HOMBRE HERMOSO SERIES 1: THE...

By BiskyJean14

Synopsis Mia finds out that her boss, Mateo Dela Cruz is sterile and could no longer have an heir to his mult... More

Synopsis
Prologue
Chapter 1 - The News
Chapter 2 - The Boss
Chapter 3 - The Secretary
Chapter 4 - The Guest
Chapter 5 - The Episode
Chapter 6 - The Day-Off
Chapter 7 - The New Friend
Chapter 8 - The Blueberry Cheesecake
Chapter 9 - The Cake Thief
Chapter 10 - The Delivery
Chapter 11 - The Midnight Snack
Chapter 12 - The Confrontation
Chapter 13 - The Deal
Chapter 14 - The Return
Chapter 16 - The Party and the Acceptance
Chapter 17 - The Stowaway
Chapter 18 - The Package
Chapter 19 - The Kiss and Cry
Chapter 20 - The Arrival
Chapter 21 - The Arrival 2
Chapter 22 - The Ride
Chapter 23 - The Arrival 3
Chapter 24 - The Arrival 4
Chapter 25 - The Rejected
Chapter 26 - The Siblings
Chapter 27 - The Results
Chapter 28 - The Canopy Bed
Chapter 29 - The Shower
Chapter 30 - The Shop
Chapter 31 - The Surprise
Chapter 32 - The Rink
Chapter 33 - The Dance
Chapter 34 - The Love
Epilogue

Chapter 15 - The Trip To Barcelona

3K 108 3
By BiskyJean14

CHAPTER 15 – THE TRIP TO BARCELONA

"MRS. DELA Cruz? It's nice to talk to you again. How may I help you today?" She greeted the lady enthusiastically.

"By attending my anniversary party with my husband mi hija." She said in her Spanish accent. "And how many times do I have to remind you to call me Aunt Luciana...Dear, you have been declining my invitation for years now, just because my son is declining too..." The lady on the other line sighed. "I know you really love your job, but I am hoping that you could come this year." She sounded really hopeful.

"Maam---."

"Mi hija, it's Aunt...I'm gonna be really upset if you will not attend. Consider this as your gift to me...por favour?"

She sighed. She could imagine Mrs. Dela Cruz batting her eyelashes on the other line. And it's really funny how she sounded like Mateo when he truly wants something. Looks like all this pleading is convincing her.

The Dela Cruz couple has been very kind to her ever since she started working for Mateo. Especially Mrs. Dela Cruz who's been treating her like a real daughter. Sometimes Mateo's mom would pour more attention to her than Mateo but not to the point where Mateo would get jealous. As if he would ever get jealous. Mrs. Dela Cruz is just a really generous and kind person who she treats as a family.

So she doesn't really have the heart to refuse the kind woman's invitation.

"All right Aunt Luciana, I'll go." She said with finality.

"Perfecta! I'll tell Mateo to arrange the private plane for you. I'm so excited... Nos vemos (see you), mi hija... Have a safe trip! Bye."

"Bye Aunt Luciana." She said before the other line hung up.

She returned her phone to pocket and went back to the office just in case Mateo needs something. But when she opened the door, the sight she saw squeezed her: Sydney kissing Mateo before bidding him goodbye.

She stood there frozen until Sydney passed by her.

"Oh...I think I'll see you in the Barcelona then... Ms. Gutierez." The lady said before turning her back at her.

"Ok then..." She said shrugging.

THE TRIP to Barcelona was thrilling for Mia since it was her first time in Spain. Of course, she has travelled some other places due to Mateo's business trips. But it was her first visiting his birthplace.

She knows that she agreed to go to the party of Mateo's parents. And whenever there's a party, everyone who is invited needs to find a good outfit to fit in the crowd. Especially in parties hosted by people in high society.

That's why she needs to go with Mateo to get a dress for the party.

And that is why she is with Mateo and Sydney shopping in every boutique of a very famous mall in Barcelona that sells things that costs almost the same as her salary. And she would always cringe whenever she sees the exaggerated tag prices.

Her feet are already swollen from all the walking and she badly wants to sit. Carrying a watermelon like tummy is no joke. She wanted to tell Mateo to excuse herself, but she is too hesitant to call for his attention as he was also busy judging the designer dresses Sydney's been picking for herself.

She sighed as she continuously waits for them to finish.

"What about you Mia? Have you found a dress to wear for the party?" Sydney asks her raising an eyebrow.

"It's fine, I'm going to wear one of the dresses that I've worn before during Mateo's business parties." She said. 'I can't possibly afford any of these anyway.' "Besides, Mrs. Dela Cruz didn't say any theme about the dress, as long as it's a long gown and formal."

She already bought some over the years because Mateo would sometimes drag her as an escort to business gatherings as his secretary. And she packed the one she chose. It might not be a new one, but it will do. As long as she can wear something.

Sydney just smirked at her when she said that, and she definitely didn't like that.

"All right then... I had mine customized already..."

Her eyes immediately widen. "So what are we doing here then?!" 'Oh no...that came out wrong. She's starting to get irritated.

"We are here to shop...before we go to the party. And did you just yell at me?!" She said almost sounding hysterical.

It's a good thing Mateo went outside earlier to take a call so there's only the two of them inside the boutique.

"Uh, no of course not Ms. Linden... You must've heard it wrong. I just simply asked why are we shopping when we have a party to attend to in a few hours. Shouldn't you get ready for it?"

"Oh...Because I want to spend some time with Mateo before his mom steals him again away from me." She chuckled.

'Of course she's going to steal her away, he's her son. And she hasn't got that much time with her son for years.' Is what she wanted to say but she knows she can't.

"Oh, okay..." So she settled for that answer because she doesn't want to start any argument.

All she wants is for this shopping and walking to end so she could lie down on her bed in the hotel room and start preparing for the anniversary party.

The bestfriend of her boss just gave her a smirk, though she's not sure if it's a friendly one, and went back to try some more clothes.

Mateo went back to the boutique to inform them that they need to go.

'Ugh...Finally!' She muttered to herself. Her feet are killing her.

THEY ARRIVED at the Dela Cruz estate prior to the start of the party. Mrs. Dela Cruz said that she wanted to spend some alone time with her son before the crowd takes him away. And when she said crowd, she meant the business associates invited to the party.

When the guards opened the giant door of the mansion...or should she say...castle. They were greeted by an elegant woman, wearing simple yet obviously expensive clothing, with all smiles and with wide open arms ready for hugs.

"Mi hijo! Finally, you're back! Welcome home." She greeted her long lost son and gave him a kiss on a cheek and a bone crushing hug. She really did miss him so much.

Then the kind woman turned to her. "Mi hija, Mia... I've missed you so much." Then she also gave her a hug and a kiss, but then she pauses. She looked down, and with surprised eyes... she looked at her.

"Mi hija? You're..."

"Uhm...pregnant." She said smiling awkwardly. "Five months...Surprise?"

"Sorpresa indeed... I wasn't expecting this. How..." She wanted to ask something, but she noticed Sydney alongside Mateo. "We'll talk about this later dear, alright?" She said.

Mia nodded and smiled to Mateo's mom. 'Oh boy...Looks like there's gonna be a lot of explaining to do.'

Mrs. Dela Cruz then turned to Sydney. Sydney initiated to receive the same official greeting she and Mateo received from Mrs. Dela Cruz, but she got hung up in the air when Mrs. Dela Cruz only shook her hand...and that's it. Sydney's expression cannot be fathomed when the kind lady kind of ignored her.

And Mia was left confused. She thought that Mateo and Sydney's family are close.

Then Mrs. Dela Cruz asked the maids to lead them to their rooms. But Mrs. Dela Cruz gestured her to come with her.

"Mom, where are you taking my secretary?" Mateo suddenly interrupts.

"Oh...Don't worry mi hijo, we'll have our bonding time later... But for now, I'm going to steal you secretary for a moment...I mean borrow. We have a lot of catching up to do."

"Oh don't worry Aunt Luciana, he won't be missing me."

Mrs. Dela Cruz looked back and forth between her and Mateo. Then she shrugged. "If you say so mi hija. Now come... I want to have a girl talk with you."

"Uhm... Aunt Lucy, I'm here too you know." Sydney said making her presence known in the room.

"I know dear. But I want to talk to Mia alone. Besides, you have Mateo to accompany you. And you might just get bore talking with us." She smirked. "See you at the party. "You start preparing now Mateo will yah? Come Mia."

Then Mrs. Dela Cruz ushered her to the third floor of the mansion and in front of the door of a giant room.

"Uhm...Aunt Luciana, this is not my bedroom. I was supposed to be designated in one of the guestrooms."

"And allow my future daughter-in-law to sleep in there? I don't think so." Mrs. Dela Cruz said then she opens the giant door making her gape at the view in the inside. The lady gestured her to come inside and she obeyed hesitantly.

Mia roamed her eyes all over the place. The theme of the room was silvery-pink. A queen-sized canopy bed at the centre of the room, covered by very expensive looking linens, giant pillows, furniture as well as some other necessities that would make the room owned by a princess.

"Okay...This is definitely not my room Aunt Luciana, I'm going to the guestroom." She started to walk out of the room when she noticed her luggage in the corner of the room.

"This is where you are staying while you're here mi hija. I have this room arranged just for you."

"I-I don't understand that Aunt Luciana. And also, I'm not your daughter-in-law. I wish I were," she whispered, "but I'm just Mateo's secretary."

"But you're carrying Mateo's baby aren't you?" She asked pertaining to her bulging tummy.

She caressed her tummy. "How did you---."

"Gut feel. And also because I know that you have been in love with my son for years now." Then she gave her that I-already-know-everything look.

"You knew? How? When?"

Mrs. Dela Cruz went on the bedside table and took something from the drawer. And everything was answered when Mrs. Dela Cruz raised a notebook in her hand. A notebook with a hard cover and a lock on the centre. The notebook that she's been looking for ages.

She gasped. "My Diary."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

777K 21.1K 39
When I stood up and reach for the door. I was forcefully turn around..making my back lean in the back door.. He snatch the purse and shoes in my han...
4M 99.1K 54
"let me tell you something, darling. you've unlocked a side of me, even I fear. but since you want to keep me up all night, challenging me, he's gonn...
2.3M 83.2K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...
175K 4.5K 28
" Your Pregnant" HOLY FUCKING SHIT. . . . So what happens when a drunken one night stand with her twin sisters fiancΓ© gets her one in a million. Her...