It's All Started With A Lie

By _Shivani_1910

She is crazy He is calm. She is clumsy He is reserved. She never stops talking He never talks if it is not n... More

Author's note
Chapter- 1 Naina
Chapter- 2 Arnav Singhania
Chapter- 3 Lie
Chapter- 4 A rich liar...
Chapter- 5 weird
Chapter- 6 Remember..?
Chapter- 7 Apologize
Chapter- 8 Tense
Chapter- 9 Another lie
Chapter- 10 Try..!!
Chapter- 11 Home
Chapter- 12 complicated family
Chapter- 13 Apology
Chapter- 14 random man
Chapter- 15 Are you ok?
Chapter- 16 Annoying
chapter- 17 get together
Chapter- 18 Drama queen
Chapter- 19 A sudden call
Chapter- 20 Angry
Chapter- 22 His sister..!!
Chapter- 23 Watching a movie
Chapter- 24 Dinner
Chapter- 25 Threatening?
Chapter- 26 Are you in love?
Chapter- 27 Amusement Park
Chapter- 28 Finding out
Chapter- 29 The truth
Chapter- 30 Broken
Chapter- 31 She is different!
Chapter- 32 Enough of the lies
Chapter- 33 confession?
Chapter- 34 Ignoring
Chapter- 35 Date!
Chapter- 36 The tension!
Chapter- 37 His dream!
Chapter- 38 Typical Siblings
Chapter- 39 Business party
Chapter- 40 First fight
Chapter- 41 The surprise gift..!!
Chapter- 42 Dinner at Singhania's Mansion
Chapter- 43 Meeting his parents
Chapter- 44 The panic!
Chapter- 45 encounter with Dev
Chapter- 46 Accident!
Chapter- 47 His Eyes
Chapter- 48 Confident Naina
Chapter- 49 Journey with her friends
Chapter- 50 Surprise or shock
Chapter- 51 Accepted
Chapter- 52 Chaotic siblings
Chapter- 53 Cute couple
Chapter- 54 Loyal
Chapter- 55 Kind
Chapter- 56 Kidnapped
Chapter- 57 Captive
Chapter- 58 Rescued
Chapter- 59 Provoke
Chapter- 60 Date!
Chapter- 61 His birthday
Chapter- 62 Unbeliveable
Chapter- 63 Everything Falling apart
Chapter- 64 Let's meet!
Chapter- 65 Holi celebrations...!
Chapter- 66 Different
Not an update!
Chapter- 67 Naina Missing
Chapter- 68 Devastated
Chapter- 69 Is this the end...?
Chapter- 70 Vulnerable
Chapter- 71 She is back!!
Chapter- 72 Our Baby?
Chapter- 73 Another woman?
Chapter- 74 Clarity
Chapter- 75 The change
Chapter- 76 Proposal
Chapter- 77 The rituals
Chapter- 78 The wedding
Chapter- 79 The End!
Epilogue
Epilogue- 2
Bonus chapter

Chapter- 21 calming down

2.4K 173 24
By _Shivani_1910

Arnav's POV

I was pissed off. I don't know what to do; I did boxing to relieve my stress, but it still didn't calm me down. My anger is increasing with each passing second.

I took the clock and threw it on the floor. I was throwing all the items that I could.

"What can I do?" I roared and dropped the side table on the floor with frustration.

"Calm down", I heard a voice which calms me down every time.

When I threw the table on the floor, accidentally the recorder in which I stored all the old shows of Naina switched on and it started playing an old audio of hers

"Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths," she said calmly, and I did what she said.

"Now, think about the person whom you love the most and who can calm you down," she said, and the first picture my brain played is Naina's.

Her smiling face, her calming voice, her innocent eyes, her childish behavior, her clumsy self... everything related to her is unique and magical. Thinking about her while taking deep breaths calmed me down and now, I want to see her. Directly or indirectly, she was there for me whenever I needed someone.

It's already 11 pm, and she will be at home. I drove to her home in a hurry and called her once I reached there. On the way coming here I received a message from Peter saying that the girl's surgery was successful and now, she is safe but needs another small surgery which is harmless.

"Hello", she picked up the call immediately.

"Butterfly, can I see you for a bit".
"now?" I asked her.

"Now? " She questioned.

"Yeah, I am in front of your house. Come down", I replied and disconnected the call before she could say anything.

After 10 mins, she came down.

"Are you ok?" That's the first thing she asked.
That's why I came to her. She knows if anything is wrong with me.
No, I am not ok, I wanted to scream that to her but I decided to go the other way.

"Yeah, I just wanted to see you," I lied, and she smiled. This is what calms me down, her smile.

"Let's go there and sit", she said, pointing at a bench inside a community hall which is not far away from her house.

We got in and sat on the bench, silently.

"Now, tell me what happened?" She asked.
So, she didn't believe me when I told her I was ok.

"It's nothing, butterfly", I shrugged, not knowing what to tell her.

"Oye, hero... you think you can hide it from me. Something happened. You are looking so tired," she remarked slowly with her magical voice.

"I am just tired because of work", I replied.

"I think you need this", she said suddenly and stood up from the bench.

"What?" I asked as I stood up.

"This" she exclaimed and hugged me tightly.

Should I hug her? I don't know. I never received hugs, so I don't really know what to do.

"No, this won't work", she remarked, before I even wrap my hands around her to hug, and left my embrace. I looked at her confused when she started dragging me to the stage.

She climbed up the stairs until she was taller than me and I stood beside the stairs, not climbing up. Then she took my hands and wrapped them around her stomach. Then she hugged me to her chest tightly, caressing my hair with one hand.

"Now, this feels good to calm you", she commented, and I closed my eyes, hugging her tightly, feeling safe and calm. She is my safest place. Her heart is beating in a rhythm like music, making me feel good.

I hugged her tightly, burying my head in her chest, but this time my heart was not thumping like every time when I was near her. This time I am feeling safe.

I remember as a child I used to be afraid of thunderstorms and whenever there was a thunderstorm, my mom used to hug me to her chest but now I am no more afraid of thunderstorms because there is no one to hug me.

Then she climbed down one step, resting my head on her cleavage.
I felt something when she did that, but it is not lust... it is something more than lust... love?

We stayed like that for a few minutes then she climbed down another step resulting my head drop on the crock of her neck. Then another step, now my head is on her shoulder.
After a few minutes she climbed down another step, this time her head is on the crock of my neck. Then she took another step down and wrapped her hands around my waist resting her head on my chest where my heart is beating fast.

I hugged her tightly to my chest, not allowing her to move even an inch from me, and kissed on the top of her head saying 'thank you, butterfly'.

We stayed like that for like 10 mins before she broke the hug.

"Now, how are you feeling?" She asked with a smile.

"Better", I smiled, feeling relaxed.

"I read somewhere that a hug can make you feel relaxed," she remarked.

"It really is", I replied.

"Now, come on", she said and started walking while holding my hand.

"Where?" I asked, following her.

"Come on, yaar. I won't kidnap you", she remarked, jokingly.

"If it's you, then I wanna be kidnapped", I chuckled. She stopped her pace for a second before continue walking, without responding but I can see a smile on her face from the side of my eye.

We reached her house, and she opened the door of their house as I followed her like a lost puppy.

"Why was there no one? Where are Pooja and Payal?" I asked when I couldn't find anyone and all the lights were off in her house.

"Payal is at work. She has night shifts and Pooja went to her boyfriend's place", she replied.

"So, are you alone?" I asked, and she nodded saying "yeah, I am alone but not lonely".

"Sit here, I will come", she said, pointing at the couch and she walked into the kitchen.

I sat down waiting for her to come and after a few minutes she came back holding a plate in her hand.

I glanced at her and the plate confusedly while she settled beside me on the couch.

"I know you didn't have your dinner, that's why", she shrugged, showing the plate.

What is she?

"Eat", she signaled me to eat but I don't know how to feel and I fucking not even give her a reaction. I just sat there like a statue, feeling overwhelmed by her.

"Aah", she asked me to open my mouth with paratha in her hand trying to feed me.

"If you don't open your mouth, how can I feed you?" She asked with a smile and I opened my mouth automatically. She shoved aloo paratha in my mouth.

No one I mean nobody, not even my mom ever fed me like this.

My eyes never left her face while she was feeding me all the food from the plate.

"Have some water", she gave me a glass of water and went to wash her hand.

"I know something is disturbing you that you couldn't tell me but it's ok, Arnav", she said with her soothing voice.
"Just don't think about it much".

"It's ok to rest... just rest for some time. You don't have to run behind the time always, you don't have to stress yourself like this. Just don't carry all the burden on your shoulders. It's ok to put some of your burdens and responsibilities aside for a while to make you feel better. Take a break from toxic people.", she said with a smile while holding my hand and giving it a squeeze occasionally.

Her encouraging words made me feel relaxed like I never felt. And that moment I decided she is the one. She is the one for me. She can make my life colorful.

"Lie down", she said and made me lie down on her lap.

"Close your eyes", she said sweetly and I closed my eyes.

For the first time, I am sleeping on someone's lap. She started ruffling her hand on my hair and holding me with another, and I found myself relaxing my muscles and my heart rate slowed down to normal.

For every child, mother's lap is the safest place, but for me, sleeping on my mom's lap was always a dream.

If it is the peace that everyone talks about, then I don't want to leave this peace... I want it to last forever. I need her.

I think I am in love with her. How can I even live without her?

***

Sorry for the late update guys... I was busy with some personal stuff that's it... I am not going to stop uploading this so don't worry 😊

Do vote and comment your thoughts and suggestions 🤔💭

💜💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

278K 13.8K 29
❝ I will never be able to love you.. Even you know it.. Then what is the reason you stay with me?", he said teary eyed. " Because some things are me...
3K 204 29
you must have heard many stories about how two people who are forced to marry become lover of eternity and then, there is a villainess who is also hi...
38.7K 1.2K 47
A story of past left incomplete. It's a story of Avantika and Karanveer. A woman With pride and self respect. A woman who knew how to break the soc...
21.7K 1.1K 21
Ridha Gupta, an innocent and a sweet girl who is facing lot of issues inspite of belonging to a good family. She is broken and all want is love and c...