RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.2) (M...

By ZANE_555

Here is the second volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this fanfic is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fi... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 29

311 11 2
By ZANE_555

(Beacon, Team JNPR's Dorm Room)

Jaune is sleeping soundly with the rest of his team for their mission.

Jaune: "Mmm... Waffles..."

Suddenly, he gets a call on his scroll, making him wake up. Slowly, Jaune tries grab his scroll and once he did, he finds that it's Ruby calling him. He goes to answer it.

Jaune: "Hello, Ruby?"

Ruby: "Ja-"

However, the call is too distorted and garbled to make up what Ruby is trying to say. 

Jaune: "Uh, Ruby? Hello?"

After six seconds of garbled noises, the call ends, leaving the blonde boy incredibly confused and somewhat worried. 

Jaune: "What the heck?"

Nora: "Mmm... Pancakes..."

________________________________________________________________________________

(Ozpin's Office)

Glynda is helping coordinate the huntsmen going to Mountain Glenn with Ozpin. After doing that, Glynda turns to Ozpin.

Glynda: "Headmaster, I got a distress call from Miss Rose, but the call is distorted. What's that about?"

The headmaster is gazing upon the holographic screen in front of him, visibly troubled. He then quickly looks back at her.

Ozpin: "Tell the huntsmen to quadruple their efforts to get to Mountain Glenn. I believe that Oobleck and our 'scouts' are struggling at this point."

Glynda: "Very well."

The blonde woman quickly gets to work on her scroll, calling the huntsmen heading to Mountain Glenn.

Glynda: ("I never seen the headmaster so... troubled before.")

________________________________________________________________________________

(Vale's Police Station)

Team SSSN (Season) is bunking and sleeping inside the police department's sleeping quarters while on their first mission. Sharing the place with them is Team CRDL, who snagged the same mission since there were eight slots to fill. The crime wave of dust robberies from the White Fang and Torchwick has really left the police short in staffs. Safe to say, the sleeping quarter they're in is segregated down the middle between the two teams. Especially since the two teams don't exactly get along since they started doing this mission and Team SSSN know about Cardin's constant bullying towards their friends, especially with Jaune and Y/N.

The two sleeping teams were suddenly woken up by the call from Sun's scroll. The only person still asleep is Sun. Grunting and grumbling by the ringing noise, Cardin is the first to speak.

Cardin: "Hey! Monkey Boy! Answer your damn call!"

Scarlet: "His name is Sun, jackass!"

Cardin: "Oh, whatever! It's thanks to him that we're all awake now!"

Sage: "Shut it, Cardin!"

Soon enough, Scarlet and Sage stare dagger at Cardin along with his team as the bully team leader does the same. Groaning, Neptune gets out of his bunk bed and tries shaking Sun a little.

Neptune: "Sun. Sun, wake up."

Sun doesn't wake up, making Neptune sigh as he goes to take his scroll to see that Ruby is trying to call Sun. He decides to answer it himself as he sees his two teammates bickering at Cardin and his team.

Neptune: "Hello, Ruby?"

The only response he gets from the call is garbled noises, barely hearing Ruby's voice. After a few seconds of distortion and garbling, the call ends, leaving the blue-haired guy utterly confused. After standing there for a moment, Neptune begins shaking the bunk bed he and Sun were sleeping in. 

Neptune: "Sun! Wake up!"

This makes Sun to finally wake up.

Sun: "W-What? What's going on?"

After that, Neptune goes to confront his still-bickering teammates and Team CRDL.

Neptune: "Guys! Knock it off!"

All eyes fall to Neptune, who is still holding on to Sun's scroll.

________________________________________________________________________________

(Beacon, Team CVFY's Dorm Room)

The team of upperclassmen are too tired and bleary-eyed to go answer the call from Coco's scroll. 

Coco: "Velvet... get my scroll..."

Velvet: "G-Got it..."

As the bunny Faunus slowly get her teammate's scroll, the rest of her team steadily try to get up from their beds. With the scroll in her hand, Velvet sees that it's Ruby, trying to call. She goes to answer the call.

Velvet: "Hello, Ruby?"

Once more, the call is too distorted and garbled to understand. However, Velvet and the rest of her team pick up the sounds of people other than Ruby. They can also hear Oobleck shouting something and hear multiple gunfire. Velvet comments on this.

Velvet: "Those gunfire... they're not from Ruby or the others..."

As she said this, Coco, Fox, and Yatsu all look at each other with concern, doing their best to be fully wake up with Coco stating.

Coco: "We should go... and find Miss Goodwitch."

________________________________________________________________________________

(Outside of Beacon)

Team JNPR are heading off inside of the Bullhead at dawn to their mission. Ren and Nora are talking about the upcoming mission while Jaune and Pyrrha discussed their training on the rooftop last night.

Jaune: "Gods, even when Y/N's not here, that was still some intense training."

Pyrrha: "That's probably why you've been making such massive strides in your training."

Jaune: "Yeah, I guess so..." 

Jaune is still pondering over that garbled-up scroll call from Ruby, which his teammates take notice.

Pyrrha: "I'm sure they're fine, Jaune."

Jaune: You think?

Nora: "Eh, don't sweat it..."

Ren: "Team RWBY and Y/N has always performed exceptionally in the field. We should be focusing on our own mission."

Nora: "Yeah! Besides, we're gonna be deputies!"

Jaune: "I guess... I just got this feeling... I don't know."

Pyrrha: "Jaune..."

Suddenly, alarms ring out throughout the city before being quickly echoed by Beacon's own alarms. The team then look out at the city to see it up in smoke and a small clutch of Nevermores begin soar around the city.

Jaune: "You don't think..."

Pyrrha: "The chances are low... but destiny can have crazier ideas..."

After a few moments of gazing at the city, Jaune soon get his teammates' attention.

Jaune: "Alright, we're changing our mission. Everyone on board!"

As the team heads toward their Bullhead, Jaune does a headcount before he catches Ren by the shoulder.

Jaune: "Ren, we'll make it to that village another time."

Ren: "I know."

They soon get inside of the Bullhead as Jaune speak to the pilot.

Jaune: "Take us into the city!"

As their Bullhead takes off to the city, Mercury, Emerald, and Cinder watches the airship fly off nearby. Emerald soon turns to Mercury.

Emerald: "Hey... You don't think..."

Mercury: "Sure looks like it."

Emerald: "But it started way too early."

Mercury: "Seems like half of the operation went sideways."

The guy turns to face Cinder, who is still dressed up as a teacher.

Mercury: "So? What do we do?"

Cinder is pondering to herself, visibly displeased by this turn of events. After taking a breath, she smirks before replying back to them.

Cinder: "Oh, I think there is a way we can make this work."

Emerald: "How?"

Cinder: "I'll tell you two along the way. For now, follow me."

Emerald looks back at Mercury which he just shrugs before the three paces towards another Bullhead.

________________________________________________________________________________

(The City of Vale

In the middle of Vale's town square, Team RWBY+Y/N are surrounded on all sides by a near unending horde of Grimm. Beyond them, the rest of the Grimm are now chasing and attacking civilians from every direction. For Y/N, his eyes widen as he witnesses the chaos before him, hearing nothing but screams and roars everywhere. 

Y/N: ("Not again... Not again...")

He begins to grip Grimm Slayer tightly, glancing at the sword before looking back. The mess of moving black, white, and red began to circle him and his team as the surviving White Fang members prepare to attack them. Weiss yell her teammates over the growing noises of growls, snarls, and screams. 

Weiss: "What do we do?!"

Ruby quickly looks around at the situation before her, seeing civilians running for their lives and facing the Grimm and surviving White Fang members. Swiftly, she takes out her scythe and goes in a battle stance.

Ruby: "We take down as many as we can! Buy time for the civilians to evacuate!"

They all share quick look before nodding to each other before staring down at their opposition.

Y/N: "On it."

A King Taijitu unleashes a might roar, signaling the swarm of Grimm to attack. Ruby is the first to start the fight, using her speed to swiftly slice through multiple Grimm, tearing their legs, arms, and chests. She then plants Cresent Rose on the ground before kicking away the Grimm. Those Grimm that was kicked off their feet were instantly sliced and diced by Y/N with his blade.

Y/N: ("Mine... They're all mine!")

Weiss remained on the elevated position she and her team began on, letting the Grimm charge at her rather charging at them head-on. She expertly struck them down, using her glyphs to keep her speed up so she could dart around and deal with the oncoming tide of Grimm and White Fang. The heiress twirl around like a ballerina between her opponents and penetrating their chests with her rapier before moving on to the next.

This was going well for the heiress until a Grimm manage to get a lucky shot at her, disrupting her glyphs as the wave of Grimm just kept coming. With her position now swarmed, she uses her glyphs to escape, getting on top of a turned over car for a moment's rest. Some of the White Fang members try to charge after Weiss before an explosion pushes them back. She slowly turns her head to see Oobleck with his weapon at hand.

Weiss: "Thank you... Oobleck..."

Oobleck: "Rest up for a bit."

Blake is executing a well-timed hit and run strategy, luring the Grimm and White Fang in one place only to cut and shoot them down in the next, thanks to her semblance. She dodges left and right from all the swiping, swinging, and biting before retreating into the shadow again. This continued on until Blake realizes her mistake. She had become complacent in this type of combat, learning just now that she had cornered herself against the wall as the Grimm block her path. With no moves left to fight, she looks to her other option, looking above her to see a pole, which held a torn-up banner. 

Blake: ("Time to go up...")

Using the last of her dust she made an ice clone of herself just at the nick of time from Grimm's swings for her. Blake then uses the ribbon part of her weapon, she caught the pole, swinging upwards, narrowly landing on the pole. She was trapped against the building, balancing on top of the pole, but she's temporarily safe for now to take a rest.

Yang got into the thick of the fight, blasting the Grimm apart with a barrage of punches in every angle. The Grimm kept pouring in like a flood, but Yang continues to hold her own against the Grimm with bullets and punches. One punch, one blast, a Grimm goes down. She does it to multiple Grimm she can manage to kill. Occasionally, a Grimm would land a vicious blow that would only add to her power as her semblance activated meaning she took the Grimm down with increased vigor. However, the constant fighting was taxing on her physical state and her ammunition. Both of her resources are depleting faster than she can admit. It only came about when she went to blast a Grimm's head off and her gauntlet made a loud click as it failed to fire. 

Yang: "Ah, crap..."

Soon enough, the odds that she had enjoyed facing began to overwhelm her, making her pull back as the Grimm continues to try claw and bite her. 

Unable to hold off the Grimm and the remaining White Fang any longer, Ruby jumped upwards and shot her Crescent Rose, propelling her further and towards Weiss, who is happy to see backup flying towards her. Blake and Yang saw this and both made redoubled efforts to rejoin their teammates and Oobleck. Yang punches her way through the Grimm and Blake jump from the pole onto the head of one of the Grimm before bouncing from head-to-head forward. The four girls are rejoiced at their reunion before the overwhelming sound of the Grimm draw their attention again, while Oobleck continues fighting them off.

Weiss: "Wait, where's Y/N?"

They soon spot Y/N, using Grimm Slayer and slashing through the Grimm in every direction. His red eyes focus on the Grimm rather than them as with a single swing, he manages to push back several Grimm, making them fall on top of the other Grimm before slicing and dicing and shooting them with one of his pistols. 

Y/N: ("Die... Die... Die... All of you must die...!")

His team are taken aback by the appearance of his red eyes only to be relieved to see him alive and kicking until they quickly look back at their team leader. 

Yang: "Ruby, what do we do?"

Ruby ponders to herself for a bit before replying back.

Ruby: "Yang! Blake! Make sure they don't get close. Weiss, you speed them with your glyphs! I'll cover you all and try to take out as many as I can with Y/N! I want their focus on us and away from the civilians!"

The large-scale fight begins to wear on everyone's nerves. Suddenly, the Lieutenant emerges from the train wreckage, letting out a battle cry. His troops are glad that he managed to be alive only for the angered Lieutenant snaps back at them.

White Fang Lieutenant: "All units! Keep fighting them!"

The masked man is breathing heavily, practically seething that his operation has been foiled by some kids, their teacher, a dog. Most of his troops listen to his order. Some of them, however, are too scared to continue fighting, making them flee from the battle.  Despite their running, some of them get attacked by the Grimm as they desperately try to fend them off before getting overwhelmed. The Lieutenant watches them flee and get attack by the Grimm, becoming more enraged.

White Fang Lieutenant: "Cowards!!!"

As he shouts, the masked man goes to turn on his chainsaw and head straight towards Team RWBY+Y/N and Oobleck with his troops following behind. Ruby speaks to her team once more, staring down at the approaching White Fang.

Ruby: "Just stick to the plan, guys!"

Her teammates nod to her as they start fighting once more with Ruby propel herself to where Y/N is at before stabbing her scythe into the ground and begin to spin around and kick every Grimm near her. The focused, red-eyed Y/N was a little surprised to see Ruby.

Y/N: "Ruby...?"

Ruby: "Let's take care of this. Together."

Y/N soon smirks at her before the two stands back-to-back at the approaching Grimm. 

Y/N: "Sure thing, Rubes."

 Blake and Yang moves very quickly as they cut down the horde, their efforts increased by the energy and strength by Weiss, who had stabbed her rapier into the ground to better focus on her allies, while Oobleck protect her from any nearby Grimm and White Fang, especially with the Lieutenant. They gave it their all and for a brief moment, they were winning. Until a giant King Taijitu darted through the swarm of Grimm, slithering silently around the perimeter of the team's defense, it's attention towards Ruby and Y/N. Before anyone could register it, Ruby saw the looming shadow and quickly turn, putting all her energy into one swing that might save her and Y/N, who is busy with the other Grimm. 

Ruby: "Look out!"

Y/N glances back to see the King Taijitu and his team leader missing her swing against it. The giant snake prepares to attack at Ruby. Upon seeing this, Y/N's eyes widen as he quickly tries to block the snake's attack, heading towards Ruby.

Y/N: "Ruby!!!"

Until he and Ruby spot Nora, flying towards the King Taijitu with her hammer as she shouts.

Nora: "Nora Smash!"

As she said this, Nora flips her hammer and slam it on the snake's head, killing it and its body crashing down on the ground. Ruby and Y/N had the sense to jump away from the crashing dead snake with Nora standing on top of its corpse. Team RWBY+Y/N withdrew from the frantic horde of Grimm as Yang is overjoyed to see Nora."

Yang: "Nora!? 

Nora hops off the disintegrated giant snake to meet her friends.

Nora: "Yup! And not just me!"

The ginger-haired girl points to a road to show the rest of Team JNPR, rushing towards their direction. 

Pyrrha: "Mind if we cut in?"

Ruby: "Not at all."

Y/N: "I'm... so glad you guys show up."

Jaune: "Don't sweat it, pal."

They all nod as Team JNPR charge in.

Nora: "Smack!"

She bats a Creep away while Ren strikes down two more. He moves on to slash at a Beowolf. With a mighty laugh, Nora leap into the fray, slamming her hammer to create a crater in the ground and splattered the Grimm on impact, while pushing the rest away along with the White Fang.

Ren was darting between the different targets like a ninja, firing shots into them, weakening them, and peeling them away as any remaining Grimm and White Fang members are dealt with by the tired Team RWBY+Y/N.

Pyrrha was dancing through the horde, being untouchable as she speared, slashed, and shot her way through the numerous Grimm. Y/N quickly look at her fight before focusing with his own fight, smirking.

Y/N: ("Looks like those pointers I gave her paid off.")

Jaune was left with nothing to fight and goes to test his new "skills" on. He then let out a frustrated cry.

Jaune: "Okay, who's first?"

Jaune turns around to notice a giant Ursa standing behind him. Pyrrha is busy fighting several Grimm nearby, impaling a Beowolf, and then a Creep before seeing the Ursa advance on Jaune. Behind him Weiss and Blake are fighting more Grimm with Yang, Ruby, and Y/N doing their best to fight the Grimm off.

Jaune: "Oh-oh-okay, you're first, huh? Okay, no, that's fine. Totally fine, done this before, done this before..."

With a mighty scream, Jaune slashes the Ursa several times before it falls. Jaune is joyful to see that he managed to kill a Grimm. Pyrrha and Y/N smiles, as they notice his improvement. After a couple of minutes of fighting and pushing the Grimm away a bit, Oobleck eventually approach Team RWBY+Y/N and Team JNPR, getting their attention.

Oobleck: "I applaud for impeccable timing, Team JNPR. But all of us must escape while we still can."

Ruby: "What? About stopping the Grimm?"

Y/N: "Yeah. We can't let these 'things' run rampant here." ("Or live for that matter.")

Shaking his head, Oobleck elaborates further.

Oobleck: "I'm afraid this portion of the city is a lost cause. We need to cut it off before the Grimm can spread much further. We'll planned to retake it at a later point."

All of the students were reluctant to retreat back, especially with Y/N, clenching his fists and tightening his grip on Grimm Slayer. After a moment of silence, they all nod in agreement to their teacher.

At this point, a majority of Vale's civilians, human and Faunus, are escaping from the city to avoid the chaos and carnage the Grimm are causing. Among the fleeing crowd, are Roman and Neo, who are doing their best to run away. The crime boss look to find an empty alley as he quickly grabs Neo's arm, leading her there.

Roman: "Neo! Over here!"

Soon enough, the two criminals are taking breather as the Grimm are busy chasing the massive crowd of panicking and running civilians. 

Roman: "Okay, Neo. All we have to do is escape and hope for the-"

The moment he turns around, Emerald and Mercury emerge from the alley, much to their surprise.

Emerald: "What the hell happened to the plan, Torchiwick?"

Mercury: "You, Darius, and the Lieutenant started too early."

The man blinks before slowly approaching them with Neo behind.

Roman: "Look runts, you can chastise me all you want, but we don't have time for this. We need to leave before the Grimm-"

His words and movement are interrupted by Mercury stopping him in place.

Mercury: "You and pipsqueak over there don't have a choice. Answer the question, Torchwick."

Neo glares at the gray-haired guy as Roman let out a sigh before replying.

Roman: "It's those same meddling kids again. And just like last time, they got involved somehow and mess the plan up."

Emerald and Mercury are both not happy to hear his answer, especially since Y/N is one of this "meddling kids." 

Cinder: "Is that so?"

Mercury and Emerald turn their heads behind them as all eyes fall to the approaching Cinder. 

Roman gives a fake smile upon seeing her.

Roman: "H-Hey. Haven't seen you in a while. How's being a professor treating you?"

Cinder: "It's going rather well. Especially now I've gotten in contact with 'him.'"

 As she said this, Cinder walks past her two accomplices before standing before Roman, who realize that she's referring to Y/N.

Cinder: "There's only one way you can help us after all of this."

A bit confused, Roman slowly responds.

Roman: "Okay... how?"

A smirk form on Cinder's face. 

Cinder: "To be a 'permanent distraction' for us."

Roman and Neo share a look of confusion over Cinder's remark with that smirk not leaving her face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

359K 331 3
RWBY does not belong to me, all rights belong to it's creator Monty Oum and is distributed by Rooster Teeth. Record of Ragnarok does not belong to me...
8.8K 270 47
Here is the fifth volume of this fanfiction I'm doing. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic I'm doing is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing R...
156K 3.5K 71
he's here, he's there, he's everywhere, who ya gonna call? your cat friend Y/n! ( I don't RWBY or any pictures in this fanfiction)
21.9K 272 39
[UNDER HEAVY REVISION] Hey, Atlas here. I'm currently rewriting this story. As such, the original description no longer applies, so I put it down at...