HOMBRE HERMOSO SERIES 1: THE...

By BiskyJean14

Synopsis Mia finds out that her boss, Mateo Dela Cruz is sterile and could no longer have an heir to his mult... More

Synopsis
Prologue
Chapter 1 - The News
Chapter 2 - The Boss
Chapter 3 - The Secretary
Chapter 4 - The Guest
Chapter 5 - The Episode
Chapter 6 - The Day-Off
Chapter 7 - The New Friend
Chapter 8 - The Blueberry Cheesecake
Chapter 10 - The Delivery
Chapter 11 - The Midnight Snack
Chapter 12 - The Confrontation
Chapter 13 - The Deal
Chapter 14 - The Return
Chapter 15 - The Trip To Barcelona
Chapter 16 - The Party and the Acceptance
Chapter 17 - The Stowaway
Chapter 18 - The Package
Chapter 19 - The Kiss and Cry
Chapter 20 - The Arrival
Chapter 21 - The Arrival 2
Chapter 22 - The Ride
Chapter 23 - The Arrival 3
Chapter 24 - The Arrival 4
Chapter 25 - The Rejected
Chapter 26 - The Siblings
Chapter 27 - The Results
Chapter 28 - The Canopy Bed
Chapter 29 - The Shower
Chapter 30 - The Shop
Chapter 31 - The Surprise
Chapter 32 - The Rink
Chapter 33 - The Dance
Chapter 34 - The Love
Epilogue

Chapter 9 - The Cake Thief

3K 108 0
By BiskyJean14

CHAPTER 9 – THE CAKE THIEF

SHE EXCUSED herself to Tsukki to take the call and went outside the café to answer the phone.

"Yes Mateo?" She greeted him and made sure to correct herself this time.

"Mia, are you still busy?" He asked in a sweet tone which was weird to Mia.

"Uhmmm... It's my day off, so technically, I'm not busy... I'm just hanging out in TEEWS" She answered. "Why?"

There was a long pause on the other line before she heard him speak again..."Can you come to my penthouse now? It's a mess..." He paused again..."I'll pay you triple."

Mia's ears suddenly tinged upon hearing that. It's her day-off, but with that kind of offer, she can't easily resist.

She doesn't usually care about money since Mateo is paying her generously for being his secretary, but since she's having a baby, she's planning on saving up some bucks to buy some him or her some cute baby things.

"Uhmmm... Alright..." She said making up her mind. "I'll be right there in a while." She added before ending the call.

She went back in the café to bid goodbye to Tsukki.

"Tsukki, I gotta go... Boss is calling..." She said as she took her things and leaves her bill to the table, with tip.

"I thought it was your day off..." Tsukki asked confused.

Mia chuckled, "Now it's a half-day-off..." She waved at him. "Bye Tsukki, it was nice seeing you today. I'll see yah, when I see yah." She said as goes to the counter of the café to order a big piece of one-whole blueberry cheesecake that she's gonna feast on later back at home, since she threw some of it in the toilet bowl.

The old lady gave her, her order and was about to exit the café when Tsukki caught up to her.

"Hey Mia, want me to give you a ride? You're going to Mateo's, right?" He offered.

Mia was not sure on whether to accept his offer or not since Mateo and Tsukki don't really get along with each other. But... she's not part of that feud, so why not?

"Are you sure?" Mia asked to confirm if it's really alright.

"As long as you're okay on riding motorcycles..." Tsukki asked.

Mia grinned. It's been a long time since she rode one. "Of course! I love riding on motorcycles."

TSUKKI PARKED his black Buggati Motorbike in front of the DLC Condominiums where Mateo's penthouse is located. It was already dark when they arrived. Mia hopped off the motorbike and took off the helmet Mateo loaned to her.

She handed the helmet back to Tsukki. "Thank you so much for the ride Tsukki, you really helped me save some money."

Tsukki laughed at her joke. "It was nothing really. But..." He trailed..."Mia, if you don't mind, can I ask you for some help in getting Viane back?" He pleaded, hoping that she would say yes.

Mia gave him a reassuring smile. "Sure, but maybe after some time later, Viane must still be really shocked on seeing you today after so many years, and she's probably thinking of an escape plan from you right now." She half-joked.

Tsukki groaned. "You and your jokes... Please don't make more nervous as it is... I really want to be with her now so bad that I might resort on kidnapping her when I see her again....." Tsukki paused as if he realized something. "Wait, that's actually not a bad idea." He said with a grin as a brilliant plan started forming in his mind.

Mia just crossed her arms in front of him with a stern look. "I don't like what's going on with your head Tsukki." She warned him.

But Tsukki's grin just got even wider..."But I'm definitely liking it Mia..." He said completely ignoring her warning.

Mia sighed, "I'm definitely sure that Viane won't..." She concluded. "Alright, I'll hope you find her one day... But getting back with her won't be that easy...Bye Tsukki, thanks for the ride again." She bid her goodbye as Tsukki started the engine of his motorbike.

"Bye Mia, see you soon." He said and drove off along the highway until he disappeared from Mia's sight.

MIA ENTERED the building and entered the elevator then arrived at the floor of Mateo's penthouse. She stopped in front of his door before she pressed her thumb on the scanner which made the door automatically open.

When she entered the room, it was lit and the door automatically closed behind her. Some of the devices in Mateo's penthouse are automatic.

She tried to call out for Mateo but he did not answer.

Mia scanned the penthouse and got confused. 'Where is the mess he was talking about?' She thought. 'Maybe in his room?... Geez, I hope he did not make me come all the way here for nothing... Although, the idea of seeing him again is not that bad.' She laughed on her own thoughts.

She went to the kitchen to place her bag and the box of cheesecake in the dining table and proceeded upstairs to Mateo's room.

She tried knocking on the door but no one answered. She opened the door and let herself slid inside only to find her beloved boss peacefully sleeping in his king sized bed, and is still wearing his business suit.

She sighed in relief. She wanted to wake him up to ask him why he did he call her to come. But when she saw how peaceful his sleep was, she decided not to. He probably had a really stressful day in the office...like always.

She went to sit on the edge of the bed where he currently sleeps and stared at his sleeping face. She reached out her hand and she lightly caressed his hair with her fingertips being really careful not to wake him and imprinting in her mind the very wonderful sight in front of her.

'He is really so cute when he sleeps.' She thought.

She stopped touching his hair and was about to get up to let him sleep when he suddenly grabbed her hand.

Her heart started pounding when Mateo slowly opened his eyes.

"Uhm..." Mia was stunned for a second. 'Oh snap.' She thought. She immediately racked her brain to think of an excuse as to why she's doing what she's doing with his hair.

But her train of thoughts was halted when he greeted her.

"Hey Mia, you're here." He groggily said smiling.

Mia almost melted upon the sight of Mateo's small smile on his lips. That very rare smile that only comes out once in blue moon.

"Uh...Uhm...uhhh..." She stuttered. Not quite sure what to say. "Yeah...you ask me to come in here." She said. "You told me your penthouse was a mess. But it looks like it wasn't."

She tried to wiggle her hand off of his hold but he only gripped it tighter.

"Yeah, I lied. Sorry." He smirked.

Mia raised an eyebrow, confused on what he said.

"Then why did you call me?" She asked wanting some confirmation.

Mateo didn't reply but instead he sat on the bed and rested his head on her shoulder and buried his nose in her neck. "You were not in the office today...I've miss you." He said while his face still on her neck.

Mia noticed that Mateo has grown a habit of smelling her neck. He must have really like her vanilla-strawberry scented cologne. But she doesn't really care because she's already getting used to it, and besides, she's certainly loving it.

"Naturally sir...I mean Mateo, It's my day-off." She said. "Also, me not being there isn't really a big deal... You can work just fine."

Mateo wrapped his arms around her waist as he started to kiss her neck which brought shiver to her body.

"No I can't Mia. The office felt empty without you there. What about you? Didn't you miss me?"

'Of course I did.' But she wanted to tease him. "No?"

Mia felt Mateo stiffen and he unwrapped his arms from her. Then she heard him 'tsk'. She tried to take a peek to see his reaction and she wanted to laugh when she saw him really pissed off.

"I'll go make us dinner." He said out of nowhere sounding really pissed.

He first changed into a grey shirt and black sweatpants before storming out of the room to go downstairs.

Mia just shook her head chuckling. She's assuming that it must probably his bipolarism taking over again because Mateo... doesn't know anything about cooking.

She sighed and laid on his ginormous spreading both of her arms to feel the velveteen texture of the surface.

'There's no way he'd miss.'... 'Maybe the idea of having a secretary is what he missed, but definitely not me.' She thought with a smile. 'But then again, there's no harm in assuming once in a while.'

She yawned but she's not planning on sleeping. But she didn't realize that the comfortableness of the bed is making her eyes feel heavy until she unconsciously drove off to sleep.

MATEO NEVER felt this agitated in his life.

'No?... How could she not miss me, when all I could think about the whole day was her?!'

Mateo just shook his head and started making dinner for the both of them with a frown on his head.

He opened the fridge to get some ingredients when an idea suddenly crossed his mind.

'Why the hell am I making dinner? I don't even know the first thing about cooking.' He slammed the fridge close and massaged his temple.

He knows that he's temper is rising again but he quickly tried to supress it as he doesn't want to repeat what he did the last time he lost control with his episode.

Once his calmed, he took his phone and decided to order something from a Japanese restaurant for their dinner since he already dropped the idea of cooking.

When his ordered is place, he ended the call and decided to check on Mia upstairs when he something from the dining table called his attention.

It was a large box with a picture of one of his favourite desserts in the world and it literally had a huge word 'BLUEBERRY' written on it. And he just can't resist anything that says it has blueberry on it.

He definitely knows that it's probably Mia's, and uncovering someone else's box is a bad thing, but his curiosity has already possessed most of him and now he couldn't stop his hand from doing what it's not supposed to do.

Mateo felt like he heard the angels sing as he saw what's inside the box.

'A blueberry cheesecake! Oh shit!'

When was the last time he ate something with blueberry on it? He can't remember. But seeing the cake in front of him made him forget anything else. Even about the fact that the cake isn't his.

"Oh baby, come to daddy..." He sang as he took a knife to slice slowly sliced the cake as it satisfyingly dives into its softness. He can't help but be amazed on how beautiful it was. When a piece settled into his plate, he wasted no time and immediately took a fork to settle the first bite and his mouth and the flavours of the delicious cake exploded in his mouth.

He was about to eat the second bite when he heard Mia's voice that brought him back to senses...

"Mateo? What are you doing? And is that my blueberry cheesecake you're eating?" She said with astonishment as her eyes widen in shock.

'Oh shit!' Mateo thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 5.3K 16
" Were you ever going to tell me that you had the kid?" I might've changed my mind if I would've known you had her."Dylan said to me as if this whole...
1.8M 64.6K 47
"You have already ruined my life, what else do you want?", I barked at him. "Ten minutes", he muttered. "What?", I asked as I was unable to hear him...
4M 99K 54
"let me tell you something, darling. you've unlocked a side of me, even I fear. but since you want to keep me up all night, challenging me, he's gonn...
12M 214K 42
Cecilia Sanchez was getting married to multi billionaire, Joseph Taylor. Cecilia loved Joseph will all her heart and soul. They were high school swee...