister. At least that's what Jethro told me."

"Jethro told you this?" Sy says his voice going up an octave as he speaks.

"Yep, before the war started, just before I left actually. He also asked the Ancient One if he could make you a gold dragon once the war ends, if you wish it."

Sy's appetite just vanishes with her words. "You've got to be kidding me?

Jessa takes a bit of her food and swallows before replying. "Nuh uh, because you were able to survive the blood bond we made, it made it so you would be able to handle the transformation to become a gold dragon. Don't worry, I won't let either of them bully you into becoming one of us if you don't desire it."

"You're serious, Jethro offered me to become a dragon?"

"Yes, but there is a great deal of pain involved, far more than what you suffered when you took the bonding with me. There is a good chance that the pain will be too much and you won't make it. Dhiren barely made it and that was with me being his anchor."

Sy doesn't know how he should feel he's so overwhelmed by the information. 

Jessa seeing his response now feels contrite. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have just dumped that on you. But if you are anything like me you need time to process big things like life changing events."

"Y-yes, I need time to think this over." Sy says and then resumes eating, tasting none of it.

"Jessa, what did you do to poor Sy now?" Alaric says coming into the room and seeing how white the king had become.

"Nothing, I just told him what Jethro and the Ancient One have said. Nothing that has anything to do with you." Jessa lets a bit of her hostility she feels towards her grandfather out.

"Jessa-" Alaric starts growling out but at Jessa's look he stops.

"Is there anything you need me here for?" Jessa demands of her grandfather at the shake of his head she then requests that he send her and her people back to Silva before he starts talking with Sy.

Within minutes Jessa is back in the throne room and she and those with her hurry to find Dhiren and the king and queen.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

74 3 9
Voldemort's winning, Sirius is dead, and Y/N's lost almost everything. With her parents gone and her friends understanding so little of her, Sparks i...
301K 7.1K 28
Book Five in the Alex Swan series. ______________ Not Edited ______________ Welcome to Breaking dawn part 2. ...
142K 2.4K 24
update: some chapters have been unpublished, so there may be gaps in the story This is just a small free-write thing that I am doing. Demigods from...
1.5K 36 19
𝙡𝙞𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙠 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙞𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙙 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛 𝙖𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖 𝙙𝙚𝙢𝙞𝙜𝙤𝙙. 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦, 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘵...