A Perfect Match

Autorstwa AuthorKatherineRose

Welcome to 1926. The beginning of Hollywood. But for actress and petulant diva Victoria Singh--a woman who's... Więcej

INTRODUCTION/AESTHETICS
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FORTY
AUTHOR'S NOTE

NINE

42 8 6
Autorstwa AuthorKatherineRose

Did my eyes deceive me?

How could this be happening?! Possible?! Real?!

Out of all the people in California, why did my ex boyfriend have to be the one to reappear? Ugh, where's Harry Houdini when one needs him?

But my god...did he still look just as sexy and enticingly attractive than I remembered him. I could immediately see what made me so addicted to his compelling pull before. The man knew how to keep himself in check when it came to his looks.

Continuing to be in such a state of shock, I didn't even hear Eddie questioning me and him until Danny himself answered for the both of us.

"Wait a minute, ya guys know each other?" Eddie inquired, glancing back and forth bewildered.

Oh, he had no idea...

"Oh, very well actually. In fact, me and Miss Singh go all the way back. We met when she was just a young bunny waitressing at 'The Hollywood Lounge.' Isn't that right Toribelle?" He then spoke again, smiling smugly.

That little prick. He knew good and well I detested anyone to call me that anymore.

Toribelle was the nickname he gave me when we were dating. It was a mix between my name and Belle from the folk tale 'Beauty & the Beast' because her beauty resembled mine, according to him—not to mention how very kind and smart she is.

It was clear now though the kind part didn't live within me anymore.

But he always knew how to be such a big cheese, telling me things I wanted to hear—or perhaps it was the things he genuinely felt but it just sounded too cliche to me to be true.

"Oh! That speakeasy with that new swanky and well known jazz singer, right? What's her name again—Ivy Hart?" Eddie then replied.

I might've heard something about that around town.

But if she was so well known, how come she hadn't become discovered yet too? And though I never met her personally—to my knowledge, I'm sure my former best friend Levi was giving her a run for her money by driving her mad.

God, it had been too long since I saw the only person I considered to be so close to me.

I was just too ashamed for him to see me like this now—knowing all the things I've done thus far. Sure I was famous and wealthy just like we planned to be someday, but was I still that happy girl he knew I could be?

Not by a long shot.

"Yep! That's the one." Danny answered, not daring to take his eyes off me.

I stood proud and tall though, appearing to be so calm and collected. Although, I was nearly sweating like I'd just ran across the country. Or wore last season's Chanel attire.

"Well, uh...good. I mean, welcome back! Would ya like something to drink then, before we get started–" Eddie then tried to reason.

Oh no. We weren't going to be cordial here with something as surprising as this was right in my lap. We were gonna clear some things up first before he touched anything.

"He doesn't want it." I finally let out firmly.

With all eyes on me now, Danny smirked and nodded. "Well uh, I think that's for me to decide—don't you think?"

I snickered back, crossing my arms while feeling the power slowly come back to me.

"Oh what now? Are you gonna try to make me feel guilty about that too?"

Standing there awkwardly, Eddie then winced shyly before dipping his head low before rushing to the back room—realizing we definitely needed some time alone together.

However, chuckling through, Danny then began to look around admiring the cafe and seeing my baggage outside the door while pointing like he was fascinated by it all.

"I see you've got yourself an entourage. Just like you wanted. You must be very proud. But as far as guilt goes, I think we can both pour water over that bridge Victoria. Considering ya know, you're the one-"

"What are ya doing here Danny? I thought ya made it apparent that it'd be a cold day in LA if ya ever see me again, fella." I cut him off, hearing my former loose accent slightly kicking back into the picture alongside the man.

Oh no. I didn't mean to say it like that. It just sorta slipped out the way my past was practically knocking at my door right now.

"Well excuse me, but I might've wanted to see how much of a billboard you've become. You have made quite a name for yourself, skirt. I'm proud." He told me, walking closer to where I was holding my interviews.

What was he doing now?!

"Oh! There's a big change from the last time we spoke. Now if ya excuse me, I'm in the middle of conducting a search for a new–"

"Assistant? I know! Why do you think I'm here?" He now sat down, putting his feet up on the restaurant's table.

Oh no, no, no. How did he even know that?! Was he stalking me now?! Why?!

"I don't think so! You don't have the right to just waltz back into my life after five years and expect a job from me! Are ya nuts?! Why don't ya tell me why you're really here!" I rushed back toward him, slamming my hands onto the table while pushing his shoes off of it.

Staring to me in a bit of a glare, he agreed. "I'm being serious Victoria! I need a job. Word on the street was that you had an opening for one, so I said why not and filled out an application last night—when I got in contact with your agent Eddie back there. I figure if you pay well..."

What kind of mind games did he think he was pulling over me?

This was his last resort?! Not even likely.

"Well that's too bad because the position's already been filled!" I lied.

He eyed me closely before nodding. "Oh yeah? Then with who? The gal who keeps referring to herself in the third person outside, or the one that left you with a less than nothing impression?" My eyes widened. He smirked confidently. "I kinda overheard that last one. But! No worries, it got all smoothed over when I gave both those beauties my number for a candle lit dinner for the weekend—not on the same day obviously. That just sounds like too much work even for me to keep track of."

I knew what he was doing. I was quite surprised with how he was doing it although.

"So you're all about the women now, huh?" I put my hands on my hips.

Typical of him to stoop so low. Once a gentleman, now chases dames who probably had an IQ lower than two. Although I could understand why he was such a ladies man.

The man's charm and passion was surely not without skills, and could make any woman go wild with divine pleasure if memory had served me correctly—wanting him to do it all over again.

But that was all in the past. At least I thought.

"Oh I'm a huge fan of the women. But knowing our history—can you honestly blame me?" He poured himself a glass of wine with my cup.

I was drinking out of that already! Who did he think he was?

That was it. Now, this has just become personal.

"Excuse me! Do you mind? That wine is not for the interviewees." I pointed out sternly, watching him continue to make himself right at home. And this wasn't even my home!

"Uh-huh, as it shouldn't be..." He only said, still doing it anyway. God, did he not listen to me on anything?! Taking a sip of it himself, he made a less than average expression on the bottle before shaking his head. "Huh. You've come a long way from your drinking styles I see. Sure this one is pretty nice, but it's nothing that would—how did it go again? Oh yeah! Blow my balls off..."

Feeling a pang now race through my body of how we met, I then grunted and snatched the cup back and drank the whole thing myself in spite. He then stared at me annoyed from his tall and captivating height that I used to love so much.

Did he look even more taller than I remembered too now that he was closer to me?

But it didn't matter. He still had to leave.

"Watch your language! This is a classy environment. Meaning those with class stay, and those who don't—go. If ya need any help with deciphering who doesn't, I mean you." I soon said, before turning the last few words into a small whisper.

Rolling his eyes however, he stood up and began strolling through the cafe again. "Look Victoria, this can all just be an easy arrangement if you'll just sit down and have an interview with me. I know I can be your assistant if you let me. Besides, I know you more than anyone else—so consider it a bonus, right?"

"No! You don't know me anymore, so don't for a second think you do! Danny, you've got to see how odd this sounds! I need someone I can trust and be reliable. I thought you wanted to be a journalist anyway! There's nothing you need to write—except for my coffee orders and various to-do lists."

Tensing up slightly from a distance, he then sighed and shrugged shyly. Ah-ah, that just proved something happened to make him not.

Though I was far past the point of caring enough to ask.

"Glad you at least didn't let that escape from your mind. However, the writing aspect of my life right now is not really in a good...place, if you will. I still love it, don't get me wrong—it's just taking a little while more than I'd like to be in order to be among the best. But, I'm willing to learn whatever it is you want me to do within reason. How else am I supposed to help put food on the table for me and Nate?"

I remembered Nate too. He was Danny's best friend since they were little boys.

I met him a few times over some dinners. He always appeared to look so ritzy and well put together—just how Danny did when I met him too at the bar.

Though it definitely didn't go unnoticed when Danny changed it all up, in what seemed like an instant for some reason as time went on. Laid off the fine and silk pressed suits at all times and switched to wearing a more casual and well...normal attire.

I never had the heart to question him about it however. Things didn't exactly go as planned the moment I started to try.

"Well it won't be me doing it for ya! Danny, you have to go. I've got too many things to deal with as it is. I don't need my former gentleman caller spreading drama, when I can't handle a few things myself right now—like keeping an assistant." I reasoned, about to call Eddie for his dismissal.

But rushing up to me like his life depended on it, he grabbed my arm as a bolting feeling went racing through my veins. Just like it used to do.

Oh no, we weren't doing this. I refuse to feel anything anymore. Especially with him.

"Then I won't! I'm willing to work around whatever you like, if it means I can do this. Come on Victoria! Please! I need this job! You gotta understand! What other options are you gonna get to do it on such short notice anyway? Them?!" He gestured to the fans continuing to scream my praise outside.

"Miss Singh! I will sell my house for ya!" One suddenly belted out.

Okay, now that did sound really odd. I'd probably not even be able to breathe without someone like that down my back every minute. Knowing myself and how hard this was to even get someone to want the position, it would take possibly forever until I found someone else too. But still, it just didn't seem right.

Though staring deeply into those hazel eyes I recalled looking into a lot everyday— along with knowing more on how we truly ended, I felt deeply and strangely within very...obligated to.

He probably came in here thinking it would be the least I could do.

However, before I could have time to over analyze anything else...

"Eddie!" I shouted, pulling my arm back. Letting me go finally, he sighed and shook his head, possibly wondering what he would be able to do now.

"I know, I know! Keep looking! Fine! We'll try to see who will be willing to travel then... from Canada." Eddie then said, entering in again while nodding.

Don't do it, don't do it, don't.

"Uh actually, there will be no need for that." I firmly uttered. Aw crap. Why did I do it?! Glancing at me carefully and attentively, both men awaited my next response. "Give Mr. Collins here all the information he will need to work with. He's got the job."

Smiling joyfully in the most attractive and inviting smile he still possessed, Danny then shrieked. I groaned to myself, regretting every word that just came upchucking out of my mouth.

"Wait, really?!" Eddie yelped in surprise.

I slowly nodded before rushing back to my chair to try to finish the bottle after all, if I had enough guts to make an idiotic decision like that.

"Thank you, thank you! Victoria, I promise that you will not be sorry!" Danny informed happily, staring at me once more and confidently rushed out.

"Oh I know I will be..." I muttered.

On the other hand though, now my debt would be repaid—sorta speak.

Perhaps those trippy nightmares could be finally put to rest for good as well, now that I did grant him this major opportunity.

"Well that's great and fantastic! But I must say, I am just a little baffled. Are ya sure ya wanna pick him—since ya know each other apparently? Wouldn't that be a cause for concern? What made ya change your mind?" Eddie kept inclining to know.

Sucking through my teeth, I sighed once more. "Let's just say, a reprehensible conscience."

Starting at me more bewildered than before—hoping I'd go on further about it, I snickered realizing how too close for comfort it would be if I did. So I proceeded to do what I normally would to make certain this conversation was far from anyone's mind that was in this room.

"Now beat it! Go! What are you staring at me for?! Are you looking for an invitation?! And make sure everything better be done right, or I'll invite you to the unemployment line next for not doing so quicker!" I snapped—back to my own little world for good.

And there I would stay—even if Danny Collins was back in my life for a hot minute before he crashed and burned, quitting too once he knew I was a tougher pill to swallow this time around.

Racing out of the joint next but fearfully, Eddie finally left as I stood there pondering over what I just got myself into so shamefully.

Though to answer his unprojected question on whose conscience was the one to blame, and as the memory of why me and Danny broke up lurked in my brain like it did for months after it happened...

It was all because of me.

🎥 🎥 🎥 🎥 🎥 🎥 🎥 🎥

Looks like there's more secrets up her sleeve...

See ya next time!

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

117K 2.9K 59
This Story is a Sequel to Broken so I suggest you read that first before coming to this one because then you are not going to understand Anything. Th...
1.8M 45.3K 66
I look out the window behind him and take both of his hands in mine. Should I tell him? Would I open up old wounds that I've tried so hard to heal, f...
95.5K 5.3K 70
Meet Meredith Underhill, the Hollywood babe with the bright future. Her fans love her acting and singing skills. She's a talented hard working woman...
6.3K 1K 38
"Thirty seconds. That's all you have to stop the bullshit, or your son is dead." ~~~~ Six years ago, Chelsea Doherty lost everything when her husban...