The Brutal Beast ✔️

By laughingpearls

I tried to get away from his dangerous grip but it got more tighter. I gave up fighting and his artistic hand... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
Part 61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
Part 87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98 (18+)
99
Epilogue
Epilogue 2.0
Epilogue 2.0 Continuation

Part 32

1.2K 114 98
By laughingpearls

Hey Pearlies, thank you very much for your votes, comments, and adding this book to your reading lists. A special shoutout to prayasha  siaramchandra   kshama001  mayamadhuvanthi  HPfan21forever  isharai16  KusumLataMalik  for your lovely comments.

 ...

I know he is an evil person and I know that he would not hesitate to kill anyone but somehow I wanted all to be wrong. I don't want to trust my ears who heard that he would kill me as soon as he found out that I stole the map. But there is no going back after all I am at the Boss' house and I am a mere member of his territory if not my status as Manik Malhotra, the Boss's possession. 

I still lay on my bed pretending to sleep so that Manik would not disturb me. Earlier I felt sleepy but now I am done with all the rest. I want to protect myself and run away from this place. This time I don't care if anyone needs to know my identity or if my parents get their justice. I understood that I am playing with the fire and I have to be careful. There's no point in trying to bring Manik to his sense about his murder hobby, and if I even think about it I can clearly imagine myself getting shot like that innocent man down the alley. 

I heard Manik's footsteps into the bedroom and I shut my eyes as tight as possible. He walked into the room and locked the bedroom door while speaking on his phone. I slowly peeked from my eyelashes out of curiosity and saw him throwing his jacket on the floor. Yeah, now that Manik killed his special laundry man who will look after his clothes? Manik should have thought that before proceeding with his act. Actually, he will be replaced by some other worker as this monster has no emotion. My thoughts came to an end as soon as I heard the clicking sound of the gun. 

Manik locked his gun and went towards his huge painting in the room. Will shoot his painting or admire it like a self-centered man? But his next movement shocked me to the core. Manik twisted the lion's head in the painting and opened a secret door from the painting.

What the hell? 

All these days I was thinking it was just a painting but it is a secret locker! Manik kept his gun inside it and closed the door which made it look like a flawless painting once again. How many more secrets should I know before my head can explode? 

Manik started removing his vest and throwing it down on his way to take a shower and retire his night. I need a second to swallow this new revelation. That scary painting of himself is his secret locker which I am pretty sure nobody except him knows.

 My body felt sore lying on the bed all day without sleeping and I badly need to move. But what if Manik doesn't agree to it? Wait, from when did I listen to Manik anyways? This is my life and I have all the right to live it. 

I slowly rose up from the bed and tightened the robe on my body securing it in the place. I felt irritated finding the used jacket on the floor. No matter how weak I feel I am still a princess and I do not tolerate untidiness. I picked Manik's jacket from the floor with my toes and threw it in the laundry basket. It's literally a few feet away and the dude got ego issues! I opened the door leading to the garden and took small steps enjoying the calm atmosphere. It was nice to feel the nature after staying inside the room all day. This is the only place that did not make me feel like a prisoner, surprisingly as days passed this garden started looking a lot like the one at my home. Only my ducks are missing!

"Nandini!" I heard someone whispering my name. I tried to look around in the dark but could find nobody. 

"Nandini!" The second time it was successful in spotting Harshad who mingled into the shadows of the pillars.

 "Harshad. What are you doing here?" I questioned him. 

"Uh... I was thinking about your health. Are you okay?" 

"I don't know. This is so much for me in a single day, Harshad! I never saw anyone dying or sick all my life and thanks to your brother it became an everyday scenario for me."

Harshad sighed. "I am sorry on behalf of my monster brother. I can't understand how he was born into such a noble and decent family like us. Sometimes I doubt if he is the real Malhotra." 

I felt sad for Harshad. The poor man is getting the end just because Manik behaves like a monster. Every innocent person around him is getting hurt and he is turning blind towards it. "I am afraid about my life Harshad. I heard Manik promising Cabir that he will kill me as soon he will find proof that I stole the map." 

Harshad rolled his eyes at me. "Manik and killing you? That's a good joke."

I frowned at his words. "Why is that a joke? You should've stayed in the room and listened to their conversation, then you would know how my life was under threat!" 

"Sorry, I did not mean in that way. I know you are walking on eggshells every day." Harshad looked at the floor. 

"Exactly! Even now I am surprised to see Manik's painting in the room is not a painting but a secret safe where he is storing his gun. I am afraid he might shoot me while I am sleeping in the room." I held my head in pain.

"Painting in his room?"

"Yes. You might not believe me but it's true. Even I thought it was a normal painting but it's not. Please help me run away from here Harshad." I pleaded with him.

"So, where is the key for that locker?" He questioned not listening to my other words.

"There is no key. Manik turned the lion's head in the painting and the door popped open." I explained. 

Harshad might think I am dumb now as there is no way a painting can turn into a door. "Say something, Harshad. Please don't be quiet."

Harshad cleared his throat. "Actually, you have to do something."

"What?"

"First promise me that you will do it, Nandini. The thing you are about to do will save your life as well as my life too. In fact, it might even prevent Manik from killing others." Harshad paused. "It's unfair that I am getting into the mess just by helping you. You gave me the map so that I could locate your mansion but Manik will kill me just because I helped you. So, forget it."

I feel so bad for Harshad. It is true that he came into this mess just because of me. I should have fought alone instead of dragging everyone into this situation. I can't imagine Harshad dying in the hands of Manik just like the worker. "Please tell me what to do Harshad. I would do anything if it can save people from getting killed by Manik." 

He shook his head. "No. I don't want to get at risk."

I joined my palms together in prayer and requested him once again. "Trust me, I would save you with all my life. Even if I get caught your name would not come out and I will take all the blame. Please, tell me what to do." 

Harshad closed his and took a moment to think. "Wait for a second, I will be back." He went inside the mansion leaving me alone in the garden. He came back running towards me in a second with a small, black box. "Please do not break my trust, Nandini. You have to replace this magazine with Manik's in the locker."

"Magazine? So that he can get a new hobby of reading magazines, and newspapers and turn into a saint, am I right? After all, books are man's best friend." I clapped with happiness. "But why is this magazine so dark like metal?"

Harshad hit his head with his palm. "This magazine is different from the one you are thinking! This magazine is loaded with bullets while yours is with shit."

"Oh!" I smiled sheepishly. "If we replace this magazine with his what is the difference? Manik still have them na? What's your plan?"

"Manik always checks his gun before locking and unlocking it. So, we can't empty his gun as it will raise suspicion. We shall replace his original magazine with this magazine of dummy bullets. In this way, if he checks the bullets they are still there but of no use." He smiled. "Even if he aims at someone, that person won't die. Nandini, you are a lifesaver."

 I had a genuine smile after a long time. Finally, a good thing to do. I took the magazine from him and thanked Harshad with all my heart. I hid the magazine in the thick robe and walked back to the bedroom. 

I could still hear the shower running which means Manik was still in the bathroom and I had some time to replace it. I tiptoed towards the painting and gulped looking at the realistic, life-sized painting of Manik. It felt so real as if he was standing in front of me and my hands shivered as I am about to commit a crime. 

I slowly twisted the lion's head the same way Manik did in the morning and a small door popped open. I looked for the magazine inside the locker and replaced it with the one Harshad gave me. I hid the original magazine inside the robe and was about to shut the door but something caught my eye.

 Photos!

 In the mafia world, it's very rare to have photos. Nobody owns a camera and it's considered illegal, so only the highest officials get to have photos taken by professional photographer. In fact, I had only one photo of my 18th birthday ceremony which also marked my entry into the mafia family as a princess. So, I am curious to see what's inside this huge bunch of photos that are kept hidden in the locker. 

They are almost 20 photos! Damn, his luxury!

The first photo was of a woman, a man, and a toddler. The woman resembled Niyonika and I can guess the toddler was Manik and the man was Manik's father. They looked so beautiful together. The second photo was of three teenage boys, one of them was Manik, the other was Harshad and I have never seen the third boy. Is he the dead brother of Manik? I can't remember his name!

I was lost in the moment as I kept seeing more photos that explained his life. There was a photo of the lady boss, Aliya, and Manik's brother who was dead. They were exchanging engagement rings and looked so happy. Wait! Aliya is engaged to Manik's brother? Then why are they getting married? Did they kill him so that these two could get married? I don't know if it's a possibility which we can agree. 

The most surprising photo here is my 18th birthday party photo. Why does Manik have them? Even I don't have these photos. It was a photo of my father, Manik's father, and me. This photo is so precious as both our fathers are no longer in this world. I kept the other photos back in the locker as I gently ran my fingers over the photo. My eyes got moist looking at my father after a long time, I don't remember what happened at that party or who took this photo but I am thankful for anyone who took it. I could see my father again. 

A sob escaped my mouth as the emotions filled me. But something struck my mind in a flash looking at the photo. I, Nandini Murthy was standing next to my father, the head of the Murthy Mafia, Mr. Murthy, and the Mafia Boss Mr. Shrikanth Malhotra. This alone is proof that I am the real Nandini Murthy who was arranged to get married to Mr. Malhotra's son. Finally, I got my identity. I no longer need to live under anyone's shadow because I am Princess Nandini Murthy. 

"So, you are awake!" I jumped in my place hearing Manik's voice a few feet behind me.

...

Precap

How is the update?

Now that Nandini got proof what will happen?

Manik saw her opening the secret locker what will he do?

What is happening in the precap?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 52 22
A tale of two sorrowful souls who crossed paths due to a trivial coincidence. His eyes will forever ravish her, his lips will leave eternal marks an...
364K 17.7K 40
Manik Malhotra invested each second of his life making money as for him it was the key to dominance and power...a man with a brain bit no emotions! N...
1.1M 49.7K 47
manan + dark story.. . 18+ ( mature content) .. Lust to true love .. its a story how innocent Angel changes monster Glimpse Manik - wo girl kon hai...
58.3K 3.2K 30
"I hate you...!" I gasped in a broken tone yet acting as strong. "You will hate me more, I promise I will make your everyday hell!" He warned in a na...