Fearless (Jamie's Version)

By hockeylifefr

Lily Grace Hughes is the twin brother to the famous Jack Hughes. For as long as she can remember, she's been... More

The Peoples
Chapter 1 - The argument
Chapter 2 - The Airport
Chapter 3 - The Family
Chapter 4 - Chaos
Chapter 6 - matchmaker
Chapter 7 - Date Night
Chapter 8 - Before Vacation
Chapter 9 - The Lake
Chapter 10 - Instagram
AN!!!
Chapter 11 - Forgiveness
Chapter 12 - History
Chapter 13 - Rainy Day
Chapter 14 - What a break.
Chapter 15 - Change.
Chapter 16 - Pain
Chapter 17 - Heartbreak
Chapter 18 - Hurting
Chapter 19 - Make or Break
Chapter 20 - Game time
Chapter 21 - Family Christmas
Chapter 22 - Twitter
Chapter 23 - Christmas Eve
Chapter 23 (pt 2)
Chapter 24 - Christmas Day
Chapter 25 - Home
Chapter 26 - Falling
Chapter 27 - New Years Eve
Chapter 28 - twitter pt 2
Chapter 29 - instagram pt 2
Chapter 30 - Valentines Day
Chapter 31 - Round 1
Chapter 32 - Round 2 (pt 1)
Chapter 33 - Round 2 (pt 2)
Chapter 34 - Round 2 (pt 3)
Chapter 35 - Here We Go Again
Chapter 36 - what now?
Chapter 37 - one more go?
Chapter 38 - Here We Go
Chapter 39 - why?
A/N
your opinion matters!

Capter 5 - Lover Era

2.1K 23 8
By hockeylifefr

Jamie's point of view

Yesterday was an interesting day. I fell asleep in Lily's bed. I wake up, and we're cuddling. I was already awake when Z came in, but she was still sound asleep in my arms. I remember that whole conversation we had.

—————
"What is happening here?" Trevor says with a big smile plastered on his face.

"To be honest, I don't even know. Last thing I remember, she was reading her book and I was laying down to take a nap. Her bed is more comfortable than mine dude." I say looking at him.

"Yea I know it is, I picked it out for her. Back to the original topic, do you like herrr?" He asks dragging out the r.

"I mean, kind of? I don't know." I say truthfully.

"How can you not know?" He asks.

"Her brother, Jack, is not my biggest fan, I felt it every time we played them. Besides, she probably isn't interested in the slightest." I say starting to get sad.

"I can promise you, she is." He says laughing slightly.

"What do you mean?"

"She told me not to tell you, or anyone, but she was interested in you when you played for Team Canada. Until we played you in the tournament. But even then, she was all crazy eyes about you. Like she went to every Canada vs USA game, just for you. No joke. She told me that, all the time." He says laughing at the memory.

"That doesn't mean she's interested now." I say looking at him.

"She is dude. You can tell by the way she acts around you. She hid behind you this morning, for a reason." He says.

"Yea to get away from you." I shoot back.

"Nope, because she wanted you to protect her."

"Oh" is all I can manage.

"You idiot." She starts moving in my arms. She rolls over and now her face is buried in my neck. "Looks like she's waking up, we'll finish this conversation later. You have the job of waking her up."

"Got it. Not easy, I'm assuming?" I ask.

"Not even close." He says as he walks out.

She wakes up pretty easy for me, I get up and walk into the kitchen so she can do whatever she needs to do before coming out.

————-
I doubt today will be anything but interesting. It's 10:30 and she's still in her room. I heard her shower earlier, but i didn't want to bother her because she was probably reading again. I think that's all she does in her free time. That, or bother Trevor. Speaking of which...

"Hey J." Trevor says walking into the living room. "Watcha watching?"

"Just reruns of last nights game. They're dragging the Hurricanes pretty hard." I say still looking at the TV.

"Yea, they should be. How are they going to lose to the Panthers?" He says sitting down next to me. "Wanna play some Chel?" He asks.

"Sure why not. Just don't get mad when you lose." I say laughing.

We get everything ready, and just as I'm sitting back down I hear Lily's door opening. I can feel Trevor staring at me and my face starts heating up. She comes and sits down next to me, a lot closer than Trevor is.

"What are y'all up to?" She asks looking at the TV.

"Bout to beat Jimmy boy at some chel." He says laughing. I slightly smack his arm.

"No you won't Z. You struggle to get two goals per game." I joke. She laughs at that. I could listen to her laugh on repeat.

"Oh yea? We'll see about that." He says as we start the game.

Lily is slightly throwing me off just because I'm so nervous, but i still manage to beat Trevor. She starts laughing when she realizes Trevor lost. Her laugh and her smile is really something else. Her eyes smile with her. It's the most beautiful thing ever.

"Damn Z. I thought you were supposed to beat him?" She asks, still smiling.

"I was going easy on him too." I say smiling at her. She laughs at my comment. Her eyes have a little sparkle in them now.

"Yea Lily? You wanna try and play?" He asks challenging her. She suddenly gets very serious, it actually scares me for a moment.

"I think you forget i grew up with three brothers. Bring it on Zegras." She says sticking her hand out for my controller. I happily hand it to her. She picks the Devils, he obviously picks the Ducks. She's laser focused the whole game, and it's no surprise she beats him.

"Good job Z." I say laughing at him. She's smiling again.

"How's that 6-1 defeat taste Zegras?" She says to him.

"Shut up." He says jokingly rolling his eyes at her.

"You wanna play?" She asks me. I'm almost scared to say yes, i don't want to lose my win streak.

"Sure, but don't expect me to go easy on you." I say jokingly.

"That won't be necessary Jimbo." She says giggling.

After a rough game, that went into an OT and two shootout rounds, she wins. Trevor is laughing in the background, like he did any better.

As if she could read my mind, she says "Shut up Z. At least he put up a fight. You were easy to win against." He goes silent and rolls his eyes. She turned to me, sticks her hand out and says "nice try, I'm just too good for you."

I gladly accept her handshake and say "If that ain't the truth" and go into the kitchen with Trevor. She follows behind me, and when i catch a glimpse of her, i see she's blushing.

"You two wanna make some popcorn and watch some movies for the rest of the day? It's raining so we can't do much else." She asks us. Her and movies? All day? I'm so down for that.

"Not me. I've got plans with someone. You two have fun though." Z says walking out of the kitchen.

"I'm still down, if you are." I say looking at her.

"Always. Where do you wanna watch them?" She says smiling, as always.

"Your room. Your bed is so much more comfortable than mine." I say.

"Gotcha. You make the popcorn, I'll go get everything else ready."  She says walking away.

We decide to watch Fast and Furious series. She brought in extra blankets and pillows for us. They made her bed ten times more comfortable, if that was even possible. We've been cuddling the entire time. At one point, i saw her take a picture but i don't know what she did with it. Suddenly i hear her snoring slightly, but in a cute way.

I check my phone, and i see she tagged me in her story.

(Let's pretend they're awake 🤗)
It doesn't take long for Trevor and her brothers to see her story, as they all dm'd me separately.

trevorzegras

(Sent you lilyghughes's story)

I see you two picked up where you left off 😏
Shut up Z. It's nothing 🙄
It's obviously something jimmy
She wouldn't have posted you if it wasn't
Pretty sure we're just friends.
Definitely not "just friends"
You're just oblivious and helpless
Okay go away. Her brothers just texted me 🫠
Good luck. You're gonna need it.
Yep. Thanks.

jackhughes

(Sent you lilyghughes's story)

You and my sister?
Twin sister, might i add.
I don't think it's anything right now
I don't want to push her into anything she doesn't want
Very big boy of you.
Do not. And i repeat. Do. Not. Hurt my sister.
Got it?
I wouldn't dream of it
Good.

_quinnhughes

(Sent you lilyghughes's story)

Just don't hurt her.
That's all i ask.
I wouldn't dream of it
I really care about her
Good. Don't.
Jack will have your head if you do
I don't doubt that

lhughes_06

(Sent you lilyghughes's story)

Honestly a big slay from the both of you
But.
Do not hurt my big sister.
She means more to this family than she knows, and you'll have everyone coming for your head. Got it?
I wouldn't even come close to thinking about hurting your sister. She means a lot to me
She better.
Take care of her, please
I will
Thank you.

After the conversations with her brothers and Trevor, i put my phone away as it is 11:45 now. She's still sound asleep with her head on my chest. I lay a kiss on the top of her head and go to sleep. It's been a weird day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 2.1K 47
When Taylor McTavish moved to Anaheim to live with her twin brother Mason she was prepared for sunny beaches and pretty sunsets. What she wasn't prep...
19.2K 800 16
π—‘π—˜π—ͺ π—¬π—˜π—”π—₯'𝗦 𝗗𝗔𝗬 ! ✿⎯⎯ π’Šπ’ π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰ he's convinced that they're soulmates but she just doesn't know it yet. πŽπ‘ π’Šπ’ π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰ luke hu...
98.3K 1.3K 40
It's the most horrible time of the year for Miracle Zegras, especially when hearthrob, boy next door and-her childhood crush-comes home for the holid...
6.2K 84 14
Chloe Zegras Formerly known as Trevor Zegras Sister. The Zegras Family has always been close with the Hughes family ,Two people being particularly mo...