RWBY and JNPR Watch The Recol...

By CeruleanLancer

The Blood Gulch Chronicles are over and now it's time for the teams to continue with the Recollection Trilogy... More

Mini-Series: Recovery One
S6E1
S6E2
S6E3
S6E4
S6E5
S6E6
S6E7
S6E8
S6E9
S6E10
S6E11
S6E12
S6E13
S6E14
S6E15
S6E16
S6E17
S6E18
S6E19
Mini-Series: Relocated
S7E1
S7E2
S7E3
S7E5
S7E6
S7E7
S7E8
S7E9
S7E10
S7E11
S7E12
S7E13
S7E14
S7E15
S7E16
S7E17
S7E18
S7E19
S8E1
S8E2
S8E3
S8E4
S8E5
S8E6
S8E7
S8E8
S8E9
S8E10
S8E11
S8E12
S8E13
S8E14
S8E15
S8E16
S8E17
S8E18
S8E19
S8E20

S7E4

1K 25 7
By CeruleanLancer

Cover Art: Cruz7808

Review, point out mistakes, and flame.

Story got deleted on FFN, should be up on Quotev, and Archive too. Get's posted on Wattpad first.

For cool fanart and art in general check out my sister's art page on insta: Artist . Joanna (No spaces) or twt: ArtistJoanna

S7E4- Catching up

"I agree it was a great episode." Ren commented. "I'm ready for the next."

Jaune nodded, "No time wasting then."

"Catching up" appeared on the screen with the theme.

"Anyone else think it's weird there hasn't been an intro this season? Or even last season?" Weiss asked.

Jaune shrugged, "I just assumed it was a Blood Gulch Chronicles thing."

"I liked the intros." Pyrrha commented, "It was a great way to get back into the season's after a day."

"They might have switched out the intro's with mini series's." Ren commented. "Recovery One was before season 6 and Relocated was before season 7." Ren explained.

"If that's the case I hope the quality of the Mini-Series's increases. I mean the story quality, this mini series had no purpose being a mini series it could have been season 7." Weiss explained.

Blake nodded, "I agree, Recovery One and Out of Mind were good mini series's. Both followed different short story Arcs that related to the show."

"I liked it." Nora shrugged, "It was funny."

Jaune nodded, "Anything else? No? Ok then."

Fade in to Donut at Command

Counsellor: "Private Donut, we want to debrief you now that your tour in Blood Gulch is over."

"I was hoping we wouldn't hear his condescending voice again." Ruby grumbled crossing her arms.

Weiss nodded, "You said it."

Donut: "Great! Wait, over?"

Counsellor: "I'm just going to ask you some, standard questions to rate your experience, and I will be filling out a form based on your responses. Do you understand?"

"Yay, we get a flashback of Donut taking a survey rating Blood Gulch." Yang laughed.

Donut: "Yes Sir."

Counsellor: "Alright, then let's begin. During your deployment you were assigned to the Red Team, is that correct?"

Donut: "That's right! You can tell by my lightish red armor."

"Pink!" Nora groaned, "I like Donut but it's pink."

"When we first saw him I thought it was just him trying to be masculine or something but now I think he's just a stubborn idiot. When it comes to colors." Weiss commented.

Counsellor: "I'm, a bit confused. By 'lightish red,' do you mean pink?"

Nora nodded.

Donut: "No, I mean lightish red."

Counsellor: "... Let's come back to this during the free form period."

Donut: "Okeedoke."

"Hopefully this will give us insight on to where he's been." Ren commented.

Jaune nodded.

Counsellor: "Now, as to your experience in Blood Gulch, would you say it was 'satisfactory,' 'somewhat satisfactory,' or 'unsatisfactory?'"

"He's going to go with satisfactory because he's Donut but if I was him I would absolutely say it was unsatisfactory." Weiss commented.

"I would say it was a horrible time in my life and that I never want to see a canyon again." Blake chuckled.

"What? After all he went through some of it was fun." Ruby argued. "Like what?" Yang asked.

"I- he got to fly around in the purple thing." Ruby grinned.

"Oh! Speaking of that wh-" Yang started.

"Once Jaune's sister gets back to me." Ruby interrupted. "Then we will work on it."

"I think the con's far outweigh the pro's." Weiss added.

"I think Donut see's the Con's as Pro's." Pyrrha grinned.

Donut: "I would sayyyy... satisfactory."

Counsellor: "Alright, now I want you to look at this picture."

A picture is brought up of "Burial Mounds." If only that map was remastered.

Donut: "Oh, hey, I know where that is."

"That's the wasteland right? Where they ended up after they time traveled?" Pyrrha asked.

Weiss and Blake groaned.

"They could have just mistaken time traveling." Ren pointed out.

"Hopefully, it's almost as bad as the whole ghost thing." Weiss commented.

"The trailer made up for it though, I loved it." Blake added.

Weiss shrugged, "I agree, I do wish Church was still alive."

"Me too." Ruby sighed. "No more of Dad's voice."

"Hey, you still have Doctor Oobleck, Headmaster Ozpin, and Professor Goodwitch." Jaune pointed out.

"None of them are my dad." Ruby chuckled.

Counsellor: "Which of the following best describes this picture? Would you say it is a) the new location where your team was assigned, b) the source of a mysterious energy reading, or c) -"

" A: New Assignment"

" B: Mystery Energy Source"

" C: Reward Base"

Donut: "That's just where we landed."

"Reward base... Valhalla was basically an award base." Ren mumbled frowning.

"The new Command is just like the old one." Jaune shrugged.

Counsellor: "Where you landed. Can you elaborate?"

Donut: "Yeah, we were defusing a bomb by this guy Omega , but then the bomb went off and it was such a huge explosion, that it totally threw us in to the future and we landed there in that place."

Weiss and Blake groaned again.

"Makes no sense." Weiss mumbled.

Counsellor: "I'm not sure I understand. The future?"

Donut: "Sarge said that since we were surrounded by ice when the bomb went off, and then it was all sand, the ice age must have ended, and that would have taken a reeeally long time. So, it must have pushed us in to the future."

Weiss and Blake laughed happily.

"That's a pretty clear sign the time travel has been ret-conned." Blake grinned. "And I don't care, I like it."

Weiss nodded, "Sarge being an idiot is a much better explanation than time travel."

Counsellor: "I, don't have a checkbox for that. So I'm just going to write down 'other.'"

Everyone chuckled.

"That would be a cool checkbox." Nora commented.

Donut: "Yeah, other works. I like other."

Counsellor: "Well, I suppose there's no reason to ask the rest of our questions. Thank you for a very, enlightening interview."

"Guess he realized Donut was an idiot." Weiss commented.

Yang and Blake laughed.

Cut to Caboose and Donut in Blue Base.

Donut: "So, then after that, they transferred me to that new base. I guess we left before we were supposed to do what they wanted us to."

"That's it?" Ren asked.

Nora grinned, "Yay, no boring stuff in a desert." Jaune, Weiss, and Blake sighed.

Caboose: "That's a pretty crazy story Donut."

Donut: "But when I got there, all I found was a distress beacon from Tucker. It said to get Church; I think Tucker was captured. There was somethin' there. Somethin' scary."

As Donut says this we see Donut in the Desert looking down at a Red Distress Beacon as a figure passes by.

"That's something." Pyrrha chuckled, "The flashback wasn't a waste." Pyrrha directed towards Blake and Weiss.

"I suppose not, that figure that passed by. Did anyone get a good look?" Weiss asked.

"I can rewind." Jaune offered holding up his scroll.

"Don't bother, the figure was in dark armor and that's all you'll figure out." Blake explained.

"Very observant." Ren commented.

Blake smiled, "Thank you."

"That's why Blake is always the Lookout." Ruby grinned.

Caboose: "That sounds scary."

Pyrrha chuckled.

Epsilon starts making noises.

Donut: "Yeah. Hey, this thing sure makes a racket."

Caboose: "Who Epsilon? Yeah, it does that when you talk to it. It loves when people tell it stories. Especially about things, that have happened to us, and, and people we've met."

"Memories." Ren mumbled.

Jaune's eyes widened, "Hey that's right, that makes sense, Epsilon likes it when you tell it memories."

Blake hummed, "I wonder if the memories will sort of, revive the Epsilon AI."

"Interesting theory." Ren commented. "I would love to see more of the Fragments of Alpha's emotions. It would give more insight on the Director and Church."

Donut: "You've been telling it stories?"

Caboose: "Yeah you know, to the best of my memory."

Donut: "The best of your memory?"

Caboose: "Yeah."

Pyrrha chuckled, "He always remembers things so positively."

"And poorly." Weiss added.

Donut: "I bet those are some pretty weird stories. So, what is it?"

Caboose: "Oh, it's a memory component from a bigger A.I. that a bunch of scientists wanted to copy to make more but they couldn't. So they drove it crazy until it developed a split personality and, then they harvested all the different personalities for their experiments. You know."

"Caboose is right on the money again." Yang commented.

"I would love to hear him summarize the whole show." Pyrrha chuckled. "He has a way of telling stories that make them sound lighthearted even when they're not."

"Like Ruby." Yang chuckled.

"Aww thanks." Ruby grinned. "I guess I am kinda like Caboose. In the good ways."

"That's narcissistic." Weiss deadpanned.

"W- Wha! you're calling me narcissistic?" Ruby asked.

"Yes. Because I used to be narcissistic. I'm not anymore. As Yang would say, I'm Weiss 2.0." Weiss grinned.

Ruby fumed, "What's with all the 2.0 stuff?"

"I've changed from my first day here, and so has Yang... in some ways." Weiss explained.

"So does that mean I'm Jaune 2.0?" Jaune asked. "We've all changed from our first day here."

"We all have, except for Ren and Nora." Blake pointed out.

"Yeah, we were perfect on day one!" Nora grinned.

"We have changed in minor ways and I do not agree with the statement that we were or are perfect." Ren mediated.

Pyrrha chuckled, "I think everyone is great the way they are now. At first I was a little... uneasy around some of you."

"Weiss." Yang chuckled.

Weiss growled but did not disagree.

Pyrrha chuckled again, "Anyway, I'm glad we're all friends and teammates. And now Toonmates."

Weiss smiled and sighed, "Ugh I wanted to be team leader so bad, I was a such prissy narcissist. I didn't deserve to be leader of anything back then. And if anything the title of toon leader shows that we work together because I was voted in."

An evil grin appeared on Yang's face, "So what you're saying is, we have the right to take away your title."

"You weren't a judge." Weiss snapped.

Yang opened her mouth.

Jaune hit play before an argument could ensue.

Donut: "Pretty weird."

Caboose: "I'm using it, and parts from Tex's body, parts from Sheila to make a new super best friend... but it's not going so well. I lit myself on fire."

"Wait that's what he's been doing?" Nora asked, "Making a super best friend? That's cool what would you guys do for a super best friend."

"Nothing because I have my super best friend Weiss and she's perfect the way she is!" Ruby's grin faltered, "Well she could be a little less-"

"Ruby." Weiss glared.

"Eep! I mean nothing. Nothing at all... so what's up with him using Tex's body? Weird right."

Yang nodded, "Yeah, creepy."

"Tex's body is a robot body. She was just inhabiting it." Jaune explained. "Not that creepy."

"It's kind of sad." Pyrrha sighed, "He misses Church."

"I do too! I want Church back." Ruby sagged.

"Who knows." Jaune shrugged as he hit play.

Donut: "Where did you get it?"

Caboose: "We went on a big adventure- kind of like your adventure in that we needed help kind of like you need help. And then we needed some help and we got help from somebody. It was very helpful."

Donut: "Well, could the person who helped you help us now?"

Caboose: "Ooooh. Oh?"

Blake grinned, "Washington."

Cut to Washington standing in the middle of an empty room with a Guard in white armor approaching

Guard: "Washington. Got a call for you."

Washington: "A call for me... who even knows I'm here?"

"I was worried we wouldn't see him again." Blake commented.

"Why? There was no reason for him not to come back." Jaune pointed out.

"I was worried we would get a flashback showing he died, maybe killed by the Meta." Blake explained.

"I thought the Meta died." Nora frowned.

"All his AI did." Jaune explained, carefully not mentioning Church or Tex as well.

Guard: "It came in on your personal secure channel. They routed it to us. You can, take it in here if you want."

Washington: "Thanks."

Guard: "Three minutes."

"What? Why is he getting limited calls?" Blake frowned.

"That guy in white and blue looks like a guard, like one of the military dudes." Ruby pointed out.

Washington: "What? Oh, yeah. Okay."

Wash heads downstairs and takes the call

Washington: "This is Agent- uhm, this is Washington. Who's there?"

Caboose: "Agent Washington!"

Pyrrha laughed shaking her head at the way Caboose said it.

Washington: "Oh dear lord. Caboose? How did you even find me?"

Caboose: "You are on my computer screen! I just looked at it!"

Washington: "No, I mean- never mind. What's going on, are you okay? I haven't heard anything about you."

Caboose: "Oh yeah, I'm good. How 'bout you?"

Washington: "All things considered, guess I should be glad to be alive."

Blake grinned, "He's just as depressing and cynical as ever."

"Wow, I wonder why he's your favorite." Yang said sarcastically drawing out the Why.

Caboose: "Yeah. Did you get a big medal for beating Project Freelancer?"

Washington: "Yeah, sure. I've got a bunch more metal in my life now. How 'bout you?"

"What does he mean?" Blake mumbled. "Is he in a prison?"

"Why would he be? The Reds and Blues got rewarded for taking down Project Freelancer why wouldn't he?" Ren asked.

Blake frowned, "Not everyone is treated fairly."

Caboose: "They gave us shiny new bases! The Reds have their place, and I have my own place! It's kinda cool! I think I'm gonna get a drum set."

Washington: "Yeah- wait. Seriously? You have a new base?"

Caboose: "Well, it's not new new. They gave us the ones that were abandoned from Project Freelancer."

Washington: "They gave you a base."

Caboose: "What you didn't get a new base too?"

Cut to show a wide shot of Wash with an overhead message saying "UNSC MAXIMUM SECURITY DETENTION FACILITY"

Washington: "No. No I didn't."

"Well, that's not fair." Blake grumbled.

"The UNSC gave the reds and blues a base, and Washington a prison cell." Ren commented.

"Not fair at all." Pyrrha agreed.

Caboose: "Well you can come here and share my base with me. Oh, we need your help! Can you come right away? Can you come help us?"

Washington: "I don't think that's going to happen."

The prison guard appears

Guard: "Alright Washington, back in your cell."

Blake grumbled quietly.

Washington: "Guard, I need to see the Commander. Now."

Guard: "Yeah right, why the hell would I let you do that?"

Washington: "Because I think I've just found the missing piece to his puzzle."

The scene faded to black.

"Hmm, it's picking up." Blake commented.

"Guess we know why the episode was titled catching up now." Jaune commented hitting play.

I hope with all the layoffs Roosterteeth has had they aren't losing money. I wish they would focus on RWBY, their flagship show. They shouldn't try to shoehorn "Big Robot Anime #1737382836" in while RWBY is still going on. It needs a fanbase first. They also need to stop it with the live action shows, Day 5 and Crunch time had the possibility to be good but they fucked up royally with both. Especially Crunch time.

But what's your opinion on that? Would love to hear it after you like and subscr- I mean tell me how shitty my story is and how I can improve it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.4K 274 14
This is a fan fiction that takes place after the main RWBY story, in a hypothetical future. Years after defeating Salem and saving Remnant. Blake and...
157K 3.5K 102
What happens when a mysterious file called "Red vs Blue" is downloaded onto Jaune's scroll? Teams RWBY and JNPR watch Red Vs Blue. Realistic reaction...
698 13 19
Disclaimer: I don't own Rwby, they belong to RoosterTeeth, nor do I own the rwby images Team LADR I own. I couldn't think of how to draw the final t...
7.3K 101 11
Y/n, a name no one has ever heard of, but they'll soon know it. For he will be known as the Batshit Hunter. A man who shows no fear, rushing into bat...