RWBY and JNPR Watch The Recol...

By CeruleanLancer

The Blood Gulch Chronicles are over and now it's time for the teams to continue with the Recollection Trilogy... More

Mini-Series: Recovery One
S6E1
S6E2
S6E3
S6E4
S6E5
S6E6
S6E7
S6E8
S6E9
S6E10
S6E11
S6E12
S6E13
S6E14
S6E15
S6E16
S6E17
S6E18
S6E19
Mini-Series: Relocated
S7E1
S7E2
S7E3
S7E4
S7E5
S7E6
S7E7
S7E8
S7E9
S7E10
S7E11
S7E12
S7E13
S7E14
S7E15
S7E16
S7E17
S7E18
S7E19
S8E1
S8E2
S8E4
S8E5
S8E6
S8E7
S8E8
S8E9
S8E10
S8E11
S8E12
S8E13
S8E14
S8E15
S8E16
S8E17
S8E18
S8E19
S8E20

S8E3

1.9K 32 13
By CeruleanLancer

Author's Note:

Today is the day brothers and sisters, the long awaited chapter.

The episode where we knew Red vs Blue wasn't just a Machinima that lasted. The day we found out Red vs Blue was special. The day the most badass of badass reveals happened until episode 10. Here we go!

P.S: there will be RWBY spoilers in the bottom AN, I'm saying this again because episode 6... Holy shit, just I mean... holy shit. In an incredibly awesome storytelling/shocking way.

Cover Art: Cruz7808

Review, point out mistakes, and flame.

Story got deleted on FFN, should be up on Quotev, and Archive too. Get's posted on Wattpad first.

For cool fanart and art in general check out my sister's art page on insta: Artist . Joanna (No spaces) or twt: ArtistJoanna

S8E3- Upon Further Review

"Upon Further Review" appeared on the screen with the theme.

Ruby and Nora hummed the theme with everyone else soon following.

"Upon Further Review." Weiss read aloud, "Any predictions Blake?"

"I can't guess everything from just the chapter title." Blake explained. "Ren-"

"And neither can I." Ren chuckled.

Fade in to the hostages at Red Base with Washington walking up to Doc.

Washington: "Doc. What did you find out in your scan of the Meta?"

"If only Washington knew how bad of a medic Doc is." Weiss commented.

"He did say his skills improved." Pyrrha pointed out.

Doc: "Uh, it's hard to say. He's added so much non-standard equipment to his armor I can't really get a good reading on him."

Washington: "I didn't want you to run an intelligence report on him, I wanted a medical one."

"He lost all his A.I. Didn't he? Why would he still have- oh his equipment wasn't destroyed right!" Ruby gasped.

"And he can't run that equipment well without the A.I." Jaune finished.

Doc: "His power systems are stressed from trying to maintain it all. Is he missing some component that controls all this, er-"

"So that means he can be beaten if they just wait him out." Jaune smiled.

"If they can last that long." Blake laughed.

Washington: " Physically , is he fine, physically?"

Doc: "Yeah, I guess."

"The more important thing to know is if he's fine mentally." Weiss commented.

"We all know he's not." Yang explained, "All the A.I. In his head made him crazy."

"Yeah but they're all gone now." Ruby frowned, "Wouldn't that make him... not crazy anymore?"

"Well he wants the A.I. Back so I'm guessing he still has something going on up there, something bad." Yang emphasized her point by waving a finger in a circle next to her head.

Washington: "Good. Next time, answer the question I ask. I'm watching you two. Give me any trouble, and you're dead. Don't believe me? Ask your buddy about his friend, Donut."

"Does Washington not know Doc knows the Reds and Blues? He knows that Donut was the pink body." Weiss explained.

Doc: "Hey, he does realize that I'm the one who scanned Donut's dead body, right?"

Simmons: "I think he was just making a point. Hey, I have an idea. Give me your scanner thing."

"Doc has the same scanner thing as that one soldier who shot Church last season." Ruby grinned glancing at Gambol Shroud. "He's going to E.M.P. their suits!"

Blake grinned as she charged and uncharged her new addition to her weapon. "This will be interesting."

Doc: "My scanner? Why, it can't be used as a weapon."

"Anything can be used as a weapon, especially something that resembles and acts like a gun." Ruby grinned.

Simmons: "Maybe it can. If I can overload the power cell, you may be able to fire an overcharged burst. It could short out the Meta's systems. Either that or..."

Doc: "Or what?"

Blake frowned, "Ruby? Are there any downsides to what you did to Gambol Shroud?"

Ruby waved a hand, "No, pfft! who do you think I am? Some noob weapon mechanic? I made enough mistakes making Crescent Rose that I don't make any more. your E.M.P. Shot will work jussst fine." Blake grinned and let out a relaxed breath.

Simmons: "Huh? Wha- na na na na, no or , just that, forget the or."

Doc: "You were gonna say explode. Weren't you."

Simmons: "... No?"

"And you're sure Ruby?" Blake asked.

Ruby groaned, "Yes I'm sure!"

"Come on Blake, a little explosion won't hurt, and if my baby hasn't blown up from Ruby's upgrades, yours definitely won't." Nora said as she held up Magnhild.

Doc: "Were you thinking explode?"

Simmons: "H- Just give me the damn scanner."

Cut to Washington, next to the Meta on the base, looking at Sarge through his helmet Zoom.

Sarge: "Oh Simmons... Simmons! Where are you? Yoohoo!"

"Well any element of surprise has been ruined." Blake shook her head.

"Sarge doesn't really plan like that." Nora grinned.

Jaune furrowed his brows, "He knows they're there, whatever his plan is it involves the Warthog."

"How do you know?" Yang asked.

"Last episode, Sarge wanted to know how good the seat belts in the jeep were, I'm guessing Sarge said that because he thinks they'll crash." Jaune explained.

Washington: "Looks like just one of them."

Sarge: "Yoohoo!"

"He's definitely trying to get their attention." Jaune frowned.

"Why are you trying to decipher his plan? It's going to either A: not work, or B: Be a ridiculously stupid plan." Weiss explained.

"Or C: both" Blake chuckled, Weiss soon followed.

"Sarge always has great plans." Nora grumbled.

Meta: *Meta noises*

Washington: "I don't know if he has it. I can't see from this far."

"He was asking about the Epsilon unit." Jaune concluded.

Meta: *More Growls*

Sarge: "Siiimmons!"

Washington: "No, you stay here, guard these two. I'll go out there. If he gives me any trouble, just kill the prisoners and come help me."

Washington runs through the Grav lift.

"They've both outlived their usefulness." Blake sighed.

Doc: "I hope your friend doesn't give him any trouble."

Simmons: "If he's one of my friends we don't stand a chance."

Nora and Ruby laughed to themselves.

The Meta turns toward them and grunts. The scene cuts back to Sandtrap.

Tucker: "Yo, dudes! Sarge! Grif! Where'd you go? Oh great."

Pyrrha frowned, "I thought they took him and Caboose with them."

"Guess it's just a Red team mission, Church followed them though." Jaune reminded.

Caboose: "Um, hey Tucker?"

Tucker: "Yeah what's up dude."

Caboose: "Um, have you seen Church?"

Pyrrha smiled, "He doesn't want to lose him again." Then she frowned, "Wait... the aliens."

Yang began to laugh in her seat, "Ohh man I love this."

Tucker: "No, I'm looking for the Red guys. Looks like they fixed one of the jeeps and took off."

Caboose: "Oh. Well that's not good."

"Caboose sounds troubled." Pyrrha sighed, "It's definitely the Aliens, or Church. Or both."

Tucker: "Maybe Church went with them, maybe they took him, I don't know dude."

Caboose: "Oh I wouldn't say that. I don't think that would happen."

Tucker: "What? How the fuck would you know?"

Cut to a camera view showing that Caboose was surrounded by the Aliens.

Yang burst out laughing why Pyrrha sighed with a smile.

Caboose: "'Cause if he were gone I think some people who have been looking for him might be really mad that he's not here and we might have to explain to those people, why he's not here and those people might not like our explanation and those people might hurt us with plasma guns and plasma grenades."

"Caboose's tone in this is incredible." Pyrrha chuckled.

"His voice actor has always been great." Weiss nodded.

"It was bad enough for Tucker with just one alien, now he has four angry ones." Yang laughed.

"They're like the fanatics except dangerous aliens instead of clumsy high pitched noobs." Jaune added.

Tucker: "Oh. Right."

Caboose: "... I mean the aliens."

Tucker: "Yeah, I figured that out."

"If Church is their god, where does Caboose fall?" Yang asked.

"Disciple?" Ren suggested.

"Prophet?" Jaune added.

Yang nodded, "Disciple sounds right."

"Wouldn't the Aliens also be disciples?" Ruby asked, "They're followers of Church."

Yang frowned, "Ok uhhh maybe Caboose is like the lead Disciple."

"I still think he's more like a prophet." Jaune shrugged, "He spoke for Church after he left, and brought him back."

Yang shrugged, "Yeah you're right. Ok screw it Caboose is a prophet in the church of Church."

"The church of Church." Ren chuckled shaking his head.

Cut back to Sarge as a sweet guitar theme plays for the transition.

Sarge: "Maroon One, Maroon One, where are you?"

Washington: "Great. This guy."

Blake frowned, "The tone from the season seven finale and now has completely changed, it feels like things should be darker because of the situation."

"What do you mean?" Ruby asked.

"Washington killed Lopez and Donut like it was nothing, before he did it there was tension, there's no tension now and it feels like there should be, nothing will happen to Sarge... I'm not saying it's a bad thing I understand the show is a comedy not a drama." Blake clarified.

"But you wish it was a drama, and I bet a certain kind of drama am I right?" Yang wriggled her eyebrows.

Blake shot Yang and glare.

"I still have no idea what you mean." Nora raised a hand.

"I kind of do." Ruby frowned.

Blake sighed, "Never mind."

Washington runs out from behind a rock.

Washington: "Freeze! Stay where you are. Turn around."

Sarge: "Well well. If it isn't our good buddy Agent Washington. And just what're you doing here?"

Blake squinted, "Washington is clever enough to know something isn't right with Sarge. If Sarge knew nothing he would be shocked."

Washington: "Don't play dumb with me Sarge. I think you know why I'm here. Where are the rest of your guys, where's Epsilon?"

Sarge: "Someplace safe."

Washington: "You can either tell me, or you can tell the Meta, back at the base."

"He's using the Meta to scare him." Pyrrha commented.

"Washington is the brains while the Meta is the muscle." Blake explained.

"The Meta is pretty smart." Jaune pointed out, "He's just messed up, if he wasn't crazy he would be able to think clearer and fight better, remember in season six when they tricked him? He was tricked because his A.I. Begged him to go get the other A.I."

Sarge: "The Meta is here?"

Washington: "Yes. And he really wants a chance to repay you guys for all the trouble you caused him."

Sarge: "I seem to recall you caused him some of that trouble yourself."

"He's making a good point." Nora commented, "If I were Washington I wouldn't trust the Meta."

"I doubt he does, I doubt he trusts anyone anymore." Blake added.

Washington: "Situation's changed. Now drop your weapons."

Sarge drops his shotgun

"What!" Nora shouted, "I can't believe he willingly gave up his shotgun, that's bold." She grinned.

"It's quite Brave." Pyrrha acknowledged with a smile.

"I would never do that." Ruby added, "I can't fight without my baby."

Yang opened her mouth to speak.

"No! Yang I'm not training hand to hand." Ruby growled.

"Last time we were just interrupted, someday we need to try again because you're going to lose 'your baby'" Yang mocked, "-Some time in a fight... you have lost your baby! The night you went missing on our mission with Oobleck."

Ruby sagged and groaned, "But I don't wanna!"

"I made you cookies." Yang pointed out.

"Yeah! Well that's only because you... because you... what?" Ruby frowned.

Yang smirked, "Yeah? Did what? Because the way I see it, you forgot why or how you got me to make you cookies, so that means I did it out of the kindness in my heart." Yang made a heart with her hands over her chest.

Ruby growled, "Fine, but only because I know after the tournament in our second year we'll have to."

Yang grinned triumphantly.

"It's strange to think we're almost through our first year." Pyrrha smiled.

"Ahhh! Enough of that! Back to the show!" Nora ordered.

Sarge: "Just so you know, I'm gonna want that back in a minute."

"Sarge looks so weird without his Shotgun, even weirder with the pistol." Nora cringed.

Washington: "I said drop your weapons."

Sarge: "All my weapons?"

Washington: "Yes."

"He's stalling." Jaune grinned.

Sarge: "You sure? Maybe I could just keep the pistol. You know these things aren't quite as effective as they used to be."

Washington: "Drop it, now."

Sarge drops his severely nerfed pistol

Sarge: "Well that's what people say."

"I wonder if that's a reference to games under powering weapons." Jaune commented.

"I bet it is." Yang grinned.

Washington: "Good. Now march."

Sarge: "Son, you can insult me. You can ambush me. You can even take away muh weapons. But if you think I'm gonna set one single pinky toe inside of Blue Base? Without my shotgun ... you must not know who you're dealin' with."

"He said shotgun weird." Nora cocked her head to the side.

Washington: "I said move."

Sarge: "And I said, shotgun."

Nora frowned.

Washington: "Yes. I have your shotgun."

Sarge: "No, I mean shot-gun ."

"He's trying to give some kind of signal." Blake explained, "Usually word signals are best used normally, like an offhand comment so there's no suspicion."

Washington: "What is this, you think I'm gonna give you your shotgun because you asked?"

Sarge: "I said, shotgun! Shotgun dammit!"

Grif: "(muffled behind the wall)Oh, yeah, shotgun, that's my cue!"

Weiss facepalmed, "Of course, I knew this plan would fail."

"It hasn't gotten a chance to start, give it a chance." Pyrrha smiled.

A guitar starts to play as Washington talks

Washington: "What? Wait, what're you up to?"

The sound of a Warthog can be heard.

Jaune frowned, "Is that coming from behind the wall?"

Washington: "What's that noise? Do I hear a..."

Grif drives the jeep through the wall in the first ever CGI animation of RvB, Debris flies everywhere and Sarge jumps out of the way, all in slow motion. Cut to Washington's face.

Washington: " Caaaarrr!?"

The room was instant pandemonium.

"WHAT! Oh my GOD!" Yang shouted.

"He just went THROUGH THE WALL!" Nora added with her own shout.

Ren's eye's widened as far as they could.

"IS THIS ANIMATION!? THIS IS ANIMATION!" Weiss screamed.

"I KNOW I KNOW!" Nora cheered.

Yang whooped as Jaune laughed and clapped.

"JAUNE! WHY IS IT PAUSED, UNPAUSE IT NOW!" Ruby ordered.

Jaune began to fumble with his scroll, his hands shaking. "Sorry sorry!"

Ruby swatted his arm, "Jaune please!"

"I am!" Jaune yelled.

"I can't believe this!" Pyrrha laughed, "It looks incredible."

"Jaune!" Ruby yelled again.

"I am! I'm just shaking, the Warthog just crashed through the wall! I didn't expect, anything that action packed." Jaune explained.

Grif crashes into Washington who holds on to the front of the Warthog as he drives.

Grif: "How's my bumper taste, asshole?"

Yang leaned back and laughed, "Ohh I'm taking that."

Wash smacks his hand against the windshield as the guitar riff gets all badass.

"This is amazing!" Nora shouted, "Did you hear me! This is AMAZING!"

"I'm at a loss for words I- I just, wow!" Weiss gasped.

Grif: "Uh oh."

Wash mounts the front of the jeep after some struggle and starts firing the battle rifle through the windshield

Washington: "Gah!"

Grif: "Uh oh. Yipes! Ouwaaha-"

Grif begins to frantically find the brake among the six pedals until he does and sends Wash flying,

Jaune burst out laughing, "That's so good! Six pedals four directions."

Ren nodded with a chuckle.

Washington fires the Battle rifle which shoots 4 times.

"Wait? I thought that rifle was only a three round burst- oh who cares the animation is so cool!" Ruby jumped up and down.

Sarge grabs his shotgun as Washington cocks it, flying by

Washington: "huhh?"

Sarge: "See? Told you I'd get it back."

"How did he get from there to there so fast?" Weiss asked.

"Because he's a badass?" Nora asked before re-gluing her eyes back to the screen.

Washington crashes into some fusion coils. Cut back to Grif driving up next to Sarge

Grif: "How 'bout next time we use a codeword, we choose something you don't say every five seconds."

"Huh, so that's his excuse for not listening." Weiss chuckled.

"The plan still worked." Pyrrha laughed.

"Which is a miracle." Weiss added.

"No it was genius, Washington would never expect a plan like that." Jaune explained.

Sarge gets in the car

Sarge: "Just drive, numbnuts."

"I didn't think they would ever do this." Blake grinned, "I thought it was like you said, artistic." Blake gestured to Weiss, "And that because of that the show would stay strictly in the game. And the 'I am the best' spoof was just that, a joke video."

Weiss nodded, "Me too, and before this I thought it was great that they stuck with no animation, But after that reveal. Wow."

"Yeah, nothing beats or can beat that reveal." Yang's eyes widened,

"Unless they do top it somehow which would be incredible." Jaune added.

Wash staggers back to his feet as the jeep approaches

Washington: "Huh. H-uh. Nuh, Wuh."

Sarge: "Agent Wash?"

Washington: "Son of a bitch."

Sarge: "You just got-"

Sarge fires and blows up the Fusion coils behind Wash

"Sarged!" Nora finished.

Sarge: "Gaw dammit, I messed up my one-liner."

"No I fixed it." Nora grinned and she crossed her arms, quite proud of herself.

Cut back to Simmons and Doc at Red Base

"Ah what! Where's the animation, I thought they would be animated." Nora whined.

"It's still supposed to be in the game." Jaune pointed out.

"Boo!" Nora booed.

Simmons: "Okay, now's our chance Doc, hit him with an overcharge. It should overload at least one of his systems."

Doc: "Um, you do it."

Simmons: "What- me? I don't even know how to fire that thing."

"It's a gun, you pull the trigger." Jaune frowned.

"Actually with this one you pull the trigger, hold and let go." Ruby explained making the motion with her finger gun. She *powed* it right at Jaune.

Doc: "Just pull the trigger and let go, it's super easy."

Ruby nodded.

Simmons: "No no no, you're trained with it, you should do it. Go."

Doc: "What if I miss? What if it doesn't do anything but make him mad? I already made it mad once and that didn't really work out very well."

Simmons: "Whuga-what- well then just, we'll improvise."

"That's a bad plan." Jaune chuckled.

Doc: "Yeah I don't feel entirely comfortable with that answer."

The explosion from the Fusion coils occurs in the distance.

Doc: "What the heck was that?"

"Oh no, if they give him trouble, kill the prisoners then help him." Blake remembered Wash's orders.

Simmons: "Uh oh, I have a bad feeling that someone just caused him trouble."

Doc: "Yeuu!"

Doc begins to charge his plasma pistol

Simmons: "Oh no, improvise, improvise"

The screen fades to black as we hear the noise of Doc's gun charging and firing.

"Wow! What an episode!" Yang grinned.

"That reveal was amazing, I never expected the animation at all, even with the 'I am the best' song." Jaune grinned.

"We all obviously love the animation." Weiss chuckled.

"Yep!" Nora grinned.

"And it looks like they're going to keep the in game characters too." Jaune grinned, "I bet they can find a good balance."

"If this episode is any precedent, then I agree." Weiss smiled.

"The show isn't limited anymore!" Blake cheered, "Animation opens up so many possibilities."

"I know, there's only so much you can do in a game." Ruby explained.

"They can make new area's, have more scenes like what we just saw." Blake listed off.

Nora gasped, "We can see their faces!"

Ren's eyes widened for the second time, "She's right, with animation we may finally see what's under their armor."

"I'm gonna leave that alone." Yang cackled, "But yeah, maybe we can finally see another face other than V.I.C and the Counselor."

"I wonder why they showed their faces and not the actual characters?" Ren asked.

"Well they must have some reason, maybe those faces were in game?" Jaune suggested.

Ruby shrugged, "I don't know, but I really wish we could have seen Church's face."

"Oh haha!" Yang laughed, "You can't see his face, that's great."

"You can't see Tex's either!" Ruby growled.

"Either way." Weiss cut in, "This shows that the production value has gone up, which means better everything, better story, better writing, better animation obviously, and general improvements."

"Not all of the time with shows." Blake pointed out.

"I mean with this show specifically, every single season has improved upon the last season." Weiss explained.

Pyrrha nodded, "And they'll keep getting better."

Jaune clapped his hands to his knees, "I'm ready for the next episode."

"I am too, I want to see if there's more animation." Nora grinned.

"Me too, I can't wait. Please I've never been more excited for a show in my life." Ruby shook.

Jaune chuckled as he hit play.

What did you think of the chapter? And what were your opinions on episode 6?

- RWBY S7E6 Spoilers Ahead!-

I loved it, absolutely loved it. Things went so bad so fast. My favorite thing out of the whole episode was the drunk, he had to vote for Jacques because he would lose his job if he didn't. That tiny tiny story with him was so grey it was great. Also now we truly see how horrible Tyrian and Watts are and also Jacques because he must have somehow knew about their plan because of his meeting with Watts.

The fact that Salem wanted Jaques as a counsel member shows they plan to manipulate him, or simply know with him having too much sway it will cause even more destruction. Tyrian's pure glee as he massacred them was great, I love Tyrian's character, he's one of my favorite psycho characters.

Watts photoshopping Penny into massacring the people can only be countered weakly if the Lamb faunus explains that she saw it wasn't Penny, that's if she lives though. What an incredible episode! Oh yeah and Renora is a thing... who cares! Other than the fact it was a great way into luring the fans into a false sense of comfort! Their scene was perfect and done incredibly well.

Anyway, I care more about your opinions on the episode but don't forget, this chapter is a little important because animation so let me know your opinion on both!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.3K 712 15
Final Part of "Hello Old Friend" The journey may have ended at Haven, the march to victory must go on. And going to war with your girlfriend, sure...
157K 3.5K 102
What happens when a mysterious file called "Red vs Blue" is downloaded onto Jaune's scroll? Teams RWBY and JNPR watch Red Vs Blue. Realistic reaction...
7.4K 101 11
Y/n, a name no one has ever heard of, but they'll soon know it. For he will be known as the Batshit Hunter. A man who shows no fear, rushing into bat...
703 13 19
Disclaimer: I don't own Rwby, they belong to RoosterTeeth, nor do I own the rwby images Team LADR I own. I couldn't think of how to draw the final t...