Ma Neteyam

By _watuluv_9

Enemies to Lovers Neteyam story... NETEYAMx OC...just give it a try trust meπŸ˜‹ Forgive me if I get languages... More

The Trauma
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
Characters
16
Transaltions:
17
18
19
20
21
22
Characters pt.2
23
24
25
26

6

926 19 22
By _watuluv_9

May Eywa give her strength so she doesn't murder anyone tomorrow.

The minute Vareya finally managed to get the stupid forest boy out of her hut, she ended up eating an entire basket of skate fish that she had smoked the night before.

Anger boiled inside her as she imagined she was digging her fangs into his arms instead of the fish, and ripping the flesh right off.

Vareya had attacked him, and although she knew she was sloppy because rage and annoyance clouded her mind, she still shouldn't have let him beaten her so easy.

What angered her even more was that she knew he wasn't actually trying to hurt her and still made Vareya look weak.

With no weapon, she herself was defenseless and useless. Vareya was strong, she'd give herself that much, but he was able to prove that without a weapon, all her strength disperses.

After eclipse, she laid to rest but couldn't. Her skin felt jittery and her chest felt tight and compressed. Vareya stood with a groan, pacing around her hut anxiously.

With every break of a branch, noise from the creatures of the night, distant thunder, and water droplets that began to fall on Pandora- her ears perched up and her body tensed.

Vareya never had to worry about anyone daring to come, let alone near her hut, but now all she can imagine is him somehow finding his way up again.

She did everything possible to make sure getting inside her home wasn't easy, yet he had found a way.

Luckily she had heard him coming and hid herself just in time, holding on to the exterior of her marui before jumping on him.

Conveniently, he was close enough to her weapon rack that she was able to grab her hunting knife before threatening him.

Vareya was going to do it, she was. Ready to cut his throat and watch him bleed out, let his demon blood family suffer in his absence.

He had followed her, stuck his nose in her life, then dares to return and seek for answers. Deciding to voice the pathetic excuse of ' just wanting to talk' with his stupid accent.

Vareya was ready to make him pay for daring to come to her, even despite the warnings her cousins were sure to have told the whole family of fleas after they had asked about her.

Even so, she hated her hesitation. Despised the fact when he pleaded her with his own eyes, she saw a glimpse of ones that haunt her everyday.

Then she got sucked into his little bribing act...and fell for it. Took his stupid deal that she claims she wants nothing apart of, yet deep down there's a hint of excitement and yearning to learn.

Even now as she's having a tantrum and tearing into a sweet fruit,  grumbling to herself, she can't help but imagine how much satisfaction she'll feel when she beats one specific forest flea up tomorrow.

**~~~~**

Neteyam awoke quietly, and tiredly, as he prepared to sneak out of his families marui well before sunrise. He'd be honest and say he hardly got any rest last night.

Once he managed to get back to the clan, he ran into his siblings who had just finished their lesson with Tsireya, Roxto, and Aonung.

They bombarded him with questions such as where he was, what he'd do, and why he was acting strange.

They also made sure not to leave out the part where his father was expecting him back in their marui, and he was not happy.

His siblings words deemed to be true because he in fact received a long hard lecture that lasted until eclipse when the first booms of thunder could be heard, and even longer when his mother decided to jump in.

Neteyam made sure to keep his head down, apologize, and nod his head when Jake went over the responsibilities that he has as the older brother.

How Neteyam cannot afford to sneak off and leave his siblings to fend or take care of themselves. He was supposed the be the perfect child, the one who followed all the rules and set everyone into place, his Father would not expect, or allow, anything but that from him.

Still, as he made to step out once again, he couldn't help but look back at his parents resting peacefully. They had done and sacrificed so much for their families safety and well being, they do not deserve to be having all their children acting out.

All the same, Neteyam has always respected and followed the rules. Always kept his mouth shut despite having his tongue wanting to lash out. Always nodded his head when he wanted to yell in contradiction.

Always agreed while his own opinion stayed locked in his head, never to be spoken. He understands they had no choice, but nevertheless he was ripped from the home he cared for, grew up in, and loved.

Neteyam was simply adjusting and making his new life on the island a bit more... interesting. Besides, there was no possible way he'd ever back out now.

He exhaled softly as he took off into the darkness, off down a path he was sure to regret.

**__~~__**

Neteyam arrived just as the sun bloomed on the horizon, golden beams stretching ever outwards into the rich blue waters of the ocean, and into the islands greenery.

Pandora was still wet from the storm that took place throughout the night, which meant water droplets shone like speckles of small diamonds scattered all across the island.

He inhaled deeply while admiring the calm and vibrating world around him, yet there was still a small part of him that imagined his home at this time.

The forest itself illuminated as the rays of sun light peeked through the tall trees, tetrapteron taking flight in the sky, hexapedes gliding through the foggy land as they dine upon the vegetation, and him enjoying it all riding atop his mountain banshee.

Neteyam quickly threw those thoughts away, those days were over. As long as the RDA continues hunting them, there was no going back. That's something he knows and needs to accept.

Besides, he has the island to enjoy and explore.

When he had proceeded closer to her hut, a shadow slithered behind him.

Neteyam turned and put a hand on his hunting knife, keeping his breath low to allow his senses to catch on any necessary scents or movements. A branch cracked behind him and he was in full defense mode.

That's when he heard the loud snap of a bow in what once was a peaceful silence of the sunrise, and threw himself to the ground blindly. Neteyam made the right choice as an arrow flew past him.

"Wiya." Vareya groaned as she came out from hiding, a bow in hand as she sneered at him. Neteyam could only stand in shock, throwing his hands up in confusion.

She merely shrugged a shoulder, " It was worth a shot."

His nostrils flared a little, " Worth a shot? Worth a shot of what?!"

Vareya stared at him blankly, " Killing you of course. If it was meant to be it would've struck you, but it's your lucky day I suppose. Let's see how lucky you'll be next time."

" There won't be a next time, we're supposed to be partners!"

She smirked at him innocently, " Of course, it would be like a fun game just between us, partner."

Neteyam didn't miss the way she sung the last word in sarcasm, " I would greatly appreciate my partner not shooting at me every time we meet. It's not a game."

Vareya once again shrugged, not wanting to talk with him any longer. She began walking away, placing her bow and arrow under a bush, then continuing on south.

Neteyam threw his arms up in exasperation before finding himself once again chasing after her, picking up pace to stay even with her. The both of them once again fell into an awkward silence, or awkward for Neteyam at least.

Vareya seemed to prefer the silence, and at times he even wondered if she forgot he was there. Not once did she look back to check on him.

Wether she assumed, trusted, knew, or simply didn't care if he followed her or not he wasn't sure. But he was sure that she sensed him and was perspective enough to know if anyone was following her.

Vareya cut right quickly, then picked up her pace. She made another cut to her left and he almost slipped on the wet grass turning to follow.

When she made another sharp right turn, she held a large leaf out of the way before letting it go, allowing it to slap his face.

Neteyam hissed as the slightly sharp edges whipped his face, and when he moved it out of the way, Vareya was only a distant figure moving at lightning speed.

That's when he realized she must've thought this another one of her games, taking off without him.

Neteyam broke into a dash, sprinting and slapping leafs out of his face all while trying to keep Vareya in his view.

Luckily her hair seems to shine nevertheless the time of day. Now it seemed to be shining as the sun beamed down on the island, brighter than any pearl.

He saw Vareya take another sharp turn when she began to slow down, but he only picked up his pace until he was beside her and grabbing her wrist softly but firmly.

" Is that really necessary?"  he said slightly out of breath while Vareya glared at him, but other than her hair, she looked pristine.

Snatching her arm away from him she spoke, " What are you talking about? That you are slower than an ilu on land is not my fault."

The minute Vareya finished that sentence her eyes widened in what seemed like pain and she took a step back as if someone had struck her.

Just as he went to ask what had happened, she regained her composure completely. Her eyes went back to clear and she adjusted her posture to straight, the only difference was her jaw was now set tight.

" Vareya-"

" We're here." she said rigidly before moving one final frond out of their way and revealing the wonders before them.

Breathtakingly waterfalls stretched as far as Neteyam can see, all cascading down rocky cliff sides then falling powerfully,  bringing lacy white onto the traveling stream.

An icy cool pool shimmered just a few feet away from him. Similar but smaller sea wall terraces separated the calming waters from the moving one.

In the distance a vibrant rainbow flashed across the sky, adding a magical touch to the paradise.

Exotic flora and fauna he's never witnessed before were largely spread out, varying in colors just like the rainbow that was above them, enveloping an idyllic lagoon and creating a serene landscape.

Small plants were placed along the cove line as small fish could be seen swimming peacefully under the clear waters.

The rich emerald foliage of the trees swayed gently in the balmy breeze, providing a soothing backdrop to this natural wonder.

When Vareya saw the effect the scenery took on the boy beside her, she partially regretted bringing him here herself as his eyes yearned with longing.

A few more seconds passed in soppy silence - then she couldn't take it anymore.

Her face scrunched, " Your making me sick, let's get a move on."

Neteyam snapped out of his admiration from her gruff voice, watching her walk along the sea wall terraces gracefully before jumping on a mini island in the center of this- what feels like hidden- utopia.

He once again followed her path, his feet drowning in the refreshing waters. He had to restrain himself from diving in entirely.

Finally after adjusting to the scenery enough that he doesn't have to examine every detail he passes, he stood beside where Vareya was waiting impatiently for him.

When she realized she ultimately had his full attention, Vareya explained,

" This will give us enough seclusion to train coming this early, but it's a popular spot amongst young Metkayina later during eclipse. I'm sure one of my cousins will bring you eventually."

Vareya gazed down at the pool surrounding them, " A few things before we start. I am not my sweet cousin, I don't have patience and it doesn't get better with people I want to kill. I will be tough and I will not baby you, do not expect any other treatment. If you don't learn at a pace that pleases me, you will have to figure out the rest yourself..."

Neteyam went to cut in but she stopped him, continuing on,

" Here I will teach you breathing techniques until I find you ready to take upon the ocean, I know another private spot that is empty at sunrise. But here is where you will train me to fight like a demon."

Not that he was complaining about training here, he still had to ask, " Why can't we just train entirely at the beach then?"

Vareya looked at him annoyed as if he had just asked a stupid question to an obvious answer, " Because forest boy, this place keeps me sane enough that I won't have the temptation to scratch your eyes out every time I look at you."

" You really hate me, don't you?"

" Don't take it personal flea, I hate everyone. What is personal is that you have demon blood running through your veins... that's the part that makes me want to kill you."

Neteyam slacked, " Your very confusing. Has anyone told you that?"

Vareya did another one of her half shrugs, " I'll give you the credit of being the first to say that, but if you speak again about something that doesn't involve teaching me than I'll leave and the next time I see you, the arrow will strike true I promise that."

Neteyam stared at her, then spoke lowly.

" I would never hurt you Vareya. I can promise you that."

Vareya turned to look at him, head low and eyes wide,

"tsap'alute si, because I cannot say the same."

She indicated the conversation over as she unsheathed her hunting knife and got into fighting position, a deadly smirk plastered on her face.

" let's begin."

**__~~__**

A/N

Hey everyone! Want to start off again by thanking all my new readers for giving this a shot, and all my first readers who are still around! I'm grateful for all of you🫶

Second, I'd want to apologize for this chapters delay as well as the quality. I haven't been happy with my writing the last few days and will do my best to improve it for the upcoming chapters.

If you guys have any complaints, opinions, or catch on to any error I may have missed- PLS DO NOT BE AFRAID TO TELL ME!!

Lastly I would like to say that I am going on vacay for a week starting tomorrow, but don't worry because it's a road trip and I won't be driving so I should be able to do plenty of writing and have chapter 7&8 posted right on time this Saturday and Sunday.

Again, thank you so much because every view I get makes my day! Love ya'll!!

- love, _watuluv_9

VOTE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW💛

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.3K 1.3K 69
She was the mysterious and unknown girl and he the boy that liked to unravel secrets, could I make it more obvious? But both end up getting to know...
29.8K 453 15
❝ 𝑳𝑰𝑺𝑻𝑬𝑡 𝑳𝑢'𝑨𝑲, 𝑰 𝑡𝑬𝑬𝑫 𝑻𝑢 𝑻𝑨𝑳𝑲 𝑻𝑢 𝒀𝑢𝑼𝑹 𝑩𝑹𝑢𝑻𝑯𝑬𝑹. 𝑾𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑬 𝑰𝑺 𝑯𝑬? ❞ ❝ 𝑭𝑰𝑡𝑫 𝑯𝑰𝑴 𝒀𝑢𝑼𝑹𝑺𝑬𝑳𝑭, 𝑰'𝑴 οΏ½...
23.1K 577 25
(DISCONNECTED!!!!!) "π‘¦π‘œπ‘’'π‘Ÿπ‘’ π‘Ž π‘‘π‘œπ‘™π‘™, π‘¦π‘œπ‘’ π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘’ π‘“π‘™π‘Žπ‘€π‘™π‘’π‘ π‘ ... 𝑏𝑒𝑑 𝑖 𝑗𝑒𝑠𝑑 π‘π‘Žπ‘›'𝑑 π‘€π‘Žπ‘–π‘‘ π‘“π‘œπ‘Ÿ π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’ π‘‘π‘œ π‘‘π‘’π‘ π‘‘π‘Ÿ...
3.4K 43 9
Aha'ri had a sheltered childhood. Her parents were scarred from the war with the sky people, and intended to protect their children from the world. W...